Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
IPCop, Smoothwall etc
shrapse
Brisbane, Queensland
3584 posts
So my trusty internet server died after a good number of years. It was running IPCop during its life which seemed to do the job just fine.

Just wondering if there's any other similar software available that come recommended before I go about setting up a new server.
03:12pm 27/09/08 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:12pm 27/09/08 Permalink
Tyrone
Sydney, New South Wales
316 posts
I'd continue to use IPCop, if you don't want to get your hands dirty. I've herd a lot of good things about http://m0n0.ch/wall/ but then again I've never tested it.
What did you use IPCop for? Proxying, DNScache and firewalling? How many clients? What speed/type internet connection do you have.
03:21pm 27/09/08 Permalink
thraxjor
Brisbane, Queensland
3021 posts
I recently moved back to smoothwall from ipcop, I found that the new smoothwall has some awesome features compared to ipcop, like realtime bandwidth monitoring and a very good QOS interface, but the IDS service is f***** rooted, I think I don't have enough memory to start it.

Also the proxy services on smoothwall kicks some ass. the rules you can have for internal, outgoing & incoming are really nice, I had a mod on IPCOP that did that would help prevent applications from calling home.

last edited by thraxjor at 15:28:54 27/Sep/08
03:25pm 27/09/08 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:25pm 27/09/08 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.