We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Windows Server 2003 file sharing problem
Crizane Tribal
Brisbane, Queensland
2179 posts
So at my work we bought a sweet new printer/file/license sharing rig to sit in the corner and make our lives easier (rather than relying on off-site solutions - it's state government so we're quite limited). There's about 10 PC's, 2 different printers (with Fiery components) and a few different license servers that would need to use the machine, plus a few other machines elswhere in the building accessing files. So we figured Windows Server 2k3 would be the best solution, since it's pretty sturdy and has some nifty features we can take advantage of (like rolling out updates etc).

We basically want to have 2 user types: Guests and users from our floor. So for example, we've added the usernames of all the people on our floor (taken from their names, so for example jbob01) and added them to a group (in this case, let's just say coolteam) that has read + write access. We have a Guest group too for people who we want to allow read access to the files without them messing anything up. All the people on our floor will log into Novell on their XP machines, which will then in turn log them into their Windows account (so in this example, jbob01). Now, we've followed the same setup as we have on our existing XP file server, but we're having a few problems.

At the moment, when anybody accesses shared files over the network, instead of their username showing up in the sessions window, it just shows up as 'guest'. This results in the user only having guest user rights. Why is the server running 2k3 not picking up the usernames on the XP machines? I even tried mapped a drive using a net use bat that included my username, but I still only showed up as a guest when I accessed the resource. This is driving me bonkers... does anybody have a solution? Is there a problem with the setup or is there something I have overlooked? I can provide further clarification if needed.
08:54pm 26/05/08 Permalink
system
Internet
--
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.