AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
We took the five winged, five week challenge with Hearthstone's first campaign and walked away less deathrattled than you might think.
Hearthstone: Naxxramas' Cursed Review
Imran Khan Detained by US Govt Because of Anti-Drone Stance
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36542 posts
Not sure if this made the news over here, but good old Imran Khan (those who came in late might not remember him as an amazing Pakistani cricket player) - who is now a politician of some note in Pakinstan - was detained by US Customs allegedly because of his stance on drone attacks. From The Guardian:
On Saturday, Khan boarded a flight from Canada to New York in order to appear at a fundraising lunch and other events. But before the flight could take off, US immigration officials removed him from the plane and detained him for two hours, causing him to miss the flight. On Twitter, Khan reported that he was "interrogated on [his] views on drones" and then added: "My stance is known. Drone attacks must stop." He then defiantly noted: "Missed flight and sad to miss the Fundraising lunch in NY but nothing will change my stance."
03:20pm 30/10/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:20pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5380 posts
Like a defiant tiger!
03:25pm 30/10/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10380 posts
People from Pakistan are generally against the drones - that's no secret! This is why when they do international polls about the US elections, Pakistan favours Romney.

Not that Romney would stop the drone program, afaik.

last edited by thermite at 15:30:46 30/Oct/12
03:29pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7464 posts
What do they expect, he's going to walk out and in front of the cameras and microphones state "In light of my 2 hour meeting with the Department of Defence, Department of Immigration, and Quarantine inspectors, I have realised that my stance on United States politics is unfounded, poorly judged and foolish. I now realise that drone attacks save the lives of many United States citizens, and the deaths of some Pakistanis, while unfortunate, is necessary in the fight for both American and world prosperity.".

About as likely as Romney turning his allegiance to the Church of Scientology.
03:31pm 30/10/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7994 posts
If Nicholas Brody can change his mind, so can Imran Khan.
03:44pm 30/10/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3379 posts
so, he is against a method that is used by the US, however his protests have been legal, and non violent, so why is he been detained?

I could understand is he had engaged violent protests, or some terrorist activity, but nope,
03:47pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6694 posts
If he's that popular in Pakistan, it seems like a terrible PR move, difficult to believe that it had the full blessing of the administration.
04:03pm 30/10/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3380 posts
it's not even that he is hugely popular in pakistan,

he is respected, and still admired in most of the cricketing world

it would be akin to alan boarder running in politics
04:29pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Red
Sydney, New South Wales
1015 posts
Look, I'm tiiiiiiired of talking about the drones. I want to talk about something I'm very passionate about, that's my hospital. There's very pretty nurses.

Nurses?

There you go again, that's it this interview is over.
04:41pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5382 posts
04:51pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6696 posts
it's not even that he is hugely popular in pakistan, he is respected, and still admired in most of the cricketing worldit would be akin to alan boarder running in politics

I don't know who that is either. :P
04:55pm 30/10/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21664 posts
Sounds to me like he needs to be upgraded to a suite in gitmo so his stance on our freedom can be remedied.
04:56pm 30/10/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3381 posts
how old are you nerf lord?
05:32pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6697 posts
Either 26 or 27, I don't know any more.
06:01pm 30/10/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3382 posts
Either 26 or 27, I don't know any more.

and you dont know AB, shame on you, pretty sure that is un-strallian

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allan_Border

he was the test captain of your childhood damn it
06:24pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6698 posts
he was the test captain of your childhood damn it

I also don't know what a test captain is, if that makes you feel better. :P
06:28pm 30/10/12 Permalink
funky
Brisbane, Queensland
1739 posts
that's possibly one of the worst things you've ever said nerf, and there are a few to choose from
06:31pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6655 posts
Like a defiant tiger!
06:38pm 30/10/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17420 posts
nerf was too busy being raped by rich priests when he was growing up to watch cricket

since when did the delivery method of ordinance actually matter?

how is a drone dropping bombs any different to a F-18 ?
06:54pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6700 posts
nerf was too busy being raped by rich priests when he was growing up to watch cricket

since when did the delivery method of ordinance actually matter?

Whereas paveway was probably just too busy being a giant douchebag to be aware of basic current events.
07:20pm 30/10/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3061 posts
lol pave. Surely if you've watched a sports section of the news then you've heard the term test captain. You're a weird f***** nerf. Got your license yet?

I loled @ "boarder" though.
07:26pm 30/10/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17422 posts
breaking news, unintended civilian casualties during war time
07:27pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6701 posts
Surely if you've watched a sports section of the news then you've heard the term test captain. You're a weird f***** nerf.

Well, sports are a very profitable and well marketed product, and I think that I've simply never been their target audience. Same with the music industry really.

breaking news, unintended civilian casualties during war time

And that's really going to sooth the Pakistanis, America's ally. Like us.
07:33pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20835 posts
07:47pm 30/10/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2301 posts
paveway is acting particularly c***y lately, but Nerfy to claim not to know what a Test Captain is as a 27 year old male living in Australia you surely must just be acting wilfully ignorant.
07:58pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4809 posts
Cheaper, and if they get shot down its no big deal, hence the u.s. can be more indiscriminate in their use?
08:28pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5383 posts
lol, a test captaincy is the trial run they give blokes before promoting them from army lieutenant or naval commander nerf
08:51pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6703 posts
Nerfy to claim not to know what a Test Captain is as a 27 year old male living in Australia you surely must just be acting wilfully ignorant.

Fraid not, but it's so OT now that who cares.
09:01pm 30/10/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9468 posts
The Drone strikes are Terrorist attacks.
They kill innocent people, they also sometimes kill those who go to help the victims from the first attack.

America is not at War with Pakistan.
It is carrying out attacks that are illegal under International Law and likely illegal under US Law.

There was another violation of International Law a few days ago.
Israel attacked a Weapons factory in Sudan.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-cGNpH2Id4QQ/UI6dTin8keI/AAAAAAAAQcI/N8Ylgl3VCgE/s1600/Israel-attack-on-Sudan.jpg

Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys ?

09:35pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6705 posts
I hate it when I might partially agree with faceman.
09:38pm 30/10/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9470 posts
09:53pm 30/10/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2304 posts
Isn't it a little naive for people to still believe that there are/were ever clear-cut 'good guys' and 'bad guys'?
10:19pm 30/10/12 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
7134 posts
Muslims are the good guys, Americans and Israelies are the bad guys.

At least that's how it plays out in my head.

Guten Tag and Allahu Akbar!
03:56am 31/10/12 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1202 posts
Africa and missiles.... Those two words cannot be used in the same sentence as the word 'good'.
Especially not with the word 'manufacturing'
08:12am 31/10/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4810 posts
Muslims are the good guys,
Which ones?
05:36pm 31/10/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11762 posts

Who are the good guys and who are the bad guys ?
The winners are the good guys of course.
07:41pm 31/10/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7567 posts
why isnt africa spending that missile money on infrastructure

also..

Fritz Knöchlein, a former lieutenant colonel in the Waffen SS, was one such case. He was suspected of ordering the machine-gunning of 124 British soldiers who surrendered at Le Paradis in northern France during the Dunkirk evacuation in 1940. His defence was that he was not even there. At his trial, he claimed he had been tortured in the London Cage after the war. He was deprived of sleep for four days and nights after arriving in October 1946 and forced to walk in a tight circle for four hours while being kicked by a guard at each turn. He was made to clean stairs and lavatories with a tiny rag, for days at a time, while buckets of water were poured over him. If he dared to rest, he was cudgelled. He was also forced to run in circles in the grounds of the house while carrying heavy logs and barrels. When he complained, the treatment simply got worse. Nor was he the only one. He said men were repeatedly beaten about the face and had hair ripped from their heads. A fellow inmate begged to be killed because he couldn’t take any more brutality. All Knöchlein’s accusations were ignored, however. He was found guilty and hanged.

sounds like he had it coming

last edited by Superform at 23:27:05 31/Oct/12

last edited by Superform at 23:27:29 31/Oct/12
11:25pm 31/10/12 Permalink
redhat
Sydney, New South Wales
840 posts
Who would have thought people don't like drone attacks or the American government?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A3HGIuuCUAAXpZ_.jpg:large
09:00am 01/11/12 Permalink
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
1286 posts
LOL @ that vid Mantorok. I loved The Late Show and that was a great skit.
10:13am 01/11/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:13am 01/11/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close