Grab yourself a beta key for World of Warcraft's fifth expansion right here!
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Beta Giveaway
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Anti-Blasphemy protests in Sydney turn violent
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7926 posts
The protests in sydney against a film has turned violent with police dogs being used against protestors and them being pepper sprayed and several arrested

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/police-gas-sydney-protesters-20120915-25yrb.html

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-15/anti-us-protests-hit-sydney/4263372

video from the park: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-15/heated-islami9c-protest-in-hyde-park/4263392

Protesters are now refusing to leave Hyde Park until the arrested are released.

From bottom of here:
Late in the afternoon a lone man from outside the group shouted: "Shame on you for promoting murder in the name of religion." The crowd swarmed at him attacking him and sparking a second wave of violent clashes with police. Police rushed to the man's aide and dragged him out of the park under a rain of waterbottles, sticks and abuse.
04:29pm 15/09/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:29pm 15/09/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15910 posts
bunch of nutjobs

Abdullah Sary, a speaker at the protest, said the protesters came in peace and were disappointed police used tear gas and the dog squad.

yep you sure did

http://i.imgur.com/fYQY4.jpg

last edited by ravn0s at 16:37:17 15/Sep/12
04:31pm 15/09/12 Permalink
DM
Gold Coast, Queensland
4962 posts
This was a non-violent protest

The crowd carried signs saying "Behead all those who insult the prophet"

That about says it all. Anything i'd like to say here would just get nuked.
04:35pm 15/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7927 posts
04:37pm 15/09/12 Permalink
DeathSyndrome
Brisbane, Queensland
853 posts
Religion is such a blast!
04:39pm 15/09/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36493 posts
f***wits
04:42pm 15/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7928 posts
The Onion gets it: No One Murdered Because Of This Image (with NSFW cartoon pic).
04:43pm 15/09/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17246 posts
such a good thread

seriously love it

last edited by paveway at 16:51:50 15/Sep/12
04:48pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6448 posts
And this is why people shouldn't believe in unverified magic stories, because there's no reality check in the race to the bottom of unverifiable lies, and these manipulative social power structures / cults will evolve to require that their hosts defend them against mere criticism eventually >_< (my opinion anyway). It's supposedly the world's fastest growing religion as well.

On a related note, was recently watching this video where Neil deGrasse Tyson was highlighting that global Islamic culture has produced only two nobel science prize winners in history, despite having a quarter of the world's population, due to becoming anti-evidence, which I found interesting.
05:00pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4776 posts
Comeon guys it's the religion of peace*

(*conditions apply)
05:00pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7515 posts
wish they would understand freedom of expression works both ways
05:18pm 15/09/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36494 posts
need to take a page out of the book of these Muslims, who have it a little f*****g tougher in Libya:

http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI
05:22pm 15/09/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10235 posts
I was hearing reports on the radio 7 people have been killed over this overseas. For one crap little youtube video somebody totally irrelevant to anything made...
05:24pm 15/09/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21488 posts
I am just glad I am part of a pure white race which has never committed a single act of organised violent behaviour such as this.
05:24pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
2493 posts
Good on the police.
This is not the middle east.
05:27pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6449 posts
I was hearing reports on the radio 7 people have been killed over this overseas. For one crap little youtube video somebody totally irrelevant to anything made...

Did you miss what they did to the American ambassador in Libya? NSFW images..
http://i.imgur.com/I3c9z.jpg
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A2lanedCEAAN9A4.jpg

Ultimately, looking at Iran and Afghanistan early and mid last century compared to now, and the way that Egypt is going, it seems that the oppressive violent Islam is always going to win out ('faith' based ideologies can shame all those don't believe the most f***ed up superstitions with chants like this, I experienced it in christianity as well). Pakistanis are also reporting that s*** is getting worse there, with poisonings and beheadings of girls in schools to prevent female education, etc.
05:28pm 15/09/12 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
1066 posts
Anyone want the link to the Security, Terrorism and Anti-Terrorism course ?
05:30pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6038 posts
I am just glad I am part of a pure white race which has never committed a single act of organised violent behaviour such as this.

When people are being d****, I call them d****. Regardless of their race or creed.
Not sure why you're so PC on clear cut issues like this. The people that are violently protesting are clearly chucklef****.
05:31pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Totenkopf
Melbourne, Victoria
517 posts
Unleash the dogs against these monkeys we are way to soft with these a******* .
05:34pm 15/09/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3504 posts
They all look like the usual c*******s that turn out to a protest about anything at all to start s***, just from a Muslim background in this instance. A 'couple of hundred' from a huge population of Muslim people in the Sydney area means a million and one Muslim Australians didn't feel the need to protest.
05:36pm 15/09/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10292 posts
lulz f***pot

morons
05:43pm 15/09/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9318 posts
This is the movie
BE WARNED its very bad acting and green screen sfx.

Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6450 posts
Those numbers would require that 25% of Sydney's population be Muslims mental :P, according to the net it's 4%.
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10293 posts
Not sure why you're so PC on clear cut issues like this.

He's just being like, totally ironic.
05:47pm 15/09/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3505 posts
Exaggerated number used to emphasise that a large number of Muslim Australians didn't gather to demonstrate, peacefully or not without bothering to google. Just the usual c*******s where any excuse will do.
05:49pm 15/09/12 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
1067 posts
Aren't signs like that against the law?
05:50pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20616 posts
This is the movie
BE WARNED its very bad acting and green screen sfx.

you're right. my cat has better acting skills.

Aren't signs like that against the law?

but religion trumps law, didn't you know that?
05:51pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6451 posts
Exaggerated number used to emphasise that a large number of Muslim Australians didn't gather to demonstrate, peacefully or not without bothering to google. Just the usual c*******s where any excuse will do.

I have never seen any protest in Australia with people holding signs calling for the beheading of anybody.
05:52pm 15/09/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21490 posts
I was just getting in before resident islamaphobes such as infi and Vash Scooter :P
05:55pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7365 posts
Protestors kneel in front of police in Hyde Park @jttozer

Oh how I hope the next few seconds of this scene, particularly with the stance of the officer on the left, unfold the way the image could suggest.

This tweet/article link this morning says it all:
Islamophobia? Time to end the doublespeak. http://bit.ly/PBARrj

https://twitter.com/RichardDawkins/status/246735418517766144
05:59pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20617 posts
I have never seen any protest in Australia with people holding signs calling for the beheading of anybody.

weren't there a bunch of people dressed in the aussie flag calling for violence against some race/religion or other a few years ago?
06:00pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6452 posts
weren't there a bunch of people dressed in the aussie flag calling for violence against some race/religion or other a few years ago?

The cronulla riots? I wasn't a fan of those either, but they were calling for a stop to Muslims harassing people, calling girls immodest on the beach, telling them that they deserved to be raped, etc, so people claimed, after some middle eastern people assaulted life savers.

i.e. Not at all the same thing (but still terrible). Can you show me where anybody called for anything like beheading?
06:08pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7516 posts
shouldnt that be illegal in some way? its pretty bloody insulting to call for people to be beheaded
06:09pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
9009 posts
minorities rule this country. end of story
06:20pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20618 posts
i.e. Not at all the same thing (but still terrible). Can you show me where anybody called for anything like beheading?
no I can't, that's why I asked it as a question "weren't there calls for violence?" rather than posting as a statement. Read. Comprehend. Respond.
06:24pm 15/09/12 Permalink
dranged
Melbourne, Victoria
2043 posts
honestly get the f*** out of our country, s*** like this.
06:24pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Skitza
Brisbane, Queensland
9826 posts
F***ig cry me a river... All this over a video. Imagine if it was something important.
06:28pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6453 posts
It's somehow getting worse, US and German embassies in Sudan and Tunisia are on fire.

http://thumbs3.thewall.com.au/?url=http://p.twimg.com/A2w1mFrCEAA63n2.jpg&amp;width=620&amp;height=&amp;signature=30d68d7a28f860b1a816af3856eeaf0f
I asked it as a question

Well it sounded like a rhetorical question, to which the answer is seemingly No. :P
06:33pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
9010 posts
Just imagine if there was a bunch of white people doing this in their country....

They would all be arrested and shot.
06:34pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7366 posts
Maybe not the arrested bit.
06:37pm 15/09/12 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
1068 posts
I think all extremists need to be taken care of in a big hole in the ground kind of way.
06:43pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6454 posts
Extremist isn't a useful or practical word imo, since if one person says that 1+2=3, and another says that it equals 10, both are now extremists (i.e. it's always relevant, and if you remove extremists, than you just create new extremes by moving the end points of claims).

On an unrelated note, this kid -
http://i.imgur.com/yVjEW.jpg
06:44pm 15/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7930 posts
07:17pm 15/09/12 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
1069 posts
Sorry Nerfy can you explain more please? How does what you just said hold any sort of reference to extremists and of course everything is relative and all that jazz but seriously... signs asking for beheading? You don't say that's extreme?

Even if you want to take the stance of "in their country" etc etc - f*** that. This is Australia and while we embrace multiculturalism I don't believe beheading is a part of a culture we would welcome.
07:30pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6455 posts
I didn't mean to excuse or endorse them at all, I just meant that "extreme" is always only relevant to everybody else, so I don't think that it's useful to say that we should simply deal with anybody who is "extreme" (e.g. the first person to say that the sun didn't go around the earth would have had an "extreme" position) - rather we need to check claims' merit, not relative normality.

e.g. Not wanting to even imprison homosexuals in Iran might be called an "extremist" position there, since beheading and hanging is the norm. i.e. I have a problem with these people not because they are extremists by current standards, but specifically because of what they do by unchanging standards.
07:36pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20619 posts
is it just me or with every post nerfy makes, he comes across as more insane? I'm pretty sure he's just trolling now. No one can be that much of a d*** and it not be on purpose.
07:37pm 15/09/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6111 posts
mulims * shakes head *

Kinda sad that people have died because of a pathetically bad film about the middle easten version of LRon Hubbard. If an image of someone getting their head hacked off with a rusty scimitar was shown on the internets would the muilms be as upset?
07:46pm 15/09/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6112 posts
07:55pm 15/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7931 posts
NSW Police statement on today's events. Peaceful protest ended and most of those people left. 8 then arrested, pepper spray used because police were assaulted with glass bottles by the crowd that moved on to Hyde Park

Edit: Fixed link, thanks dais
08:01pm 15/09/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10296 posts
That link is broken natslovR.
08:04pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Beezwax
Townsville, Queensland
23 posts
nerfy

ex·trem·ist
A person who holds extreme or fanatical political or religious views, esp. one who resorts to or advocates extreme action.
fa·nat·i·cal
Filled with excessive and single-minded zeal.
Obsessively concerned with something.
ex·ces·sive
More than is necessary, normal, or desirable; immoderate.
de·sir·a·ble
Wanted or wished for as being an attractive, useful, or necessary course of action.

now use desirable within the context of society, news reports that use the word extreme while covering behaviour and the opinions of people who say extremism. and now i feel stupid for explaining that some words dont have precise definitions. the word soft can have different levels of softness btw
08:07pm 15/09/12 Permalink
sharkuul
Brisbane, Queensland
525 posts
Another example of multiculturalism failing ...
08:09pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7367 posts
That kid should just be taken from the clearly unfit parents. That'll make them happy, won't incite another riot at all. Or calls for beheadings.
08:11pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6456 posts
That's exactly my point Beezwax, it's all relative to society. e.g. Freeing homosexuals in Iran is extremist there, so I think that it's not a very good position to argue from when condemning people.

It's not that these people are extremists which bothers me, it's that they are calling for beheading, upset over a b-grade movie insult, blaming everybody else, expecting special treatment regarding freedom of speech, and following a creed which commands bulls*** like this. If you call somebody an extremist, they'll probably take it as a compliment, thinking "Good, I'm a true X, better than the sheep" and won't know what your problem with them actually is.

That kid should just be taken from the clearly unfit parents.

Yep, I agree. Though I think that about most any superstitious parents.
08:12pm 15/09/12 Permalink
sharkuul
Brisbane, Queensland
526 posts
u mad bro?
08:24pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Beezwax
Townsville, Queensland
24 posts
nah nerfy. its not your point. the word is useful in english because people already know that its used in context. no one thinks these guys belong to the 'extreme muslim party'. enough arguing for the sake of it. on to better things
08:25pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6457 posts
Meh, Its complexity is often hard to see. The labeling of activities, people, and groups as “extremist”, and the defining of what is “ordinary” in any setting is always a subjective and political matter.

It's a social normalcy / peer pressure approach, and I doubt that many like this would take it as an insult. Better to state the actual criticisms, imo. It might be worthwhile to look into the 'argument to moderation' fallacy.
08:42pm 15/09/12 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
1070 posts
Even by Nerfy's own words, they are still extreme. This situation is circumstantial as he claims and I lay on the side of the fence that says their actions are extremist actions.

:)
08:49pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Beezwax
Townsville, Queensland
25 posts
someone needs to get laid
08:53pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6458 posts
Fine, but I want you to wear a bag over your head.
09:04pm 15/09/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
7975 posts
need to take a page out of the book of these Muslims, who have it a little f*****g tougher in Libya:

http://imgur.com/a/tlCyI

See...
Religion really is about profit...
09:15pm 15/09/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19127 posts
Muslims are just misunderstood - it is a religion of peace.
09:35pm 15/09/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10298 posts
We already know you hate brown savages infi.
09:36pm 15/09/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19128 posts
If that was a peaceful protest, I want to see their violent ones.
09:45pm 15/09/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10299 posts
Yeah I think we just saw that in Libya.
09:46pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7517 posts
Tatoo parlors must be loving this.. I can see all the bogans lining up for southern cross and eureaka flag tatoos ready to join the fray
09:50pm 15/09/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3507 posts

Banner in the Redfern riots pictured a police officer on fire, having third degree burns from ankle to knee I think I would prefer beheading!
My point was, there are many Muslims in that part of Australia, most didn't join the protest, those that did had their protest and left, and then it went to s***, and from the pics in this thread those that started the violence are the usual f***heads that just need a reason, any reason to start that s***.
09:54pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6459 posts
Our point was that it's silly to say that this isn't related to Islam when only Islam is doing things like this in Australia:

http://i.imgur.com/DfkL6.jpg

It's not that every single Islamic person would end up like this, but that this is uniquely caused by Islam.
10:08pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
2494 posts
Where is Fixah?
10:49pm 15/09/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21493 posts
Rioting dur
10:51pm 15/09/12 Permalink
fade
Brisbane, Queensland
7466 posts
Good point nerf. Reactions like this tend to be peculiar to Islam.

Respect to the Libyans. I will, however, remain sceptical until they produce the murders to face justice.
10:54pm 15/09/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19129 posts
One riot was the result of a corrupt and criminal govt. The other riot related to being upset about a movie.
10:57pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil
Wynnum, Queensland
20907 posts
People who riot over a dumb video need to be put to sleep.
11:02pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7368 posts
Muslims are just misunderstood - it is a religion of peace.

Yeah, their way of achieving peace is just a little different - kinda like the Aeon - just wipe out anyone who doesn't see it your way, that way you'll have peace :D
11:04pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6460 posts
Yeah, their way of achieving peace is just a little different - kinda like the Aeon - just wipe out anyone who doesn't see it your way, that way you'll have peace :D

That plan also always falls down due to subdivisions which inevitably occur when there are no sources involved in claims, see: Sunni/Shiites, Catholics/Protestants, etc.
11:13pm 15/09/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15912 posts
People who riot over a dumb video need to be put to sleep beheaded.

fixed
11:18pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil
Wynnum, Queensland
20908 posts
I bet most of the morons protesting are just doing it to cause trouble. Are people really that dense that they'd get all upset over a youtube video?
11:49pm 15/09/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4777 posts
Yes they are.
Also it's not limited to mulims, see the recent "twitter troll" tears, although at least they have the common decency to just take a handful of pills and not start riots.
01:00am 16/09/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13024 posts
The sillyness about all this is that the 'movie' was just some random guys dubbing over some actors on a very poor fake desert background.

I'm not even sure what they are rioting over? Are they pissed off because the movie was so bad? Are they so unhappy that in reality almost no human on the planet would have watched it, let alone even know about it?

I demand the right to follow my religion. I also demand the right that others do what I say!
08:04am 16/09/12 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1662 posts
They need to chill the f*** out. Islam really is the worst of the big three. It was a s***house movie, that I couldn't even make it half way through. Yet they're freaking the f*** out and calling for people to be killed and killing people! It's f*****g stupid.

I remember when I was at the Atheist convention earlier this year a group of angry muslims showed up calling for the death of Ayaan Hirsi Ali (she's an ex-muslim who now speaks out against Islam and female genital mutilation). How exactly is it a religion of peace again?

This image sums it up pretty good.
http://i.imgur.com/dO2Mg.jpg
08:28am 16/09/12 Permalink
Zapo
Brisbane, Queensland
2824 posts
The people protesting, causing the violence and chanting about loving Osama are clearly broken...I think we should avoid sweeping generalisations though.

I've just read and watched a lot of footage and I just don't understand it. Violent protests accomplish nothing, I can't imagine there are many people today looking at the news footage saying "You're right and we're behind you". They should just all be arrested.
08:34am 16/09/12 Permalink
reso
I can't read
Brisbane, Queensland
5356 posts
Ha ha ha. Religion.
09:27am 16/09/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1256 posts
I'm inclined to agree with Nerfy's call on the term 'extremist'. It's too ambiguous. (but here and now isn't the place to argue the point)

Religion is doing what it can to extinguish itself, it's just a shame that it's still so popular.
I'd like to think that there are still good things that can come from religion (Contributing to a community/family values type stuff). And then I remember, that you don't need to be a part of a religion to 'not be a c***' to your fellow man.
(tho as I think about it now, 'being a c***' and 'being a peacable family/community oriented person' will both continue to exist regardless of what religion does, people will still be shoehorned into the most convenient 'category' that fits the agenda of the day.)

I really feel sorry for the country full of Libyian citizens who are going to have to deal with US Drones circling overhead in the coming months.

I really doubt this whole thing is (at its core) about that stupid f*****g video; I'm thinking it was about some violent militant/political f***wits cashing in on a large crowd gathering around the US Consulate (or 'mission' or whatever they want to call it).
09:42am 16/09/12 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
20852 posts
Peter Fitzsimons sums it up pretty well in his open letter

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/an-open-letter-20120915-25ziq.html
10:11am 16/09/12 Permalink
Zakson
Gold Coast, Queensland
264 posts
Behead those who call for beheading.

... no wait
10:16am 16/09/12 Permalink
Zapo
Brisbane, Queensland
2825 posts
HeardY, that article is brilliant. That's exactly how I feel about the situation.
10:18am 16/09/12 Permalink
cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
1820 posts
another great example of why religion should be banned. behead those who are religious
10:19am 16/09/12 Permalink
Zakson
Gold Coast, Queensland
265 posts
Behead those whose science is flawed. The great Dawkins said we cannot tolerate those who don't use reason! How reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
10:23am 16/09/12 Permalink
cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
1821 posts
behead those who dont make sense either
10:37am 16/09/12 Permalink
Zakson
Gold Coast, Queensland
266 posts
Behead those who don't watch South Park ... that's the true blasphemy here.
10:49am 16/09/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15915 posts
beheadings for everyone!
11:03am 16/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6463 posts
I'm inclined to agree with Nerfy's call on the term 'extremist'. It's too ambiguous. (but here and now isn't the place to argue the point)

You are my new favourite person.
11:23am 16/09/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1128 posts
world war 1 - franz ferdinand is assassinated

world war 2- hitler invades czechoslovakia and poland

world war 3 - someone uploads a video to youtube.

THE FUTURE, B******!
11:28am 16/09/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3508 posts
Our point was that it's silly to say that this isn't related to Islam when only Islam is doing things like this in Australia

Just saying there are a lot more sensible Muslims than there are 'crazies'.
11:44am 16/09/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6114 posts
is islam a religion or an ideology?
12:07pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2379 posts
Just saying there are a lot more sensible Muslims than there are 'crazies'.

There were more sensible germans than there were nazis, doesn't make the actions of the more radical groups excusable.

We're talking about a collective action here, and just because 'all the muslims' didn't march onto city square doesn't mean you can take the remainder's complacency as disagreement; In fact the opposite is much more likely.
12:40pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11741 posts

It's like the muslamic version of cronulla.
01:49pm 16/09/12 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
1071 posts
Islam is a way of life, in which Religion fills a major part of its way.
01:55pm 16/09/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21498 posts
There were more sensible germans than there were nazis, doesn't make the actions of the more radical groups excusable.
http://i.imgur.com/lEVdO.jpg (yes I know)
02:37pm 16/09/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7243 posts
03:41pm 16/09/12 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
20854 posts
the oatmeal wins!
04:42pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Mordecai
Victoria
1447 posts
Tatoo parlors must be loving this.. I can see all the bogans lining up for southern cross and eureaka flag tatoos ready to join the fray

I mentioned one night at work that the southern cross tattoo was the most bogan of them all. My boss replied she has a southern cross tattoo. Not awkward at all.
04:57pm 16/09/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2928 posts
Long ass pic but i enjoyed it.
05:03pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6464 posts
A few different pieces of footage, some of those signs are even more retarded/worrying than the ones in the pictures.

05:04pm 16/09/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1130 posts
the oatmeal wins!
05:12pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Beezwax
Townsville, Queensland
26 posts
i can bare to read those signs any longer! my worry levels are off the charts!
05:20pm 16/09/12 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1664 posts
Beheadings for some, miniature Islamic flags for others.
05:20pm 16/09/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
7976 posts
05:23pm 16/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7932 posts
The first of the six arrested faced court today and was denied bail because one of the charges were for breaching bail conditions. Police were called to the court because some of his supporters threatened news camera men. Unfortuantely his next appearance is only 2 days away.

NSW Police have formed Strike Force McAlister to review all the footage from the day and track down those responsible for the violence and property damage.

“We have plenty of material to examine and I can guarantee those extremists who caused these problems, they will be joining those already charged. If you were sensible, you would come forward now and speak with police... I also have a warning for those thinking of repeating these events that we are ready and you will be dealt with. ...

There is no question these problems were caused by a relative few who have betrayed those who did seek to express their views in a peaceful and considered way... I am heartened by the views expressed today by a range of leaders in the Islamic community,"
05:24pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Totenkopf
Melbourne, Victoria
518 posts
Parabol has a jew agenda
06:31pm 16/09/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1257 posts
Fitzy's article sums it up in a short paragraph.

I'm down for multiculturalism (that is the celebration of our differences without adversely impacting on others rights and lifestyle choices.

When it starts getting violent for no apparent reason... UNLEASH THE HOUNDS!
07:43pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5231 posts
It was a s***house movie, that I couldn't even make it half way through.

Damn right. Where the heck were all these protesters when Affleck and J. Lo starting making movies together?

BEHEAD ALL THOSE INVOLVED WITH GIGLI! would have been a placard I think a lot more could have rallied around.
09:33pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7518 posts
was that guy in the video really supporting a terrorist?

shouldnt he be pulled out and sent to some black ops prison camp?

i mean wtf
10:02pm 16/09/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7244 posts
Sucks to be the director of that film with people knowing his address:

http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/09/15/1226474/883650-islam-unrest-film-us-police.jpg
10:05pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7519 posts
Associating with terrorist organisations

(1) A person commits an offence if:

(a) on 2 or more occasions:

(i) the person intentionally associates with another person who is a member of, or a person who promotes or directs the activities of, an organisation; and

(ii) the person knows that the organisation is a terrorist organisation; and

(iii) the association provides support to the organisation; and

(iv) the person intends that the support assist the organisation to expand or to continue to exist; and

(v) the person knows that the other person is a member of, or a person who promotes or directs the activities of, the organisation; and

(b) the organisation is a terrorist organisation because of paragraph (b), (c), (d) or (e) of the definition of terrorist organisation in this Division (whether or not the organisation is a terrorist organisation because of paragraph (a) of that definition also).

Penalty: Imprisonment for 3 years.

i dont understand why that guy isnt in jail right now
10:09pm 16/09/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19134 posts
now he's an actor in his own show - with the media. he should feel gratified.
10:13pm 16/09/12 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3398 posts
Welcome to Democracy and freedom.

The right to freedom of expression is recognized as a human right under Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and recognized in international human rights law in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights (ICCPR). Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "[e]veryone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice". Would you prefer a dictatorship that prevents even your views, if they don't comply with government requirements, be vilified and banned?

You don't have to like it but isn't this one of the freedoms our diggers fight for? freedom of speech.

""I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
10:28pm 16/09/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19135 posts
except if the Thought Police deem it to be racial vilification of course...
10:39pm 16/09/12 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9804 posts
nah crazymorton you'd be wrong ... Under the Australian Constitution (thus law) the only thing you have right to is a political discussion.
11:03pm 16/09/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21501 posts
It's pretty much a good thing that we don't have the USA's freedom of speech laws. It stops us from having retards like the WBC parading around.

You don't have to like it but isn't this one of the freedoms our diggers fight for? freedom of speech.
Nope.
02:25am 17/09/12 Permalink
Infidel
Netherlands
3943 posts
oh so this is what the mayan calendar predicted
07:42am 17/09/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
9011 posts
is this all over that cartoon oldmate made?
07:55am 17/09/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2806 posts
Freedom of speech doesn't give people the right to throw death threats around, or violently protest.

To threaten violence is only a step below the act of violence as it is intended to have the same effect, that being control through intimidation.
07:59am 17/09/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
9013 posts
what i dont understand is these people have left their war torn country, that has been ripped apart and is full of religious violence to come here and do the same thing.

Pretty much round the c**** up and ship them home i say.

Cronulla riots now this, stupid lebs think they run this country

08:05am 17/09/12 Permalink
taggs
6053 posts
fpot, every time you post lately all i can think of is:

http://zipmeme.com/uploads/generated/g1347214669993033959.jpg

you used to be a pretty reasonable, normal guy even if I disagreed with a lot of your views. now you're like some some sort of caricature of a person. what happened? did you turn into such a condescending, pseudo-intellectual s***bag because you've gone back to uni or something?

bring normal fpot back plz
08:15am 17/09/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19136 posts
nope, it's been the same guy all along. i think you have had a lightbulb moment thought, taggs.
08:34am 17/09/12 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2380 posts
now you're like some some sort of caricature of a person

His posts as faceman are corrupting him
09:27am 17/09/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13694 posts
F***ed up as the situation is, I still had a chuckle at this genius (one of my FB friends!).

http://i.imgur.com/uT1K9.jpg
10:33am 17/09/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9324 posts
01:42pm 17/09/12 Permalink
Kiminoth
Perth, Western Australia
99 posts
"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people" - House
04:12pm 17/09/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10329 posts
07:59pm 17/09/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7520 posts
i'm all for freedom of expression.. but this isnt that..

this asshat is out on the street saying he supports a terrorist

not sure if you realise there is a country called afganstan who also supported this group and we went to war against them..because they supported this group.. Australian servicemen have been killed by the people who support this group.. we have killed and continue to kill people who support this group..

kick the c*** back to afghanistan if he wants to support al qaeda

The ADF has suffered 38 operational deaths in Afghanistan. Further details about each is available on the battle casualties pages. Soldiers killed in action are:

Sergeant Andrew Russell, SASR, died of wounds sustained when his patrol vehicle struck an anti-tank mine on 16 February 2002.
Trooper David Pearce, 2/14 LHR QMI, was killed when his ASLAV was struck by an Improvised Explosive Device on 8 October 2007.
Sergeant Matthew Locke, SASR, was killed by Taliban insurgent small-arms fire on 25 October 2007.
Private Luke Worsley, 4RAR (Cdo), was killed by Taliban insurgent small-arms fire on 23 November 2007.
Lance Corporal Jason Marks, 4RAR (Cdo), was killed by Taliban insurgent small-arms fire on 28 April 2008.
Signaller Sean McCarthy, SASR, was killed when the vehicle he was travelling in was struck by an Improvised Explosive Device on 8 July 2008.
Lieutenant Michael Fussell, 4RAR(Cdo), was killed by an Improvised Explosive Device during a dismounted patrol on 27 November 2008.
Private Gregory Sher, 1st Commando Regiment, was killed in a rocket attack on 4 January 2009.
Corporal Mathew Hopkins, 7th Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment, was killed during an engagement with the Taliban on 16 March 2009.
Sergeant Brett Till, Incident Response Regiment, was killed by an Improvised Explosive Device during a route clearance task on the 19 March 2009.
Private Benjamin Ranaudo, 1st Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment was killed as a result of an Improvised Explosive Device on 18 July 2009.
Sapper Jacob Moerland, 2nd Combat Engineer Regiment was killed as a result of an Improvised Explosive Device strike on 7 June 2010.
Sapper Darren Smith, 2nd Combat Engineer Regiment died of wounds sustained during an Improvised Explosive Device strike on 7 June 2010.
Private Timothy Aplin, 2nd Commando Regiment died as a result of a helicopter crash on 21 June 2010.
Private Scott Palmer, 2nd Commando Regiment died as a result of a helicopter crash on 21 June 2010.
Private Benjamin Chuck, 2nd Commando Regiment died of wounds sustained in a helicopter crash on 21 June 2010.
Private Nathan Bewes, 6th Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment was killed as a result of an Improvised Explosive Device on 9 July 2010.
Trooper Jason Brown, SASR, died as a result of gunshot wounds sustained in an engagement with insurgents on 13 August 2010.
Private Tomas Dale, 6th Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment was killed as a result of an Improvised Explosive Device strike on 20 August 2010.
Private Grant Kirby, 6th Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment was killed as a result of an Improvised Explosive Device strike on 20 August 2010.
Lance Corporal Jared MacKinney, 6th Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment, was killed during an engagement with insurgents on 24 August 2010.
Corporal Richard Atkinson, 1st Combat Engineer Regiment, was killed as a result of an Improvised Explosive Device strike on 2 February 2011.
Sapper Jamie Larcombe, 1st Combat Engineer Regiment, was killed during an engagement with insurgents on 19 February 2011.
Sergeant Brett Wood, MG, DSM, 2nd Commando Regiment, was killed by an Improvised Explosive Device during a dismounted patrol on 23 May 2011.
Lance Corporal Andrew Jones, 9th Force Support Battalion, died of wounds as a result of a small-arms fire incident on 30 May 2011.
Lieutenant Marcus Case, 6th Aviation Regiment, died of wounds sustained in a helicopter crash on 30 May 2011.
Sapper Rowan Robinson, Incident Response Regiment, died as a result of gunshot wounds sustained in an engagement with insurgents on 06 June 2011.
Sergeant Todd Langley, 2nd Commando Regiment, was killed during an engagement with insurgents on 4 July 2011
Private Matthew Lambert, 2nd Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment, died of wounds as a result of an Improvised Explosive Device strike on 22 August 2011.
Captain Bryce Duffy, 4th Regiment, Royal Australian Artillery, was killed as a result of a small-arms incident on 29 October 2011.
Corporal Ashley Birt, 6th Engineer Support Regiment, was killed as a result of a small-arms incident on 29 October 2011.
Lance Corporal Luke Gavin, 2nd Battalion, The Royal Australian Regiment died of wounds as a result of a small-arms incident on 29 October 2011.
Sergeant Blaine Flower Diddams from the Special Air Service Regiment was killed during a small arms engagement with insurgents on 02 July 2012.
Sapper James Martin, 2nd Combat Engineer Regiment was killed as a result of a small-arms incident on 29 August 2012.
Lance Corporal Stejpan Milosevic, 2nd/14th Light Horse Regiment (QMI), was killed as a result of a small-arms incident on 29 August 2012.
Private Robert Poate, 6th Battalion, the Royal Australian Regiment was killed as a result of a small-arms incident on 29 August 2012.
Private Nathanael Galagher, 2nd Commando Regiment was killed in a helicopter crash on 30 August 2012.
Lance Corporal Mervyn McDonald, 2nd Commando Regiment was killed in a helicopter crash on 30 August 2012.

he openly supports them...... really?????
08:04pm 17/09/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9326 posts
That British Muslim guy on 7.30 tonight was interesting.
It was nice change to listen to someone that wasnt a raving nutjob.

08:18pm 17/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7933 posts
Australia Muslims condemn anti-blasphemy protests as unaccepatable and unislamic

25 Australian Islamic organisations met last night, excluding Hizb ut-Tahrir, and decided that protests over a film are unislamic:
The 25 Muslim leaders who met last night also decided to break ranks with their international counterparts by saying that protests over the YouTube film insulting the prophet Muhammad were unacceptable and unIslamic. They decided they would not endorse any protest, even peaceful demonstrations, following Saturdays violent scenes, which they said were worse than the Cronulla riots.

The reporter didn't quote anyone saying the above, just reported that it was 'decided', and you have to work through a lot of victimhood statements and complaining to get to that bit, but it is there.
02:08pm 18/09/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36496 posts
natslovR, I sure would like to see those guys hitting the streets with signs etc protesting against the protestors a la the guys in Libya - instead of just releasing a press release after the fact.
02:14pm 18/09/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3231 posts
WWMD?

not cause a s*** storm and riot that is for sure, (dude was a mellow chap, tho doesn't like his picture being drawn?)
03:15pm 18/09/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4778 posts
Pretty sure Mohammed (p.b.u.h.) lead quite a few battles in his time.
05:21pm 18/09/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
854 posts
Can we keep the smart well rounded Muslim men and women and deport the idiotic, young, overly sensitive, zealot c*******s?
07:50pm 18/09/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20644 posts
Can we keep the smart well rounded Muslim men and women and deport the idiotic, young, overly sensitive, zealot c*******s?

Why stop there? Let's deport c*******s of EVERY race, creed, colour and religion. Make it a country that doesn't need "warning: sharp" labels on knives or "warning: HOT!" labels on frypans. Let's make it a country of mature adults who are able to choose which video games they play, or movies they watch, without some nanny-esque overwatch "protecting us".
07:59pm 18/09/12 Permalink
sharkuul
Brisbane, Queensland
532 posts
Don't discriminate bladerunner, deport them all =D
08:00pm 18/09/12 Permalink
Zen Apathy
Brisbane, Queensland
3616 posts
Why stop there? Let's deport c*******s of EVERY race, creed, colour and religion. Make it a country that doesn't need "warning: sharp" labels on knives or "warning: HOT!" labels on frypans. Let's make it a country of mature adults who are able to choose which video games they play, or movies they watch, without some nanny-esque overwatch "protecting us".

Cause we'd have to deport everybody then.
08:01pm 18/09/12 Permalink
HerbalLizard
Brisbane, Queensland
5600 posts
08:08pm 18/09/12 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
856 posts
http://i.imgur.com/fJYIO.jpg

LOL. That is how she probably views herself and her mining cohorts.
08:48pm 18/09/12 Permalink
sharkuul
Brisbane, Queensland
533 posts
Haha nice find herbal
10:45pm 18/09/12 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9806 posts
you turn into such a condescending, pseudo-intellectual s***bag

Irony ...
10:54pm 18/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6476 posts
11:19pm 18/09/12 Permalink
Taipan
USA
3840 posts
Someone give me a call in about 30 years and let me know how it all turned out please. Or am I being overly optimistic in thinking 30 years might be enough time. I am so over all this bulls*** I just wish it would go away, so someone please pick a winner so we can move on.
03:03am 19/09/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2914 posts
Someone give me a call in about 30 years and let me know how it all turned out please. Or am I being overly optimistic in thinking 30 years might be enough time. I am so over all this bulls*** I just wish it would go away, so someone please pick a winner so we can move on.

The culture stagnated over 800 years ago but is still here, so yea probably too optimistic.
03:12am 19/09/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7523 posts
just deport the extremists and bogans.. then we will be all good..

maybe only 10 people left in australia.. but think of how uncrowded the beaches will be

YAY!
04:50am 19/09/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10254 posts
10:52am 20/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7935 posts
You can see several of the new Charlie Habdo Mohamed cartoons on google. Anyone have a good translated source?

These are causing some issues for French politicians who previously stood by and said that the riots had nothing to do with them since the issue was caused by Americans not Frenchmen. Well now they have to stand up and defend free speech, but at the moment they just seem to be condemning the publisher.
08:05pm 20/09/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9343 posts
Looks like theres going to be drama this weekend for Sydney and Melbourne.

Police are deeply concerned that racial violence like that of the 2005 Cronulla riots could erupt this weekend, in response to last Saturday's Muslim demonstration in Sydney.

7.30 has revealed that white-pride groups are growing online, with a series of online and text messages showing planned retaliation.

Provocative messages have begun to appear on Facebook pages, calling on white "home-grown" Australians to respond violently to protests.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-20/white-pride-groups-spark-backlash-riot-fears/4272912

7.30 Report had a story on this too.
12:20am 21/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6482 posts
12:25am 21/09/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7529 posts
looks like this weekend gonna be popcorn and abc news :)
04:48am 21/09/12 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4068 posts
i do love a good bogan riot
05:01am 21/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7936 posts
Police have arrested the ninth person over the incident, got him for throwing an object.

They have also said that there will be a significant police presence in the city this weekend even though their are no approved protests organised.
06:08am 21/09/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36498 posts
The only thing more embarrassing than this s*** happening in Australia at all, would be if so called "real Australians" decided to turn it into a racial war. Someone please tell those people to just f*** off, let the authorities handle it, and to just remember how irritating religion is when they're voting next time.
08:42am 21/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7937 posts
Two real australians tried to turn it in to a racial war this weekend and got themselves arrested for inciting violence

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/two-held-over-mobile-protest-messages-20120921-26aub.html
06:07pm 21/09/12 Permalink
Deviouz
Melbourne, Victoria
261 posts
“It is a shameful day for Australia when Islamophobia has boiled over to the point where it is impossible to carry out a peaceful protest.”

“I am calling off the protest as I do not want more violence on the streets, as Islam does not promote violence,”

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/melbourne-muslim-rally-cancelled-amid-fears-of-violence/story-e6frg6nf-1226477791625
06:23pm 21/09/12 Permalink
Murderer
Tasmania
1987 posts
this s*** is just f***ed up.

f*** religion and f*** you.
07:50pm 21/09/12 Permalink
cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
1822 posts
since when is islam a race ?

i saw one guy in particular last weekend who didn't mind trying to beat a few police who was as pasty as you get and a ranga.

its not racism to say islam is s***. its as s*** as the rest of them. religion is for weak minded people who cant make decisions for themselves and laugh in the face of reality.
08:08pm 21/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6488 posts
When it's organised by 'pro white' groups though, they're clearly focusing on the ethnicity components.

Ftr I hate words like Islamaphobia applied to any criticism (a phobia must be irrational), and calling criticisms of ideologies 'racism' (as if it's a criticism of a 'trait'). Just that these guys seem to be motivated by stupid tribalism.
08:26pm 21/09/12 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
794 posts
I think the biggest shame isn't the "islamaphobia" but the acts of a few has screwed the many. If a union rally in Sydney turned a riot and they then planned for another in Melbourne, I'm sure there would be the exact same reaction.
08:45pm 21/09/12 Permalink
Agamemnon
Brisbane, Queensland
1089 posts
“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- voltaire
12:30am 22/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6490 posts
"Criticize disabled people and likely discover that they rule over you." :P
12:40am 22/09/12 Permalink
Gibster
Melbourne, Victoria
73 posts
what are they protesting again?
a video from overseas?
what should a 'successful protest' achieve exactly?
what is the outcome they are realistically hoping for?
i dont get it.
04:37am 22/09/12 Permalink
Ha
Brisbane, Queensland
306 posts
religion is for weak minded people who cant make decisions for themselves and laugh in the face of reality.

a huge number of sas soldiers believe in god. prisoners of war submitted to torture come out of it with less trauma if they believe in god.

there is strength in belief, your opinion comes from that of a safe middle class white suburbia in one of the most glorious countries in the world.
06:40am 22/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6491 posts
there is strength in belief

I would say that there is strength in hope, belief is just one way to get it, which leads to many adverse effects elsewhere (not the least of which is, that, no human wants to be scammed, I am confident in presuming).
08:01am 22/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7939 posts
As a follow on from trog's link, 30,000 people staged an anti Islamist protest in Libya today, stormed the the Islamists head quarters, kicked them out, ransacked it and set it on fire

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/40954_Pro-America_Libyan_Demonstrators_Wreck_Islamist_Compound_in_Benghazi
08:22am 22/09/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15949 posts
so now it's islamists vs islamists?
09:22am 22/09/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1159 posts
what are they protesting again?a video from overseas?

Yeah its pretty f*****g retarded, not like that's the first anti mohammed video on the internet

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mohammed+sucks
09:35am 22/09/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9352 posts
09:46am 22/09/12 Permalink
Ha
Brisbane, Queensland
307 posts
great put that picture next to the rednecks with 'muslims get out of america lands' and we'll have come a full circle
10:05am 22/09/12 Permalink
Nukleuz
Perth, Western Australia
197 posts
The ABC did a Q&A on Islam. My conclusion is the expert panel dodged the majority of the difficult questions answering mainly fluffy bulls***.

link
10:14am 22/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6492 posts
Without having watched it, I'm presuming something like this?

oops meant this one, which is somewhere in that -

11:26am 22/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7940 posts
Fear not everyone. The conflict between The protestors and liberal democracies with the standoff over blasphemy is nearly solved. Our Foreign Minister was on ABC Insiders this morning and said he has been traveling around the world explaining to foreign leaders that instead of people protesting in the streets they should take to the Internet and research institutes and explain their objection to it.
09:28am 23/09/12 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7260 posts
A Pakistani government minister has offered a $100,000 reward for the death of the maker of the anti-Islam film produced in the US that sparked violent protests across the Muslim world.

Railways minister Ghulam Ahmed Bilour invited members of the Talban and Al Qaeda to take part in the "noble deed", and said given the chance he would kill the film-maker with his own hands.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-23/minister-offers-bounty-for-anti-islam-film-maker/4275784?WT.svl=news0
11:55am 23/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6495 posts
Nuclear armed country right there.. http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jeq3RLuAOU_wIYBgl8VlgzkAl6tQ?docId=CNG.b67b44e29cd5963f07409a917665ec04.3c1

ISLAMABAD — The Pakistan government on Wednesday declared Friday a national holiday in honour of the Muslim prophet Mohammed and called for peaceful protests against a US-made film deemed insulting to Islam.
12:10pm 23/09/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6120 posts
not worried I'd say the yanks have their star wars lasers ready to shoot any nukes lauched out of nutbag s***holes like iran and pakistan.

dirty bombs on the other hand.... would be worth alot of virgins.
07:46am 24/09/12 Permalink
Nerfy
Brisbane, Queensland
6501 posts
Muslim leaders are now going to the UN to try to push for blasphemy becoming an international crime. http://www.smh.com.au/world/push-to-call-blasphemy-a-crime-20120922-26dlu.html

They have 25% of the world's population now. :/
11:53am 24/09/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13719 posts
12:01pm 24/09/12 Permalink
PRiME
Brisbane, Queensland
190 posts
In my opinion the sooner we move to a moral scientific society the better we all will be, keep your religious ideals to your followers. If someone is interested they will ASK YOU about them.

The Higgs Boson particle is a ideal/concept of explanation of the physical world through quantum theory that has long undergone attempts to find it, and prove its existence through scientific methods. Religious ideals make NO REAL attempt to prove anything, ignorance is bliss.

There is no reason to be violent, just don't FORCE your ideals on others. If they ask, simply explain FROM YOUR POINT OF VIEW. Never say THIS IS THE WAY IT IS AND YOU MUST BURN IN HELL FOR NOT AGREEING/BELIEVING etc..etc..etc..
03:17pm 24/09/12 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4070 posts
cool theory bro

Muslim leaders are now going to the UN to try to push for blasphemy becoming an international crime.

sounds scary, but do they even have the power to do this? UN assembly resolutions are non-binding I thought, and in any case the only countries that will enforce it will be pakistan and similar s***holes that currently have lynch mobs enforcing these laws
04:13pm 24/09/12 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7534 posts
the only countries that will enforce it will be pakistan and similar s***holes that currently have lynch mobs enforcing these laws

BLASPHEMY GET HIM FELLAS
08:40pm 24/09/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9363 posts
In my opinion the sooner we move to a moral scientific society the better we all will be

That Eugenics thing went well.
08:59pm 24/09/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7943 posts
They got another man for inciting people to violence (over SMS) today. He sent the text on Wednesday, encouraging people to go in to the city on the weekend

http://m.police.nsw.gov.au/news_media_releases?sq_content_src=%2BdXJsPWh0dHBzJTNBJTJGJTJGd3d3LmViaXoucG9saWNlLm5zdy5nb3YuYXUlMkZtZWRpYSUyRjI1NzcyLmh0bWwmYWxsPTE%3D
09:16pm 24/09/12 Permalink
PRiME
Brisbane, Queensland
192 posts
That Eugenics thing went well.

Can't see the relation to my post, sorry.
01:47pm 25/09/12 Permalink
grug09
Victoria
55 posts
f***wits

Summed up perfectly in one word.
06:42pm 25/09/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:42pm 25/09/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close