Grab yourself a beta key for World of Warcraft's fifth expansion right here!
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Beta Giveaway
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Stupid Republicans
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10674 posts
The Pres visited his campaign staff and got a bit teary:

04:44pm 09/11/12 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2412 posts
it's about colleges indoctrinating students with a liberal bias

Yes, systematically from engineering to social sciences is a hidden agreement from all teachers to brainwash susceptible youth. Christ you're as much a conspiracy nut as faceman.
05:14pm 09/11/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6784 posts
I think that it was a case of Poe's Law Phooks. ;)
05:23pm 09/11/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21752 posts
I thought that last sentence would have given it away :P
05:39pm 09/11/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
6975 posts
Heh 'college education'. Their 'education' isn't about being smarter, it's about colleges indoctrinating students with a liberal bias.

can't be serious.
facepot. kill yourself?
06:21pm 09/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10675 posts
can't be serious.

It's f***pot...
06:52pm 09/11/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9524 posts
01:48am 10/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10678 posts
02:00am 10/11/12 Permalink
Chakas
USA
3482 posts
Oh man... I watched Fox News on election night specifically to see the implosion and shock. It. Was. Amazing.

In the lead up they had been going with the line that the polls were wrong and there was no way Dems had a lead in party identification (as the random sampling continually indicated, day after day in state after state). Instead they felt that the Republicans had a lead because... I don't know, it fit their world view that there were more Republicans than Democrats. At the time I honestly thought they were just spinning things to give the appearance of a successful campaign that was turning the electorate. But on election night it was clear that some very high profile and successful (theoretically smart) people had bought into their own artificial manipulation of the numbers based on what they decided should be the case (unskewing as they called it). And to see their shock that the random polling numbers were a spot on accurate representation of the actual situation was simultaneously surprising, and more than I ever could of hoped for out of an evening of watching Fox News.

Even the Romney campaign bought so heavily in the 'unskewed' numbers that they were genuinely shocked when things didn't go their way. Even when a quick look at unbiased numbers should have told them they were a long shot.

last edited by Chakas at 02:40:36 11/Nov/12
02:39am 11/11/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6787 posts
Reading about how Romney had no concession speech, had spent tens of thousands on celebration fireworks, didn't know what to do when he lost, was just excruciating. The dude seems very sheltered and never really tested in any competitive sense.

Regarding their whole detachment from reality, this video was a whole rant on that, though I doubt that faceman and his type could ever get their head around what they do.
03:39am 11/11/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2325 posts
though I doubt that faceman and his type could ever get their head around what they do

Haha, that video would lose FaceMan as soon as she says that the moon landing was real.
07:22am 11/11/12 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
7138 posts
Saddam Hussein didn't have weapons of mass destruction? USA USA USA!
11:38am 11/11/12 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4107 posts
andrew sullivan gloating on colbert was great too

http://i.imgur.com/Gr2KH.png
11:39am 11/11/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9529 posts
Why is it always about me ?

America is going resemble Greece soon.
How many of you Obamanoids would move to America to live under your hero ?

Romney might not have been the saviour but would have been better for America than 4 more years of the "you didnt build that" man.

hes gonna raise taxes on the wealthy (a tiny bit)
then raise taxes on the middle class and claim "everyone has to contribute coz you know that debt ? the government didnt build that, you did."
11:57am 11/11/12 Permalink
Fireman Sam
Brisbane, Queensland
100 posts
It have turned out well for them if only white men could vote. Clearly that's where the laws have to change.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/what-the-2012-election-would-have-looked-like-with
12:28pm 11/11/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9530 posts
I dont believe any modern Political Party is deliberately racist but the Republican Party is far too white focussed. They could cling to their white roots and fade away or they could adapt. White America is a shrinking minority. The Democrats have the Black and Latino vote, both increasing especially the Latino vote.

Rather than appeal to these new Americans based on shared conservative values like patriotism, marriage, service, faith, and entrepreneurial spirit, Republicans seemed to vie with each other over which could present views that were more unpleasant to Latinos. Even after a surge in Latino voting in 2010 saved the Senate for the Democrats by helping defeat Meg Whitman in California and Sharron Angle in Nevada, still the GOP dug in its heels.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/opinion/2012/11/07/geraldo-president-obama-earns-reelection-approval-from-latino-vote/

Geraldo Rivera makes some good points.
12:52pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6788 posts
Sigh, American politics and why the f*** do I know more about it then you rabid lover of it faceman?

It's quite simple. The republicans took the budget from a surplus to a deficit, they hid it from the accounting books, Obama had it added as soon as he got in. He didn't create the spending. He's been obstructed by the people who did create it when he's tried to reverse their changes. The republican party are the ones responsible and yet pretend to be the saviours. Romney was straight up going to make the situation worse with more tax cuts for the rich, the abolishment of the inheritance tax, more military spending, etc. The end.

p.s. The problem in Greece was large spending and low taxation, i.e. republican fantasy world policy to a tee.
01:15pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4824 posts
It have turned out well for them if only white men could vote. Clearly that's where the laws have to change.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeedpolitics/what-the-2012-election-would-have-looked-like-with

And if the democrats didn't have a black candidate who had almost 100% of the black vote how would it have turned out?
01:48pm 11/11/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2327 posts
And if the democrats didn't have a black candidate who had almost 100% of the black vote how would it have turned out?

Most likely exactly the same cause the Republicans would still have had a candidate who alienated basically every demographic besides white males.
02:03pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13068 posts
Mitt Romney's Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/mittromney?ref=ts&fref=ts

Refresh it every few seconds ... You can see the likes going down in real time. Every now and then it rallies a few but it's on the way out.

It's a little sad really somehow.
02:06pm 11/11/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9532 posts
i was referring to austerity measures in Greece nerfy.
02:08pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4825 posts
Most likely exactly the same cause the Republicans would still have had a candidate who alienated basically every demographic besides white males.

Non-compulsory voting means they probably would have stayed at home, lots more black people voted when Obama first ran, its also why america has the bulls*** surrounding voter registration and disenfranchisement, as getting a vote or denying the other party a vote is the same effect.
02:14pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6789 posts
i was referring to austerity measures in Greece nerfy.

Yes? Forced by large spending and low taxation? aka republican policy?
02:18pm 11/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10684 posts
Wow that is amazing to watch Hoggy.
02:24pm 11/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10685 posts
03:26pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Fireman Sam
Brisbane, Queensland
101 posts
The Black vote only increased to a level that fits the population demographic in the US though. ie 13% of Black people voted and they make up 13% of the United States. In fact the hispanic vote is still below that line
03:47pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Chakas
USA
3483 posts

Not sure of the numbers this election, but what I've seen was that in 2000 (Gore), 2004 (Kerry) and 2008 (Obama) the African American vote was 11.5%, 11% and 12.1% of the total vote respectively. And that vote goes about 90% for Democrats regardless (92% for Gore and 88% for Kerry). So the fact that Obama was running only made a very small and certainly not game changing difference.
03:48pm 11/11/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21758 posts
The reason Obama got elected is because he's black.
03:50pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6791 posts
fpot, without a sarcasm indicator, less knowledgable people are going to take you seriously. :P
03:55pm 11/11/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21759 posts
I just want to see the world burn.

Plus Bah said what I said but he was serious.
03:56pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4826 posts
You really don't think some people voted for Obama purely because he was black? Can people only be racist in a negative sense?
You dont think some people voted for Romney purely because he was a Mormon?
You dont think some people voted for Mitt because he was Rich?
You dont think some people didnt vote for Mitt because he was rich? You know he was born rich, it isnt his fault and you can't hold it against him right?

It's not like obama won by 30%, the margin was a few percent, small things make large differences, hence all the hoopla about swing states.
04:31pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6792 posts
You dont think some people didnt vote for Mitt because he was rich? You know he was born rich, it isnt his fault and you can't hold it against him right?

Oh jeez, the strawmen must be out again.

It isn't his fault that he's a condescending sheltered douche, no. Whether or not that's his fault (it's not), doesn't affect whether that he should be anywhere near a presidential position when there's a self made man option who lives somewhere close to reality.
04:46pm 11/11/12 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4827 posts
fpot, without a sarcasm indicator, less knowledgable people are going to take you seriously. :P

lolol
06:00pm 11/11/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
21762 posts
You really don't think some people voted for Obama purely because he was black?
Of course I do. He didn't win the election because of that though.
06:46pm 11/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10736 posts
09:35pm 20/11/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3648 posts
Hey Nerf, can you say 'Aunt Sally' instead of 'strawman' once in awhile? Just to break it up a little.
09:37pm 20/11/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19286 posts
hard night on the milk.
09:45pm 20/11/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5444 posts
10:09pm 20/11/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1261 posts
milk was a bad choice
12:19am 21/11/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
10802 posts
John Boehner: Ending Abortion Is 'One Of Our Most Fundamental Goals This Year' - http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/25/john-boehner-abortion-march-for-life_n_2552597.html

John Boehner is the (Republican) speaker for the House of Reps.
10:07pm 27/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22159 posts
Abortion is wrong because it is the female sex-haver taking the easy way out.
12:12am 28/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22161 posts
So this is basically the make fun of conservatives thread right? Here is another one from Laming

http://www.watoday.com.au/opinion/politics/nearsighted-laming-makes-a-twit-of-himself-20130128-2dgru.html

"Tony Abbott," Laming tweeted Monday, "Is at a Brisbane SES depot today. Where's the PM?"
Mr Abbott indeed was at a Brisbane State Emergency Service depot in Brisbane, a city bracing for new flooding.

If he'd made inquiries before exercising his Twitter fingers, he would have been informed that prime minister Julia Gillard was also at work showing her concern with natural disaster.

It was simply that she wasn't in Queensland.

Ms Gillard was touring areas of Victoria's Gippsland ravaged recently by bushfires, which are still burning.
This guy and infi sound like they share the same set of chromosomes. Dimwits should really stay away from social media.
09:18pm 28/01/13 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5636 posts
Don't worry, Swanny was down at Goodna busy getting in the way of people trying to move their gear to higher ground.

IMO federal politicians should f*** right off out of disaster zones until perhaps afterwards so that emergency support services aren't being hindered by the exploitative photo opportunity and accompanying media throng.
10:24pm 28/01/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19474 posts
Abbott was filling sandbags in Brisbane. What an ironman.
10:34am 31/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7234 posts
If any politician - lib, labor, or independent - is out getting a photo op during a natural disaster, I hate them. This goes for Rudd in the last flood too.
10:54am 31/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:54am 31/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
1 2
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close