We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Julia Gillard on Q&A next week
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9228 posts

The ABC's Q&A is my favourite Australian TV show. It features a host and a panel of five different guests each week who respond to a range of questions from audience members and the internet. It is always entertaining and informative, with very candid responses from the panel members. Barry Humphries (Dame Edna) was on last week and was hilarious. Tonight was Barnaby Joyce, Simon Crean and Christine Milne, with two lower profile guests.

You can catch the last two episodes on ABC iview.
10:42pm 04/06/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:42pm 04/06/12 Permalink
Persay
Brisbane, Queensland
7529 posts
Shes too good to fall for any q and a bs

Get rid of the audience that cheers every second sentence needlessly and it might be an ok way to get different views aired

P.s. Was that infi's sister the kingaroy farmer?
10:45pm 04/06/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9231 posts
Oh it is on Monday night at 9:30 by the way. Goes for an hour.
10:56pm 04/06/12 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11686 posts

The Q&A host is such a tosser.
07:45am 05/06/12 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
5943 posts
^ I'll take that as a comment.
09:18am 05/06/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18778 posts
I gave up on that show ages ago. It's full of inner city lefty hipsters who have no clue about real politics. They prefer to talk about climate change, gay marriage and asylum seekers. I imagine Tony Jones will be the next ABC presenter to run for the ALP. Just watch the twitter feed for a taste of vitriol.

The next time I will watch it will be when our new Prime Minister Tony Abbott goes on.
01:29pm 05/06/12 Permalink
AndrewB
18 posts
I agree with infi. They have the Same rotation of people talking about the same topics, saying the same lines. It has got to the point where I can creat the show in my head instead of watching it on tv. All I need to do is look who will be on the panel and then remember the questions and answers from the 30 times the panel has been on before. Very predictable and repetitive.

I also don't like how tony jones pretends that the questions asked are random and out of the blue. It's very obvious the questions are submitted before the show hence how he knows the askers name and hence why he says sometimes "we another question on that topic"
01:40pm 05/06/12 Permalink
Creepy
USA
1953 posts
The next time I will watch it will be when our new Prime Minister Tony Abbott goes on.

Why, infi? Surely you'd know that any appearance on Q&A would be an ambush in waiting...?
01:43pm 05/06/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13237 posts
I agree with infi as well. Same reasons I stopped listening to Hack on triplej. Just the same topics over and over with an emphasis on emotional rather than practical/useful.

Not saying that those topics are not important - just saying that there is a lot of other s*** going on to discuss.
01:45pm 05/06/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18780 posts
Actually I would tune in to QANDA if the topic was which areas of the government public service and programs we are going to cut, instead of all these special interests groups screaming WE NEED MORE MONEY TAX THE RICH YOU PEOPLE HAVE NO FEELINGS BRUTOPIA CARBON EMISSIONS TAMPA!

I did hear some of Kate Miller Heidke on QANDA when I was desperate to stream some Aussie TV while in the US and she came off like a right royal ignorant kid. That's what QANSDA is all about - the lefty bandwagon.
01:49pm 05/06/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36263 posts
Hmm. I don't watch it religiously but I thought the topics were fairly varied in the last 3 that I watched. The ones that I can recall where the Dawkins one recently, then the one where Turnbull was on talking about NBN stuff. The only one I have seen recently that had the "inner city lefty hipsters" was the one in which the lesbian Labor politician whose name I can't remember was on and there was a bunch of stuff about gay marriage.

I would like to watch it more but simply don't have the energy or time most of the time unless there's some big names on there.

I feel like having the PM on there will probably touch on some more interesting topics so I might watch it.

The Twitter stuff is retarded and they should stop doing it because all it does is make me want a license before people can get on the Internet
I also don't like how tony jones pretends that the questions asked are random and out of the blue
I have never gotten the impression that he pretends they're random
01:49pm 05/06/12 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5382 posts
Penny Wong. It's actually the first google hit if you search for "lesbian Labor politician".

Barnaby Joyce is on there way too much for an idiot.
01:54pm 05/06/12 Permalink
AndrewB
19 posts
02:15pm 05/06/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9237 posts
That's what QANSDA is all about - the lefty bandwagon.

Isn't that what the whole of the ABC is about?
02:16pm 05/06/12 Permalink
orbitor
Brisbane, Queensland
8874 posts
I gave up on that show ages ago. It's full of inner city lefty hipsters who have no clue about real politics. They prefer to talk about climate change, gay marriage and asylum seekers. I imagine Tony Jones will be the next ABC presenter to run for the ALP. Just watch the twitter feed for a taste of vitriol.

Whether you find those topics distasteful or not, they're what's in the news day after day. It's carbon tax, jobs, mining magnates, FIFO, gay marriage, asylum seekers and Craig Thompson. Do any other topics actually exist at the moment? It seems not...

I personally though Georgie Somerset was very worth listening to last night.

I usually like listening to the non-politicians more, because when they ask the politicians any given question, the one on the right will say The Sky is Blue and the one on the left will say, that's wrong, The Sky is Red! Just pointless partisan spin for the most part. Occasionally I'm surprised by a straight-talking politician. Malcolm Turnbull usually impresses me, as does Penny Wong sometimes.

I expect Gillard will be 100% spin reciting the scripted lines ad nauseum.
02:19pm 05/06/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9238 posts
Yeah that is one of the many great things about the show - they have regular every day joes on with all these celebrities.
02:21pm 05/06/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36264 posts
I usually like listening to the non-politicians more, because when they ask the politicians any given question, the one on the right will say The Sky is Blue and the one on the left will say, that's wrong, The Sky is Red! Just pointless partisan spin for the most part. Occasionally I'm surprised by a straight-talking politician. Malcolm Turnbull usually impresses me, as does Penny Wong sometimes.
That, and their inability to use the words "yes", "no", or "I don't know" when faced with a yes/no question. Weasel words to get out of answering a question is probably what s**** me the most about politicians. Have some balls and back your beliefs, and if you don't have any/don't know the answer then don't be scared to admit it.
02:35pm 05/06/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8903 posts
the 2nd last one was really interesting, i think it was at a writers festival.
Wasnt all Leftys.
Last week was embarassing, it was like being at a University cafeteria.
They rip[ped into gina rinehart about her weight, it was pretty ordinary stuff and John Hewson ended up apologising for not challenging them on it. Who can blame him, he was the only right winger.

Conservatives in Australia dont have many good Media whores.
As such you get an endless procession of Left Wingers on the box.

You would think the Polls are upside down the way Q&A is stacked.
Next week will be Tony Jones asking Dorothey Dixers of Gillard.
Why wont Gillard go on The Bolt report ?
Why wont Swann ?
Why wont any Labor Ministers ?
yet its rare you dont get any Labor/Greens MPs on Q&A

We need a Fox News Australia.
Rupert, Im available.

Crean was such a failure last night.
02:38pm 05/06/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18798 posts
This is on now.
09:43pm 11/06/12 Permalink
AndrewB
25 posts
She is such a dull speaker, everything is so scripted with her.
09:44pm 11/06/12 Permalink
AndrewB
26 posts
oh look its the "im a vietnam vet, and my son is gay" guy.
10:16pm 11/06/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
185 posts
"Canvassing": You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.
10:21pm 11/06/12 Permalink
AndrewB
27 posts
It just wouldn't be QandA without a looney hipster type asking an incoherent question about "the arts"
10:27pm 11/06/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8930 posts
Nice dodge on a super profits Tax on Banks.

In fact she dodges nearly every question.
I hate her stories, STFU YOU STUPID B****

ELECTION NOW
10:36pm 11/06/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9290 posts
I thought she was very good, she didn't dodge many questions at all. Though I don't agree with her stance on gay marriage. At least they are putting it to a vote.

Tony Abbott is still too good for the show. I'd be interested to hear his response to the gay marriage question.
10:44pm 11/06/12 Permalink
AndrewB
28 posts

Tony Abbott is still too good for the show. I'd be interested to hear his response to the gay marriage question.

Did you even listen to that guy speak? Obviously not. He asked Tony Abbot the SAME question when Tony Abbot was on QandA.

HURR DURR.
10:54pm 11/06/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9291 posts
Oh I must have missed that. I based what I said on the presenter saying they had asked Abbott to come on but he declined.
11:33pm 11/06/12 Permalink
LtDan
Brisbane, Queensland
1 posts
sweet
05:04pm 25/06/12 Permalink
Vash
3554 posts
the twitter comments on the footage is so moderated, all positive... lol
06:42pm 25/06/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2058 posts
If AndrewB isn't DocterMoist I'll eat my hat.
07:16pm 25/06/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
20957 posts
He is also Door.
07:17pm 25/06/12 Permalink
kos
Germany
2059 posts
Same.
07:24pm 25/06/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18867 posts
oh dear jerry, you dun goofed.
09:51pm 25/06/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9566 posts
Malcolm Turnbull was excellent tonight and stole the show. He came out in full support of gay marriage.
10:32pm 09/07/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:32pm 09/07/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.