AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Quantum Space Propulsion ?
funky
Brisbane, Queensland
1664 posts
I just came across this article and found it pretty interesting. I'm sure the science people here might know more about the actual workings on such a theory/contraption (and whether it is bullshit or not), but it just seemed cool and futuristic to me!

Link

Remember the name, because you might see it again: Aisha Mustafa, a 19-year-old Egyptian physics student, patented a new type of propulsion system for spacecraft that uses cutting edge quantum physics instead of thrusters.
03:56pm 01/06/12 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
03:56pm 01/06/12 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6117 posts
cutting edge physics eh
05:13pm 01/06/12 Permalink
dais
Brisbane, Queensland
9211 posts
That's amazing. There are so many phenomenal scientific/technological discoveries that we hear little about.
08:06pm 01/06/12 Permalink
Rhys84au
Brisbane, Queensland
23 posts
i shared that article with a buddy of mine thats done all sorts through uni for physics and maths.

it got him excited and sure enough he did some digging himself, about an hr ago he got back to me and he said essentialy "man iam really impressed and cant wait to see it hopefully progress as she is onto "something" "

we always assume breakthroughs and advances will occur in britain/america/aus ect but geniuses are born everywhere! such a shame about the lack of funding there. Hopefully someone like branson ect snap her up and give her some funding.
08:51pm 01/06/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4538 posts
sounds as likely as perpetual motion.

09:49pm 01/06/12 Permalink
Shaexen
Brisbane, Queensland
443 posts
Yeah these physicists sometimes get worse than a crackhead on a 3 day bender.
10:01pm 01/06/12 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
20749 posts
i shared that article with a buddy of mine thats done all sorts through uni for physics and maths.

it got him excited and sure enough he did some digging himself, about an hr ago he got back to me and he said essentialy "man iam really impressed and cant wait to see it hopefully progress as she is onto "something" "

we always assume breakthroughs and advances will occur in britain/america/aus ect but geniuses are born everywhere! such a shame about the lack of funding there. Hopefully someone like branson ect snap her up and give her some funding.
Sounds legit.
10:16pm 01/06/12 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
2646 posts
Nice, sad but not surprising that she can't get funding in Egypt though. Send that bitch to NASA, science bitches love NASA.
10:26pm 01/06/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8884 posts
There are so many phenomenal scientific/technological discoveries that we hear little about.

And many we will never hear about.
10:30pm 01/06/12 Permalink
v8mini
Brisbane, Queensland
28 posts
i remember seeing a video about how american scientists had an idea to put plasma rockets in spacecraft, it was something like a few days to get to uranus i think, but it worked sort of like a reverse rocket. so it wouldn't work on earth in the atmosphere.
06:34pm 10/06/12 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
06:34pm 10/06/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks