Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
Australia21 - Exploratory roundtable: Australia’ s current policy ...
Thundercracker
Brisbane, Queensland
3155 posts
I'll just quote the website since it sums up what this is all about:

In June 2011 a prestigious Global Commission Drug Policy that included the former Secretary-General of the United Nations, Kofi Annan and a number of former heads of state and experts on drug policy stated that the 40 year “War on Drugs” has failed with devastating consequences for individuals and societies around the world.

The commission urged all countries to examine this important policy issue anew.

Accordingly, in September 2011 Australia 21 appointed a steering group that included a number of Australian experts on illicit drug policy. Their task was to work towards an Australian review of the policy of prohibition instigated in 1953, which would also explore what might be involved in moving to a different approach to illicit drugs in Australia.

The group recommended a high level exploratory roundtable on the topic “What are the likely costs and benefits of a change in Australia’ s current policy on illicit drugs?”.

Link to the article:

http://www.australia21.org.au/our_research/illicit_drugs.html#a

A link to the discussion paper:

http://www.australia21.org.au/publications/press_releases/Australian%20Discussion%20Paper.pdf

Of interest is the appendix of the paper, which states their recommendations. One of the recommendations states:

Encourage experimentation by governments with models of legal regulation of drugs
(with cannabis for example) that are designed to undermine the power of organised
crime and safeguard the health and security of their citizens.

Is Australia finally going to get sensible about their stance on illicit substances?
08:20am 03/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:20am 03/04/12 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36028 posts
I'm sort of surprised this didn't get any comments; this was a pretty big deal and got a lot of coverage in the press - well, on Triple J anyway.
03:08pm 05/04/12 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
4815 posts
so letting us smoke cannabis but we are not allowed to play R rating games....
03:25pm 05/04/12 Permalink
JakeG
Thailand
1073 posts
I'd like to think things will change but....
03:30pm 05/04/12 Permalink
Python
Sydney, New South Wales
1444 posts
Nothing will change
03:36pm 05/04/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
12537 posts
Nothing will change

On the contrary, I'm sure many hundreds of thousands of $'s will be spent to change nothing.
03:39pm 05/04/12 Permalink
Mosfx
Gold Coast, Queensland
1021 posts
I'm all for it, having returned from Amsterdam recently where Pot is legal nobody abuses the drug I actually felt safer in Amsterdam on a Saturday night than in Surfers Paradise.
03:56pm 05/04/12 Permalink
redhat
Sydney, New South Wales
769 posts
If you have a spare 2hrs the google+ debate was quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gSrN2zIRwN8

The guys arguing against decriminalization actually had a few good points.

2 hilarious highlights, the US general. Goddam that guy could be a movie character and the tiff between Russel Brandt and the Sun reporter.
04:23pm 05/04/12 Permalink
foolix
Brisbane, Queensland
136 posts
I'm all for it, having returned from Amsterdam recently where Pot is legal
Actually it is illegal, it's just tolerated.
04:30pm 05/04/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4499 posts
I'm all for it, having returned from Amsterdam recently where Pot is legal
Actually it is illegal, it's just tolerated.
its "tolerated" down at Nimbin too.
04:46pm 05/04/12 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
3840 posts
The group recommended a high level exploratory roundtable on the topic “What are the likely costs and benefits of a change in Australia’ s current policy on illicit drugs?”.

this is a waste of tax payer money. no matter what they come up with they will not change the laws. if they do they will lose the christian and familial votes..
05:14pm 05/04/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13015 posts
I don't really think it needs debating/re-thinking.
05:21pm 05/04/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18616 posts
As Dennis Leary said, the answer is not less drugs, it's more drugs.
05:28pm 05/04/12 Permalink
Woblzz
Queensland
21 posts
be good if they would legalize it :/. at least then people could go into a shop and know what they buying etc, Usually people who OD are younger, because they don't know how to use it. But honestly, like what has already been stated by all of you... nothing will come of it : (
08:58pm 05/04/12 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
1015 posts
@ MosFx; mate the people in Surfers are not on weed.. it's the more chemical based substances that they are on. You can't effectively compare the two - Amsterdam with pot and Surfers with E/Speed/Ice etc.

09:06pm 05/04/12 Permalink
Shaexen
Brisbane, Queensland
369 posts
what f*****g ever, just leave us poor pot smokers alone.
12:08am 06/04/12 Permalink
Linker
Brisbane, Queensland
1595 posts
Xaltd, I think you're missing his point. He's talking about general feeling of safeness in a foreign city compared to here. I have friends that grew up in south Africa that say they'd feel safer out drinking in SA then the valley here.
12:42am 06/04/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
6192 posts
Yeah cause in the valley no one knows what the hell they are taking, and what it will do to their mind/body. Would rather weed be legal and party drugs kept illegal. Maybe the government is realising how much more effective it would be to sell it themselves with taxes and being able to monitor/restrict how much someone can get.
08:24am 06/04/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:24am 06/04/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.