Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
Anna Bligh's new election campaign bus - NSFW
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2034 posts
I am not sure if anyone else has seen this van getting around Brisbane but I just had to share.

So people please remember to tick the correct box otherwise we could end up in the crapper.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~dodgymon/blighbus.jpg
07:15pm 01/03/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:15pm 01/03/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
2610 posts
I don't want either of those :(

Send her to where she belongs

http://www.thepremier.qld.gov.au/newsroom/2010/assets/images/walk2-pic2-lge.jpg
07:16pm 01/03/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
749 posts
Goddamn I hate those wicked vans.
07:17pm 01/03/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19433 posts
You mean there's actually someone driving around in a van with that on the side? Does he also try to lure you in with candy, and then sell you a set of speakers?
07:28pm 01/03/12 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
750 posts
In Perth Wicked Campers paint and hire those vans out to backpackers. The person driving that probably has no idea who Anna Bligh is.
07:31pm 01/03/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
2611 posts
Wicked Campers is all over Australia and NZ eski.
08:04pm 01/03/12 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3148 posts
Can't wait for this pitiful government to die a horrible death at the election. I am going to host my first election party.
08:08pm 01/03/12 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
1594 posts
haha epic
08:37pm 01/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8411 posts
08:46pm 01/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18468 posts
rofl thread
08:46pm 01/03/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12710 posts
this is going to be another turd sandwich/douche pick
08:49pm 01/03/12 Permalink
HeardY
Gaelic newb
Sydney, New South Wales
20541 posts
Wicked Campers is all over Australia and NZ eski.

They are all over the world bro, Europe, USA, Africa ...
08:51pm 01/03/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
2612 posts
Sweet, never seen them anywhere but Aus.
08:55pm 01/03/12 Permalink
Jimbo
Brisbane, Queensland
829 posts
hahaha!!!!!
09:06pm 01/03/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12790 posts
That is an eerily accurate likeness.
10:13pm 01/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5573 posts
Speeking on state politics, I seem to be hearing a lot of negative conversations about the LNP and Campbell in particular.
The s*** Anna keeps throwing against the wall is starting to stick.

A few months ago everyone thought it was going to be a huge landslide towards the LNP, leaving Labor with little to nothing... I think it's going to be a lot closer than most people are predicting.
09:16am 02/03/12 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
12774 posts
That is an eerily accurate likeness.

Haha, thought the same. Brings out the masculine features a bit more. Not particularly flattering :P

I wonder what the legality of that is? I'm not offended by it, just curious if the cops could drag it if they wanted to.

lol Faceman.
09:23am 02/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18469 posts
you mean scooter, the accusations of corruption although cleared by the CMC twice already? have any of the accusations that the ALP have been a rats*** govt that sent our state broke been sticking at all?

if people don't get real soon we could end up with another ALP govt.
09:33am 02/03/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
5638 posts
We probably will. People will fall for her tears and only remember her heroic acts during the flood.
09:36am 02/03/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20029 posts
ROFL

How the hell can you drive around with that on the side? It's f*****g hilarious though.
09:43am 02/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5574 posts
Yes infi, exactly those accusations.
Sadly, it doesn't matter if he was 100% cleared or not on other occasions. Throw enough s*** and some of it ends up sticking. He could pre-empt Labor and submit himself for review to the CMC for the Development Donations allegations, get cleared and it wouldn't make a lick of difference. People are already thinking he's corrupt and dodgey.

Although, that would be a pretty awesome move in my mind.

Either way LNP have my vote this year. John Grant is running for my area and he's a really top bloke. Would vote for him no matter what party he was in. It's just a bonus that it also gets Labor out :)
09:47am 02/03/12 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3151 posts
Whoever is behind the ALP relection campaign knows the only way they have a chance of wining is to personally attack Newman and make him look worse than Bligh.
05:29pm 02/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8426 posts
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/naked-truth-on-vans-wicked-ad/story-fnbt5t29-1226288278902

THIS is the van that was too outrageous even for Wicked Campers. Featuring a crude caricature of Anna Bligh with her legs offensively positioned, the van was due to hit the streets this weekend.

But the controversial hire company put the brakes on the idea at the last minute.

Ten vans were planned to "help" the Premier in her bid for re-election, before the campaign was abruptly cancelled on Friday after inquiries by The Sunday Mail.

12:42pm 04/03/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2035 posts
Omg those f*****s stole my pic
04:07pm 04/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
1 posts
She doesn't present much of a choice does she? LNP seemed like a viable alternative, but as each day goes by, we can see he's not up to it. Read their latest idea on vehicle registration costs! People seem to be forgetting there is an alternative. There are more than 2 parties running. Please do yourself a favour and read Katter's Australian Party policies. Don't dismiss him because he has a strange laugh. He has good policies. Please go to his site and have a read. It will take 10 minutes of your life. He's been in politics for 40 years. Yes, he keeps getting voted in because his electorate know he's got good values and is fair dinkum. Last election he got nearly 75 % of the vote. People know he's true to his values and true to his word. People are looking for change. They're sick of a wasteful government. They're sick of a lying government. We get used to things after a while and start to think it's the norm, but we don't deserve to be treated like that. This should be a very prosperous state. Why aren't we prospering? Let's make the change. Katter's Australian Party. AUSTRALIAN PARTY for short. You won't be the only person having an election party, Tiny. Buy your party supplies early. There could be a shortage. Scooter, Alp will be lucky if they win one seat. Only 18 more sleeps. I'm excited!
03:42am 05/03/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
4934 posts
way to come in and advertise the party you obviously either have ties to or work for geoff.....
07:07am 05/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
2 posts
Fade2Black I've gone through most of my 51 years not concerned about elections. It doesn't matter, does it? I didn't think it did matter until a few years ago. You know how to manage your household budget, right? A couple of years ago I started to wonder how we can have people running our state that don't have a clue how to budget. They've gotten too cheeky. They know it doesn't matter how much money they spend, the tax payer will always be there for them. Yes Fade2Black, 2 weeks ago I joined the Katter's Australian Party. I bought a T shirt and I preach it wherever I can because we need someone with a bit of common sense to run our state, wouldn't you agree? I never dreamt I would be doing something like this, but then I never dreamt that Queensland would be governed by such inept and arrogant people. It's strange that you've told me I have a tie or work for Katter. You're really perceptive, aren't you? Have you looked at KAP policies yet?
07:48am 05/03/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
6525 posts
nah, katter's a lunatic
08:34am 05/03/12 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
668 posts
way to come in and advertise the party you obviously either have ties to or work for geoff.....

Fade2Black I've gone through most of my 51 years not concerned about elections. It doesn't matter, does it? I didn't think it did matter until a few years ago. You know how to manage your household budget, right? A couple of years ago I started to wonder how we can have people running our state that don't have a clue how to budget. They've gotten too cheeky. They know it doesn't matter how much money they spend, the tax payer will always be there for them. Yes Fade2Black, 2 weeks ago I joined the Katter's Australian Party. I bought a T shirt and I preach it wherever I can because we need someone with a bit of common sense to run our state, wouldn't you agree? I never dreamt I would be doing something like this, but then I never dreamt that Queensland would be governed by such inept and arrogant people. It's strange that you've told me I have a tie or work for Katter. You're really perceptive, aren't you? Have you looked at KAP policies yet?

http://thetruthaboutplas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/myth-busted.jpg
08:35am 05/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
3 posts
nah, katter's a lunatic

Yes, we know reload! Bob wears a 10 gallon hat and you wear a 300ml baseball cap back to front. You're the man!
08:49am 05/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5577 posts
Katter is a FEDERAL polly Geoff. He should stay the f*** out of State, unless he wants to drop his Federal seat and run for state. Which he wont, because he's just a sabre rattler. All noise, no substance.

Aiden McLindon is a ChuckleF***. Any party that would want him to be on their side is either full of Chuckle F**** or just downright stupid.

I really hope your right about <18 for ALP, I would even prefer Chuckle F**** over the ALP getting anything this round.
08:50am 05/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
4 posts
Scooter, don't make a dill of yourself by running off at the mouth. Check out Bob Katter's story and Katter's Australin Party Don't go by what you think the story is. Do 10 minutes research and you will find. I didn't say <18 for Labor. I said 1 (one) would be a surprise.
09:03am 05/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5578 posts
Ahh right, guess I was sick of wading through bulls*** by the end of your post and confused the 18 sleeps with seats.
Besides the above, how is what I said wrong?

Is Katter NOT in a Federal position? Is he going to step down and run for State? If not, then he should stay out of it. He has his own job to worry about he shouldn't be putting this much (or any) effort into a State election.

I grew up in the same area as Aiden, even knew one of the guys in his band. We had to put up with him as a Local member too. I know people that have him in their State seat now.
He's no good.
The Australian party welcomed him with open arms.
You can judge people by the company they chose to keep.

Also, if you think ALP wont even get 1 seat... you're just as crazy as Katter.
09:14am 05/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18478 posts
Katter is not the real deal. He advocates protectionism and other retarded economic policies. He is deinfitely NOT what we need (unless you like the idea of going back to the 60s - that means no mobile phones or dueal lcd monitors, yo)

geoff I believe your heart is in the right place but I don't think you have properly read katter's crazy policies.

Katter is a one trick pony just like hanson was except now the voters are not in the mood for that type of amateur level politics. we have an $85b debt in this state thanks to Bligh and Fraser and we actually need to repair the situation. A bunch of folksy policies based around being allowed have open camp fires and putting tarrifs back on imports is not the answer mate.
11:35am 05/03/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9120 posts
If I was in charge I would simply declare the $85b debt void. F*** politicians are thick.
11:37am 05/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4499 posts
Vote 1: thermite
Because Bligh and Fraser can't manage to complete their half arsed job of destroying QLD's credit rating.
12:39pm 05/03/12 Permalink
cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
1785 posts
the only prob when you decide not to pay your debt, like in our personal lives, is that no one will ever lend to you again. if they do it will be at 25% interest rates like those dodgy payday advance mobs.

the stupid thing the bligh govt did up until the last GFC was assume that growth was going to go up and up and up forever and ever, like house prices doubling every 7 years like its a guaranteed winner. they didn't but they still gots to pay.
12:51pm 05/03/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9122 posts
That plus, why does the government spend money on stuff. Like they go "Oh no can't build a hospital cos it's too expensive" lol what? Just make a law that so-and-so has to build a hospital for free. F*****G EASY.
No need for credit.
12:52pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5579 posts
The reason they couldn't afford a hospital last time is because they promised to build the GC a brand new Stadium instead.
12:58pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4500 posts
Why would they do that? They could have just made a law that so-and-so has to build a stadium for free.
01:06pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5580 posts
Good point Dazhel, what was I thinking!
After all, I think thats what Newman did with the Clem7 wasn't it?
01:08pm 05/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18480 posts
Just make a law that so-and-so has to build a hospital for free.

just pass a law that every one should be rich. F*****G EASY.

sometimes you don't put a lot of thought into your trolls, thermite. I prefer the better constructed ones.

last edited by infi at 13:12:34 05/Mar/12
01:08pm 05/03/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12732 posts
I had an idea like this a while back now but this guy has done a pretty good job of summarising it for me
http://gigablast.com/micro.html

Microdemocracy
What is It?

A microdemocracy is the next step in the evolution of a democracy or republic. It embraces technology to eliminate many of the problems involved with today's system of government.
Why?

In 1776 it was impossible for all citizens to convene in one location to vote on all bills and laws, therefore, a representation system was devised. A handful of elected officials would be responsible for making the big decisions. The same was true for state governments. The land was governed by a small group of people. Such a scenario inevitably leads to bribes, bias, secret-coverups and corruption. But with the information technology of today, this can be a thing of the past.
How does it Work?

Microdemocracy gives the power back to the people. Citizens would register to vote on the internet, possibly using publically available machines to connect. They would be able to partition their taxes to government agencies, bureaus or projects any way they choose. Some citizens may elect to give 25% of their taxes to NASA, or perhaps 10% to a proposed bill or movement. The ability to author legsilation and place it up for voting would also be possible. The combinations are limitless.
What if a Citizen Does Not Want that Level of Control?

Then that citizen could divide and transfer their power to a registered Representative. They may elect to have Representative #1 handle 20% of their taxes, Representative #2 handle 40% while Representative #3 and #4 would share that citizen's voting power. For the benefit of the citizens, all representatives would be required to register and publish their political stances ahead of time. Citizens would be able to add, remove or change any of their Representatives at any time.

Who can be a Representative?

Anyone can be a representative. They would just need to register themselves.
Multiple Voting

Each citizen is given one million votes. They can spread these votes out any way they want. They could choose to spend all their votes on a single issue. In this manner, the more important a piece of legislation is to someone, the more they can influence the outcome. For instance, if the community wanted to build the new nuclear plant in your back yard you would re-apply all your votes from various other issues to vote "NO" on this one. Multiple voting allows the voter to have more influence on issues closer to them.

You can also distribute some or all of your votes to various registered representatives of your choosing. The representatives would have to apply your votes to their registered voting platforms, which must be disclosed ahead of time. Votes should probably not be sold, however. It would be kind of like selling kidneys.

And if you give your votes to someone to control, you can always take them back later. That way, if a representative no longer suited your tastes you could simply withdraw your votes.
Ensuring Fairness

The main problem with giving power directly to the people is that of "mob rule". The majority may push around the minority. For instance, what if there's was a law that said that all people over seven feet tall must be deported to Canada? Now that law is obviously unethical, but the majority of people are under seven feet tall, so they could bully around those that are not.

To solve this problem we could automatically examine the voting demographics. If the votes are sharply divided along a line of height, weight, sex, race, religion, occupation, geographic location or income level then the legislation in question should be transferred to a different group of voters to decide, a group that does not share the same traits that divide the vote. The group of outsourced voters acts like a neutral judge. In turn, everybody will have their day to play judge for various legislation across the country.

To further protect citizens' rights, the Supreme Court (and related courts) could still rule a piece of legislation to be unconstitutional. In which case it would be thrown out and all votes would be returned.

What are the Benefits?

A microdemocracy is much better equipped to adapt quickly to changes than a large, archaic democracy. Citizens don't have to wait four years to have their voices heard. They can change their political stances on the fly. Voting would no longer be a discrete process. Political stances could be tallied instantly and at anytime. This is called dynamic voting. A vote would look much like a stock price graph, going up and down with time.

Corruption and favoritism would be eliminated. Power would be equally distributed to the citizens, not just in the hands of a few representatives.

Government agencies would have to compete with other government agencies for funding in a constantly changing environment. This competition would make them more efficient.
01:16pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Rdizz
Brisbane, Queensland
1874 posts
wow i like that ^
01:34pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12805 posts
I can see it now, the Facebook page calling on everyone to spend their million votes for 2012 on a monolithic statue of Wally Lewis, straddling the river near the gateway bridge like the colossus of rhodes.
01:42pm 05/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8433 posts
What would make Government more efficient would be to make Government a lot smaller.

Whats with all the Labor Ads about Newmans family making money ?
Is that how Labor plans to get re-elected ?
I like the idea of someone who knows how to make money being charge rather than some dumb cow that knows how to waste money.
01:42pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4502 posts
I can see it now, the Facebook page calling on everyone to spend their million votes for 2012 on a monolithic statue of Wally Lewis, straddling the river near the gateway bridge like the colossus of rhodes.

Hell yeah, get the same mob in that did the Lang Park statue.
A giant colossus of Brisbane holding the State of Origin shield aloft sounds f*****g awesome.
02:01pm 05/03/12 Permalink
arc
Brisbane, Queensland
1250 posts
Microdemocracy
In 1776 it was impossible for all citizens to convene in one location to vote on all bills and laws, therefore, a representation system was devised. A handful of elected officials would be responsible for making the big decisions. The same was true for state governments. The land was governed by a small group of people. Such a scenario inevitably leads to bribes, bias, secret-coverups and corruption. But with the information technology of today, this can be a thing of the past.

The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") is a name given to several groups, both real (historical) and fictitious. Historically the name refers to the Bavarian Illuminati, an Enlightenment-era secret society founded on May 1, 1776. In more modern contexts the name refers to a purported conspiratorial organization which is alleged to mastermind events and control world affairs through governments and corporations to establish a New World Order.

Microdemocracy gives the power back to the people. Citizens would register to vote on the internet, possibly using publically available machines to connect.

Surely that will be run by the Illuminati as well.
02:04pm 05/03/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
16417 posts
Whats with all the Labor Ads about Newmans family making money ?

they are taking a page out of the libs book, for as long as i can remember when it comes to qld politics at voting time

because the libs have been a bunch of complete losers lead but tosser after tosser for like 2 decades they have done nothing but try and slander labor

it was refreshing to hear campbell the other night in one of the ad's tell us what he's going to do if he was elected
02:10pm 05/03/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4094 posts
Come on pave, the labor party / unions are way worse at stupid slandering bulls***. Both parties do it, but labor uses outright bulls*** where as the libs just point out all the stupid things labor does :D
02:19pm 05/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18481 posts
Each citizen is given one million votes. They can spread these votes out any way they want. They could choose to spend all their votes on a single issue.

What a ridiculous concept. I can just imagine the social justice do-gooders screams now. We need handouts of more votes to people who "spent" all their votes unwisely on early populist proposals, and then didn't have enough votes to reject propoals that arrive later on disadvantaging them. It's singularly the most retarded reform to democractic government I have ever read about in fact. But I will give them a gold start for trying. We only get collectively smarter by having ideas discredited and moving on.
02:34pm 05/03/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12733 posts
so just let everyone vote on each topic, 1 vote per bill
02:41pm 05/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18482 posts
they already do direct democracy via proposition in many US states. E.g. California. Do a bit of reading on how it's working out for their broke ass.
02:49pm 05/03/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12734 posts
so because it doesn't work in one of the most corrupt democracies in the world, it won't work here?
whats your big problem with it exactly

who is to say we couldn't implement it better
also im fairly sure the US aren't doing it via electronic methods, which would certainly bring out the younger (left-wing) voters
03:10pm 05/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18483 posts
my problem with it is that how can people give proper consideration to proposal after proposal coming down the sausage factory every 5 mins and every individual is supposed to vote on it with the bare minimum of deliberation.

it sounds like fast food democracy, it may work for australian idol, or big brother - turfing out a contestant on a whim, but is that really how you want government run?

no one will ever vote for a tax increase (except on the rich obviously) and people will vote for increases in benefits/spending every year until the government is broke.
03:22pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12807 posts
Although, having all water replaced with Gatorade would be tasty and watching President Camacho race monster trucks, rather awesome.
03:25pm 05/03/12 Permalink
slyin
Brisbane, Queensland
121 posts
his problem with it is he will lose his job as a member of the liberal party
03:26pm 05/03/12 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5252 posts
So infi let me get this straight, you prefer a dictatorship?
03:27pm 05/03/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9123 posts
Well each policy would have the positives and negatives, like

MOAR DEFENCE SPENDING
+25% Guns in army
-1.2% wages in your pocket
Wearer cannot be healed by medic

03:28pm 05/03/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4095 posts
I have to agree with infi here, it would never work. The unwashed masses would NEVER vote for an unpopular but necessary bill. We'd never get anywhere. And huge corporations would probably be able to spend LESS on ads to misinform people than they currently do buying pollies.
03:30pm 05/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18484 posts
no greazy, representative democracy works fine.

slyin: direct democracy would not replace the need for political parties because a direct democracy would still have a Head of State i.e. President who is chief of the Executive to run day to day government.

It's quite ironic that people are asking for more direct democracy with ideas like the one teq suggested when political party membership is dwindling right now and that is the best way to get involved in the political process.
03:56pm 05/03/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9126 posts
The unwashed masses would NEVER vote for an unpopular but necessary bill.

Can you give an example of something that is unpopular but necessary?

Don't bother because anything you say I will argue that it is either
- Not actually unpopular
- Not actually necessary

So imagine we've gone through all that.
03:59pm 05/03/12 Permalink
slyin
Brisbane, Queensland
123 posts
so infi is running for leader of the liberal party? ANOTHER leadership battle? great, another week of nothing else on the news
04:12pm 05/03/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12735 posts
when political party membership is dwindling right now and that is the best way to get involved in the political process.

well I would have to disagree that it's the best way
firstly, career politicians rule all - you are either "all in" or you aren't taken seriously

this is a quote from your own post up there ^^
Katter is a one trick pony just like hanson was except now the voters are not in the mood for that type of amateur level politics.

secondly, the idea of involving everyone still allows those that do care enough to actually have their say on an issue can get it and those who don't care enough can give their support to someone they trust
If you can login and slide a bar left or right to give your votes to someone else instantly, the parties are much less likely to f*** you over

I couldn't imagine getting involved in politics, I have no interest in it, but that does not mean I have no interest in putting forward my opinion on what is best for me (and the state/country)

A micro democracy would likely lead to a swag of policies that are much better for individuals and much worse for corporations
No one is going to vote in a multi billion dollar desalinisation plant when we're having major flooding, for example
you're going to argue that this particular example is massively short sighted, however all that needs to happen is someone tacks on a sensible proposal saying that rain water tanks are a must and we're limited to 'XXX litres of water per day per person' regardless of floods etc

You will absolutely end up with a million different things to vote on but you'll still find that there will be professional political organisations out there vying for your 'support', which just means when you fail to vote on something by a given time/date, your vote is automatically allocated to their preference
They do all the leg work and they read through the bills that matter and ensure that no one tacks on stupid amendments

I think its very short sighted to just dismiss the whole idea as stupid, it's a very logical step towards a more open democracy and a very real possibility given where technology is leading us
04:12pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4438 posts
to run day to day government.
isn't this specifically what direct democracy is targeting?

representative democracy works fine.
you might want to ask the gays about that...
04:32pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2036 posts
Hey Infi sportsbet has Katter to win the seat of Dalrymple with odds paying $1.43 vs LNP $2.30
So he might yet win a seat.
04:43pm 05/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18485 posts
wow I wasn't aware of that Dodgymon, bookies are a pretty good indicator no doubt.
04:47pm 05/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8436 posts
I suspect Katters mob will win 7-8 Seats.
06:02pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2037 posts
faceman surely your trolling because thats almost as many as labor are on track to win
06:11pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
4935 posts
She doesn't present much of a choice does she? LNP seemed like a viable alternative, but as each day goes by, we can see he's not up to it. Read their latest idea on vehicle registration costs! People seem to be forgetting there is an alternative. There are more than 2 parties running. Please do yourself a favour and read Katter's Australian Party policies. Don't dismiss him because he has a strange laugh. He has good policies. Please go to his site and have a read. It will take 10 minutes of your life. He's been in politics for 40 years. Yes, he keeps getting voted in because his electorate know he's got good values and is fair dinkum. Last election he got nearly 75 % of the vote. People know he's true to his values and true to his word. People are looking for change. They're sick of a wasteful government. They're sick of a lying government. We get used to things after a while and start to think it's the norm, but we don't deserve to be treated like that. This should be a very prosperous state. Why aren't we prospering? Let's make the change. Katter's Australian Party. AUSTRALIAN PARTY for short. You won't be the only person having an election party, Tiny. Buy your party supplies early. There could be a shortage. Scooter, Alp will be lucky if they win one seat. Only 18 more sleeps. I'm excited!

First of all GEOFF I would NEVER go posting something so obviously bias without acknowledging my affiliation, it is no different to someone from EB games posting here promoting the store and not admitting he works for them or has a vested interested in the company succeeding.

Second GEOFF you've just gone and stated like fact that Newman "Isn't up to it" because of his "vehicle registration policy" without giving one piece of information as to why that policy is bad or indicates he's not capable of leading a government. Which is especially impressive after advocating in multiple posts the necessity to read and gather information and form an informed opinion.
08:01pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
4936 posts
Pave: I completely agree, two elections ago I recall the liberals doing nothing but attacking Labor. I don't recall a single positive issue based message, not even a campaign promise. Then there was Beattie talking about improvements to hospitals and roads he wanted to build (pretty sure he didn't deliver on any) but I'll take someone who is at least indicating he has ideas vs someone who doesn't show any at all.

This election Newmans talking about what he wants to do whilst the only non attack add I have seen from Labor is trumping themselves for the rebuilding effort after the floods (which they didn't manage properly in the first place!).
08:16pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
5 posts
Sorry Fade2Black. I mentioned his registration policy so people could go and research it thermselves, get the full story and form their own opinion on it. I didn't think it needed to be spelt out that some people are made to suffer for no reason by paying higher registration and that all the tradies who own utes will have to put their prices up, so we all pay in the end. I still advocate researching the policies, looking at track history etc. and having an informed opinion. That is my whole point. Gone are the days of voting for a particular party because Dad did. Gone are the days of voting for a person because they look nice or have a catchy slogan. This is serious business now.
09:06pm 05/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18487 posts
The internet is serious business.
09:42pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
4937 posts
just read the policy no mention of certain classes paying higher rego. seems to me from a google search that is just labor mudslinging that you have been sucked into. especially hard to prove that this is the case given no party has releaesed costings yet for policies.

if it is true though it would not bother me greatly if tradies take a hit. these guys can claim it all back on tax and many do heaps of cash jobs they dont claim on taxable income which increases the amount others have to pay anyway.

did you notice an increase in prices when the state govt changed toll polivy so that tradies pay commercial vehicle prices on all toll roads?
10:10pm 05/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18488 posts
i can see the logic, business gets a 40% deduction on all inputs whereas private consumers get zero tax deduction for their expenses.
10:12pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4439 posts
I mentioned his registration policy so people could go and research it thermselves,
i had a look but couldn't find anything, what's the policy?
10:15pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
4938 posts
Found this using google

http://lnp.org.au/news/transport/lnp-car-rego-freeze-to-ease-cost-of-living

just says they're going to freeze registration costs for 12 months.

Freezing family car registration for a first term is a key part of the LNP's plan to ease the cost of living for Queenslanders by up to $330 a year, Shadow Transport Minister Scott Emerson said today.

Mr Emerson said the tired, 20 year old Labor Government had treated motorists as cash cows, with Queensland becoming the most expensive state in which to own and run a car.

"Labor's hip pocket hits on motorists have included the introduction of a fuel tax and a massive 30 per cent hike in car registration fees since 2008," he said.
10:26pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5583 posts
Mr Emerson said claims motorcyclists and truck and ute drivers would pay more in order to fund the freeze on family car rego were completely untrue.

Note worthy from Fade's link.

But:
MOTORCYCLISTS, truck and ute drivers will pay more in registration fees to help fund an LNP promise to give the owners of "family vehicles" a reprieve from Australia's costliest car rego.

Opposition transport spokesman Scott Emerson yesterday conceded some drivers would face rego rises while private passenger cars under four tonnes had their registration frozen for three years.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/lnp-promises-to-give-owners-of-family-vehicles-reprieve-from-costly-car-rego-by-charging-motorcyclists-truck-and-ute-drivers-more/story-fnbt5t29-1226287790894

Same dates on both articles.
10:36pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
6 posts
Thanks for your profound thoughts there infi. You now have 18,487 posts, even if you have nothing to say. I think you're right
Fade2Black. Wonder why it is that we have so many restrictions put upon us and so much red tape that we're not allowed to fart in our own loungerooms, yet politicians can tell lies and denigrate others at will. We have no toll roads up north because we don't get any new roads. When it comes down to it, the government earns it's money from royalties, a diminished asset base and taxes. So basically any increase in prices falls at the feet of the taxpayer/consumer doesn't it? No point in arguing which is the better party because everyone has different expectations and beliefs. All we want is a stop to the massive waste of money and the arroogance that has gone with it. That is assured, so let's push for a national holiday on Monday 26th March. "Anna Day." This is way bigger than Australia's America cup win. To quote Bob Hawke, "any boss who sacks anyone for not turning up today is a bum."
10:45pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
4939 posts
Scooter that is interesting but I read and then reread the article and it doesn't provide any source for how it decided that those drivers would pay more in rego. It just makes that claim and then moves on with the article with no source to back it up, not even a "Labor party spokespeople claim" type comment.

As far as I can tell they just grabbed every class not covered under private cars up to 4 tonnes and assumed the rest pay more. But as far as I can tell by reading it that could simply mean that the other classes could just as easily continue to go up by CPI as anything else. Articles like that can be completely misleading because whilst the statement is probably true, it is equally true if the price goes up $1 as it is if the price goes up $300. But the courier mail needs flashy headlines like that to grab readers.
10:47pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2038 posts
We have no toll roads up north because we don't get any new roads

I am confident Cando will build a tunnel from Brisbane to gladstone. No doubt that toll will be epic!
10:54pm 05/03/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
2666 posts
If the Bruce is any sign, they would build a fire escape under a river and have to close and drain the tunnel every second week dodgymon
10:55pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12810 posts
Gotta love all the vote-grabbing attempts coming out at election time eh.

I noticed Bligh flapping on the other day about dropping millions for the state gov to pay for kids swimming lessons (80 frikken million dollars http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-04/bligh-to-fund-swimming-lessons-for-kids/3867416 ). The kind of thing that it's hard to be against without being considered heartless, because obviously incentivising parents to get their kids to swimming lessons could potentially save some young lives, but seriously what is its real value to the state?

Now I'm pretty socially left and also now a parent but this election promise still really rubs me the wrong way. Something as disconnected from healthcare as swimming lessons just doesn't seem like something a government should be paying for. The result -- potentially saving a handful of kids of lazy parents each year -- simply does not benefit QLD society to the tune of 80 million dollars a year.

It's giant douches versus turd sandwiches for sure (with a couple of comedy options, katter lol). Can we just vote to get rid of state government entirely already :/
11:07pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
5697 posts
I wouldn't vote Bligh when she is just shoving iPads in front of school kids hoping it teaches them, while paying peanuts to teachers, the real people who are responsible for education.
11:11pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
7 posts
Gotta love all the vote-grabbing attempts coming out at election time eh. I noticed Bligh flapping on the other day about dropping millions for the state gov to pay for kids swimming lessons (80 frikken million dollars http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-04/bligh-to-fund-swimming-lessons-for-kids/3867416 ). The kind of thing that it's hard to be against without being considered heartless, because obviously incentivising parents to get their kids to swimming lessons could potentially save some young lives, but seriously what is its real value to the state? Now I'm pretty socially left and also now a parent but this election promise still really rubs me the wrong way. Something as disconnected from healthcare as swimming lessons just doesn't seem like something a government should be paying for. The result -- potentially saving a handful of kids of lazy parents each year -- simply does not benefit QLD society to the tune of 80 million dollars a year. It's giant douches versus turd sandwiches for sure (with a couple of comedy options, katter lol). Can we just vote to get rid of state government entirely already :/

I'm only new here, but I've noticed another expert on everything. Dan with 12,810 posts. That's a hell of a lot of knowlege Dan. I still wonder why everyone wants to rubbish Katter. He hasn't had a go yet, but he's put a hell of a lot of work into giving it a go. Is he a redneck because he hasn't told downright lies to the public? Is he a strange bastard that should be avoided because he hasn't wasted billions of tax payers dollars? Tell us about how you're trying to do some good for the state Dan lol. (being an armchair expert doesn't carry any weight)
11:26pm 05/03/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12811 posts
I just try to be an informed voter and encourage others to do same. I'm in no way claiming or pretending to be an expert on everything (except possibly Quake2 CTF). If I have mentioned something that you have an opposing viewpoint on, feel free to debate it openly, but Katter's Australia Party is a comedy option to me because I am fundamentally opposed to nearly all of their policies.

They mean well, but their methods appear as madness to me. Stamping free trade as heavily as they want to is certainly not in my best interest -- shopping online to avoid rip-off local retailers is great -- and while I see merit in selectively supporting some local industries through difficult times ,the degree that they would do so is ludicrously nationalistic.

summary: On the surface they want to be seen as 'fair go mate', but too much of their rhetoric smacks of extreme protectionism and xenophobia and although they don't mention much of their social policies, almost no doubt homophobia and everything else that goes with hardline Christian fundamentalism.
12:02am 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5585 posts
So basically any increase in prices falls at the feet of the taxpayer/consumer doesn't it?

That's kind of the point isn't it? It's our roads, so we have to pay for them. If we want more roads, we have to pay for them out of somewhere (less funding to other areas, or increased Taxes.) It's not the spending that has upset me, it's the massive amounts of waste. ALP is known for budget blowouts and waste.

Scooter that is interesting but I read and then reread the article and it doesn't provide any source

Yeah, I came to the same conclusion as you. 1 Official source and 1 News article that doesn't attribute it's information to anyone... I know which one I would be more likely to believe.

I still wonder why everyone wants to rubbish Katter. He hasn't had a go yet,

He's NOT having a go here and now. He's just having a laugh. He's a Federal politician. Aiden McLindon (a known Chuckle F***) is head of the Australian party for QLD.

As for the man himself, he only ever proposes pipeline Dreams (like the inland rivers scheme) which he knows would never, ever, get anywhere. Sure the project might look to his small area of constitutes, but does little for Australians as a whole and is just a waste of time and effort as it doesn't even get off the ground.
In the end he makes a lot of noise, but doesn't achieve anything.
One thing that I find particularly funny about this clown is that he calls himself a maverick... just like some American pollies we know...

almost no doubt homophobia

You can confirm that one. They have already said they will scrap civil union partnerships.
I do like their ethanol policy though.
I think their 'Outdoor recreational activities' has gone too far the other way though. Greens locking everything up and not letting us have any fun is bad enough. But KAP (Katters Australian Party) opening everything up to a free-for-all so that retards can destroy everything (and as a 4wd enthusiast I know that there are far to many retards that share my hobby) is even worse. Yes, worse than a Greens Policy. That's scary.

NB; I would still vote for KAP over Greens anyway.
09:02am 06/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8440 posts
The ALP and The LNP dont like Katters Party, so if you dont like either of those Partys why not vote for Katters Party just to annoy them ?

12:52pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5586 posts
That's a very good question FaceMan and you're more than welcome to do that.
I would be looking towards a local Independent, to see if they represented my views, before I placed a vote on a backwards party like the KAP or dangerous party like the Greens though.
12:59pm 06/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18490 posts
Why would you ever vote for a party that has no capacity to govern... that's what stumps me.
01:59pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5590 posts
What do you mean infi? One you think wouldn't get the necessary seats to hold a majority? Or that KAP (ALP?) are useless and couldn't do the task even with a majority?

If the former, you're almost as retarded as Geoff.
If the latter, that's just your opinion on the KAP they haven't been tested yet. However, that's an opinion that I happen to share (on both KAP and ALP.)
02:06pm 06/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18491 posts
the former. we have seen the destruction a hung parliament run by idiot independents and single policy interest MPs has inflicted on the Federal parliament.
02:09pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5591 posts
We live in a representative democracy. People should be voting for someone they feel represents them and their interests.
Voting for a major party that you don't like, just because you don't like the 'other guys' even more is a stupid way/reason to cast your vote.

Voting for an Indie (or some other smaller party) that best represents you is the only way that you might actually feel your voice being heard.
02:14pm 06/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8441 posts
Is there any polls for QLD yet ?
couldnt find any recent ones, i think The Mad Katters Party has around 10% of the vote. They prolly wont win any Brisbane seats but they will in the Country.

He wont be preferencing ALP nor LNP.
That will likely hurt The LNP.
04:20pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5593 posts
He wont be preferencing ALP nor LNP.
That will likely hurt The LNP.

This shows you know little about 'preferencing' in an AUS (lower house) election.

He can't do s*** with preferences. All he can (or chose not to) do is include LNP or ALP on his 'How to Vote' cards. If people put 1 in KAP and don't list their own preferences, and the KAP member has the least amount of votes without another candidate already having a clear majority, those ballots are exaugsted. The KAP member doesn't give anyone their votes. They simply don't count for anything.
04:46pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
12059 posts
the former. we have seen the destruction a hung parliament run by idiot independents and single policy interest MPs has inflicted on the Federal parliament.

LOL at destruction. Its a minority Government, not Godzilla.

Your posts get sillier around election time info.
The KAP member doesn't give anyone their votes. They simply don't count for anything.

I almost said 'only in the lower house' then I remembered how retarded Queensland's unicameral parliament is.
04:49pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5594 posts
Yeah, only in the lower house ;)

And in QLD we can do No Preference or Partial Preferences as well, but for Federal you have to fill all the boxes for the lower house. (Upper it's 1 above or All below)
04:55pm 06/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8443 posts
uhh yes i do know about preferential voting in QLD and if Katter doesnt direct his supporters to preference The LNP then it will hurt the LNP.
Especially if they run a candidate in Ashgrove.
Katter Party voters will more than likely be LNP not labor.

oops Reachtel has Kate ahead with 50.5 %
06:04pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5595 posts
If KAP voters would be more likely LNP than ALP then they will also more than likely put a #2 next to LNP.

So, as I said before, it wouldn't do s***.
06:11pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
8 posts
We all have our crosses to bear. McLinden is a chuckle f***, Katter is a clown, I'm retarded and you have little man syndrome. No doubt others on here get your diagnosis as well. Let's watch what we say because scooter gets angry if we don't agree with him or allow him to hog the blog.
07:38pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5596 posts
Katter is actually pretty smart doing what he's doing. Very little risk for a good chance at a nice reward/recognition. I still think that as a Federal Politician he has no real business meddling in State affairs. I would love for him to step down for his seat and have a crack at a State position. He really does seem like he cares for his constitutes.
The only actual information you have brought to the thread is sensationalist bulls*** about a phantom LNP Registration hike policy (Read their latest idea on vehicle registration costs!) which has since been proven false.

You said before to look at peoples track records, I urge you to look at Mclindons. Even a casual perusal will show that he cares for little else beside himself and furthering his own career and goals. Even many people in the now Defunct Queensland Party who worked closely with him and supported him (only to be dumped) feel this way.

Dan seemed to sum up the KAP pretty nicely, prove his points wrong for us so that we can be enlightened.

Most other people here (Spook and infi aside) aren't as blindly partisan as you seem to be.
If you think my posts have been angry, I warn you from checking some of the other threads here. You might think the internet is full of psychopaths. Also, it's a forum... not a blog.

As for the volume of my posts, they have only been in reply to others. That's generally how a discussion works. One person says something, someone else responds.
08:22pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
9 posts
As for the volume of my posts, they have only been in reply to others. That's generally how a discussion works. One person says something, someone else responds.

Ok scooter, you win. I know you have to respond to every post whether it's directed at you or not. Katter's a crackpot, McLinden is a chuckle f***. All the other candidates for KAP who have the welfare of their electorate at heart and agreed to have conscience, not party votes are a bunch of dills. Labor's f***ed, KAP voters will put preference LNP. Go with Dan and buy your s*** online from overseas. We don't need jobs here, just need to get bargains from China. We don't need farmers here. Get it cheap from overseas (unless they have a drought or we go to war with another country.) Please run for election next time scooter. I reckon you could run the universe. Tell me two things before I leave this FORUM. How tall are you? Are you a greedy bastard who doesn't give a s*** about others, as long as you get what you want?
09:26pm 06/03/12 Permalink
kr0wb4r
Brisbane, Queensland
1143 posts
As a kid then growing up I didn't give a s*** about politics, after college I really got into reading each party's policy and finding out for myself rather than listening to the news, and then in turn _trying_ to have intelligent discussion with others of opposing viewpoints.

After doing that for a number of years.. f*** that (the talking to people part). I swear some people are just really f*****g retarded and make my brain hurt. I'm not stubborn, I am open to sound reasoning and I will change who I vote for based on what comes across as the best deal to me.. but I've found that some Labor supporters are worse than Christians, and I'd rather have Jehovas Witnesses come to my door than talk to them.

the end.
09:33pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4441 posts
or allow him to hog the blog.
by post 8, oh, we are not off to a good start.

IMO scooter is bringing up pretty good points as to why we shouldn't be paying katter too much attention,

we have seen the destruction a hung parliament run by idiot independents and single policy interest MPs has inflicted on the Federal parliament.
imo, the actual carbon tax isn't the issue, the problem is the PM putting power before the Australian people without the decency to hide it. to me that sets a pretty serious precedent.

the carbon tax itself is just a further attempt to get into the pockets of the international mining giants, it was either this or a "mining surplus tax" that would have been introduced, at least this way the money magic the carbon out of the air..

09:36pm 06/03/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
2674 posts
I think whomever promises to make the Bruce Highway a lot less easy to flood will garner a f***tonne of votes.
09:37pm 06/03/12 Permalink
kr0wb4r
Brisbane, Queensland
1144 posts
And also before you hate on me Geoff, I was tasked with getting quotes and putting together a report for the production of 50,000 units of something today from both overseas and australia.

And while Chinese companies can do it faster and cheaper (2/3rds the price after tax and shipping) I'm going to misrepresent my report so that hopefully they go with the Aussie company :)

(the Aussie guy on the phone was really helpful and went beyond what I asked for, whereas the chinese company sent me a quote in an excel file with broken english that took me half an hour to decipher)
09:37pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12818 posts
Go with Dan and buy your s*** online from overseas. We don't need jobs here, just need to get bargains from China. We don't need farmers here. Get it cheap from overseas (unless they have a drought or we go to war with another country.) Please run for election next time scooter. I reckon you could run the universe. Tell me two things before I leave this FORUM. How tall are you? Are you a greedy bastard who doesn't give a s*** about others, as long as you get what you want?
Matey, believe it or not there are people here that might listen and consider your point of view if you present it in a polite or rational manner instead of leaving us to try and extract it out of rants like this.

Again, I think the notion of protecting local industry and manufacturing is a noble pursuit, and I support the gov stepping in to assist during the tough times to help get us through to the next, but it needs to be done selectively, or the consumer either cops it or evolves ways of getting around it.

The KAP doctrine seems to want to go way beyond this and stem the flow of all globalisation to a point where it smacks of xenophobia. I believe this is a much more complex issue that can't be solved with such an all or nothing approach.
09:51pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
4940 posts
dan all i have extracted from his rants is that he is juvenile 51 year old who is quickly reduced to personal attacks if people disagree with him.
09:55pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
10 posts
Hallelujah kr0wb4r.
09:55pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5597 posts
I'm 177cm (~5'10") so I am a little on the short side. I would like to think I'm not very greedy, I even chose a lower paying job (better location and work conditions were major factors for me.) Not that I think my height or financial drive has much to do with Katter being a Federal politician or Aiden being interested only in advancing his own goals. After all, I'm not running for office.

Faceman said they would preference LNP, not me.

There are plenty of jobs for Australians that aren't in the manufacturing sector. Unemployment in QLD is stupidly low at the moment (Under 5.5% IIRC) which is fairly awesome really. Skilled endeavours are a very solid future for Australians. Where are all these lost jobs you're talking about?
I also fully support our farmers, I think they do great work and are very deserving of our respect. They very often do it hard running their own business and running a farm. I'm not sure why you would have the impression that I didn't think we needed farmers.

I'm not sure why you would want to go to war with other countries, especially those ones that provide us with food. That seems rather silly. Why would you want to do that?

As for me running for office... I don't think I could. Not really my field. Besides that, I think I have someone that I can vote for that would represent me the way I want to be represented. John Grant. He's a good bloke that has given a lot to the local community. His wife (of 35 years) was a long standing teacher so he also has a unique insider view on education. He has also been a long standing Local Council member, including time as Deputy Mayor. Also, he successfully ran a business (Design/Drafting) before he became a Politician. Real world experience. Hasn't just been a political hack (like Aiden) all his life. To top it off, he's a nice guy. Ask the workers at Logan City Council, they will tell you he was great to work with. (Hint: they wont say the same about McLindon)
10:03pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
11 posts
Fadetoblack, are you for real? Scooter s***bags everyone that has an opinion different to his. Dan, it's pretty simple, no rant. You either buy Australian to keep Australian jobs or you buy overseas and lose Australian jobs. Here it is politely. Have we progressed in the last 30 years? Or is there a lot of money floating around from the resources boom, but no one has any money? Why do you think that is? Maybe someone else needs a turn. Maybe we have been doing things wrong? For f*****g sure we have. I don't care if we have LNP or KAP. I just want someone with a brain in their head to steer the ship for another 3 years. Why the hell would anyone get up in arms because Katter Party say they're going to protect industry 100%? Can anyone tell me a party in the last 30 years that have delivered 100% of what they promised? Don't bother replying scooter. I don't want to hear how much smarter you are. Seeing you started it by calling me retarded, leave it at that. I'll concede that you have the biggest willy.
10:29pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5598 posts
Bah, please. Besides you. (infi knows it was nothing more than a jab and Faceman and the ALP don't count) who have I 's***bagged'
I've only spoken the truth about Katter and McLindon.

It's not as simple as you or the KAP would like to believe. Real work economics don't word that way. They're complex. Very complex. The world isn't as big as it was 50 years ago. Hell, it's not as big as it was 5 years ago. Welcome to the global economy. Residents: Humans. We should all be working towards a better world, together. International relations might not seem that important to a state government, but QLD has some rather large ties with the international community. Ones that we should foster and grow for all our futures.

I agree that something needs to turn, it has for a while. Sadly ALP have been holding a steady course. Hopefully that will change with this upcoming election. It seems we agree with this, just not the best direction/person we should have at the helm.

I only considered you retarded because of your seemingly blind devotion to a specific Party. A party with a selfish leader, and a figure head that has no business in State politics. Preaching them as our saviours, without a full understanding on what issues might affect the vast population spread across Queensland.
(Also; From what I've unfortunately seen on the Internet, I'm on the average side.)

You either buy Australian to keep Australian jobs or you buy overseas and lose Australian jobs.

Also, Which jobs? Remember, <5.5% Unemployment rate in QLD at the moment.
10:45pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
12 posts
If KAP voters would be more likely LNP than ALP then they will also more than likely put a #2 next to LNP.
Was that your response?

We decide to go to war with another country? Don't you realize that we have all the things other countries want? They will make war with us if it happens. My neighbourhood started buying all their groceries from the newly opened Woolworths store. Strangely enough, the local convenience store went broke. I wonder why that was? Maybe that sort of thing doesn't happen in your lala land. Take your medication and go and have a lie down.
10:53pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5599 posts
Yeah, that was my response to Facemen saying that KAP voters would more likely preference LNP. So I basically said;
"If that is the case, as you say, then wouldn't they preference LNP anyway?"

You seem to be worried about other countries attacking us, which countries? Ones that we have good trading agreements with? (The ones that Buy out stuff and Sell stuff to us?) Wouldn't a mutually beneficial trade agreement, such as the ones we have, be better for them and us than war?
Why would they attack us?

I don't think there are that many countries out there that want to attack Australia. Let alone those that actually could... Scared of something that isn't a real threat (currently.)

Maybe that sort of thing doesn't happen in your lala land.

You're right. It doesn't. There are plenty of local continence stores that run an efficient business here. They not only survive but apparently make a profit. Without being able to look at the specifics of your local store, I couldn't possibly begin to understand why they went broke. Maybe they didn't offer a very good service, or charged too much for their goods.
11:01pm 06/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18493 posts
look Katter is never going to form a government, so the choice is pretty clear: do you want an LNP govt or an ALP govt? The ALP has failed. We are broke and busted. Time for a new govt, preferably not led by someone in a 10 gallon hat.
11:16pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
13 posts
Oh, scooter! This gets better all the time. A selfish leader? That's the only type. And do we need tarrifs? Do they help or hinder a country? Ask USA . I don't want to debate anymore because it's useless really. The thing is that we know what doesn't work and we need to boot the arrogant wasteful Labor party. That is a certainty. Who will replace them? That's for the people to decide. I'm all for trying something new. I ate curried prawns for years before I tried sweet and sour fish, and I found that to be quite nice. I just get upset when people on the opposite sides of the fence resort to name calling when someone has a different opinion. Are you smarter than me? Am I smarter than you? Who cares? If I see someone walk out in front of a bus, I don't call them a retard. Why would you call someone retarded when you have no idea of their mental capacity, their work and social skills or their life experiences? Albert Einstein didn't leave you in charge of the brain pool.
11:22pm 06/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8444 posts

haha you clown, what do you think happens when you go to vote ?
Have you ever Voted ?
You get handed how to Vote cards.

If The Katter Party says dont preference LNP/Labor you can bet the majority wont. If there is someone running in Ashgrove for Katter it may cost Newman the seat. I suspect a day or so before the Election Katters mob will do a deal with the LNp, maybe even only in some seats.

11:30pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
14 posts
We have the largest army base in Australia in Townsville. I don't know why the f*** it's here. I'll tell your mate Campbell to dismantle it as it's a big waste of taxpayers dollars. Does your steak grow in plastic bags in the supermarket fridges down there? It happens the old fashioned way up here.
11:36pm 06/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8446 posts
Its not a waste, those soldiers and the base would likely be contributing a lot of money to the economy of Townsville.

11:37pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
15 posts
And maybe protecting Australia? Why don't the government just have the soldiers there selling fairy floss? Scooter, you're the expert. Why the f*** are we spending billions on our defence? We're buying s*** from China and Indonesia. I'm sure they love us. Old scooter! He has the plan for us.
11:56pm 06/03/12 Permalink
Gesthemene
Brisbane, Queensland
750 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Abusive
12:18am 07/03/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2039 posts
We have the largest army base in Australia in Townsville. I don't know why the f*** it's here.

I suppose you expect everyone to fly from direct or Amberly too and from countries like Indonesia. not having a base in Townville would logistically cost more than not having it.
Also what if we get a repeat of world war II and you have all your eggs in Darwin and they get bombed?

I think hardware's Rock party is more appealing.
01:33am 07/03/12 Permalink
kr0wb4r
Brisbane, Queensland
980 posts
01:40am 07/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5601 posts
I don't want to debate anymore because it's useless really. you keep proving me wrong

I agree that Labor needs to go and am fully open to trying something new. McLindon isn't new to those of us in SE QLD though. He's been stuffing up things for a while.

I just get upset when people on the opposite sides of the fence resort to name calling when someone has a different opinion.

Your very first post directed at me was calling me a dill and assuming I didn't do any research into the KAP. You didn't resort to name calling, you started off with it. Also, I said infi was retarded, I only implied that you shared the same intelligence.

This is me, trying to stop you from throwing yourself in front of a Bus. I would probably yell at that person at the time too, or Crash tackle them. Tackling and/or yelling might seem harsh, out of context, but to save a life sometimes you have to raise your voice.

haha you clown, what do you think happens when you go to vote ?
Have you ever Voted ?

Well... most people go in without any information. Just a semi-idea of who they want to vote for without knowing why. Many (myself included) say 'No Thanks' to all the how to vote cards. People in the seats most likely to swing to the KAP would still be more likely (as you said) to preference the Old National Party which, I would hope, they know became the LNP. So even with KAP telling them not to preference I would assume most would rather LNP over ALP and mark their preferences as such.
I have voted many times now.

We have the largest army base in Australia in Townsville. I don't know why the f*** it's here. I'll tell your mate Campbell to dismantle it as it's a big waste of taxpayers dollars.

Did I say that anywhere? The world is still a pretty f***ed up place and I think Australia still has a large role to play on the world stage in peace keeping and relief. Also, you seem to be confusing Federal (Katter) and State (Newman) responsibilities again. Hint: Australian Army, not QLD Army.

Does your steak grow in plastic bags in the supermarket fridges down there? It happens the old fashioned way up here.

Some of my meat actually comes from a mates farm, it's only small though. Just over 700 head of cattle. He's in McLindons electorate too actually. He doesn't like him either. I grew up on an anchorage but besides some small stuff (a horse, few goats, chickens etc) we never would have called it a farm. I am a city boy now though. Live in Brisbane and work in Logan. Though Townsville is more of a 'City' than Logan. Most people from Brisbane wouldn't even count Logan as a city...
09:02am 07/03/12 Permalink
taggs
5940 posts
haha this Geoff guy is hilarious.

also, KAP's economic policies are about on par with the greens: xenophobic anti-free trade and anti-investment bulls***. even a cursory understanding of economics would show why enacting policies like protectionism ultimately hurts the Australian consumer.
09:37am 07/03/12 Permalink
blahnana
Brisbane, Queensland
752 posts
Having had disagreements with Scooter in the past, I just stopped by to say that he doesn't seem like someone who s***bags those who disagree with him.
09:58am 07/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18494 posts
Katter has said it himself, he would like our economic policy to return to the 1950s. Does that mean we also go back to watching Leave it to beaver and Mr Ed? It really is quite ridiculous:

- The introduction of a 10 per cent customs duty on all imports into Australia, including of course agricultural product (making food dearer for Aussies);

- Woolworths and Coles (currently holding nearly 90 per cent of the Australian food market) will, along with any other food retailer, be reduced to a maximum of 22 per cent market share (how would they even do this?);

- Farmers will be granted the same rights to collectively bargain as enjoyed by the rest of the Australian population – access to arbitration. This is particularly relevant in industries such as sugar and dairying. (unwinding all the deregulation of these industries which will increase the cost of this food to Aussies).

- Directs that all motor vehicles purchased under government contracts (maybe 20% of Australia’s car market) are Australian made. (anti-competitive and requiring government to buy vehicles which may not be the best value for the Aussie taxpayer.)

- Directs that all clothing for Armed Forces, Police, Prisons to be manufactured in Australia. (This will probably cost double what an imported uniform would cost.)

- A Supermarket Fairness Tribunal will be established to oversight anti-competitive behaviour, misuse of market force and particularly to ensure that no mark-up exceeds 75% (farm gate to retail, less processing). To ensure this, a display
of farm-gate prices will be put on all produce. (Another Commisar to tell us what we can and can't do - AWESOME.

The global economy has moved on. Katter doesn't want to embrace international trade, he just wants us to build a giant wall around our economy. (I guess he doesn't mind the cheap TVs though.)
11:07am 07/03/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12820 posts
infi: You missesd the one where they want to label any imported food products (in addition to taxing them higher) with a label that says it might be hazardous to your health. It's totally flag-waving bogan-pandering Australia f*** yeah!
11:17am 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
16 posts
Some of my meat actually comes from a mates farm, it's only small though. Just over 700 head of cattle. He's in McLindons electorate too actually. He doesn't like him either. I grew up on an anchorage but besides some small stuff (a horse, few goats, chickens etc)

You're a real man of the land scooter. Was it a seahorse? I think you're pulling your pud.
06:52pm 07/03/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12748 posts
Just weighing in to say that Geoff is wrong.
Your views are idealistic at best, dangerous at worst.
07:11pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2040 posts
Strange thing I noticed today that I have not seen any local candidates advertising themselves in conjunction with Anna Bligh. There are heaps of cando+local candidate but none for labor. Just found it rather ammusing the candidates themselves distancing themselves from Anna.

Anywho carry on Geoff bashing
07:28pm 07/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18498 posts
I have seen one out my way near Capalaba in a photo with Bligh. I will give the guy credit for that gutsy move.
07:34pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Triamks
Brisbane, Queensland
3468 posts
Strange thing I noticed today that I have not seen any local candidates advertising themselves in conjunction with Anna Bligh. There are heaps of cando+local candidate but none for labor. Just found it rather ammusing the candidates themselves distancing themselves from Anna.

That's not strange at all. PS You're looking at it backwards.

The LNP is trying to get elected on the back of Newman. They've tried to get elected in the past based on their policies and "brand" but the electorate repeatedly rejected them.

This time they're running a "presidential" campaign like Rudd did successfully in 07.

I recall at the last election all of the LNP signs I saw only had the individual candidate. After all, that is who you vote for...not the leader of the party unless you live in their electorate.

It's the total opposite to the line being pushed at a federal level by the Coalition who are claiming Gillard hasn't been elected by the people. Besides the fact she was, the Prime Minister has never been chosen directly by the people in this country.
07:40pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
17 posts
Thanks for the benefit of your wisdom teq. With 12748 posts, it seems you have an opinion on everything too. There appears to be a concentration of knowledge in Brisbane. Maybe you could join up with a couple of the other experts on here and do some good for the country instead of sitting behind your computer and telling the unwashed where they're going wrong.
07:40pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4442 posts
- A Supermarket Fairness Tribunal will be established to oversight anti-competitive behaviour, misuse of market force and particularly to ensure that no mark-up exceeds 75% (farm gate to retail, less processing). To ensure this, a display
of farm-gate prices will be put on all produce. (Another Commisar to tell us what we can and can't do - AWESOME.

this seems reasonable though? food is a vital resource and should have some sort of gouging protection, would also help make remote places more affordable to stay. the government isn't telling YOU what to do, its telling industry what it can do... and its been doing that since day dot?

even a cursory understanding of economics would show why enacting policies like protectionism ultimately hurts the Australian consumer.
care to elaborate? would it hurt us in all industries or just consumer electronics?

Strangely enough, the local convenience store went broke.
what Goeff sees: Wollies comes in and undercuts all local convenience store to destroy the competition.

the real situation: local convenience store was enjoying an exclusive market but wasn't able to remain profitable once the population density reached a stage where competition was viable. instead of putting in a lot of effort to restructure into something more competitive for a 20-30GP (instead of their 60+) they decided "I've made my easy money" and sell up, or possibly relocate.

Thanks for the benefit of your wisdom teq. With 12748 posts, it seems you have an opinion on everything too. There appears to be a concentration of knowledge in Brisbane. Maybe you could join up with a couple of the other experts on here and do some good for the country instead of sitting behind your computer and telling the unwashed where they're going wrong.
pro-tip, don't spout off or abuse someone without adding to the discussion, if i call you an idiot but add to the discussion, i won't get nuked/banned, however if the only point of the post i made was to abuse someone, like you've done above, its likely to get nuked and you will get post-limmited or cosidering you're attitude banned outright.

have your bitter arguments with randoms on the internet, but don't JUST bag someone out, because really that's pointless, and you don't have the history with the community to pull it off.

final point, the reason why everyone has such high post counts is because a lot of us have been here for many many years.

also Geoff, are you by any chance religious?

last edited by Captain Lateral at 19:58:33 07/Mar/12
07:51pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5605 posts
I'm not sure what I did to incur your wrath or mistrust Geoff. I never said I was a man of the land, but I do tend to spend a lot of time camping. Also, I saw a few Seahorses the other week, you can see them when you dive the Gold Coast Seaway. They're pretty cool. Obviously on the block we had a real horse though.

It's unfortunate that you have lowered yourself to only slinging personal attacks;
I just get sad when people on the opposite sides of the fence resort to name calling when someone has a different opinion.

Are there any KAP / LNP / ALP (Green?) policies you would like to discuss?
07:55pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2041 posts
last state election anna was shown in most billboards etc chanting the slogan strong team etc. This time none of that it`s simply the candidate
08:07pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
4941 posts
Geoff you're sure doing a bang up job proving you're not immature with those last few posts mate.

You really do seem focused on peoples post counts, I've always believed it is only those that are without that believe that size matters!
08:14pm 07/03/12 Permalink
FuBz!
Brisbane, Queensland
91 posts
Geoff,

What is your opinion on same sex civil unions/marriage?

Are you of the same opinion as Bob Katter?

Given you have only racked up 17 posts, and by your account those of this community are misinformed idiots based on their massive amount of posts, I am keen to be enlightened by your opinions on how other people should live thier lives.
08:37pm 07/03/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12749 posts
Thanks for the benefit of your wisdom teq.

no worries mate
08:46pm 07/03/12 Permalink
taggs
5941 posts
care to elaborate? would it hurt us in all industries or just consumer electronics?

directly hurts consumers in the protected industry as they have less choice and face higher prices - protectionism is essentially a benefit given to an industry at the expense of the consumer. indirectly hurts the entire economy as it causes the allocation of scarce resources to be sub-optimal.

i'm not going to tutor you in econ101 but if you google and understand the concepts of comparative advantage and specialisation you'll be a good portion of the way there.
08:50pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
18 posts
09:10pm 07/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8449 posts
Dont attack The Greens geoff.
09:19pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
19 posts
FuBz! No, I never said they were misinformed idiots. I said they must be experts on a lot of things. I don't know why you want to know my views on same sex unions. I'm not trying to impress anyone. But I'll tell you anyway. I'm all for couples who love and respect each other whether they're same sex or not.
09:37pm 07/03/12 Permalink
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
6029 posts
haha wow your the one huffing and puffing because no one here agrees with you Geoff.
You have not provided any reasoning for your Pro KAP statements, it's the same old bulls*** we see on TV this party bagging out another party. It's depressing these kids are running the country.

Give me positive reason to elect you otherwise stop being childish.
09:43pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
20 posts
Reason: Off-Topic
09:48pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
21 posts
haha wow your the one huffing and puffing because no one here agrees with you Geoff. You have not provided any reasoning for your Pro KAP statements, it's the same old bulls*** we see on TV this party bagging out another party. It's depressing these kids are running the country. Give me positive reason to elect you otherwise stop being childish.

I don't give a rats who you vote for. I stated my opinion as have a lot of others with differing viewpoints. I take offence when someone runs me down because I have an opinion. I have stated that Labor has ruined the state. I don't think that needs any qualification. I haven't put anyone down or told them they are wrong for siding with any other political party. It's a democratic country and everyone has the right to their opinion and to vote for whoever they want. Unless of course you're on this pro LNP site that censors opposing views.
10:00pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
4944 posts
Let's make the change. Katter's Australian Party. AUSTRALIAN PARTY for short.

2 weeks ago I joined the Katter's Australian Party. I bought a T shirt and I preach it wherever I can because we need someone with a bit of common sense to run our state

then

I don't give a rats who you vote for.

could have fooled me.
10:09pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5608 posts
Pretty sure your first post at me was calling me a dill.

Yeah, I commented my opinion on a State Member. One who wants to be state premier. Just the same as you saying 'he' (referring to Newman and the LNP) was "not up to it."
Then you attacked me, personally, someone who isn't running for a seat, let alone premier. All because I had a different opinion to you.

So far I can only see 3 political points you have brought to the thread:
1. LNP Registration Hike policy.
Has been proven False

2. All our jobs are going over seas. (Including Import of Food/Goods)
False. QLD is currently enjoying a very low, pretty sensational, Unemployment rate at the moment
We are still a net exporter of food
Our workforce has moved to different sectors, we haven't lost jobs simply changed them

3. Something about other Countries attacking us or us going to war with them.
Firstly... That's a federal issue, not a state based one. Secondly, there isn't any threat of war with any of our trading partners. Nor is a war on our own soil even likely in the near future.

infi has a very strong, and obvious, LNP Bias but he summed up the KAP policies and how/why they would be a (net) negative to the people of QLD. Argue his points, all our points. Don't argue the people.
10:18pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
22 posts
Fade2Black You seem to have a problem with people being allowed to have their own opinion. I have stated a couple of times that I wanted people to be aware of Katter Australian Party Policies. I have never dictated to anyone that they have to vote for the party I think is best. I've stated that it's a democratic country and everyone should make an informed decision on who they vote for. I haven't had a bad word for anyone because of who they want to vote for. I haven't told anyone that their ideals are wrong. I'm all for people voting for their choice, unlike a some others on this forum.
10:20pm 07/03/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4104 posts
I haven't had a bad word for anyone because of who they want to vote for.

uhuh.

* N U K E D * Reason: Abusive
10:22pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5609 posts
uhuh.

To be fair, Geoff's posts were pretty tame by QGL standards. They just were off topic and only contained ranting and personal attacks. Without trying to stay on the topic at hand;
State elections; How bad ALP would be if they got back in.
10:27pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
23 posts
To be fair, Geoff's posts were pretty tame by QGL standards. They just were off topic and only contained ranting and personal attacks. Without trying to stay on the topic at hand; State elections; How bad ALP would be if they got back in.

I reckon they'd be awesome if they get back in. Only $85 billion to recoup. That could be done with selling off some more prime agricultural land to dig a quarry in. After all, we can buy food from overseas. We can save $billions by getting rid of the defence forces, even though it is federal, it impacts on states. They could sell off all the state schools to China. Fly in workers from overseas and that. Move long term residents from the mining towns and quadruple the rent for new arrivals. It will be lovely until there is no coal or ore in the bottom of the pit. The mining companies will move out and leave a big hole in the ground and we won't even be able to grow a turnip on it. Doesn't matter. Cando Campbell will buy us some 4 bean mix from Chile, because they want to be our trading partners. Woolworths and Coles are our mates. After all when I saw that Atherton Tableland farmers were getting paid 20cents/kg for their potatoes, I did notice the supermarket price hover on $2.00 kg. Just remember to vote LNP everyone. They're the saviours. ALP are gone, KAP are clowns, I don't know the official status of the Greens or Independants yet.
11:00pm 07/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18499 posts
geoff there is no one forcing the farmers to sell their product for 20c/kg. they can leave the industry or sell to someone else. everyone has free choice.

and do you think that by forcing families to pay more for veges so they have a lower quality of life is the solution to this problem?
11:06pm 07/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8452 posts
Id rather see Pol Pot win the Election than more ALP.
I dont care who is in charge as long as Labor is gone.

Even if you are a dedicated ALP voter you cant reward them with more time, they have just f^&*ed up too many times.

11:18pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
24 posts
infi, you should get a grip on reality. I was on the tablelands 2 years ago. Drove past one farm gate with a sign "Free potatoes. Would rather you took them than Woolworths". Then this year they were getting 20 cents. There are agreements in place. Then if there is a glut on the market, farmers get 20cents and supermarket still sells for same inflated price. Leave the industry? Sure. That's a good option when your life is tied up there. Woolworths and Coles got the market tied up. They decide to put potatoes down to $1:50 Kg and put toothpaste up to cover it, farmers get less. No other shops to buy from, they have the market tied up. That's the way it really works. Ring a farmer on the Tableland or a milk producer and tell them your theory on monopoly and free trade.Better still go to their door and tell them. See if you escape with your life. Families paying more for veges? How is that? Subsidies to farmers like America has to protect their farmers? Do you know the price of fruit and veges there? Check it out. Half the price of here.
11:25pm 07/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18500 posts
So in the alternative I assume you are suggesting the Coles and Woolworths should make less profit? Why should they make less profit? I am well aware of the price of vegetables out at the farm gate, this is because a major cost of getting them to the supermarket is surprise surprise transport and then retail marketing cost. Rent in a shopping centre isn't cheap. If the farmer wants access to massive outlets of demand then they will sell to supermarkets located in the suburbs.

Who gets to decide what is fair profit? Is business now supposed to have its profits regulated by our all knowing all powerful idiotic government? Their shareholders won't be too happy with the government making such an arbitrary decision. Want to roll out the super profits tax to Coles and Woolies too. Any other sections of the community you want hate on while you are at it?

I have a complete grip on reality. I am a businessman operating in a market which has its prices regulated by government (aged care) and it sucks, big time. Subsidies cost the taxpayer, which means higher taxes.... Do you want to pay higher taxes, and which industries do you want to subsidise?

Capitalism may not work perfectly but the next best option is horrible.
11:34pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5610 posts
Not everyone here is just going to automatically vote LNP. Sure many think that's the best option at the moment... and lets be honest mate, you're not exactly doing an awesome job at selling the virtues of a KAP government to us.
You're ranting without many/any points and just attacking other parties, posters and myself.

Bringing up things (like the Army and Katter) which are irrelevant in a state election. It's McLindon's party you have to be promoting.

I'm all for farmers fighting to get a better deal for themselves. Not sure why they need the government to do it for them.
Shouldn't I, as a consumer, have a choice as to where I buy my potatoes from? Why should the government be telling me who I can buy from and how much I have to pay?
11:36pm 07/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8455 posts
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/priest-neil-joseph-byrne-gets-suspended-nine-month-jail-term-for-making-and-possessing-child-exploitation-material/story-e6freoof-1226292490959

What The Katter Partys plans for dealing with Pedos ?
I think The LNP are talking a two strikes Law.
I dont know if thats a solution but Im tired of hearing about repeat offenders getting out after 6 months and doing it again.
11:40pm 07/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
25 posts
Please scooter, lets get a couple of things sorted out. I expressed my support for the Katter Party. I said people should be aware of their policies. I said I was all for the Katter Party, that is my belief, as yours is for the LNP or whoever you feel an alliance to. I said I respect people's decision to vote for whoever they want. I'm not doing the Jehova Witness sell. I expect my view to be respected like yours. The ranting as you class it is in response to attacks on my beliefs. I forget how the army as well as other issues got brought into it. You're right, it has got little to do with it. I came into this forum to make sure people didn't dismiss the Katter Party , sorry, Katter's Australian Party because of the poor press it's been given. Yes, remember Pauline Hanson? A lot of people didn't believe in her, but a lot of people voted for her as a protest vote. Remember John Howard saying that it was a wakeup call for his government, and that he was going to start listening to what the people were saying? He did for about 3 days. KAP isn't perfect. LNP isn't perfect. This is my protest to Labor. You protest by voting LNP. That's good. That's your choice and this is my choice. Don't tell me I'm wrong and I won't tell you you're wrong.
12:14am 08/03/12 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4105 posts
But... you're wrong.
12:24am 08/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
26 posts
Well infi, I acknowlege that you are the all knowing, all seeing expert on How bad ALP would be if they got back in and I salute you my friend. I agree with all your ideas and have to apollogise for having any thoughts of my own. You're right. Subsidies are bad. I think we should have proper free trade here. If we imported foreign labour and paid them $3.50 an hour, we could have really cheap Australian products. We'd really be the lucky country then. It's not all that complicated when you get into it. It just comes down to dollars and cents.
12:27am 08/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
27 posts
But... you're wrong.

Tell me that you don't agree with my thoughts. Don't tell me I'm wrong unless you have facts to back yourself up. No maybes or could have beens. Show me proof.
12:33am 08/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18502 posts
geoff i bet you enjoy cheap tvs. they are made with $3.50 labor in china fyi.

or maybe we should put import taxes on everything and keep our tv industry in australia... of course tvs would cost $10,000
01:01am 08/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
28 posts
I see your point infi. You're a knowledgeable businessman and you're in a market regulated by the government. Maybe you should get out of the industry if you don't like it. But probably no one to take your place as not much unemployment in Queensland. There's plenty of money in the fresh produce market. Don't sell your spuds to Woolies. They'll give you next to nothing, but you can't blame them. They want to make a quid too. Sell them to someone else. Big dollars to be be made by primary producers when you know where to sell your produce. If they offer bugger all, just tell them your name is infi.
01:20am 08/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18503 posts
Nope I battle on in the industry I have chosen to operate in, I make a living by being faster and smarter and having a better product than the next bloke. And I don't whinge about how tough life is - I get over it and get on with it.

I don't expect the government to put some nice cushy barrier up to protect me :)

Edit: I will priviso that I am a dependent contractor of the government and get screwed on an annual basis as they index our rates of pay less than CPI each year. But hey that's life - the government are c****. You get used to it.

last edited by infi at 01:37:19 08/Mar/12
01:29am 08/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
29 posts
geoff i bet you enjoy cheap tvs. they are made with $3.50 labor in china fyi. or maybe we should put import taxes on everything and keep our tv industry in australia... of course tvs would cost $10,000

You're such a clever man. I have the TV I bought 15 years ago. It could have been made in Botswana for all I know, but it wasn't cheap according to todays standards. Just for your sake, I'll concede that you are right. No need for border protection, no need for protection for our workforce, just as long as everything is cheap, I'm for that. If the farmers whinge, f*** them, sell the land off to overseas interests who only want to dig a hole in the ground and f*** off. Of course noone wants to invade Australia. Let's gradually sell our farmers out. The meat and grains etc only come from the supermarket shelf anyway. Maybe if you spent a bit of time in the bush, you'd realize there are real people doing real hard jobs to keep that s*** on supermarket shelves. Real Australians. Your mates. Well, who gives a f*** who they are if you can get a kg of flour 10 cents cheaper? I'll tell you what infi, get off your arse and go and walk the Kokada Track. That will instill a bit of national pride in you. Queensland pride even. You depend on your mates and they depend on you.
01:46am 08/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
30 posts
Nope I battle on in the industry I have chosen to operate in, I make a living by being faster and smarter and having a better product than the next bloke. And I don't whinge about how tough life is - I get over it and get on with it. I don't expect the government to put some nice cushy barrier up to protect me :) Edit: I will priviso that I am a dependent contractor of the government and get screwed on an annual basis as they index our rates of pay less than CPI each year. But hey that's life - the government are c****. You get used to it. last edited by infi at 01:37:19 08/Mar/12

F*** me! I choked on my cornflakes. You don't whinge. You get over it. LOL. Well I wish you would.
01:50am 08/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
31 posts
The car indusry, clothing and footwear are subsidised. You don't work there, so f*** them. What happens if you work in IT and they send your job to India? What happens if they get foreign workers in to do your job? Don't tell me it can't happen. Going by your ethos, it will happen. Dollar = hungry. F*** everything and everyone else. The $ rules.
02:19am 08/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5611 posts
I think you'll find that many here do work in IT... and as you said many IT jobs have gone to India.
Do you know that the Australian IT dudes did? A better job. One worthy of a higher pay. Better product that was better for everyone (in Australia) involved.

You expressed your Views for McLindons KAP. I informed everyone of my views on what a weasel of a person McLindon is. I just had a few things, like past history of betrayal and poor performance as a local councillor, to back up my opinion. Your first post sounded very much like a JW sale. False information, fear mongering and asking us to get more information. The only thing you didn't have were pamphlets.

I don't think you're doing the KAP justice by comparing them to One Nation. Sure, both share some xenophobic policies and seem to be targeting the same demographic, but if I were in the KAP camp I would want to distance myself from One Nation. They didn't exactly fair very well in the long term... or legally.

I welcome you to tell me I'm wrong. I just want you to back that up with reasons and possibly evidence, like I have tried to do. We wouldn't get anywhere in this world if no-one was willing to say that the other guy was wrong.

infi is a LNP supporter, and even more so for the Libs nationally. Their party is always going on about Border Protection. Not sure where you got the idea he would be for opening up our borders. Me, I think the way we treat asylum seekers is woeful. There are heaps of other Visa dodgers (Students who over stay, People that are here on expired Holiday Visas) that we should be putting more effort into finding and sending back home. The people that come here via boat are usually from worn torn countries and have nothing but the clothes they wear. As a prosperous nation, we should do our part (nothing more) to help out.

We're all 'Real' Australians mate. Even the ones that wern't born here. You know what? We are all real People as well. I think a few people need to realise that and treat their kin, our human race, with a little more respect.
07:48am 08/03/12 Permalink
taggs
5942 posts
What happens if you work in IT and they send your job to India? What happens if they get foreign workers in to do your job?

you either adapt and out-compete them on quality or you learn new skills and sell your labour in a different market.

we live in a global economy and no amount of huffing and puffing is going to change that. what you are advocating is dramatically reducing the quality of life for the vast majority of Australians simply so people like you can be lazy and not worry about having to compete in a global marketplace.

how old are you geoff? being afraid of foreign competition is a little pathetic.
08:13am 08/03/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
2687 posts
Wow, where are all of the funny political pictures?
09:02am 08/03/12 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
12824 posts
we live in a global economy and no amount of huffing and puffing is going to change that. what you are advocating is dramatically reducing the quality of life for the vast majority of Australians simply so people like you can be lazy and not worry about having to compete in a global marketplace.
This. Your viewpoint is incredibly short-sighted Geoff. This arugment that we should hold on to inefficient industries because of... jobs -- dey tuk arr jerrrbbbs -- is pretty much the broken window fallacy.
09:13am 08/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18505 posts
geoff you sound like a real dinky di aussie battler. the one that sits at the end public bar in his 20 year old singlet, the one they interview in ACA as they sit at their kitchen table at home hanging on to a utility bill the outrages them most nights of the week. good onya cobber. it's just that you also sound like a typical aussie whinger who reckons by implementing a few taxes we can make the country better. we can't tax ourselves into wealth. gillard is going to feel the wrath of the public very shortly as well due to that attitude.

clothing and footwear have f*** all subsidies now. and yes cars should be next. the last thing we should be doing is ADDING subsidies and tariffs. don't talk to me about aussie pride MATE. i pay a s*** load of tax and employ a lot of people, so I do my bit.

good luck with Katter Party. they are a flash in the pan and I know they will struggle to win a solitary seat because they are populated by shortsighted yobbos like yourself.
09:28am 08/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
32 posts
geoff you sound like a real dinky di aussie battler. the one that sits at the end public bar in his 20 year old singlet, the one they interview in ACA as they sit at their kitchen table at home hanging on to a utility bill the outrages them most nights of the week. good onya cobber. it's just that you also sound like a typical aussie whinger who reckons by implementing a few taxes we can make the country better. we can't tax ourselves into wealth. gillard is going to feel the wrath of the public very shortly as well due to that attitude. clothing and footwear have f*** all subsidies now. and yes cars should be next. the last thing we should be doing is ADDING subsidies and tariffs. don't talk to me about aussie pride MATE. i pay a s*** load of tax and employ a lot of people, so I do my bit. good luck with Katter Party. they are a flash in the pan and I know they will struggle to win a solitary seat because they are populated by shortsighted yobbos like yourself.

I will take it that you don't tolerate anyone having an opinion different to yours.
Can't see why you'd get all flustered and try to categorize my lifestyle because you don't like Katter's Australian Party. That has no input to the subject. Neither has calling a lot of decent hard working people that you don't even know shortsighted yobbos.
Where is the moderator now? If that's not off topic and abusive, I don't know what is.
Yobbo or yob is a slang term for an uncouth or thuggish working-class person
07:53pm 08/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8476 posts

BILLIONAIRE casino mogul James Packer has backed maverick MP Bob Katter's state election gamble with a $250,000 donation in a highly unusual splash into Queensland politics.

Katter's Australian Party now has the support of three of Australia's most powerful men: Mr Packer, talkback king Alan Jones and advertising guru John Singleton.

The massive donation and an extra $50,000 from Mr Singleton gives the fledgling party a major financial shot in the arm as it prepares to field 76 candidates in the state's 89 seats in the March 24 poll.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/mogul-bets-on-katter/story-fnbt5t29-1226295954648

More money will give his Party more promotion, i think he can get close to 10 seats, but he will pull away the LNP vote.
12:34pm 11/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18519 posts
I will take any bet you want to make that he won't win 10 seats.

cheapest $250,000 packer ever invested. He will make 10x that in ad revenue from all the increased political activity and news headlines.
12:40pm 11/03/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2391 posts
well, i'm really really suss on can do,

I have a feeling that he is getting thrown under a bus by the LNP, and being used to get vote for the greater state,

and all the guff about him selling his businesses if he get in, yeah right
12:58pm 11/03/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9160 posts
went for a drive on the southside yesterday, noticed lots of Bob Katter stuff around

I thought he was like a 'joke' contestant, like the strippers that get put up, now I'm worried.
01:08pm 11/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8478 posts
Its pathetic what Labor are doing to Newman.

What about Merri Rose, Gordna Nuttal, Bill Darcy, then there are the rumours about Beatie and why he stepped down.

Labor can hardly campaign on their record.

getting thrown under a bus

haha love that saying.
01:35pm 11/03/12 Permalink
t
Brisbane, Queensland
172 posts
Ms Bligh has promised a $4,000 scholarship to all students who finish year 12

good idea blight, we've got wheelbarrows of cash lying around, how on earth shall we spend it all?
02:48pm 11/03/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4449 posts
on 17 year old's to waste on working out what they want to do for a living!
12:12am 12/03/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
778 posts
Ms Bligh has promised a $4,000 scholarship to all students who finish year 12

That is possibly the most retarded thing I've heard to do with money since Big Kev threw $900 at my to buy a HD TV...

Seriously, why not spend it on their education beforehand, or better yet, un-f*****g the health care system.
12:44am 12/03/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6404 posts
good idea blight, we've got wheelbarrows of cash lying around, how on earth shall we spend it all?
Which news article did you read? Every article I've read mentions the funding will come from coal seam gas royalties.
12:53am 12/03/12 Permalink
IncrEdible_vEgetable
Brisbane, Queensland
1986 posts
Holy s*** geoff, I can't tell if this is a wind up or not but it's by far one of the funniest things I've read on QGL for ages.

DEY TOOK EERR JAWWWWWWWWBS!!!111!

The only conclusion I can draw is that you, sir, are in fact Bob Katter himself and you have somehow used your heavily calloused knuckles to form words and sentences on what the kids are calling "the internet".

For the record IMO politics in Australia is a bit like Aliens vs Predator...whoever wins, we lose. But Bob Katter? Really? For the reasons stated above, the guy is widely considered a joke and rightly so. Hearing him speak for anything more than a minute on any topic is fairly irrefutable proof. Sorry but it's just ignorance that drives people like Katter, Hansen and the like, pure and simple.

The rest of us live in a global economy. If you don't want to be a part of it, that's your choice. But the world is moving forward not backward. It's called evolution.

Can I also put forward the theory that "geoff" is in fact a creation of some Katter supporter who has recognised the QGL/Google connection and is trying, like some other media outlets, ahem, to ride on the 'gamer's back' so to speak.

*hunches forward in anticipation of geoff's next foaming tirade*

01:41am 12/03/12 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2043 posts
Faceman if you honestly think Katter can get 10 seats go put your money where your mouth is because sportsbet is paying $40-1 for 6-10 seats.
01:52am 12/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18522 posts
haha^ it stuns me that the favourite bet for that is 2 seats. most analysts don't even expect the sitting KAP defecters will retain their seats.
12:38pm 12/03/12 Permalink
unclebobsticle
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
136 posts
ALL the parties suck balls. Kata is a front man, the party has a lot more going for it then the s*** he says.

Gotta love Australian politics and democracy. The people vote for a Prime minister and the party says f*** that lets go with this ranger.

Its a vicious cycle that will never change in Australia, LNP do a couple of terms, LP do a couple of terms. S*** goes back and forth, over and over to keep the country running smoothly.

But lets throw another party in the equation and holy s*** balls they get labelled straight away by the media and skeptics.

More parties = more say for everyone, DON'T just vote for a face or who your parents brain wash you into thinking you should vote for. Do some reading and pick for yourselves. We have too many people in this country that follow the heard!
01:02pm 12/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5629 posts
I hope so infi. One of my biggest hopes for this election, almost even above Labor losing, is to see McLindon lose his seat.

100% agree unclebob, people should vote for the person in their seat, that will best represent themselves. That requires research. I fuly urge everyone to research people like McLindon and the policies of the KAP. This will ensure they get even less votes than they might have otherwise.
01:07pm 12/03/12 Permalink
Sip
Brisbane, Queensland
509 posts
ALL the parties suck balls. Kata is a front man, the party has a lot more going for it then the s*** he says.

Gotta love Australian politics and democracy. The people vote for a Prime minister and the party says f*** that lets go with this ranger.

Its a vicious cycle that will never change in Australia, LNP do a couple of terms, LP do a couple of terms. S*** goes back and forth, over and over to keep the country running smoothly.

But lets throw another party in the equation and holy s*** balls they get labelled straight away by the media and skeptics.

More parties = more say for everyone, DON'T just vote for a face or who your parents brain wash you into thinking you should vote for. Do some reading and pick for yourselves. We have too many people in this country that follow the heard!

Best rant for the day imo.
01:35pm 12/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8490 posts
Well Katter has shot himself in the foot with that Anti-Gay Marriage rant.
That is just going to alienate younger voters and upset relatives of Gay couples.

Instead of running with Policies that he claims will help QLDers hes decided to bully minorities, whats next ? Muslims Mosques in Struggle Street ?

Hes effectively alienated a large chunk of Voters, for prolly a handful of swinging homophobic voters that he would have already had.
Dummy.

01:41pm 12/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
33 posts
The incredible vegetable has come to the only conclusion he can, then in a flash of brilliance, he came up with a theory as well. If he's right in either of them, then infi's assertion that I'm the one in the singlet at the bar must be wrong. Infi can't be wrong! Maybe you can't be wrong either? Best you have a chat to him vegetable brain and work out who rules the roost here.
08:35pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
5974 posts
ranga not ranger(texas)
08:43pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5647 posts
I think it's fairly clear that I do.

It's also clear to me that you are a genuine hard working Aussie bloke, that has sadly been misinformed and mislead. Your isolated existence has lead to your fear of the world around you and you see Katter as someone who can protect you from the unknown, which scares you.

Unfortunately for persons such as yourself, information in and about this world is ever increasing. Allowing the younger generations to break free of the shackles of ignorance and the past. The xenophobic and homophobic fears falling away with them. We are able to embrace our fellow humans as equals. We don't see immigrants or 'homos' we simply see humans.
People who deserve a fair go.
Something we're willing to give them.
08:48pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
34 posts
We are able to embrace our fellow humans as equals. We don't see immigrants or 'homos' we simply see humans.
People who deserve a fair go.
Something we're willing to give them.
Unless they have different political views to you, oh all knowing, all seeing, great master. You're clutching at straws again trying to pidgeon hole me Scooter. Why not stick to the general principle of a forum; discuss the subject and respect the opinion of others, be it right or wrong in your eyes?
09:12pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5648 posts
Nah, you were given a fair go Geoff.

I am unwilling to respect an opinion of hate and/or bigotry.
09:21pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
35 posts
Please point out these occurrences of hate and bigotry (mine, not yours) for the benefit of other readers.
09:43pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5649 posts
The KAP is a Homophobic and Xenophobic party. That's both bigotry and hate right there.
In my opinion, those who support and promote hate and bigotry are just as guilty of it.

You also still have yet to bring anything positive about the KAP that hasn't already been proven either incorrect or detrimental to the average Queenslander.
10:11pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
36 posts
In my original post I asked people to make themselves aware of KAP policies. From then on, I've been labelled this and that by people who are frightened of change. I've been told I'm an idiot, a shortsighted yobbo who sits at the end of the bar in a singlet and complains of utility prices on A Current Affair. You've told me I don't like gays and people from other countries. You say I've had an isolated existence that has sadly been misinformed and mislead. You say I need Bob Katter to come and protect me from the unknown that I'm afraid of. As I asked before, show the viewers where I've been intolerant of others. We can all see where you've been intolerant. Take your medication and calm down. We're not being taken over by aliens. It's just another political party and people won't be forced to vote for them. You can stand easy on that. People will have their own choice, so no need to get hysterical about it. Not many people seem to be commenting here anymore. Do you think maybe they want a balanced discussion instead of being dictated to by the commandant?
11:13pm 13/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8508 posts
A few days ago i was suggesting to ppl that they could vote for him instead of Labor and LNP. That was a mistake.
Im horrified by that video he produced, If i was a member of his Party I would have resigned.

11:21pm 13/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18537 posts
geoff do you support KAP policies?
11:23pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5652 posts
Your original post contained misleading / false information about a LNP registration policy. However it's because of you people read and became aware of the KAP policies, which then turned them against them. Information is ignorance's worst enemy.
It's fairly clear that the KAP isn't tolerant of others and their way of life. It's rather odd that you would come here and accuse me of the very same. While claiming to be tolerant yourself you support a party who isn't.

I think my posts have been rather calm and I have tried to provide an informed opinion. I have tried to space out my posts and thoughts. I have attempted to address the (few) actual issues you have raised. More than half of your posts, however, are nothing more than rants.

Pretty sure the reason that less people are commenting is because there is hardly anything new to discuss. I'm not dictating anything to anyone, simply pointing out the massive flaws in your (lack of) argument and the KAP policies.
11:29pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
37 posts
From what I see, KAP are for growing Australia's population through natural means and immigration. I would imagine they want workers to come to our shores, not loudmouthed layabouts. I see that they're not keen on gay marriage. I don't see that they want gays vilified. Maybe you should debate the matters with your nemesis, Aiden McLinden. I'm sure he'll set you straight. Oops! No pun intended there.
11:32pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5653 posts
From what everyone else sees the KAP is a Xenophobic party that wants to take QLD industry back to the 50's.
I would love for McLindon to take a more forward post during the campaign, he seems to have gone silent. Falling in line behind a Federal politician who has no business in State politics.

Also, implying that I'm gay... like it's an insult. Good one.
11:35pm 13/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
38 posts
infi, I like some of their policies and I'm not keen on others. I won't debate policies. If that's what you want, go to the Party leaders and talk to them. The whole crux of the matter here has been that a few don't want anyone to have a differing opinion. It's not about who's policies are best. That gets voted on at the ballot box and even then it doesn't guarantee the best party wins. But that's the system we have. In effect what you're telling me is that my opinion is wrong. Then you try to discredit me by making up little scenarios of what you think my life is. Do we have a democratic system that allows people to think and talk about what they like and vote in the party of their choosing, or do we have a dictatorship where we are told what to accept? Don't dare tell me I'm homophobic or xenophobic to justify your crusade. I've invited you to tell the audience where I've exhibited these feelings. NOWHERE! If you're gay, it's not an insult, because in previous posts I have stated that I don't give a f*** what anyone does as long as they're in a loving relationship.
In short, I want my opinion respected, as I respect yours. So I would suggest that if you're not open to other's ideas, you are smart arses who hide behind the homo xeno shield to justify their own prejudices.
12:01am 14/03/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6415 posts
I see that they're not keen on gay marriage. I don't see that they want gays vilified.
KAP is against gay marriage because it's an "attack on family values". They're making homosexuals into bogeymen.
12:02am 14/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
39 posts
From what everyone else sees the KAP is a Xenophobic party that wants to take QLD industry back to the 50's.

For f***'s sake, don't make stupid statements like that! EVERYONE? You mean you and a couple of associates.
12:06am 14/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
40 posts
KAP is against gay marriage because it's an "attack on family values". They're making homosexuals into bogeymen.

Is that any different to what has been the norm for other parties in the last 100 years?
12:09am 14/03/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6416 posts
Is that any different to what has been the norm for other parties in the last 100 years?
I never said KAP was the only homophobic party. Nice attempt to shift the goalposts though, maybe you should just admit you're wrong?
12:14am 14/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
41 posts
I never said KAP was the only homophobic party. Nice attempt to shift the goalposts though, maybe you should just admit you're wrong?

Sorry Mantorok. I don't understand about shifting the goalposts. I didn't have any goal posts to start with. What's with everyone on here blaming a contributor to the conversation? If you have a problem, go challenge the party. You say KAP not the only ones and that's what I was saying as well. I don't know what you want. If you're gay and you want to get married, I can't help you. I don't give a f*** either. Same as if you were a female pygmy suffering from tinea and wanted to climb Mt Everest. Get out and do it. Don't sit back and blame everyone else.
12:32am 14/03/12 Permalink
IncrEdible_vEgetable
Brisbane, Queensland
1996 posts
What's with everyone on here blaming a contributor to the conversation? If you have a problem, go challenge the party.

No one is blaming you for the party's policies. You have stated that you support KAP. In other words for the most part at least you agree with their policies. People are challenging the fact that these policies are relevant and in step with modern Australia. They are giving reasons why they feel these policies should not be implemented. You can't say you support something and then when someone disagrees, by way of defence say "oh don't blame me I'm just a contributor to the conversation".

Well, I suppose technically you can say that, but you look like an idiot.

Which is pretty much in line with Katter's MO so I'd say you have chosen the right party to represent you after all.

Carry on.
01:04am 14/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
42 posts

OK Mantorok, you're right. I'm wrong. I don't know what the f*** you're right about and what aI'm wrong about, but I feel a lot better now that I've unburdened myself. We have to hate Bob Katter, even though he has nothing to do with state politics. I need to follow you master. You are the all powerful one. If only you were in power over the last 20 years. Queensland wouldn't have gone from the most prosperous state to what we have now. If only gays would have been allowed to wed 20 years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess. We can turn the economy of QLD around. Vote Labor. They will allow gays to wed and we'll be on the road to recovery in no time.
01:05am 14/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
43 posts
Thanks for your advice vegetable head. I don't want to look like an idiot, so can you please give me some advice on the way I should think? I don't want to look like a silly billy in front of all you intellectuals. Is it Anna or Campbell I should be barracking for?
01:15am 14/03/12 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
4529 posts
The gays keep talking about why they can't get married and that's why the global economy is in the doldrums.

This thread delivers the laughs.
01:18am 14/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
44 posts
The gays keep talking about why they can't get married and that's why the global economy is in the doldrums. This thread delivers the laughs.

I know Dazhel. Don't you feel guilty about it? It's mostly our fault apparently. Oh, and Bob Katter and the KAP. It makes me feel sick in the guts to think that they can't get married. I think I should smack myself across the head.
01:25am 14/03/12 Permalink
IncrEdible_vEgetable
Brisbane, Queensland
1997 posts
I need to follow you master. You are the all powerful one.

/thread This Geoff bloke is blogging up a storm.

I'll tell you what infi, get off your arse and go and walk the Kokada Track. That will instill a bit of national pride in you.

A bit of bloody National Service would do these loudmouth layabouts the world of good too, eh Geoff? Get a dose of reality into 'em. Yeah, most of you lazy bludgers would have nver gutted a man while he lay on top of you and used his body cavity to keep your hands warm while Johnny Turk poked about, 3 meteres from your trench. Or carried your mate's head in a burlap sack back to his grieving wife and 3 kids from the Asia-Pacific theatre with two stumps for legs and a couple pieces in yer back that you didn't even feel. Kokoda? Geoff you're kidding aren't you? These know nothing scoff laws wouldn't last a day before they started mincing about trying to grab an queue-jumping shirt lifter on the bum and carrying on about "equal rights". If they want to be treated equally they should have thought of that before they became mincing poofters. Am I right Geoff?
01:31am 14/03/12 Permalink
IncrEdible_vEgetable
Brisbane, Queensland
1998 posts
Thanks for your advice vegetable head.

Oh snap.

Geoff. Throwing acid burns in the face of bloggers since yesterday.
01:44am 14/03/12 Permalink
taggs
5947 posts
I won't debate policies.

then what is the point of entering a debate about politics then you moron?

here's how this thread has gone down:

geoff: KAP are great, you guys should check them out!

qgl: we know about them and their policies are retarded

geoff: wah wah wah, i'm going to throw a tantrum because you guys didn't react the way i wanted you to!!@$

The whole crux of the matter here has been that a few don't want anyone to have a differing opinion.

you're the only one who's having a sook because people don't agree with you.

the ironing is delicious.
08:26am 14/03/12 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
5654 posts
I won't debate policies.

Then you're not really really to contribute to the actual discussion.
It's not about who's policies are best.

Umm... that's kind of EXACTLY what an election is about.
08:35am 14/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18538 posts
geoff, katter sure has injected himself into state politics whether we like it or not. he ran the gay ad for starters.
08:55am 14/03/12 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
5824 posts
I know Dazhel. Don't you feel guilty about it? It's mostly our fault apparently. Oh, and Bob Katter and the KAP. It makes me feel sick in the guts to think that they can't get married. I think I should smack myself across the head.

Why is it wrong to let two guys marry? There is no longer the need for religious beliefs in a modern world, no one needs nor has to care about the old ways any more, we have adapated and become a better world. All it is, is a piece of paper saying "yep, these two are together now". The homosexuals want more freedom, and less constriction. Why do you deny them that? Because you're afraid that if you let gays get married, suddenly you will wake up and be gay yourself? That you will be doing gay walks in the park? That you will be having gay dinner with your kids?

It's a piece of paper, it doesn't need to be done in a church, it won't affect you, and it will allow everyone to be equal, something that should have been set in stone to begin with.
09:30am 14/03/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8736 posts
Ok, if you were an employer and these two resume's hit your desk, who would you hire?Campbell Newman would be starting tomorrow and Kate Jones would be back at Sarina Russo's updating her CV.

ahhaha spidz some of those comments are gold
12:19pm 14/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18541 posts
f*****g lol vegetable
12:58pm 14/03/12 Permalink
Geoff
Townsville, Queensland
45 posts
I'm spitting the dummy and leaving now boys. If after Bruce and Cyril get married, the economy booms, the health system fixes itself, the Bruce Highway gets upgraded and the treasury gets back into the black, or anything else that's good for the state happens, please drop me a line.
12:59pm 14/03/12 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
18542 posts
Thanks for dropping by geoff. You can be rest assured that in some small way by posting on an internet forum you helped to make the world a better place. By better I mean less tolerant of the gay community. Have a good day! :)
01:10pm 14/03/12 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
12103 posts
I'm spitting the dummy and leaving now boys. If after Bruce and Cyril get married, the economy booms, the health system fixes itself, the Bruce Highway gets upgraded and the treasury gets back into the black, or anything else that's good for the state happens, please drop me a line.

You're being very silly now.

The voters expect candidates and parties to be able to put forward an action plan for a wide variety of policies, social and otherwise. Tying bum chum marriage to the bruce highway improvements is a ludicrous evasion.

KAP is against marriage equality, that's all you need to say.
01:14pm 14/03/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9194 posts
12:27pm 15/03/12 Permalink
Blueforge
Brisbane, Queensland
3 posts
Classy.
12:36pm 15/03/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2419 posts
Ok, if you were an employer and these two resume's hit your desk, who would you hire?Campbell Newman would be starting tomorrow and Kate Jones would be back at Sarina Russo's updating her CV.

yet I think if blighs and newman both went to an interview based purely on our they talked to people, and presented others views, anna would win (based on my deals with both people on multiple accounts and times)
12:46pm 15/03/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
8514 posts
Well The CMC said Newman is not being investigated so those Ads from Labor are really Libelous Slander.
Newman says he wont take Legal Action, hes a Top Bloke.

UR GOIN DOWN BLIGHT
02:02pm 15/03/12 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
12418 posts
I walked past Campbell Newman yesterday. He was giving a speech to a couple of cameras near Roma Street Station. It was fail, as in the middle of his speech and train went past tooting its horn and generally being really loud. I wonder if they did a re-take of that.
It must have been a boring speech because about 3/4's of the people attending stared at my friend and I as we walked past, we where the only ones walking that way lol
02:15pm 15/03/12 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
9196 posts
Yeah I'm always seeing Campbell. When he announced he was running for premier I lived in a unit complex on a corner, and he'd stand outside it a few times waving to cars. Really weird coming home to have Campbell standing out the front. Plus I was selling the joint, so I was a bit annoyed he was blocking the real estate sign.
02:28pm 15/03/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:28pm 15/03/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.