We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Nissan to rejoin the V8 Supercars in 2013
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12482 posts
NISSAN will join the V8 Supercars Championship in 2013 and become the first new manufacturer to enter the sport under its new ‘Car of the Future’ rulebook.

Kelly Racing has signed with Nissan to become the company’s factory team and will run four cars next year from their Melbourne workshop.

The team will have the full support of the giant NISMO Nissan Motorsport organisation.

Source article

http://i.imgur.com/QD2sJ.jpg
08:24pm 09/02/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:24pm 09/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12483 posts
Bogans everywhere must be raging against the machine
I personally can't wait - should liven things up a bit from the "good ol' days"
08:30pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
19348 posts
nissan will dominate all
08:42pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Ospi
Brisbane, Queensland
356 posts
Cept they won't because it's tightly regulated. Any real performance differences on the track will be down to which team is able to modify various componentry best within the new regulations, it will have nothing to do with what badge is on the front of the cars.
08:48pm 09/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12484 posts
it obviously wont be like the good old days where Nissan ran GTRs (AWD) and turbos but you wait, if Nissan start dominating again the holden/ford loyalists will cry a river so deep and so wide you could shipwreck an r33 in it
08:59pm 09/02/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
16259 posts
sick

a reason to watch, if not purely to see bogans cry if nissan wins something
09:07pm 09/02/12 Permalink
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
6003 posts
holy moly this is awesome, will definitely make it more interesting.
And give it more credit as an organisation in my opinion.
09:15pm 09/02/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5188 posts
V8 super cars take the next step into becoming australia's NASCAR.
09:17pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Boxhead
Brisbane, Queensland
12289 posts
But Nascar is awesome.. Top Gear told me this very thing earlier this week
09:21pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4379 posts
it obviously wont be like the good old days where Nissan ran GTRs (AWD) and turbos but you wait, if Nissan start dominating again the holden/ford loyalists will cry a river so deep and so wide you could shipwreck an r33 in it
with what excuses? I thought ford shut down their manufacturing shop in Australia recently?
09:24pm 09/02/12 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
5190 posts
Top Gear told me this very thing earlier this week
I know I watched it, and in many ways, their point is valid. Either way, whatever you believe, nascar is a lot better than V8. But then again I dont' watch either because of the lack of interest.

I'll watch the f1 though, figure that out :s
09:25pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Ivonin
Brisbane, Queensland
1000 posts
I'm going to waste my 1000th post on this.

Until they go back to throwing real cars around the track, I'll still be uninterested. F*** it, why not throw Rolls Royce or even Mini in there with the same engine as everyone else runs?

Nissan is just shell, the rest of the s*** is standard across all platforms. It's retarded.

F**** me off to no end. I want the days back where what I saw crossing the line was the same car (be it a bit modified) that I could go down and buy the next day.

/rant
09:27pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Captain Lateral
Brisbane, Queensland
4380 posts
Either way, whatever you believe, nascar is a lot better than V8
In what way is NASCAR better than the V8s?
09:27pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Ospi
Brisbane, Queensland
357 posts
I'm going to waste my 1000th post on this. Until they go back to throwing real cars around the track, I'll still be uninterested. F*** it, why not throw Rolls Royce or even Mini in there with the same engine as everyone else runs? Nissan is just shell, the rest of the s*** is standard across all platforms. It's retarded. F**** me off to no end. I want the days back where what I saw crossing the line was the same car (be it a bit modified) that I could go down and buy the next day. /rant

Go watch something else which tickles your fancy then? V8's attracts a s***load of people and it's good hard racing.

with what excuses? I thought ford shut down their manufacturing shop in Australia recently?
Where did you get that info from? They will be around, both the assembly and the engine plant until at least 2016.
09:34pm 09/02/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10013 posts
I thought ford shut down their manufacturing shop in Australia recently?
Negative

Good luck to Nissan for joining in on the clone model sticker pack race.

Same chassis, same horsepower, same transmission. What does the brand have to do with anything? Naught.

How long until we see this again?
http://mrcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/MrCarGTRBathurst01.jpg
09:35pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Ivonin
Brisbane, Queensland
1001 posts
Negative

Good luck to Nissan for joining in on the clone model sticker pack race.

Same chassis, same horsepower, same transmission. What does the brand have to do with anything? Naught.

How long until we see this again?
http://mrcarblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/MrCarGTRBathurst01.jpg

Good to see someone else who thinks the same.
09:38pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
1384 posts
09:39pm 09/02/12 Permalink
casa
Brisbane, Queensland
4466 posts

Surely they needed something to revamp the franchise, people haven't watched V8s since it was good*.

* it was never good.
09:39pm 09/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12485 posts
in what world does having a close race not equal great racing?
what in the actual f*** are you fairies whinging about here, that it comes down to driver skill instead of which team has the most money?
09:40pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1851 posts
What happens when NASCAR drivers turn right?
Marcus Ambrose wins.

For years when the V8s ar eon my mates have asked me who do you go for? i always said nissan/mitsubishi/toyota insert other non bogan make.

will be interesting
09:52pm 09/02/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10016 posts
who's the angry bogan now teq
09:53pm 09/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12486 posts
you by the sounds of it, crying that the racing would be "boring" because it comes down to driver skill
obviously a typical ford fan upset that they dont run lpgnissan are back in the running
09:58pm 09/02/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10017 posts
i haven't followed the format since the race cars started having a different wheelbase to the roadgoing cars, about a decade ago. I currently own a nissan fyi.
10:01pm 09/02/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
6489 posts
sick

a reason to watch, if not purely to see bogans cry if nissan wins something

agreed. even if they are all the same s***** boring cars.
10:02pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
5903 posts
news is they will be using the V8 out of the GT500 gtr, and they will be able to unleash it. OHC motors allowed but all motors capped around the 650hp mark apparently
10:28pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
6489 posts
This baffles me - Nissan are in yet Toyota are not?
10:31pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1854 posts
This baffles me - Nissan are in yet Toyota are not?

ft86 v8 YES PLZ
10:34pm 09/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12488 posts
Damo makes a good point

That 650 horsepower limit might seem like it makes the whole thing a big snooze fest, but throwing an OHC motor into the mix with a bunch of big dumb pushrod motors is like throwing a cat in with the hens
if they can make that 650hp a few hundred RPM quicker or longer than the holden/ford crews it could be a completely different race
10:40pm 09/02/12 Permalink
m3nt4l
Brisbane, Queensland
2337 posts
Usually Ford or Holden head in one direction, I mean one might be a little quicker in the corners, and the other a little faster in the straights, this will mix it up a bit.
10:42pm 09/02/12 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
12489 posts
I should mention, I can't find any verifiable source for the overhead cam claim so I may have to redact my previous post
It seems pretty likely that if Nissan were to run an OHC motor that Holden & Ford would too

either way, tech improvements can only be a good thing for the sport
10:55pm 09/02/12 Permalink
BOHEMION
Brisbane, Queensland
470 posts
People seems to be ignoring the fact that Crysler are also expressing interest in the V8 Supercar series.

Look

11:03pm 09/02/12 Permalink
sCOOBY
Brisbane, Queensland
4431 posts
hi5 skythra, nascar effing rocks, but our v8s rock also. a level playing field is key.

+ complaining about 'cars being all the same' ... well, if the cars werent all the same, then cars with one particular strength at that track would drive off into the distance.... 'blueprint' cars mean everyone has the same bat and ball to play with, and the best drivers and engineers get rewarded. hence jamie W and triple 8 dominating so much.

the most road-relevant racing series has to be BTCC/wtcc, with mainly FWD cars vs a handful of rwd bmw's which are handicapped to make things more even... and the racing is awesome!

anyway back to nascar...
nothing comes close to the speed and danger of a drafting pack of nascars bump drafting each other along at 200mph, makes me so tense just watching.

anyone who says 'oh its boring turn left lol' is broadcasting their lack of understanding of race driving.

hence why jimmie johnson, arguably the most well-spoken, articulate and least redneck of all has won the title 5 times in a row.

last edited by sCOOBY at 23:19:54 09/Feb/12
11:16pm 09/02/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1855 posts
Is the Nissan make being tuned by Nismo?
11:33pm 09/02/12 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
7756 posts
Lets add grid iron or soccer players to state of origin.
12:05am 10/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2210 posts
meh, imo the whole "car of the future" project is just a gay blend between nascar and dtm,

all (ALL) the car will have the same frame and engine, to me, that make the "makes" (be it Ford, Nissan, Holden or Chrysler) point less as only the badges and headlights will be from those cars,

bring Back group A

imo there are two types of racing, (some formats blend the two styles)

the kind that has a strict format, with very little technological development, the race is decided but luck, team work, and driver skill, as all other things are equal (much like HQ's, formula ford, and one mark series

then there is the kind that has a rule book, and the car makers have to use their cars AND it's components to comply (F1 falls into this, as does rally, the old group a)

the second kind is not only entertaining, but it helps the R'n'D of the cars we drive

no matter how far you push a pushrod V8, and no matter how much money you spend on development to make that V8 use less fuel, or make more power, it is very unlikely that any of theat development will find its way to your car

spend the same amount of effort on a car that will be the basis of your next race car, and let the good times roll!
04:40am 10/02/12 Permalink
qmass
Queensland
10288 posts
Lets add grid iron or soccer players to state of origin.
Look at this tard advertising how little he knows about motor racing.
06:33am 10/02/12 Permalink
Habib
Brisbane, Queensland
351 posts
about time they got rid of the pushrods

bring Back group A

This. Also, bring back Group B and Group C while you're at it >:D
07:04am 10/02/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1859 posts
Car if the future will will have the seperate makes characteristics of the body but yes the chassis, engine , (contract extended til 2017) will all be the exact same
08:06am 10/02/12 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
8631 posts
It was better back before everything was 'the same' was more of an incentive for the car companies to make huge improvements to their cars so they could destroy the others one year and be the 'best'.
Now its just who has the deepest pockets and employs the best driver
01:31pm 10/02/12 Permalink
Gabby
Townsville, Queensland
504 posts
The car will be an Altima next year. Also Chrysler is joining too. See
here
http://newautovehicle.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/2012-nissan-altima-hybrid.jpg

last edited by Gabby at 23:14:36 10/Feb/12

Edit: F*** I'm tired.

last edited by Gabby at 23:15:52 10/Feb/12
11:12pm 10/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2230 posts
the more I think about it, the less sense this makes (from nissans standpoint at least)

here you have a set format that contains rear wheel, four door, V8's, based (loosely) on a car that you can get here, and now,

I know plenty of yobs that have a firm belief that the car they drive has some loose connection with the car they drive, being that they have a rear drive, four door, V8, (and the fact that they could drop 80k on a car that is ""close"" to the race car is also a big boost)

hell there are plenty of people that praise their SV6, after all, it is like the supertourer, but cheaper to run, and so the halo effect filters down the car, (think lancers, and WRC best thing for the brand, and the amount of cars they sold because they "are just a few bits away" from the rally car is massive)

Nissan has.....................
if they base the race car on the GTR, they are unlikely to pick up any sales (out of reach, and the GTR is already well represented in other race formats, and in video games etc)

the altima (which I think is the old bluebird) is not only a mid sized car (or it was at least) but it is more a camry, than a race car,
front wheel drive, wrong sized, and no halo car to buy (no model close to the race car is feel, sound, or look)

Chrysler makes more sense as they can offer all of the above, and they can lay two big black smokey lines, something that show grunt power, and the fact these people think a crown larger is a posh drop
05:00pm 12/02/12 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
16275 posts
they could have used the latest V37 or whatever 4 door skyline chassis and shell but they don't sell it here

i think the maxima uses that chassis and shell, it looks pretty similar you can see it has the same cut out tail lights
05:17pm 12/02/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
2233 posts
pave, they will not be using chassis, shells or any of that, it will be body panel's so that the car LOOKS like what ever nissan "use"

it still lacks anything halfway sporty anymore (or at least on sale here) that isn't over 100k
05:23pm 12/02/12 Permalink
Timmeh
Brisbane, Queensland
1869 posts
Nissan are represented in nearly every single motorsport category they are able to compete in. Lemans, GT. drift, etc.
I see this as nissan broading their potential market. I think that Nissan will use a hybrid mix of already available shelss and panels to create some murant nissan race car, then release a street version so you too can be a Nissan V8 fanboy and blow 80k on the street version like copious mentioned with the falcodores.
05:58pm 12/02/12 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
739 posts
ft86 v8 YES PLZ

Hells yea, but good luck shoe-horning a 5lt V8 into that small car body :P

(I guess they did similar with the old 70-80's Capri's...)
06:19pm 12/02/12 Permalink
Keato
Melbourne, Victoria
475 posts
I'm looking forward to it.
I like it all, I go to the V8's series and the F1.

I'm keen to see the Nissan's in, its all flavour.
08:58am 13/02/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:58am 13/02/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close