We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Recommend me an interstate removalist
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
17647 posts
Yay, and opportunity to make my own recommend thread. So due to work and s*** I'm moving back to Brisbane for a while, and I need to get all my stuff carted from Melbourne to Brisbane, so was wondering if anyone has recommendations for a good, reliable interstate removalist. While I don't want to be ripped off, price isn't as much of a factor as just getting someone who isn't dodgy and is going to do a good job of handling my stuff, don't want all my expensive s*** to turn up at the other end f***ed.
12:03am 29/10/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:03am 29/10/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1305 posts
maybe call DHA and see who they are currently using,

I've done a few moves over time, (being an army brat and all), and the only only I would avoid is crown, a whole heap of s*** was missing boxes, or not there (on a truck that was 5 days late, and was supposed to be a direct delivery, house to house, but clearly wasn't, left on one truck, showed up on three, and everything (that was delivered) had clearly been gone through, biggest piss off factor was the old man lost a heap of plaques and everything, from the various sgts messes and units he's been involved in for 30 odd years)

grace wasn't too bad,

all that said, it has been years, and the whole lot might have changed now
12:44am 29/10/11 Permalink
RockitMan
Brisbane, Queensland
6268 posts
Backloads.
01:06am 29/10/11 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
11332 posts
Backloads.

:D

This will never get old, haha.

http://f***backloads.com/blog/
01:24am 29/10/11 Permalink
teq
Brisbane, Queensland
11876 posts
lols backloads

if you have some cash to burn and dont really want to do anything yourself, try Grace Removals
they're the business in the removals world
01:52am 29/10/11 Permalink
awsum
Melbourne, Victoria
1 posts
Did you find a good removalist?

I have no idea about costs. I'm curious if it would sometimes be better to sell a few heavy things before moving

Also, I thought the Melbourne job market would be better than Brisbane? (friends have moved there for career opportunities)
09:39pm 04/11/11 Permalink
sleepy
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
2074 posts
PM sent.
10:47pm 04/11/11 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
7415 posts
I used Wridgeways and they were very awesome.
10:54pm 04/11/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
17681 posts
Also, I thought the Melbourne job market would be better than Brisbane? (friends have moved there for career opportunities)

It probably is, I'm not moving to brisbane to look for a job, I already have a job doing some contract work for a mob in Brisbane, that I was doing from Melbourne, but what started as a small-ish 12 month contract has ballooned out into something a lot bigger, so now its just going to be more convinient to be based back up in Brisbane for a bit. Theres a few personal reasons too, family related stuff, just makes sense atm.

Thanks for the PM's sleepy, I'll have a read and get back to you tomorrow. Sounds good though, cos everything I've looked at so far has been mega expensive. Almost be cheaper to sell my stuff and buy new stuff compared to the cost some companies ask to move it.
11:12pm 04/11/11 Permalink
awsum
Melbourne, Victoria
3 posts
You could also consider putting your furniture (I assume that is the expensive stuff to move) into storage / or a friends place if you weren't sure about how long you were going to stay in Brisbane for and move into a share / or furnished place

Lots of options depending on your situation

You could also sweet talk your boss and see if they are willing to help out a bit with moving costs considering it will help the business having you in Brisbane
11:28pm 04/11/11 Permalink
fade
Brisbane, Queensland
7022 posts
Backloads.

Beaten
11:33pm 04/11/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
1444 posts
beaten by like 5 days dude
12:36am 05/11/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:36am 05/11/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.