We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
We go hands-on with Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed game, Unity, to see what all the revolution fuss is about
Assassin's Creed: Unity Hands-On Preview
Elijah Wood's final day on LoTR
Mantis
Brisbane, Queensland
1078 posts

Never really thought about it, but i'd imagine making such an epic trilogy and spending so much time with the same people, it would be quite hard/sad for it to come to an end.

Especially for someone like Peter, who obviously put all their heart/soul into this project and it's a huge part of their life.

Wonder if any other trilogies (or even single movies) have had the same affect on the actors and directors. I'd imagine Star Wars might have. From what i have seen they all got along well and were close friends.
02:08pm 18/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:08pm 18/01/13 Permalink
Pharcyde
Kilos
Brisbane, Queensland
521 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Off-Topic
02:09pm 18/01/13 Permalink
reso
I can't read
Brisbane, Queensland
878 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Off-Topic
02:29pm 18/01/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10687 posts
Just an interesting anecdote, about Jaye Davidson who played Ra in Stargate:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/02/Ra_stargate_film.JPG

After his last shot on the film, he furiously removed his uncomfortable costume and stormed off set naked (everyone had already seen his c*** in The Crying Game), and quit acting.

02:44pm 18/01/13 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20547 posts
I don't read reddit, so I like that QGL filters out the crap and the stuff worth reading or watching gets reposted here. Don't think there'd be many trilogies like LOTR though cos the whole thing was filmed back to back without a break between the three films.
02:47pm 18/01/13 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5702 posts
Closest I can think of is J.D and Turk in Scrubs vs Zach and Donald in real life. They're really good friends both on the show and in real life and I guess it shows when youre watching.
02:56pm 18/01/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16522 posts
Wonder if any other trilogies (or even single movies) have had the same affect on the actors and directors. I'd imagine Star Wars might have. From what i have seen they all got along well and were close friends.

the hobbit movies.
03:04pm 18/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22102 posts
I'd like to see Ledger's last day of acting on the set of Dark Knight.
03:06pm 18/01/13 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1142 posts
Wow that was a really cool little video. I can't imagine how hard that it must be to walk away after working that closely with people for so long. Incredible. Cool video man, thanks.
03:37pm 18/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:37pm 18/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.