Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
Fall TV Shows consolidated thread
mongie
Brisbane, Queensland
7612 posts
Here I will build a list of the shows we are watching this season.

Post yours and I'll add them to the list.

Show Name - Stars out of 5 - Description

Partners - * - Pretty terrible sitcom about two friends. Watch at your own risk.

Revolution - *** - Seems OK so far, certainly not as good as I imagined it would be. Everything electronic stops working and miltias form etc... The girl who plays Charlie the main character is hot.

Ben and Kate - ** - Not as bad as Partners, but still not that great, I might try a little more. About a brother and sister (adult) who are weird and their crazy hijinks.

Go On - *** - Seems pretty good, has Matthew Perry as main character. His wife dies, and show is about his experiences with group therapy.

The Mindy Project - **** - Created by and Starring Mindy Kaling (Kelly from the Office) its a medical sitcom. I've only watched a few eps, but its not bad.

Last Resort - *** - Looks ok - I've only seen two eps so far, so its hard to tell. About a US nuclear sub who receive orders to bomb Pakistan and refuse, then become the target of their own Country. Requires more viewing to decide if its ok.

Vegas - **** - Michael Chiklis and Dennis Quaid are in this, and I'd say its probably the best show of the season that I've watched so far. About 1960's Las Vegas. Awesome.
08:39am 27/10/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:39am 27/10/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34453 posts
no room for new shows:
still watching
the office (just)
parks and rec (good as ever)
modern family (still good)
new girl (hanging in there by the thinnest of threads)
soa (awesome)
dexter (fading fast)
30 rock (ok)
and if i have any spare time after that, the wire
09:10am 27/10/12 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10374 posts
what the f*** is fall
09:12am 27/10/12 Permalink
mongie
Brisbane, Queensland
7614 posts
ITS THE NAME OF THE TV SEASON IN AMERICA
09:28am 27/10/12 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
5128 posts
simply cannot stomach new girl
09:30am 27/10/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16084 posts
elementary is pretty good so far.
09:45am 27/10/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3563 posts
Autumn. Enjoying new red dwarf and Grimm
09:49am 27/10/12 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1410 posts
what the f*** is fall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn

Autumn or fall (/ˈɔːtəm/ /ˈaːtəm/ or /fɔːl/ |/faːl/ respectively) is one of the four temperate seasons. Autumn marks the transition from summer into winter, in September (Northern Hemisphere) or March (Southern Hemisphere) when the arrival of night becomes noticeably earlier.
10:01am 27/10/12 Permalink
HurricaneJim
Brisbane, Queensland
1247 posts

soa (awesome)

Indeed it is....slap Gemma...
10:14am 27/10/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil
Wynnum, Queensland
21018 posts
The US version of The Inbetweeners is werth checking out. I figured it was going to be horrible but it's quite funny.
10:18am 27/10/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20823 posts
simply cannot stomach new girl

I love Zooey Deschanel (not in that creepy stalker way) but yeah, I can't watch that show either. I tried, really I did.
what the f*** is fall

The time of the year when the leaves fall off the trees. Don't we call that Autumn?
10:24am 27/10/12 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2844 posts
Yeah Elementary has been good so far, another modern day Sherlock with Lucy Lui as Watson and the dude from Hackers as Sherlock.

Arrow has been ok but it's really one of those shows I think you need to reserve judgement on until it has played out it's season. It's based on a comic book or some s***, maybe comic book people will get a lot more out of it but then again maybe having a preconceived notion of what the story should be might ruin it for them if it deviates too much.

I've given up on Revolution, I might get back to it at some point but at this stage it just isn't good enough to make me want to watch it. Last Resort is better but I'm a few eps behind in that as well.

Vegas has been good so far and I've enjoyed Go On, the only non-new show I've been watching is SoA which has been great this season so far.
10:46am 27/10/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9461 posts
Vegas is ok, got the guy from the Shield (vic mackey)
The SFX are incredible, theyve recreated Las Vegas from the 60s.
Similar to what they did with Boardwalk Empire.

I like Homeland and Kelsey Grammars Boss. he is really good in it.
and of course The Walking Dead.

Foxtel has signed a deal with HBO meaning HBO content will premiere in Australia only hours after it debuts in America.

11:07am 27/10/12 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3519 posts
What about The Walking Dead season 3. No #1 on my hit parade.

At least until GoT is back.

What's soa?
11:10am 27/10/12 Permalink
Nakor
Brisbane, Queensland
3171 posts
Sons of Anarchy
11:49am 27/10/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3564 posts
How does that deal work with the Australian censorship board?
11:54am 27/10/12 Permalink
Zoidberg
Brisbane, Queensland
91 posts
The b**** in apartment 23 is also back.
One of the main American Dad writers is the creator, and i get a very Roger vibe from the main character Chloe
11:57am 27/10/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7981 posts
I yell at the tv during walking dead. Apparently the zombie disease reanimates the dead and causes dementia in the living

I've stuck with none of this fall's shows.

Boss is the highlight of my TV week followed by Homeland.
11:58am 27/10/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7982 posts
Tv censorship is self managed, so they have nothing to worry about.
11:59am 27/10/12 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3373 posts
person of interest is still enjoyable

dont trust the b**** in apartment 21, brain off, enjoyable

3 ep's into chicago fire, and that's no too bad, good base, and building well with the story

then there are the other show already mentioned in the above
12:19pm 27/10/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9463 posts
Boss is really good.
Its intense stuff.

Tom Kane isnt the Mayor of Chicago, he is The King.
and The King is very ill.

12:26pm 27/10/12 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
6953 posts
classic dais thread
o wait
01:37pm 27/10/12 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
6668 posts

Do people who weren't indoctrinated and overloaded with bulls*** like this as children just find that kind of music completely benign?
02:01pm 27/10/12 Permalink
Jayman
Brisbane, Queensland
796 posts
I've been really enjoying Hunted. Melissa George.

Melissa George plays Sam Hunter, a highly skilled operative for an elite private intelligence firm, who survives an attempt on her life that may have been orchestrated by members of her own team. Once she returns to the firm, she performs her secretive duties without knowing who to trust and who wants her dead.
03:46pm 27/10/12 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20075 posts
Yeah, Elementary is good, but not as good as the BBC Sherlock series. Its really just a police procedural with a modern day Sherlock Holmes that acts kind of like House, but it works.

Really enjoying Arrow, but I'm one of those comic book people deadlyf mentioned :P I know other people who are watching it and aren't into comics and are still enjoying it though, so I think its working. Its still finding its feet a bit and missteps now and then, but overall, quite enjoying it.

I'm right on the verge of quitting on Revolution if it doesn't get significantly better soon.

666 Park Avenue is interesting, interesting enough for me to want to keep watching it but I'm not sure how long its going to hold my interest. It has John Locke in it playing a creepy deal-with-the-devil kind of guy though, so thats a plus. Seems a bit sanitised cos it always seems to hold back when you're expecting some violence or some tits.

And yeah, Walking Dead season 3 so far is f*****g tops, probably my favourite show atm.
03:58pm 27/10/12 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3567 posts
Oh and QI, gotta watch qi.
09:25pm 27/10/12 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
20824 posts
castle is back and I think i saw an ad for once upon a time
10:55pm 27/10/12 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3220 posts
I just finished Boss season 2 and it was incredible, Kelsey Grammer is amazing and I reckon should win awards for his performance.

Have been watching Hunted as well, it's good enough to keep watching but not outstanding. Arrow is awesome, and have also been watching Chicago Fire. The first episode was very average, but it improved heaps in the second and on.

Not too sure on Last Resort, first ep was solid and I've only seen up to the 2nd but it can be a bit wtf at times. Will probably watch the next few eps to determine what it's like.

Never bothered with Revolution because all I read were people complaining about the story/writing.
09:55am 28/10/12 Permalink
MARLINBLADE
Queensland
470 posts
Have really loved Arrow so far. Good easy show to watch and action is good even with the bad guys who suddenly cant shoot at close range.

Last Resort has been great!! Story has me sucked in

Walking dead S3 is Epic, loving that. So much more carnage than the first 2 seasons and after seasons 2 drama drama love love twilight bulls***, i gotta say it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Fringe S5 also has been brilliant so far.

The Mrs has been hammering Grimm too and it's finally starting to go somewhere
10:04am 28/10/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16087 posts
yesterday's fringe :(
10:53am 28/10/12 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3520 posts
Also into Grimm.

I really like shows with underlying sub plots, like Person of Interest for example. I've gone off shows where it's the same result each week, like Criminal Minds for example.

As i alluded to in the movie thread i am finding some of these TV series much more enthralling than movies lately.

Wife and i are curently working through
30 Rock
Grimm
Person of Interest
Walking Dead- just me
The Wire - just me
Greys Anatomy - wife
Once upon a Time - wife, didn't grab me.
Revolution

And on our radar and ready to role from SE1 is The Sopranos
11:02am 28/10/12 Permalink
no you hang up
Brisbane, Queensland
2309 posts
Nothing has really grabbed me from the new fall lineup.

currently watching :

the walking dead, the office, parks and rec, gruen planet (just finished), the hamster wheel, american horror story, tron uprising, south park, family guy, black dynamite and nevermind the buzzc****.
We also watch scrubs, alf, keeping up appearances, 21 jump street and tour of duty.

Homeboss also watches :

gossip girl and new girl. i have tried with new girl, but cant get into it. lol at gossip girl. We might start watching that 666 show with Locke in it.
11:59am 28/10/12 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3314 posts
Homeland Season 2 has been really good so far. They aren't dragging out the plot to keep viewers watching, they are just delivering the story as it should be. I think Damien Lewis is a great actor and he should get more parts in big films.
08:45pm 28/10/12 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9465 posts
I happened to see him in band of Brothers last week on SoHo.

I cant imagine anyone else playing his part in Homeland, he was perfect for the role and so is Clare Daines.

She played another unusal role in Temple Grandin.
11:40pm 28/10/12 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:40pm 28/10/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.