AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
The Avengers DVD and Blu-Ray Release This Week
DavidBrookes
Perth, Western Australia
61 posts
I was having a look at the different version of Marvel's The Avengers that is being released this week and noticed there isn't the usual DVD/Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray 3D/Digital Copy release that has been available from the previous Thor and Captain America releases. I have had a look on Amazon and found what I was looking for (http://www.amazon.com/Marvels-The-Avengers-Four-Disc-Combo/dp/B001KVZ6HK/ref=pd_sim_mov_1/184-2017432-9772211) - does anyone know if there is the same regional coding for Blu-Rays as there is for DVD's and if so, does anyone know if there is going to be an Australian DVD/Blu-Ray/Blu-Ray 3D/Digital Copy release later on as happened with Transformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon?
09:40pm 27/08/12 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
09:40pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6566 posts
09:43pm 27/08/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7907 posts
There's a site that list every release an whether it's region coded or not
09:56pm 27/08/12 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
7908 posts
09:57pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34181 posts
just relax full name bro
10:00pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DavidBrookes
Perth, Western Australia
62 posts
http://regionfreemovies.com

Had a look at this site - not listed there yet - just would hate to buy the Blu-Ray/Blu-ray 3D/Digital Copy and find out the quad pack (so my sister can borrow the DVD version when she wants to as she does not buy many DVD's these days) with the DVD version (and the digital soundtrack with the Amazon copy)
10:16pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
20856 posts
You can get the DVD/Blu Ray combo. If you need the digital version just leech a copy off the net.
10:21pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DavidBrookes
Perth, Western Australia
63 posts
You can get the DVD/Blu Ray combo. If you need the digital version just leech a copy off the net.

True - but nice to get the whole lot for $29.96 (US)
10:24pm 27/08/12 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
15796 posts
i've pre-ordered the Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled

it comes with:

• Marvel’s The Avengers (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Captain America: The First Avenger (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Thor (Blu-ray 3D and Blu-ray)
• Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray)
• The Incredible Hulk (Blu-ray)
• Iron Man (Blu-ray)
• Bonus Disc - “The Phase One Archives” (Blu-ray)
• Collectible packaging with exclusive memorabilia from the Marvel Cinematic Universe
11:12pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2763 posts
I dont understand purchasing movies. Given the US$30 price you quote compared to renting from store on $1 tue or buy on a deal for a few bucks. Worst case scenario, new release @ $6.95. I would only watch it once on DVD having already seen it @ the movies and again maybe a months later if a mate or somebody hadnt seen it n wanted to watch it with me. So thats less than half the price of buying it new @ 2x new release price. Unless you wanna own it so you can watch it multiple times i dont see the appeal in buying movies.

Whats the appeal?
Having an awesome library collection?
Having access to it whenever you wanna watch it (no renting or DLing required?)
Im interested to know.
11:25pm 27/08/12 Permalink
csirac
Brisbane, Queensland
2723 posts
People like to collect stuff? You're telling me you don't have some weird collection of crap.

I'm personally with you on the whole buying dvd thing but I each their own.

I've benefited from going over someones place and having a huge dvd collection made killing a few hours easy.
11:28pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DavidBrookes
Perth, Western Australia
64 posts
I dont understand purchasing movies. Given the US$30 price you quote compared to renting from store on $1 tue or buy on a deal for a few bucks. Worst case scenario, new release @ $6.95. I would only watch it once on DVD having already seen it @ the movies and again maybe a months later if a mate or somebody hadnt seen it n wanted to watch it with me. So thats less than half the price of buying it new @ 2x new release price. Unless you wanna own it so you can watch it multiple times i dont see the appeal in buying movies.Whats the appeal? Having an awesome library collection? Having access to it whenever you wanna watch it (no renting or DLing required?)Im interested to know.

I like having the movies (and TV series depending if they are my favorites) to watch when I have had a bad week and just want to watch a couple favorite movies. I am fairly picky in what I buy and will buy digitial when I want the movie but don't think the DVD/Blu-Ray is worth it. But not everything is available through services such as iTunes while just about everything has been released on either DVD or Blu-Ray.
11:42pm 27/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2765 posts
The addictive properties of collection hey, i can understand that.

As a kid it was fucking military models. Loved making that shit.

During my late high school pyro stage i amassed a huge collection of the shit i had made/blown up/set alight that still sits in a display cupboard amongst my models in my old room @ my parents place.

Now days i try to test every new game im remotely interested in thats available on PC. 90% of them are torrented first and then bought at a later date if i enjoy it enough and play for more than say 60mins. Probably less than 10% make the purchase required grade.

I dont see the appeal in watching favourite movies over and over though. The only time i have watched a movie more than say 3 times is when ive enjoyed it and have watched it multiple times with different people who hadnt seen it before. I just find rewatching most movies pretty boring once you've seen them as you know whats gunna happen and when. About the only time ill enjoy rewatching a movie is when i havent seen it for a few years and have a faded memory of it. Eg - Saw Dirty Harry and the original Nightmare on Elm Street both for the 2nd time a few weeks ago after. First watched Dirty Harry probably 10yrs ago and Nightmare on Elm a little less than 10yrs. Remembered most of both movies but it was still good seeing both again. GF on the other hand forgets most of what happens in movies after a few months so seeing them again is a new experience for her.
11:54pm 27/08/12 Permalink
Damo
Brisbane, Queensland
6273 posts
DD, same can be said for cds. I still buy CDs all the time as i love having a physical copy of the album. I also try to meet a lot of the bands that tour Australia and I can get those albums signed by the band members.
07:48am 28/08/12 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
2767 posts
CDs i understand as you listen to songs over and over via whatever audio device you use. And as you said, you have use for the physical copy to get signatures, rather than just DLing digital tunes.
12:01pm 28/08/12 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
12:01pm 28/08/12 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks