ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
03:16pm 10/11/05 Permalink
whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
9416 posts
or you could just put an LCD screen over your number plate. Press a button turn it black oops camera can't see the plate, normal cruising just leave it clear
11:53pm 10/11/05 Permalink
nF
Wynnum, Queensland
11698 posts
oh hello officer, no i have no idea why theres an LCD screen over my number plate

oh so thats what that button does, it obscures my number plate, oh no i've never seen it before
11:56pm 10/11/05 Permalink
Bj
Brisbane, Queensland
1133 posts

your full of bright ideas whoop
11:56pm 10/11/05 Permalink
maxe
Brisbane, Queensland
11732 posts
The old plate flipper that activate at 80km/h+ is a nifty trick, but not as nifty as not speeding around speed cameras....
12:14am 11/11/05 Permalink
Ecstasy
Australian Capital Territory
3897 posts
ya need to get ya selves lotus esprits with changing number plates dohicky
01:04am 11/11/05 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
15008 posts
i do believe knight rider had revolving plates

07:39am 11/11/05 Permalink
Paveway-3
Brisbane, Queensland
2798 posts
most speed camera's shoot you from behind, that plate fipper thingy at 80km/h was only for the front plate
10:12am 11/11/05 Permalink
Splash
Brisbane, Queensland
2278 posts
i do believe knight rider had revolving plates

so did the BMW in The Transporter
12:38pm 11/11/05 Permalink
whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
9419 posts
oh hello officer, no i have no idea why theres an LCD screen over my number plate

oh so thats what that button does, it obscures my number plate, oh no i've never seen it before

I guess you don't realize you can get liquid crystal filled glass that is clear & when you hit a button it tints opaque, cops would just see it as a number plate protector if it was in clear mode. wow nF and I thought you were the smart one on here.

If you thought I meant an LCD monitor, you're stupider than you look.

last edited by whoop at 20:29:10 11/Nov/05
08:28pm 11/11/05 Permalink
nF
Wynnum, Queensland
11708 posts
actually it was a typo, i meant to type crt

also lol, emo
08:39pm 11/11/05 Permalink
AnaRoT
Toowoomba, Queensland
21 posts

I'm pretty sure you'll find that its illegal to have any sort of protector or 'clear' covering of any kind on a number plate, in Qld at least.
08:40pm 11/11/05 Permalink
maxe
Brisbane, Queensland
11735 posts
this is how you beat a speed camera

09:30pm 11/11/05 Permalink
Jerds
Brisbane, Queensland
744 posts
OBEY THE LAW.

TAKE A WHITE FRIEND!

BE POLITE.

SLOW THE F*CK DOWN.
09:33am 12/11/05 Permalink
maxe
Brisbane, Queensland
11736 posts
TAKE A WHITE FRIEND!

STOP IMMEDIATELY

TURN THAT SHIT OFF

SHUT THE FUCK UP

last edited by maxe at 10:05:58 12/Nov/05
10:05am 12/11/05 Permalink
BigZub
Brisbane, Queensland
4126 posts
Don't be hatin`.

Nigga plz
12:28pm 12/11/05 Permalink
Paveway-3
Brisbane, Queensland
2800 posts
I'm pretty sure you'll find that its illegal to have any sort of protector or 'clear' covering of any kind on a number plate, in Qld at least.

neg i see cars all the time with plastic covers in them and ontop it has a plug for ZUPPS or wherever they bought the car from
02:23pm 12/11/05 Permalink
Tung
Brisbane, Queensland
3344 posts
you cannot have a licence cover that could possibly impair the clarity of your number plate. which means, its at the police officers discretion. some covers reflect the light, and as such, police will pull people over and check the covers out.

02:47pm 12/11/05 Permalink
AnaRoT
Toowoomba, Queensland
25 posts

Yeah thats what I thought.
11:38am 13/11/05 Permalink
nF
Wynnum, Queensland
11726 posts
And theres always a cop in the car with the camera, he/she records the license plates of anyone who gets flashed (no idea why). A blacked out number plate would be noticible.
12:25pm 13/11/05 Permalink
Tung
Brisbane, Queensland
3345 posts
i think casa had a numberplate cover that reflected all light on a certain angle, completely unintentional. that sort of thing is a warning + getting rid of it.
08:52am 14/11/05 Permalink
nF
Wynnum, Queensland
11747 posts
that wouldn't work if the cop was recording all the plates that got flashed

and an lcd thing wouldn't work unless it was able to detect you passing through the radar beam, if it relied on your reactions then you need to think about what your right foot is doing instead. plus you'd need 1 front and back. how many fines would you need to avoid before it paid for itself.
04:11pm 14/11/05 Permalink
maxe
Brisbane, Queensland
11743 posts
not my idea, but interesting thought:

you can play reverse lotto. Drive around with no front license plate. $50 fine for no plate, but one speed camera at 40kph over limit = $350 and half your demerit points....

and surprisingly, cops don't pull you over as fast as you'd think when front plate is missing.
05:00pm 14/11/05 Permalink
nF
Wynnum, Queensland
11759 posts
or even better do this:

01:21pm 16/11/05 Permalink
LightAssassin
Brisbane, Queensland
556 posts
That 40km/h over is wrong.

It's 6 months, 6 points and $700.

Just under 2 months left. Replacing the Civic too, something small still but a little more buzz. Looking at Swift GTi's 100hp little beasts ^_^
05:05pm 16/11/05 Permalink
TMWNN
Gold Coast, Queensland
476 posts
lol enjoy being beaten by falcons if you buy a GTI.

They look ok but the sure aint fast.
09:13am 17/11/05 Permalink
LightAssassin
Brisbane, Queensland
557 posts
Ponders idea of transplanting a VTEC engine.

Maybe if I can find a crashed car and get it at a decent price I can up the civic instead.

Just need something tidy, runs nicely and a little fun.

*sighs* should look at LPG Falcoons and Commonwhores.
11:20am 17/11/05 Permalink
AnaRoT
Toowoomba, Queensland
31 posts

Commodores run like UTTER SHIT (even worse than Falcons) on gas. Gas is not really that great anymore anyway because the price is steadily rising...
10:19pm 17/11/05 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
838 posts
was reading fast 4 magazine and there is spray you can order which you spray on ya numberplate and it makes it reflective!!! just do that!
09:12pm 19/11/05 Permalink
Primal
Brisbane, Queensland
2008 posts
you know, all you have to do is ask and i can tell you guys all the facts about speed cameras, number plate thingies, etc..

since i work in the police radar cal lab and build the speed camera vech's.

the speed camera will not pick up speeds over 219km/h.

the shiney spray stuff does not work, we test all this shit at lakeside.

the 2 plastic plates which goes clear is made at the wrong angle and doesn't work, also police can see it on your number plate.

plastic protectors are not allowed and a fine can be issued.

the police also have the lidar lasers and the mobile radars plus the RDD's (radar detector detectors).

its simple not being caught speeding --> don't speed.

any questions?

10:11pm 20/11/05 Permalink
nF
Wynnum, Queensland
11795 posts
my question, when do we get to go out to lakeside for some "testing"

i believe you promised :)
10:59pm 20/11/05 Permalink
Ecstasy
Australian Capital Territory
3906 posts
Is there a detector I can buy for the RDD's?
11:23pm 20/11/05 Permalink
Primal
Brisbane, Queensland
2009 posts
LOL.. i can't remember saying that would let you guys into lakeside for a bit of testing.

i prolly could flogg off the gate key, but i would have my arse handed back to me in a sling if we got caught. Big risk, there is a house near by and the owner keeps an eye on it for the pine river council who owns it.

as for detectors for the RDD's, the RDD would detect that as well, they are very well made and getting upgraded all the time, they are designed and build here in brissie.

12:40am 21/11/05 Permalink
nF
Wynnum, Queensland
11801 posts
how exactly do the RDDs work, i would have thought RD would be a passive system?
08:14am 21/11/05 Permalink
LightAssassin
Brisbane, Queensland
573 posts
So you're saying, if you're going to speed do 225km/h.

Be sure to do that on the M1 next time *rolls eyes*

I'll stick to no more then 10km/h over (it's still speeding I know), but only under certain conditions. And no more crazy speeds.

Track for me! Well... maybe the odd squirt. But I'll be good...

I don't want to loose my license for 6 months ever again. EVER EVER AGAIN.
However, not having to pay for fuel rocks!
03:03pm 21/11/05 Permalink
maxe
Brisbane, Queensland
11797 posts
LOL.. i can't remember saying that would let you guys into lakeside for a bit of testing.

sorry sir, but I distinctly recall you saying that. In fact its the only thing I recall.
04:23pm 21/11/05 Permalink
Primal
Brisbane, Queensland
2010 posts
heh..

RD's work by detecting the frequency of the radar signal.

these frequencies are in the X-Band, K-Band and Ka-Band.

there are a lot of frequencies being used by CB-radio, T.V. stations, Radio stations, mobile phones, etc.. etc.. the RD's need to be sensitive to only the frequencies in use by the speed radars, to do this the RD's have IC controlled crystal oscillators inside it to perform frequency modulation in the X, K and Ka Bands.

the RD's then match up the frequencies it produces with any radars near by, alerting the owner that a matching freq (of a radar) is detected.

that is also the RD's downfall as the RDD's detect the frequency modulation of the RD's and alerts the police.(the RDD's are really sensitive)

also the RDD's have a power meter of sorts converted into sound, so when it gets louder, the signal is closer and the police can track down which car it is.

so, why doesn't the RDD go off when a police radar is in operation?

good question, i am glad you blokes asked..

the maker of the RDD's works close with the police and he knows the exact freq. of the police radars.

he programs the RDD's to not detect the exact freq.'s of the radars.

while the RD's modulates through a range of freqs in the radar bands and gets caught out.

its not worth getting an RD guys, it will cost you a lot of money buying one and even more money when you get caught with it.

any other questions?

10:58pm 21/11/05 Permalink
nF
Wynnum, Queensland
11805 posts
thats interesting, but i mostly had no idea what you were talking about

i use a modulation of my left foot over the A and B pedals to ensure no speeding fines
11:32pm 21/11/05 Permalink
Paveway-3
Brisbane, Queensland
2865 posts
it's pretty much the same technology they used in some missiles they use on fighter jets, they lock onto the air crafts radar output, hence for stealth planes to work they have to actually turn their radar off when they are in hostile area's, but they have all sorts of stratergies for it and shit

they also have anti radar bombs, which are designed for taking down a enemy's ground radar

i have a question, IS there anyway to beat them? :p

last edited by Paveway-3 at 00:11:26 22/Nov/05
12:08am 22/11/05 Permalink
Primal
Brisbane, Queensland
2012 posts
yes, there are ways to beat the radars..

not the lasers though.. you can do f-all about them.

you could make a radar jammer, but the RDD's would pick it up, so thats a no.

you could buy about $4000 bucks worth of radar absorbing blue foam matting which you can stick all over your car, it will look really silly and the weather would prolly stuff it, but it will work..

you could make a stealth car which would look something like the stealth bommer, that might work if you made it right..

hhhmmm.. maybe there is no way to beat them after all..

06:57pm 22/11/05 Permalink
BigZub
Brisbane, Queensland
4151 posts
How much are those radar guns worth?

can you get me one? i only got $30 bux
04:09pm 23/11/05 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
04:09pm 23/11/05 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks