We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Document / CD shredders
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21390 posts
Anyone got a particular brand to avoid? I'm after a reasonably cheap (couple hundred bux) one that'll do paper (duh), old cards like credit cards / sim cards and CD's. Office works has something that looks like it'll do it, but reading the review says if you try to shred cd's it jams the machine. What brands do you guys use (if you use one)?

Otherwise I may have to get creative in finding ways to destroy stuff. Like when I exploded a CD in the shed, putting dents in the walls, using a dremel. Not eager to do that again :)
02:50am 17/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:50am 17/02/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3910 posts
We had a Fellowes at an office once that did all that with ease. Can't recall model but I've used a few at various offices and they seem quite good.

Old CD's can be good for crafty type things so once you've nuked them maybe a local school or kindy might be interested.
11:22am 17/02/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10768 posts
11:32am 17/02/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7305 posts
Only terrorists have something to hide??!
02:53pm 17/02/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21394 posts
Only terrorists have something to hide??!

I'm using it to make confetti for weddings
04:51pm 17/02/13 Permalink
Dodgymon
Brisbane, Queensland
2275 posts
01:55am 18/02/13 Permalink
StopShootingMe
Brisbane, Queensland
3586 posts
Aldi released a shredder on Australia Day, I bought one and so far it's working really well. It shreds cross-cut, does CD/DVDs and credit cards as well, the only thing I could say as a negative is that it's noisy in operation. But who really cares about that?

Costs $40 or something, worth it.
10:28am 18/02/13 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7899 posts
Fark no, golf club
12:35pm 18/02/13 Permalink
mongie
Brisbane, Queensland
7649 posts
As a former Officeworks employee, I'd suggest over-speccing.

I don't think the use the same Fellowes machines that they used to, but in my experience, people buy for "occasional use" and then smash them with their built up piles of documents.

The shredders complain by releasing the smoke.
03:41pm 18/02/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21399 posts
haha well yeah we already have a paper shredder, but there's a pile of old CD's here I want to get rid of too. I did try the old dremel method but that resulted in shards of CD flying off everywhere, dents in the shed walls and a sound that I imagine would have sounded like a gunshot (never actually heard a gunshot up close). So I decided that idea was probably eventually going to result in bits of CD sticking out of my eyeballs and decided not to go with that method, as funny as it was at the time.

I'd suggest over-speccing.

I always seem to go the whole Tim "the tool man" approach of "MORE POWAH" and I'll go out with the intention of buying the cheapest thing that'll do the job, then I see some massive thing that's like 5x the price & go yep, I'm 'avin that.

for the safety nazis, I was hiding behind stuff when I made the cd go boom, I was in no real danger apart from my ears ringing for about 15 minutes
08:20pm 18/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:20pm 18/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.