AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
troubles upgrading blackberry
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
250 posts
so trying to upgrade my bold 9000 to os 5.0,

i'm currently running v4.6.0.247, and using the blackberry website it refuses to let me do the simple upgrade, has anyone managed to upgrade thru the BB website?

I really really dont want to upgrade the hard way, any help would be great

edit, dont worry, been doing it the hard way (the only down side to bb's, long fucked up upgrades)
02:24pm 05/05/11 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
02:24pm 05/05/11 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
1968 posts
your best bet here is to get the upgrade from your provider, EG. Telstra or whomever.
go here and do some searching they know everything and provide links, that's how i did mine

http://www.blackberryforums.com.au/

06:31pm 05/05/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
251 posts
crazymorton, trouble is that while i am on telstra, i have the very first batch of bold 9000's, which were on 3, and three isn't releasing os 5,

i did it the old school long way, (telstra rom, and rooted in there)
06:49pm 05/05/11 Permalink
eXemplar
2630 posts
Pretty sure the carrier info is just a file and you can just remove this file and upgrade using the desktop manager?
07:44pm 05/05/11 Permalink
Persay
Brisbane, Queensland
7209 posts
to update blackberry, go to apple shop and buy an iphone =)
10:12pm 05/05/11 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
3597 posts
10:45pm 05/05/11 Permalink
Coochie
Brisbane, Queensland
763 posts
Touche!

I have an iPhone and recently work gave me a Blackberry. I was shocked by how much of a piece of shit the BB is in comparison. I think it's a Bold 9000 - is this just the super crap version of BBs or are they all this....1990ish? I don't bother using it now...I'd rather pay for my work calls than lug that sack of shit around.
08:30am 06/05/11 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
253 posts
while the bold 9000 isn't as flash as an iphone, i wouldn't call an iphone 4 an upgrage

the reception of the bold 9000 is the best out of any smart phone, bar none, (even with the silly cases on the iphone 4), something that it worth far more than pretty looks for me

it fits in a suit pocket wonderfully,

the call quality is great, and pretty sure the call/data security on blackberry is still something other makers would like to have

i dont like the idea of being raped on data, i get unlimited data, and emails without paying an arm and a leg,

so while an upgrade in form, i would loss function, and features are about the even (plus and minuses for both)

coochie, try a phone from the 90's, and be honest, the BB's are nothing like them, then try a iphone from 2008, you'll find yourself prefering the bold for anything like medium to heavy use

anyway bold is upgraded, and this isn't a thread about fanboi's and fashion vs form and function
09:16am 06/05/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
3609 posts
anyway bold is upgraded, and this isn't a thread about fanboi's and fashion vs form and function
In QGL the only thing everyone seems to agree on is that phones threads are ALWAYS about everyone is wrong.
Grzz for figuring out your own solution.
09:57am 06/05/11 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
09:57am 06/05/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks