We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Sennheiser HD 280 Pro Headphones
s
1 posts
Hi all, my last set of headphones broke over the weekend and I am looking to buy a new pair. I am looking at the "Sennheiser HD 280 Pro" and had a listen in store today. The sound quality was amazing and they appear to have many great reviews online. My only concern is a lot of people mention they are a little light on the bass. As I will be using these headphones for a fair amount of gaming I was wondering how much of an issue this was... for example, when a grenade explodes next to me in a game I really like to *feel* like I'm being blown away. I'm also into the survival/horror genre (silent hill/FEAR/Dead Space 2 etc.) and obviously sound quality is of great importance in terms of emmersion in those games.

Does anyone have any experience with these headphones, or could point me towards another brand?

Cheers!
04:22pm 04/04/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:22pm 04/04/11 Permalink
BillyHardball
Brisbane, Queensland
12035 posts
I won't buy Sennheiser again because they are jerks. Also, the $200 pair of Sennheiser headies I bought aren't as good as my $50 playtronic ones, IMO.
04:38pm 04/04/11 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
4093 posts
go hear for good reviews on all type of range

http://www.headphones.com.au/

ive got these and love them
http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=180
04:44pm 04/04/11 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
1248 posts
Every time we have a headphone thread on AG it seem that almost everyone says no to Sens and talks about the Audio Technica AD700's, I got a pair on my head right now, awesome headphones, $10 cheaper too.
04:45pm 04/04/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
16158 posts
Yep, +1 to the Audio Technicas

I used to have AD700's and they were awesome, then some c*** stole them so now I bought some AD900's and they are also awesome. Can't go wrong with either of those, don't buy overpriced sennheiser stuff.
04:52pm 04/04/11 Permalink
EniGma
Brisbane, Queensland
5457 posts
I have AD700's for sale if anyone wants them.

Want something more suited to headphone amps.
05:25pm 04/04/11 Permalink
s
2 posts
I have AD700's for sale if anyone wants them.

Want something more suited to headphone amps.

Yeah maybe, how much do u want for them?
06:24pm 04/04/11 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
18209 posts
I won't buy Sennheiser again because they are jerks. Also, the $200 pair of Sennheiser headies I bought aren't as good as my $50 playtronic ones, IMO.

I got myself some 448's and while the build quality seems balls for the price, the frequency response difference is quite noticeable compared to my cheaper headphones I was previously using. I can actually hear people sneaking up on me in MW2 even if they have ninja pro on because you can hear the grass rustling.

They're pretty light and comfy and don't require me to buy some stupid external amp, they run just fine plugged directly into my sound card on the computer, 1/4 - 1/2 volume in windows' mixer is all I need.
07:54pm 04/04/11 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
5741 posts
If you're planning to buy Audio Technica headphones, Amazon have good prices thanks to the current exchange rate.
AD700: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CMS0XU/
AD900: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00070GXBS/
10:04pm 04/04/11 Permalink
s
3 posts
Thanks for all the replies guys. I went with the Audio Technica A500's. They are really comfortable and produce awesome sound. One thing though is the positional audio in games, or rather lack thereof. My $20 set of logitechs are better in this respect. I was wondering if this is a flaw of the headphones, or will the positional audio get better after burning in for a while?
07:34pm 07/04/11 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
263 posts
I'd say that'd be your drivers or software setup.

I owned HD500 sennhiesers I think? back in 2000ish. They fell apart before the speakers had any problem. I really enjoyed them and they lasted a few years.
07:41pm 07/04/11 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
5496 posts
beyerdynamics dt880's.
07:48pm 07/04/11 Permalink
kos
UK
1693 posts
go hear for good reviews on all type of range

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!!!
07:36am 08/04/11 Permalink
XaltD
Queensland
799 posts
Pioneer HDJ1000. That is all.
07:41am 08/04/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:41am 08/04/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.