Bethesda tells us why ANZ will be first to Battlecry's beta!
Battlecry Beta First in ANZ!
We check out the fast-paced third-person Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive to see just what it has in store.
Sunset Overdrive Reviewed
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Any Canon Document Centre Techs on Here ?
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7084 posts
Sup guys

So we've got a Canon IRC2880 that we bought well, and at the moment we have opted not to have it on a maintenance contract.

We have a minor issue with it in that it is printing some fine horizontal lines down the middle of some prints, looks to be some roller issue or similar.

Expecting we will get stiched up a bit if we get Canon out on a machine that isn't under a maintenance contract I thought I would see if you guys have some other bright ideas for me.

TIA
10:00am 29/03/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:00am 29/03/11 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
3083 posts
at the moment we have opted not to have it on a maintenance contract

I'm printing out this web page so that I can highlight to my own internal business customers the valuable lesson here.
10:36am 29/03/11 Permalink
pixem
Sydney, New South Wales
301 posts
printers are s***, I reckon they build em that way so you have to buy maintenance contracts. We only got 3 canons but they break down a couple times a year, we do like low load on it as well in comparison to what its capable of model wise. Even the brand new ones.

I dont personally like maintenance contracts, i ditched all our cisco handset ones because cisco made them f*****g indestructible, only our gorilla sized employed who smashes it with his super size hand daily broke one and it took a year.

But canon and printers, thats just asking for trouble. If you want to fix it yourself take it apart and clean it all. Also tip use decent paper, can cause lots of problems if you use s***** paper and increase the frequency of faults.

last edited by pixem at 11:03:28 29/Mar/11
11:02am 29/03/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:02am 29/03/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.