We take a look at Telltale's latest adventures in Gearbox's Borderlands to find out just what you can expect from this new adventure series.
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum Reviewed
We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
XIM3 IN stock! (US shipping only)
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5102 posts
hihi,

Just thought i'd give you guys a quick heads up, the XIM 3 is currently in OUT of stock at the XIM3 Store for $150. Only catch is they're only currently shipping within the US, but if you have a contact who lives there then it may prove to be worthwhile ordering it and putting in your contact's US address when checking out, cause I can tell ya this won't last long at all.

I ordered mine through my Aussie mastercard and it accepted it fine. Only 1 order per customer.

For those of you who don't know what it is, as trog indicated below it's an adapter for your xbox 360 that allows you to plug in your mouse and keyboard (among other devices) into your xbox 360. According to the XIM3 website here's a brief list of its features:

Next-generation console input adapter
Game on your Xbox 360 using your favorite PC gaming-grade hardware
Mice, Keyboards, Joysticks, and Gameboard compatibility
Unsurpassed in-game 1-to-1 feel thanks to advanced Smart Translator technology
Simple configuration through an on-board full-color LCD screen
Real-time feedback through the LCD to guide you to your optimal settings
Supports your existing Xbox headsets and chatpads
Firmware upgradable
Active community forum

I'll let you guys know my first impressions of it and give you a review once it arrives.
02:36pm 08/03/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:36pm 08/03/11 Permalink
kappa
Brisbane, Queensland
1415 posts
I won't be buying one of these but I'm still curious to hear how well they work.
02:40pm 08/03/11 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
33144 posts
For those like me that don't know what it is, it looks like a device that lets you plug a mouse+keyboard into an Xbox 360.

Fixah, maybe include something about it in your OP? And if you can/want to provide a review for us when you get it that'd be grand too!

Sounds pretty awesome, I look forward to noob console rage when they're skooled PC styelz.
02:43pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
9169 posts
priceusa.com.au if you're desperate too.

I think it's a toss. If you want a keyboard and mouse like a PC then buy a PC.
02:50pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Ross
Brisbane, Queensland
2307 posts
I had one for the original xbox and it was dongs. Using it for an fps for example had the same control as the thumbstick so to do a 360 degree turn took several swipes across the desk to get around. The pitch was also stupidly slow.
03:00pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5103 posts
I won't be buying one of these but I'm still curious to hear how well they work.
I've been doing a bit of reading up on it lately and i've heard nothing but good things about it. Even if they don't work very well and you're willing to part with it you won't have any problems reselling it. Cheapest one (the only one) I found on ebay was for $450.

For those like me that don't know what it is, it looks like a device that lets you plug a mouse+keyboard into an Xbox 360.

Fixah, maybe include something about it in your OP? And if you can/want to provide a review for us when you get it that'd be grand too!

Sounds pretty awesome, I look forward to noob console rage when they're skooled PC styelz.
Yeah i was in a bit of a rush posting up the thread to let you guys know asap. I know this will go out of stock fast because i missed out last time WHEN I WAS CHECKING OUT. I was pissed.

OP updated.
03:01pm 08/03/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14309 posts
Cheers, I've ordered one to see what it's like.

Luckily my housemate is about to visit friends Colorado so easy shipping address right there. I'm in Taiwan so I may not get a chance to use it for a good Two months anyway!
03:07pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5104 posts
Yeah i have my aunty in Teeeyyxas (out of all places) so i don't know how long it'll take to get to her, but i opted for express shipping for $19, an extra $6 over standard shipping so i thought what the hay.
03:11pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5106 posts
I just found out that XIM technologies is a 48 minute drive away from aunty's house LOL

On second thoughts, it's actually more like 33 hours when i get their address right :/
03:27pm 08/03/11 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
33145 posts
I am excited though, this is enough to get me into console gaming just for the sheer and utter pleasure of pwning them
03:28pm 08/03/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14310 posts
Also anyone buying one be aware that you do need a wired xbox 360 controller.
03:29pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5107 posts
Also anyone buying one be aware that you do need a wired xbox 360 controller.
Yes this is true, and it apparently won't work if you plug in your charger to it either, which is lame balls.

You can pick em up for under $20 with shipping from ebay.
03:36pm 08/03/11 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
3173 posts
Yes this is true, and it apparently won't work if you plug in your charger to it either, which is lame balls.

That is because a charger cable is only a charger cable. Your wireless xbox controller doesn't turn into a wired one just because it's pluged into a charger cable. You could charge it off your laptop if you were so inclined, or your iphone wall plug or anything.

I'm still a bit curious - i thought the sensitivity would be limited to how fast you can normally press the conrtoller buttons anyway, so, isn't that going to mean turning 180 using a mouse+keyboard is going to be the same speed as someone pressing full left/right on their analogue stick?

So that just means the benefits are only really going to be if you're a bit less unencumbered by pressing a stick instead of pointing with a mouse?
03:44pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Python
Sydney, New South Wales
896 posts
Here's a post on reddit about a guy who is a beta tester from a month ago

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/ez6xi/iama_beta_tester_for_the_xim3_a_mouse_and/

I still wouldn't touch a console for FPS gaming.
Could Microsoft ban this? (no idea how xbox's work, just assuming they see the device type)

last edited by Python at 16:07:52 08/Mar/11
04:06pm 08/03/11 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
4000 posts

+1
04:10pm 08/03/11 Permalink
kappa
Brisbane, Queensland
1416 posts
These have been around in various forms for a while now. So I doubt MS would start banning now.
04:27pm 08/03/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14311 posts
It would be impossible to ban, it just behaves like a standard xbox controller, it's an emulator.
I'm still a bit curious - i thought the sensitivity would be limited to how fast you can normally press the conrtoller buttons anyway, so, isn't that going to mean turning 180 using a mouse+keyboard is going to be the same speed as someone pressing full left/right on their analogue stick
The turn rate is still limited by the game, however maxing out the sensitivity in the game controller options then adjusting it at the xim is how it works

last edited by scuzzy at 16:43:48 08/Mar/11
04:41pm 08/03/11 Permalink
iTOM
Brisbane, Queensland
940 posts
man, priceusa sucks. wouldn't it be easier for them to provide a shipping address and you pay for it? cos im looking at getting one
04:51pm 08/03/11 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
4539 posts
No because then you can lie about the cost.
05:00pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5109 posts
Just checked and it's out of stock.

Just a bit over an hour since I posted about it.

Hopefully a few of my qgl xbox comrades managed to get a hold of one.
05:22pm 08/03/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14313 posts
Damn son, cheers for the heads up dude!!
05:36pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5110 posts
Glad to be of some service.
06:25pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
18029 posts
I am excited though, this is enough to get me into console gaming just for the sheer and utter pleasure of pwning them

Yep, same here except for having to pay the yearly subscription but if PC gaming ever goes into the yearly subscription model (yes I know about WoW) then maybe the incentive will be enough for me to switch.
06:49pm 08/03/11 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
200 posts

If i was to get a console, for console-only games, i would only use a keyboard+mouse for FPS cause im so bad with a gamepad. This is the only reason i havent yet got a 360 as there was another device similar to this but it didnt get good reviews.

Just checked out that priceusa.com.au (was new to me) and noticed that 3rd most recent sales was:
XIM3 black Xbox mouse/keyboard adapter • US$150.00 + $17.64 shipping
I assume that was you Fixah?
07:42pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6352 posts

Poor reasoning there. What if you want to play console exclusive FPS games? Or what if you'd rather pay $500 once every 5-10 years to keep up with the latest games instead of $1500 every 3 years?

I love my PC games, but there's plenty of good reasons to play on consoles.
07:48pm 08/03/11 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
1736 posts
if you need a US address for shipping use your PayPal account.

go here http://www.hopshopgo.com/hsg/welcome.do?l=en&c=

looks interesting however I'm quite adept at the old console controller. I prefer console games sitting back in the lounge relaxing so a keyboard/mouse combo isn't going to work for me anyway
07:59pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5111 posts
Just checked out that priceusa.com.au (was new to me) and noticed that 3rd most recent sales was:
XIM3 black Xbox mouse/keyboard adapter • US$150.00 + $17.64 shipping
I assume that was you Fixah?
Nah wasn't me, it's being shipped it to my Aunty in the states who in turn will ship it to me. I've discussed this with her last week in anticipation of the XIM3 being restocked.
08:10pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Alize`
Brisbane, Queensland
1553 posts
Greattt.... Now I'm going to get pwnd 10x worse than before.
08:36pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5112 posts
I always owned you with a controller anyway :)
08:41pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Vash
2367 posts

08:52pm 08/03/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14314 posts
This is probably a good video to watch too

09:03pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
6353 posts
Too bad it's not compatible with the PS3 as well. It's a lot more expensive than the alternatives out there, but I'd buy it if it worked on both. It's be f*****g awesome for Killzone 3.
09:54pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
740 posts
cool vid scuzzy, never knew aiming was so complex.
10:05pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5113 posts

looks interesting however I'm quite adept at the old console controller. I prefer console games sitting back in the lounge relaxing so a keyboard/mouse combo isn't going to work for me anyway
Youl could always get one of these for $45:

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-70174716052096_2144_26839332
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_2rWl6WdeTEc/Sd0rkBU5qNI/AAAAAAAADhM/FJyXWlf7MCU/s400/IMG_1399.JPG

http://www.laptopdesk.net/futura-with-regular-mouzpad-and-max-mouzpad.html

Though I can see the costs rising up with a purchase of a decent compatible mouse + keyboard + pad for lounge
10:19pm 08/03/11 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
205 posts
Youl could always get one of these for $45

Hell, you dont even need something fancy like that. I went thru a stage a while ago where i liked leaning back on my chair and gaming from a distance (no idea why) and so i grabbed a decent sized piece of wood (was an old cupboard shelf or something) and some wierd cloth-like material that created friction between my keyboard and mousepad and the wood. Worked perfectly and cost f***all.
10:26pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5114 posts
I'll buy it that piece of wood of you Davo, do you take 0.15kg of salt as payment? think of the tangible benefits.
10:29pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
741 posts
I dun even use a mousepad, my timber desk is smooth as f*** after years of running the mouse across it so it's become a kind of built in mousepad I suppose.
When I first moved out I had no desk, so sat the keyboard on my lap and put the mouse on my bed side table (which wasn't bed side anymore)

/flex, gnight.
11:50pm 08/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5115 posts
03:46pm 09/03/11 Permalink
Mr.Bumpy
Melbourne, Victoria
416 posts
Too bad it's not compatible with the PS3 as well. It's a lot more expensive than the alternatives out there, but I'd buy it if it worked on both. It's be f*****g awesome for Killzone 3.

The PS3 supports USB mice and keyboard out of the box, but it requires game support.
04:34pm 09/03/11 Permalink
Khel
Melbourne, Victoria
15965 posts

Yeah, this is really what renders it pointless for me too. I sit/slouch/lay on the lounge while playing console games, a mouse and keyboard wouldn't really mix well with that.
04:34pm 09/03/11 Permalink
DRIZL
Mackay, Queensland
1 posts
Hey guys i bought one of these a few days ago and it should be here by tuesday. If you look on the xim 3 website you'll find information about international customers. Basically i set up an account with a company called "shipto" who are there for people to buy products from the u.s who are overseas but the company won't ship outside of it. its was free to set up all you pay for is the postage. they also have many different ways of posting some being to your door within 3 days which is what i chose ($48) DHL priority insured as well.

the only thing they will get you to do is type in the customs declaration of what the item actually is. i bought it on the morning of the 9th march, was at my shipto address (L.A) by friday morning and on its way that afternoon. Since its under $1000 i wont get slammed with an import tax neither which is nice.

As far as paying the $150 for the xim 3 i don't mind since i have been playing counter strike since 1.3 and also most of the battlefield/COD games online with my pc but since i have made friends with a small community in mackay that play 360 i have started playing fps on that as well and i must say going from a mouse and keyboard to a sluggish controller was pretty crap. I have had my eye on the xim since the first version but have always missed out on one. all the other adapters for mouse and keyboard are too underdeveloped, the xim runs proper firmware that you can update, something they have put in to make the mouse tuning side of things alot easier.

I'll try and find out if you can run macros as well through it see how i go...

for black ops, something like -> jump/dive/aim down sights/shoot/shoot/shoot. all in the press of one button.

before i get flamed for cheating or what have you, the way i see it, it all comes down to your own personal set up. i mean, you can buy a golf R or what ever car and drive it the way it is, or you can get a stage 2 kit put through it and a suspension upgrade so it runs the way you would rather it too. personal preference.
08:43pm 12/03/11 Permalink
DRIZL
Mackay, Queensland
2 posts
pretty sure that putting macros in will be a no go though. was only thinking of the possibilities. hell even rts games if there are any on the 360 i would play now. those with a controller are annoying as well. but rpgs/driving/fighting games the controller is mandatory. god has anyone tried to play a racing game with a keyboard, lol its a joke!
09:05pm 12/03/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14326 posts
stage 2 kit
what
09:15pm 12/03/11 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
5300 posts
yeah... what?
09:24pm 12/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5128 posts
Looks like they're well and truly stocked up now. I even received an email finally telling me that it is in stock. Still no international orders though.
09:45pm 12/03/11 Permalink
DRIZL
Mackay, Queensland
3 posts
Looks like they're well and truly stocked up now. I even received an email finally telling me that it is in stock. Still no international orders though.

read my post dude. they wont do international for ages. if your happy to wait till whenever then do it, but there is no official release date for international orders. on the site itself it tells you how to go by getting one, heres the link

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=4191.0

and the info your looking for in it...

International shipping?

Due to challenges faced with international shipping the store is only accepting DOMESTIC orders at this time. If you are an international customer and wish to order a xim3 you can use re-mailer services such as http://www.shipito.com. Many of our members have used shipito already and some have even reported it's cheaper than buy from the xim3 store directly. How it works is you pay them to receive the package in the U.S., and they ship it to you internationally for a fee. It's a cheap and effective method of ordering your xim3. There is no ETA for when the xim3 store will be accepting international orders.
11:30pm 12/03/11 Permalink
DRIZL
Mackay, Queensland
4 posts
what

stage 2 kit for a golf R

http://goapr.com.au/products/ecu_upgrade_20tfsi_trans_265hp-vw.html

basically vw golf didnt want you to get more power out of their engine but a "3rd party" company developed their own add ons to the vehicle that does get more out of it. vw doesnt approve of it, but they dont stop it in any way its upto you to since it is your car... although warranty does become a bit of an issue
11:34pm 12/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5129 posts
read my post dude. they wont do international for ages. if your happy to wait till whenever then do it, but there is no official release date for international orders. on the site itself it tells you how to go by getting one, heres the link

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=4191.0

and the info your looking for in it...

International shipping?

Due to challenges faced with international shipping the store is only accepting DOMESTIC orders at this time. If you are an international customer and wish to order a xim3 you can use re-mailer services such as http://www.shipito.com. Many of our members have used shipito already and some have even reported it's cheaper than buy from the xim3 store directly. How it works is you pay them to receive the package in the U.S., and they ship it to you internationally for a fee. It's a cheap and effective method of ordering your xim3. There is no ETA for when the xim3 store will be accepting international orders.
I already read your post. It doesn't apply to me because i've already ordered through my aunty who lives in the states. According to the tracker it looks like she received it so i'm hoping it'll be sent off to me soon.
11:52pm 12/03/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14327 posts
basically vw golf didnt want you to get more power out of their engine
I'd be more inclined to think reliability and emission standards limited the power output of the vehicle when sold from factory, not VW being a meanie.
12:10am 13/03/11 Permalink
Reverend Evil
Wynnum, Queensland
18297 posts
I would consider getting one of these if they turn out to work awesomely. I can't stand using control pads for FPS plus how much fun would it be owning everyone else in the game???
12:16am 13/03/11 Permalink
DRIZL
Mackay, Queensland
5 posts
I'd be more inclined to think reliability and emission standards limited the power output of the vehicle when sold from factory, not VW being a meanie.

my other car is a series 5 rx7 so the vw would be reliable and i couldnt care less about emission standards...
12:54pm 13/03/11 Permalink
DRIZL
Mackay, Queensland
6 posts
I already read your post. It doesn't apply to me because i've already ordered through my aunty who lives in the states. According to the tracker it looks like she received it so i'm hoping it'll be sent off to me soon.

sweet!
12:56pm 13/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5132 posts
No u r!
01:13pm 13/03/11 Permalink
step
Brisbane, Queensland
2222 posts
You could try using Borderlinx? Been used by others on OCAU for ordering hardware from the states.
01:28pm 13/03/11 Permalink
Python
Sydney, New South Wales
909 posts
Anyone received theirs?
Any updates?
10:58am 25/03/11 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
118 posts
Why wouldnt they add game support for PS3 kb/mouse?
11:15am 25/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5240 posts
Still waiting for mine to arrive. My aunt was only able to send it off a week after she got it so i won't be expecting to see it until another 2 weeks.
11:17am 25/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5241 posts
Why wouldnt they add game support for PS3 kb/mouse?
Because the PS3 is an inferior product.

Open up the flood gates!
11:20am 25/03/11 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
119 posts
I guess...

The Xbox360 is going to be divided between players who have the XIM3 and players who don't. Obviously kb/mouse users are going to totally rape anybody using a controller.

Can game developers easily patch this feature into exsisting sony titles?
11:52am 25/03/11 Permalink
DRIZL
Mackay, Queensland
7 posts
I guess...

The Xbox360 is going to be divided between players who have the XIM3 and players who don't. Obviously kb/mouse users are going to totally rape anybody using a controller.

Not necessarily i play hardcore in black ops, free for all and also team deathmatch. The kb/mouse is good for long range sniping with all guns in it. but still, the fact you only need to be hit once or twice negates that fact as long as the controller masses pre aim round the corners they are heading too. Jumping around corners and jump 180 shots are spot on though with kb/mouse.

in core mode though... i see a huge advantage. 44 - 3 on havana yesterday. one kid was whinging for most of the map. 9 headshots on him in a row.

(Suppressed AK-47 Flak jacket pro, Sleight of hand pro, Ninja pro)
02:26pm 26/03/11 Permalink
DRIZL
Mackay, Queensland
8 posts
Still waiting for mine to arrive. My aunt was only able to send it off a week after she got it so i won't be expecting to see it until another 2 weeks.

I'm well happy with mine, homefront though is a really slow game as in movement and aiming speeds, still managed to tune it up though. The cod smart translators work a treat, im yet to try out battlefield 2 yet. cant tell you about any of the halo games cause im no fan of them. i only wish they could do a counter strike for the 360. 1.6 and source in one game would be nice!
02:32pm 26/03/11 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
33294 posts
I'm well happy with mine, homefront though is a really slow game as in movement and aiming speeds, still managed to tune it up though. The cod smart translators work a treat, im yet to try out battlefield 2 yet. cant tell you about any of the halo games cause im no fan of them. i only wish they could do a counter strike for the 360. 1.6 and source in one game would be nice!
so is it completely a different ballgame with it?
05:15pm 26/03/11 Permalink
DRIZL
Mackay, Queensland
9 posts
so is it completely a different ballgame with it?

yeah it is. i took the xim to a lan last night, there was 20 of us all running through a network. we played cod black ops, homefront, modern warfare 2 and gears of war 2.

alot of the guys there never heard of a kb/mouse adapter for a 360. it wasnt even halfway in to the first match where they noticed the difference. as i have a steam account and play mw2, cs source, cod black ops on that too.

you can be more acrobatic in your movements with a kb/mouse, jumping 180 shots, precise nade throws etc etc. alot of close combat they lost due to controller restrictions, they couldnt turn fast enough. running and jumping then landing on a window sill with commando pro knife kill. the guys were all swearing at some of the stuff i was pulling off which is normal on a pc server but they dont play pc. and didnt know you could even do stuff like that. in a firefight of 4 guys on terminal, one went down i got the rest from the other side of the map from just spamming with a silenced scar, thats was the one where they started asking questions on who makes it and how much is it etc etc.

during homefront, my friend said that its to much of an advantage and that if i like kb/mouse then i should stay in pc land and leave the controller people alone. its precision for sniping or ADS in general is spot on and my reaction time vs the others on controllers means that when they are still lining up the shot, i have already hit them in the head.
11:40am 27/03/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5253 posts
Haha, you got balls rocking up to an xbox lan with a mouse and keyboard. I plan on owning controller nubs online where they wont know what hit em.
01:24pm 27/03/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14422 posts
I reiceved my unit the other day and I must say the quality of the product is pretty incredible. The interface is very well done, and making alterations to the configuration is magic. Had to apply a firmware update and that process was also pretty smooth once I got around my issues of trying to do it from a Windows XP virtual machine running under OSX :)

I've got it hooked up to a pretty standard logitech mouse and a belkin keypad (having a D-pad is handy) and the mouse input is amazingly smooth. Still getting used to it, but it's pretty snazzy.
It's a hardware emulator, so unless they introduce some kind of security mechanism like what HDCP does, the xim3 can keep happily telling the xbox whatever it want's to belive. There's still a real controller hooked up to it aswell.

last edited by scuzzy at 00:41:18 15/Apr/11
12:28am 15/04/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5445 posts
Yeah i got mine as well, just haven't bothered to pick up a genuine wired controller. I might get off my ass and do it this weekend.

Scuzzy, How do you normally apply the firmware update (win 7)? just hook it up to PC, download and install?
01:13am 15/04/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14424 posts
Sign up to the forums, there's downloadable updates from there (I was kinda annoyed you had to register to donwload drivers). Single exe that you run where you can flash firmware and the smart translator thingies. they xim3 also can't be bricked aparently, there's a reset switch on the side that puts it into "pc mode" to be re-flashed

http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?board=52.0

I ended up buying a Razor/Belkin Nostromo gamepad for use with the xim, liked having a d-pad for inventory selections in games and had one of these in the past.

last edited by scuzzy at 01:55:47 15/Apr/11
01:42am 15/04/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5447 posts
One of these suckers?

http://www.mrgadget.com.au/catalog/images/belkin_nostromo_n52te_gamepad.jpg

Nice one. Looks crazy. How much did that set you back? they're about $100 on ebay.
01:59am 15/04/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14425 posts
Yeah that's the one, mine was Razor branded and it's pretty much the same product (belkin was the original designer of the product and have had a few model iterations) I'm in Taiwan till the end of the month, and picked it up for about $65. There's an older model (orange coloured) that should be a bit cheaper, or used if the keys ain't gummy. I think I've still got my older one kicking around at home, could clean it up and see how well it still works.

last edited by scuzzy at 03:38:28 15/Apr/11
03:15am 15/04/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5448 posts
Sell me your old one :p
09:50am 15/04/11 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
33471 posts
one of you guys wanna whip up a review for us?!? With a particular view to multiplayer performance/abilities.. if you're interested shoot me a PM
09:51am 15/04/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5449 posts
If scuzzy doesn't get one in in the next week or so then I don't mind doing a write up of it. I may even record myself playing it just for kicks.
04:39pm 15/04/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14431 posts
I'm pretty rubbish at writing, but I can give it a go :)

And yeah if I find my older pad I'll see if it's still usefull for yoy Fixah
04:49pm 15/04/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5452 posts
I'm pretty rubbish at writing, but I can give it a go :)

And yeah if I find my older pad I'll see if it's still usefull for yoy Fixah

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/5333/46313575.jpg
04:58pm 15/04/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14449 posts
Just got another in stock email, US orders only so you'll need a friend or a shipping proxy:
This notification mail is to inform you that XIM3 is now available for purchase!

XIM3 is the most sophisticated mouse and keyboard (and more) adapter available on any console. Unsurpassed by its quality, ease-of-use, and flexibility, XIM3 is the perfect companion to the even most demanding gamer.
http://www.xim3.com/

last edited by scuzzy at 13:51:15 21/Apr/11
01:49pm 21/04/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5487 posts
Get awn it.

Found your older pad yet scuzzy :D ?
04:11pm 21/04/11 Permalink
scuzzy
Other International
14492 posts
Bump because they're now accepting international orders directly with paypal and credit cards.

http://store.xim3.com/
12:43pm 30/04/11 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
5537 posts
noice.
07:32pm 30/04/11 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:32pm 30/04/11 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.