The following are some standard guidelines for how to be a conscientious user of this site.
The full set of rules for the forums are available in this forum thread
. This thread is maintained actively. Users are expected to have at least glanced at this; failure to comply with any of the rules will be met with removal of your post and possible suspension or removal of your account.
- Keep your replies related to the original topic. If you wish to talk about something else, create a new topic. This helps other users only read the material they are interested in
- Post replies which contribute to the topic at hand. Replying with 'haha' or 'that sucks', etc is frowned upon.
- Be nice to other users. Just because this is a web-based medium does not mean normal social rules do not apply to you.
- Post content with excessive foul or abusive language.
- Post pornography, links to pornography sites, or other disgusting material.
- Post racially defamatory material.
- Post links to third party websites containing illegal software such as 'warez'.
- Post links to copyrighted third party material, such as music ("mp3s") or movies ("DivXs") that are not available for free distribution.
- Post replies to old topics ("thread resurrection") unless you have something serious to add to the discussion.
- Use a large or otherwise obtrusive signature. In particular, do not put sounds or music in your signature.
- Create an account with the purpose of impersonating another AusForums.com user.
- Post blatant inflammatory messages intended to start an argument and not conversation.
- Create a new account for the purposes of getting around a ban.
Lastly, do not post messages complaining about removal of content ("nuking").
Forum moderators may remove content as they see fit; if you dont agree with their policies visit another forum where the moderation policy is more to your liking.