We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Official AusGamers Battlefield 4 Server Setup Q&A
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
964 posts
Update! We have a whole forum here: http://www.ausgamers.com/forums/gsr/index.php

We can't do support via the forums, either by forum thread or by private message. It is just too messy, and I'm too likely to miss a question.

If you want support, use the contact form here http://www.ausgamers.com/contact/?info=Rentals and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible.

That being said, if you just can't help yourselves, this is the one and only thread to ask server config questions. I'll check it when I can and give the answers I can. If the answer is something I can't give in an open forum, I'll direct you to the contact form.

To start, a Q from imminentsoldier:
Just 1 question. do I need to set maxplayercount to 64 on the 70slot server to allow for 4 spectators and 2 commanders?
No, since 64 players is the maximum players supported, the extra slots goes to the 2 commanders, then the leftovers to spectators. Your servers are currently properly reporting 66 players + 4 spectators.
04:36pm 28/10/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:36pm 28/10/13 Permalink
imminentsoldier
8 posts
I was getting a msg in procon before you fixed 1 of the servers Malthius "object reference set to an instance of an object"
after you fixed the server, procon loaded that server up fine. now I am getting the same thing on another server.

can you please check them all.

And how do we go about getting server support?

Thanks
04:47pm 28/10/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
967 posts
imminentsoldier: You need to set an rcon password, and it needs to be done via the configuration page for each server, not in the configuration files or anywhere else. If the rcon password isn't set on the configuration page, the server will not accept connections.

How to get server support?
If you want support, use the contact form here http://www.ausgamers.com/contact/?info=Rentals
05:33pm 28/10/13 Permalink
Adsa
Melbourne, Victoria
22 posts
You need more work Malthius, how about a FAQ :D
05:36pm 28/10/13 Permalink
ph33x
Thailand
474 posts
You need more work Malthius, how about a FAQ :D

My thoughts exactly. I'm sure as he gets asked the same questions over and over we'll see one. ;)
05:37pm 28/10/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
968 posts
I worked on the FAQ yesterday, then forgot to mail it to myself / post it before I came in today. I'll get it online tonight.
05:47pm 28/10/13 Permalink
syk3
7 posts
Just so you know the Help link in the control panel features/read/3368477 does not go anywhere (blank page) for me.

Good work on the FAQ though will help heaps of people i think you will find.
05:53pm 28/10/13 Permalink
MrMickeyG
Melbourne, Victoria
1 posts
My server seems to have ip and port details for someone else's BF3 server because when Procon connects its definitely not my server!

Email sent.
07:00pm 28/10/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
969 posts
My server seems to have ip and port details for someone else's BF3 server because when Procon connects its definitely not my server!Email sent.

Sorry, we have a few of those floating around. I can find most of them because the server fails to start (and I get an alarm), but do log a support request if it happens.
07:52pm 28/10/13 Permalink
MrMickeyG
Melbourne, Victoria
2 posts
Sorry, we have a few of those floating around. I can find most of them because the server fails to start (and I get an alarm), but do log a support request if it happens.

Thanks - i think you may have changed the wrong one though... I'll send the details through.
07:58pm 28/10/13 Permalink
bau5hog
Brisbane, Queensland
1 posts
is ausgamers offering procon layers?
08:04pm 28/10/13 Permalink
MrMickeyG
Melbourne, Victoria
3 posts
Thanks - i think you may have changed the wrong one though... I'll send the details through.

Disregard - i think i stuffed up something in the startup.txt but I have reverted it to original and all good.
08:32pm 28/10/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
970 posts

Not yet, and no ETA on when we'll have it up. I want to do it, but its a lower priority than PayPal support etc.
08:33pm 28/10/13 Permalink
Adsa
Melbourne, Victoria
23 posts

rent a VPS through Mammoth for $9.95 a month and host your own plus what ever else you want.
09:07pm 28/10/13 Permalink
imminentsoldier
9 posts
Is it just me or is the startup config file not replacing the configuration page?
09:28pm 28/10/13 Permalink
Adsa
Melbourne, Victoria
24 posts
Is it just me or is the startup config file not replacing the configuration page?

By editing the startup config file you override what is in the configuration page. It wont show in the main configuration page

If you haven't used GC a great deal it is a good idea to read the docs, I refer back to it quite a lot.

http://doc.gamecreate.com/FrontPage
09:36pm 28/10/13 Permalink
imminentsoldier
10 posts
Sorry should of explained a little more.

What I found after adding the servers to procon is, the configs from startup.txt didn't take affect. I noticed the server name and description wasn't what I added in the startup.txt file. normally I wouldn't have a problem and started scratching my head. so anyway, I changed the server name and server description on the configuration page, restarted and then it showed correctly on procon.

Maybe its the pain killers i'm on. probs wait for 2moro when my head is clear and I am thinking straight and not seeing doubles anymore. :)
09:52pm 28/10/13 Permalink
imminentsoldier
11 posts
so I have gone over the startup.txt several of times and they keep showing up as custom and pb off. never had this much trouble in bf3. so I am assuming things are being done a little different in bf4 but I don't know what I am doing wrong.

the following are my settings for normal and hardcore. if someone can have a look for me it will be much appreciated.

Normal...

vars.serverType %ranked%
punkBuster.activate
vars.3dSpotting "true"
vars.3pCam "true"
vars.alwaysAllowSpectators "true"
vars.autoBalance "true"
vars.bulletDamage "100"
vars.commander "true"
vars.crossHair "true"
vars.forceReloadWholeMags "false"
vars.friendlyFire "false"
vars.gameModeCounter "300"
%password%vars.gamePassword %password%
vars.hud "true"
vars.idleBanRounds "0"
vars.idleTimeout "300"
vars.killCam "true"
%maxPlayerCount% != Unlimitedvars.maxPlayers %maxPlayerCount%
vars.maxSpectators "4"
vars.miniMap "true"
vars.miniMapSpotting "true"
vars.nameTag "true"
vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn "false"
vars.playerRespawnTime "100"
vars.regenerateHealth "true"
vars.roundStartPlayerCount "1"
vars.roundRestartPlayerCount "2"
vars.serverDescription "Welcome to another imminentsoldiers.com server. Feel free to join us on TS | ts.clancg3.com:10005"
vars.soldierHealth "100"
vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed "true"
vars.vehicleSpawnDelay "100"
vars.playerManDownTime "100"

vars.roundTimeLimit
vars.roundLockdownCountdown
vars.mpExperience
vars.hitIndicatorsEnabled "true"
vars.forceReloadWholeMags "false"

Hardcore...

vars.serverType "ranked"
punkBuster.activate
vars.serverName "imminentsoldiers.com CQ HC | 200%tks
vars.adminPassword ""
vars.3dSpotting "false"
vars.3pCam "false"
vars.alwaysAllowSpectators "true"
vars.autoBalance "true"
vars.bulletDamage "100"
vars.commander "true"
vars.crossHair "true"
vars.forceReloadWholeMags "true"
vars.friendlyFire "true"
vars.gameModeCounter "200"
%password%vars.gamePassword %password%
vars.hud "false"
vars.idleBanRounds "0"
vars.idleTimeout "300"
vars.killCam "false"
vars.maxPlayers "64"
vars.maxSpectators "4"
vars.miniMap "false"
vars.miniMapSpotting "false"
vars.nameTag "false"
vars.onlySquadLeaderSpawn "true"
vars.playerRespawnTime "100"
vars.regenerateHealth "false"
vars.roundStartPlayerCount "2"
vars.roundRestartPlayerCount "1"
vars.serverDescription HC Conquest | Teamspeak - ts.clancg3.com:10005 | imminentsoldiers.com is a gaming community and clan as Community Gamers Elite. Visit imminentsoldiers.com or clancg3.com for more.
vars.soldierHealth "60"
vars.vehicleSpawnAllowed "true"
vars.vehicleSpawnDelay "100"
vars.playerManDownTime "100"

vars.roundTimeLimit "0"
vars.mpExperience
vars.hitIndicatorsEnabled "false"
vars.forceReloadWholeMags "true"

Thanks.
09:50am 29/10/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
975 posts
Update! We have a whole forum here: http://www.ausgamers.com/forums/gsr/index.php

imminentsoldier: check this post: http://www.ausgamers.com/forums/gsr/thread.php/3370758
02:48pm 29/10/13 Permalink
imminentsoldier
12 posts
thanks. that answers everything for me :D

also Malthius, please ignore last email I sent you.

thank you.
03:18pm 29/10/13 Permalink
Keato
Melbourne, Victoria
588 posts
Not renting anything or asking a question.
Just some feedback.

This is damn cool, from a guy who has been around since Quake, you guys provide some damn good support for the gaming community. You can hire a server for $10 a month and get this sort of support.

Good job Mammoth and good work those supporting it.

my 2c
10:53am 31/10/13 Permalink
Malthius
Brisbane, Queensland
987 posts
Not renting anything or asking a question.
Just some feedback.

This is damn cool, from a guy who has been around since Quake, you guys provide some damn good support for the gaming community. You can hire a server for $10 a month and get this sort of support.

Good job Mammoth and good work those supporting it.

my 2c

People like you are why I'm still sane at the end of this week. <3
07:31pm 01/11/13 Permalink
Audi
Perth, Western Australia
272 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Dumb
04:04am 02/11/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close