We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Outlook for Mac 2011 - Signature Issues
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2940 posts
gday gents,

Simple issue: Outlook 2011 for Mac. When you create a new email and change the 'from' field - the signature does not get updated automatically to match the email you are sending.

I have researched quite a bit online and everyone seems to say that Microsoft have removed the feature entirely (which is extremely odd). My question is more has anyone had a play with this and found a work around or something similar.

We have thought to append the email signature at the exchange server but these guys want the signature displayed at their end so they know which account they are working out of.

Any thoughts ?
12:53pm 13/05/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:53pm 13/05/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6559 posts
Click on the account that you're sending from, then click new mail? That way it sends from the correct account without changing the 'from' field?

IE: if i click support@xyz.com but i want it from skythra@xyz.com i have to change the from field. But if i click skythra@xyz before clicking "compose" then it'll work.

I don't have a process change solution for replies though. Sorry.
02:50pm 13/05/13 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2941 posts
I understand what you are saying, just click on the different account on the left prior to creating a new email.

This is the most basic way I can think to make this work however customer not overly impressed with that solution.

Took some thinking but this is what I Have come up with as a solution...
Looking at probably running Virtualbox in Seamless mode just for Microsoft Office 2010 but then you get file saving issues (fixed by dropbox) and setting up printers etc (network printers should be easy).

That or we just move them entirely to RDP sessions on a hosted terminal server. But Mac lovers dont take kindly to those type of suggestions lol
03:09pm 13/05/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36975 posts
FWIW this functionality exists & works perfectly in Mozilla Thunderbird (which is available for Mac), but I suspect changing email client might not be an option...?
03:11pm 13/05/13 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2942 posts
It may be trog, I haven't looked into thunderbird yet.
We are using exchange also
03:22pm 13/05/13 Permalink
HerbalLizard
Brisbane, Queensland
5786 posts
Have you thought about doing the sigs exchange side, if you have it??
04:52pm 13/05/13 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2943 posts
Hey herbal- I was considering doing sigs server side however the guys want to actually see it - It's one of those issues that could have been resolved with Microsoft just adding the feature.
Probably going to have to seamless outlook 2010
07:15pm 13/05/13 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5607 posts
hey mate i just bought this program for our signatures we running exchange 2007 and it works perfectly. http://www.codetwo.com/exchange-rules-2010/

it goes into your sent items and adds the signature into once you send it
09:16pm 13/05/13 Permalink
andrewus
Brisbane, Queensland
2945 posts
Thanks TiT that's pretty cool although these guys want to see signatures as they are composing which is where the difficulty lies :/
09:44pm 13/05/13 Permalink
Jayman
Brisbane, Queensland
830 posts
I may be wrong but I don't think Thunderbird is being developed anymore on Mac? I use Postbox now and it has no problems doing this. It's based on Thunderbird.

http://www.postbox-inc.com/
10:19pm 13/05/13 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5608 posts
Does Postbox support Exchange though? IMAP is pretty s***
10:50pm 13/05/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36978 posts
I may be wrong but I don't think Thunderbird is being developed anymore on Mac? I use Postbox now and it has no problems doing this. It's based on Thunderbird.
You are wrong as far as I know; 17.0.5 is the latest version across all platforms: downloads.
09:29am 14/05/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:29am 14/05/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.