Can't have another LAN because:
1. Lots of hassle to organize
2. The event usually runs at a cost to it self.
3. Internet got more prominent.
4. Organization and power load balancing take a bit.
5. Finding a venue.
6. A lot of the games these days need a net connection
6a. Not many games have a LAN Mode or LAN Play...
6b. So you end up playing TF2, COD4, etc
7. Trendies decided 'gaming is cool'
8. Used to be quite a few gaming LAN Cafes around Melbourne. Quite have since closed down or moved into the 'gaming bar' style area.
9. Setting up competitions is a hassle. Recently at Respawn LAN there were problems with the COD4 comp and people putting money in the kitty so-to-speak.
9a. People can't organize their own competitions.
10. Gaming cafes or PC Bangs are prominent in South Korea, Vietnam and Laos cause of the socioeconomic factor, but that has gotten better over the years.http://www.shafted.com.au/
- Here's what we used to run in Melbournehttp://respawn.com.au
- Here is what is left of Shafted cause back in the day we did a good job. Usually booked out very fast.