AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty Patch 2.0.4 Now Live
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
1251 posts
The anticipated v2.0.4 patch for StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty has landed (thanks ^d); the in-game updater will obviously get you upgraded but you can also download the manual patch now locally from AusGamers for PC and Mac OS X.

There's an extensive changelog which can be fully viewed at the official website, but some of the more major changes include a revamped UI, the addition of the new clan and groups system, new replay features and the freedom to select any game region to connect to and play with Global Play. There's a lot of balance changes; what's the verdict on them?

In related StarCraft 2 news, Blizzard has also announced details on the upcoming Australian launch party for the Heart of the Swarm expansion, which will be hosted by EB Games in Federation Square, Melbourne, Victoria.
Local festivities will start at 8:00 p.m. AEDT on March 11, and will feature special guest hosts from the StarCraft II and eSports community, including commentators Leigh “Maynarde” Mandalov and Sean “Flamga” Krauter. Live eSports show matches will be played by top Australian pro gamers including Andrew “mOOnGLaDe” Pender, Jared “PiG” Krensel, Mark “yang” Richardson and Daniel “deth” Haynes. The night’s celebrations will also include a developer panel by StarCraft II Game Director, Dustin Browder, digital speed painting by StarCraft II 3D Artist Luke Mancini, a developer Q&A featuring both developers in attendance, a cosplay contest, music videos by Viva La Dirt League and a series of epic prize giveaways. When the clock strikes midnight, gamers will be able to pick up their copies of the expansion as well as have them autographed by members of the StarCraft II development team.
You can learn more about the upcoming launch party at the official website, which also includes further information on the 21-hour broadcast.
09:03am 26/02/13 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
09:03am 26/02/13 Permalink
kos
Germany
2542 posts
In summary, the patch essentially turns your WoL into HotS but without the new campaign and new multiplayer units.
Map load times seem to have been significantly improved as well.

Interesting to see a downloadable patch installer, though I haven't really paid much attention to patches in the past, is this is the first patch to also be distributed like that?
09:13am 26/02/13 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1525 posts
Oh haha interesting, I installed the other and have been running the new patch/UI, just hadn't realised. I Thought there were some options that seemed new, but assumed I had just forgotten their existance.
10:54pm 26/02/13 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
928 posts
speaking of which, new trailer

09:35am 27/02/13 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
09:35am 27/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks