We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Firefox smartphones coming this year
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3936 posts
Is there room for another phone OS?

Mozilla, the non-profit foundation behind the popular Firefox web browser, is getting into phones. But it's not stopping at web browsers — it's launching an entire phone operating system. Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/digital-life/mobiles/firefox-smartphones-coming-this-year-20130225-2f08t.html#ixzz2LuO3YRM7

It's a long haul that can chew up funds. It's not really clear from this article what their point of difference would be so we'll have to wait and see.
10:16pm 25/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:16pm 25/02/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7329 posts
Their Android browser runs pretty poorly, and their desktop browser increasingly so, so I wouldn't be optimistic.
10:18pm 25/02/13 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11823 posts

If it's anything like their mobile browser it will be complete s***.
10:20pm 25/02/13 Permalink
Opec
Brisbane, Queensland
7731 posts
They should get browser on Android right first... so no I wouldn't buy it.
10:49pm 25/02/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6436 posts
Is there room for another phone OS?
Sure isn't!

(PS Best concept ever, too bad none of it works in reality, well at least not yet)
11:18pm 25/02/13 Permalink
Linker
Brisbane, Queensland
1742 posts
Does anyone even use Firefox these days? It used to be good back in the day, but Chrome just blitzes it on Windows (and Safari on OSX).
11:21pm 25/02/13 Permalink
shrapse
Brisbane, Queensland
3816 posts
Does anyone even use Firefox these days? It used to be good back in the day, but Chrome just blitzes it on Windows (and Safari on OSX).

Yeah
12:50am 26/02/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3937 posts
08:05am 26/02/13 Permalink
mongie
Brisbane, Queensland
7650 posts
Its designed to be for developing markets (at least initially) everything is HTML based.

Its also looking like a piece of s*** at least in its current form.

The SGS IV is not going to be running it :D
08:48am 26/02/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8620 posts
I sure do, switched a few weeks ago as Chrome was annoying the crap out of me with its consistent locking and slow browsing.

I'm interested more in the Ubuntu phones then the Firefox ones, but I'll definitely keep an eye on both as it could be interesting.
09:14am 26/02/13 Permalink
kos
Germany
2543 posts
I sure do, switched a few weeks ago as Chrome was annoying the crap out of me with its consistent locking and slow browsing.

If you're managing to make Chrome slow down and lock up, you're doing the internet wrong.

It even has its own task manager to tell you which tabs and exactly which extensions are using what percentage of your CPU, memory and bandwidth.
09:21am 26/02/13 Permalink
qmass
Queensland
10534 posts
How can a totally subjective topic be won with a 'blitz' ? They are the same in every functional way except for branding.
10:30am 26/02/13 Permalink
kos
Germany
2545 posts
How can a totally subjective topic be won with a 'blitz' ? They are the same in every functional way except for branding.

While I agree that it's not a 'blitz', I also don't think it's totally subjective.

I mean sure, they're equal on basic browser functionality, but you can easily compare things like program load time, web page render time and javascript execution speed quite objectively.

Personally I use both for different things, though I use Chrome the vast majority of the time. For me Chrome is a faster, leaner, cleaner, prettier browser, and Firefox is a much more customisable one.
11:22am 26/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:22am 26/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close