Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
Gmail Issues
Murderer
Tasmania
2021 posts
Hey guys,

In the last couple of days my gmail account has appeared to of lost all of its, sent mail and all of my inbox.

There are 4 emails in there but they are from the last 2 days.

Anyone else experiencing problems?? I checked the service status page etc and it said there was issues but they were about a week ago.

And I also cannot find anywhere to e-mail gmail etc to tell them?!
11:35am 20/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6404 posts
Change your password.
Murderer
Tasmania
2022 posts
could have been comprimised!?!

generally tells u if something weird happens though yeah?!

who the f*** would delete my inbox/sent mail?
11:53am 20/02/13 Permalink
cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
1878 posts
check your login history you've been hacked.

set up the 2 step login as well, the sms code thats sent to you after you put your password in.
01:40pm 20/02/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1220 posts
who the f*** would delete my inbox/sent mail?

Someone who doesn't want you to see what they have done with your email account. Could have been used for all sorts of activities and now you have 0 idea what they were.
01:54pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Murderer
Tasmania
2023 posts
f**** sakes.

blergh,

been doing a bit of reading and from what I can tell, a few people in the last few days have experienced the same issue.

However, gmail say they cant rectify it.

Reckon there would be anyway that gmail would do backups of accounts and perhaps would be able to restore mine from a month ago perhaps?
02:49pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6189 posts
I know their Business one (that you pay for) would be able to do that. The Free one? Probably not.
03:00pm 20/02/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36739 posts
Back it up yourself is always a good idea. Quick Google search :http://www.webupd8.org/2011/03/how-to-backup-gmail-using-thunderbird.html

edit: actually that guide might suck. If you reopen Tbird and it syncs after your Gmail is wiped I assume you'll just lose all your local content.
03:06pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Murderer
Tasmania
2024 posts
blerrrrgh!!!

no evidence of someone hacking me etc.

Cant even find a way to contact gmail support?!

Would just like to atleast ask them if they can tell whats happened etc.
03:52pm 20/02/13 Permalink
IVY_MiKe
Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
1396 posts
Take a quick gander and make sure that there aren't any rules setup to forward or delete your incoming mail.

(Under the Settings menu select 'filters' and make sure nothing strange or wonderful has been put in there.)

I doubt it's of any use to the stuff that has gone missing, but it might make the address usable at least.
04:23pm 20/02/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6408 posts
I don't know how to contact support, but i do know that you can submit a form for compromised accounts.. but i'm not sure what the deal is when gmail has lost all your emails.. keep the thread up to date, i'm listening (every 8 hours or so)
06:59pm 20/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:59pm 20/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.