Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Developer Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Review
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5787 posts
Few series spark as much fanfare and protection around IP particulars than Hideo Kojima's Metal Gear Solid, and upon news the latest entrant -- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance -- would be developed not by Kojima Productions, but Platinum Games, fans were obviously somewhat weary.

Not that Platinum are slouches in the actin game department, but MGS is known for its stealth and unbelievably drawn-out narratives, and everything we've all seen up to this point and post Platinum in charge reveal has been that formula's opposite. But as Dave Kozicki discovered, cringing need not apply here, as Revengeance serves up a slicetastic romp of limb removal, blood sprays and off-the-wall Eastern characterisation.

Check out his full review for more.
07:13pm 19/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:13pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Baggy
Sunshine Coast, Queensland
7 posts
Hey Dave, i found that the demo on the ps3 seemed to control better than on the 360, that might have come down to the controller suiting the game better (a first). I really wanted to hate this, as it seems to be the opposite of everything Metal Gear is, but after several playthroughs on the ps3 (it sucked on 360), getting used to "blade time"... I really liked it. I read Kojima wanted to base the game on Frank Jaeger rather than that pansy Raiden, but his Gen Y crew wanted the metrosexual Raiden...Go figure.

Also, why is the 360 demo 1.8gb and the ps3 3.45?? o_0

Nice review man.
09:20am 25/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:20am 25/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.