AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Airport Link goes bust
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2473 posts
http://www.news.com.au/national/brisconnections-operators-of-brisbane-airport-link-go-into-voluntary-administration/story-fndo4ckr-1226581072535

The tunnel will remain open and available to road users as normal.

A buyer has still not been found for the tollway which carries about 25,000 vehicles a day. It is the second tollway to go broke shortly after opening.

At last count, about 45,000 vehicles a day were using the $4.8 billion roadway, 90,000 fewer than forecast.

Traffic volumes have declined steadily since the end of the toll-free period, despite the introduction of a discounted toll.

When will companies and the gov't realise that 90% of the general public hate tolls?
04:11pm 19/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:11pm 19/02/13 Permalink
ara
Sydney, New South Wales
3593 posts
hopefully the QLD govt will pick it up for a song and then just remove the tolls....
04:17pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6186 posts
Win for the collective 'Us'
Loss for the private investors.
04:22pm 19/02/13 Permalink
evıs
Brisbane, Queensland
6619 posts
I totally love paying to go past a bunch of speed cameras and get stuck behind people that think 80km/h means 70. Idiots.
04:23pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4208 posts
legacy tunnel will be totes diff tho
04:29pm 19/02/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22250 posts
This thread needs some lolbertarians to post in it.
04:31pm 19/02/13 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3811 posts
Will be good in about ten years if the toll is low.
04:55pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
35177 posts
tolls are crazy high. obviosuly the only people that use these toll roads are people in business vehicles where someone else is paying.
05:01pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Tiny
Brisbane, Queensland
3359 posts
There is sometimes a valid reason to spend the money. Depends what your time is worth to you.
05:07pm 19/02/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3915 posts
obviosuly the only people that use these toll roads are people in business vehicles where someone else is paying.

yep.
05:11pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
35179 posts
There is sometimes a valid reason to spend the money. Depends what your time is worth to you.

ok, busy people with mad skrilla use the tolls too.
05:12pm 19/02/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3916 posts
Wonder how many tenderers there will be next time the govt feels the need for a tunnel?
05:18pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Pinky
Melbourne, Victoria
13918 posts
A buyer has still not been found for the tollway which carries about 25,000 vehicles a day.

At last count, about 45,000 vehicles a day were using the $4.8 billion roadway, 90,000 fewer than forecast.

Is it just me or is there a major maths fail here? Does it carry 25k or 45k vehicles a day?
05:39pm 19/02/13 Permalink
TicMan
Melbourne, Victoria
8456 posts
Is this the one that starts around Milton and comes out flying above Sandgate Rd down the side of Toombul?
05:52pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20659 posts
Is it just me or is there a major maths fail here? Does it carry 25k or 45k vehicles a day?

The 25k is the Clem7 they're talking about I think, cos it comes after they mention the Clem7 went broke as well. It doesn't make sense to say 'A buyer still has not been found' with regards to AirportLink since administrators were only just appointed today.
05:57pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1323 posts
90,000 fewer than forecast.
LOL.
Because the forecasts are totally based on traffic volume and the figure isnt influenced by how quickly investors want a return.

Reduce the toll, increase the throughfare.
06:02pm 19/02/13 Permalink
DK
Brisbane, Queensland
808 posts
Toll the city. Make the tunnels free. Buses in Brisbane might run on time around the city and more people will use pt
06:10pm 19/02/13 Permalink
scooby
Brisbane, Queensland
4531 posts
turn off the cameras, raise the limit to 140 and ill pay to use it :D
06:16pm 19/02/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19517 posts
Toll the city. Make the tunnels free. Buses in Brisbane might run on time around the city and more people will use pt

this is a great idea.

as to fpot's standard moronic "lolbertarian" comment, this is a fantastic example of the market being best placed to make these decisions of risk, because they are using their own (or rather the bank's) money, instead of taxpayers having to foot the bill (pink batts, school halls, stimulus).

if investors and bankers don't do their homework and continue to swallow these fabricated usage estimates then as they say "caveat emptor" - don't go putting your superannuation in long shots. Maybe fpot is trying to say there should be a bailout.

I never know what his point is because he is so irrational.
06:21pm 19/02/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22252 posts
infi: bunch of lolbertarian drivel
ahhh there it is http://i.imgur.com/qLWuRdA.gif

Now we just need to hear from cainer and loutl.
06:25pm 19/02/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19518 posts
Care to make a point about the airport link?
06:35pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7680 posts
Thing that s**** me about tolls is when you're still paying to drive in a carpark. Laws should be introduced that if you don't get from tollpoint A to B within, maybe, 70% of the time it would take at the speed limit, the toll is reduced, and below another figure (say 50%) it's waived.
This would ensure operators do something to fix congestion.

As far as the comments about people hating tolls - too right. Look at Eastlink - traffic must almost triple straight after the Springvale Road entrance.
06:37pm 19/02/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22253 posts
I'd rather make a point about lolbertarians. Remember that time the lolbertarian said "hey guys, f*** government intervention, if the free market had control of everything we'd be living in a shiny utopia!"

That sure worked this time! Now take this monumental infrastructure failure it apply it to a lolbertarian world where almost all infrastructure is privately owned and operated. I sure would like to live there! Ron Paul 2012... errr 2016!
06:45pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2474 posts
Remember that time the lolbertarian said "hey guys, f*** government intervention, if the free market had control of everything we'd be living in a shiny utopia!"

I think the word you're looking for is fiscal conservative.

There isn't such a thing such as fiscal libertarian.. are you thinking of fiscal neoliberalism? protip; both aussie parties are seen as fiscally neoliberal.

Social libertarianism is where it's at anyway.
06:52pm 19/02/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19519 posts
That sure worked this time! Now take this monumental infrastructure failure it apply it to a lolbertarian world where almost all infrastructure is privately owned and operated.

the government was directly involved in the planning and design of this toll road. so... that's awkward.
06:55pm 19/02/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22254 posts
Whew really? For a second there I thought the Queensland government had absolutely no involvement in a major roads project in its capital city.

You see infi, some of us (non-lolbertarians) don't live in a dichotomous lolbertarian world where one side is completely bad and one is completely good. Some of us (again, non-lolbertarians) can sit and think for a bit and realise that hey, maybe the private sector is good at doing some things, but on the other hand it is essential for the government to take care of some things too.

Anyway, I have had my fill of lolbertarian drivel for today. Thanks dude.
07:02pm 19/02/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9919 posts
Models are always going to fail when the Model is designed to output a predetermined result.

I see Gympie Rd Kedron in the afternoons most days and on weekdays once it gets to 4 O'clock its bumper to bumper from Lutwyche to Chermside.
It hasnt helped shrinking the main Gympie Rd into two lanes at Kedron then feeding two Toll lanes squeezed into 3 lanes.
Thats too many sausages down the hallway.

Even Stafford rd is becoming a carpark.
The last two weeks traffic has been backing up to the off ramp from the toll road onto Stafford Rd. and its even slower than Gympie Rd.

Its an absolute truckload of FAIL.
And on top of all that, they stick Cameras everywhere inside.
What brainless idiot thought that would encourage more traffic ?

The Bikeway under the bridge though and the lanscaped area looks great.
Though it needs a shop.
The Bus Terminal should have been where the Emergency Services is.
Or better yet the whole Tunnel should have gone out to Aspley.
Could have by-passed all of that traffic at Kedron/Chermside.

I just cant believe in this day and age they could get it so wrong.
They werent supposed to cut the main road lanes from 3 to 2 but even that failed to help. And the network cant accomodate the s***** number of cars using at the moment, imagine what it would have looked like if those projections were accurate ?

How to fix it ?
well duh, lower the Tolls.
Although that will just turn the tollway exits into longer carparks.
07:06pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2475 posts
lol fpot you moron, read again.

this is a fantastic example of the market being best placed to make these decisions of risk

I swear you're trolling or something.
07:06pm 19/02/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22255 posts
That is a fantastic example of a lolbertarian applying lolbertarian spin to make lolbertarianism not look lol.
07:11pm 19/02/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19520 posts
try and find one libertarian anywhere on the face of the earth who suggests government should not be involved in road planning. good work on the moronic entertainment for the day :)

i still don't even know why you posted in this thread as you have not made a point yet.
07:31pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21405 posts

I use the tollway to get to my brothers place because I either pay $5 in tolls, or $20 in fuel because the long way round involves a tonne of traffic lights and stop start BS.
07:32pm 19/02/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22258 posts
Really? The reason was to troll lolbertarians, the biggest joke on the internet, and it worked a charm.

Dude, I have seen plenty of internet lolbertarians suggest that literally everything should be free market and the government shouldn't exist at all. Remember dazedandconfused?

Anyway roads aren't even the stupidest thing that lolbertarians suggest should be private. Some even suggest health care should be completely handled by the free market. Stellar idea that one!
07:36pm 19/02/13 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17830 posts
Lolling hard at this not really sure how anyone could invest in this after the traffic volume calcs on the first section *f2b awkiesssssssss*

Either way it is in now and it's not going anywhere, you'd have to be fairly dense if you think the speed cameras should be removed in a tunnel like that. Even though i know where the cameras are :)

Facey is exagerating a bit it piles up at that exit at kedron a couple of times a week usually on thursday night. In the mornings though it is awesome it has completely fixed through lutwyche on gympie road
08:03pm 19/02/13 Permalink
scooby
Brisbane, Queensland
4532 posts
:D cameras are marked with reflectors on the wall yea?
as seen in this pic on the right
http://performanceforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63525&d=1361147171

apparently only 2 per direction per lane or something?
08:11pm 19/02/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9904 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: citation needed / conspiracy theory
08:14pm 19/02/13 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17831 posts
in the tunnel that goes under the river yes they are on the bottom of the concrete barriers on the side

in the airport link tunnel they are on the road in line with the linemarking they are, you can't miss them if you look hard enough there are no other reflective markers in the tunnel that run between the lanes
08:25pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8587 posts
I went through four times on Saturday to drop girlfriend off and then pick her up, cost me $13 something which is absolutely absurd. Hopefully this means lower toll costs or none at all.
08:28pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20660 posts
Should be like a daily thing, pay a toll and you can go back and forth through it as many times as you need to till it clocks over at midnight or something.
08:35pm 19/02/13 Permalink
DK
Brisbane, Queensland
809 posts
Yeah that's a pretty good idea. The amount of times I havnt used it because it has been 6 something return. Puts me off even using it once

A flat 3.50 all day use would be pretty tempting
08:46pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Saint
Cainer
Brisbane, Queensland
3245 posts
I can't see them reducing the tolls, I don't think they did for the Clem7 when it went bust. Pity, because all they really need the tolls for is the running and upkeep of the tunnels so surely reducing it to like $1 would be sufficient.
10:26pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13349 posts
If the government took ownership of the tunnels for bargain prices and if the current toll offers profit, why on earth would any government in this climate remove such an easy cash cow? It probably isn't worth doing for a few Brisbane peoples votes.

After a while, they'll then increase the prices according to CPI so they can easily use it in budget projections.
10:31pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5705 posts
Pity, because all they really need the tolls for is the running and upkeep of the tunnels

Not forgetting the investors that lost a packet on the BrisCon IPO. I'm sure they'll take whatever share of toll money they can get.
12:47am 20/02/13 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7683 posts
i remember when they built the gateway they said it would take 20 years to pay it off.. now those 20 years are up why isnt it free?
01:54am 20/02/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21414 posts
Stupid question but why do some roads have tolls and others don't anyway? Are the toll free roads owned by the government and the ones with tolls owned by some big company or something?
01:58am 20/02/13 Permalink
Superform
Netherlands
7684 posts
yes

they build roads when the gov cries they have no money - then the road goes broke and they get money from the gov anyway.. its all f***** bulls***, then they bend over the common man and f*** him in the ass to use it

road projects like this should just be on a lease/time based contract - so you earn money to manage the road but after a certain time the road belongs to the people again

i mean its a f***** government ffs govern you d*******s
02:04am 20/02/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2328 posts
another plus about germany, no toll roads (except for trucks).
05:30am 20/02/13 Permalink
taggs
6082 posts
Wonder how many tenderers there will be next time the govt feels the need for a tunnel?

Plenty.

How many tenderers there will be the next time the government wants the private sector to finance a toll road project where the private investors take on the demand risk of the project is another matter though.

i remember when they built the gateway they said it would take 20 years to pay it off.. now those 20 years are up why isnt it free?

Because Bligh sold the asset during her round of asset sales and the private owner now earns a commercial return on it.

they build roads when the gov cries they have no money - then the road goes broke and they get money from the gov anyway..

I don't remember the last toll road in QLD that was bailed out by the government? Perhaps you could give an example here?..

road projects like this should just be on a lease/time based contract - so you earn money to manage the road but after a certain time the road belongs to the people again

That's exactly how the project was structured. Brisconnections funds, constructs and operates the project for a concession period of 45 years after which it reverts back to government...

i mean its a f***** government ffs govern you d*******s

The government had a complex, expensive piece of infrastructure funded, constructed and operated by the private sector with minimal government contributions. They even got the private sector to take on the lion's share of the risk including the big one: demand risk. The government got itself a pretty damned good deal out of this project.

fpot's typical bulls***

You are a complete and utter douchebag. How about you try to contribute to the thread instead of being such a smarmy tosser. No idea how your posts haven't been nuked.

I have a strong libertarian streak - why don't you try and have a go at my post?
08:09am 20/02/13 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9941 posts
We want people to use these roads right ?

So the solution is tolling the other roads.
Toll entry to CBD, toll the throughfares during peak times.
09:07am 20/02/13 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13501 posts
The government had a complex, expensive piece of infrastructure funded, constructed and operated by the private sector with minimal government contributions. They even got the private sector to take on the lion's share of the risk including the big one: demand risk. The government got itself a pretty damned good deal out of this project.

/thread
09:20am 20/02/13 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4549 posts
We want people to use these roads right ?

So the solution is tolling the other roads.
Toll entry to CBD, toll the throughfares during peak times.

I hear the cool kids call that scheme "REGO" whatever that means.
09:40am 20/02/13 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6283 posts
booking a plane to Germany
10:11am 20/02/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36736 posts
Let me know when it is determined what we the people get out of it :)
02:06pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6187 posts
A sweet tunnel that work pays for me to use and saves me driving time and traffic light stress.
02:10pm 20/02/13 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3779 posts
wasn't Qsuper a major shareholder in this

so ineffect those poor long term public servents the got f***ed by newman, get f***ed again with a hit to super,
02:24pm 20/02/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22266 posts
I have a strong libertarian streak - why don't you try and have a go at my post?
This is good to know, chur.
02:32pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Herron
Brisbane, Queensland
183 posts
How to fix it ? well duh, lower the Tolls.

The numbers were still lower than forecasted when the toll was free. The modelling their consultants use is just out of touch with reality. The difference between running costs and use was so large that surely they would have been in trouble if they were closer to that ridiculous estimiate anyway.

The tolls are going up to over $4 each leg so numbers will still drop in the short term. I still think it should be marketed better and they actually outline how much fuel and time you save on a trip rather then 'get there faster'. The toll is probably getting close to the equivalent of fuel used during peak hour going the above ground route.

02:37pm 20/02/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9922 posts
They are now calling it the greatest Australian construction failure in recent memory.
Following so close on the heals of the Lemon 7 Im beginning to wonder if Organised Crime is involved.

But dont worry about the Western Tollway being built.
Those numbers are solid !

What happens if nobody buys Airport Link ?
If it costs more to run than it earns then what happens to it ?
02:37pm 20/02/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36737 posts
I still think it should be marketed better and they actually outline how much fuel and time you save on a trip rather then 'get there faster'.
Yeh I would like to see that data; - is it available anywhere? The first time I took the tunnel I didn't think it really saved that much time, so I went the non-tunnel route next time. There's certainly a noticable difference and I'd like to see what the actual burn rate of petrol is for both routes.

edit:
The difference between running costs and use was so large that surely they would have been in trouble if they were closer to that ridiculous estimiate anyway.
What are the running costs from?
02:42pm 20/02/13 Permalink
defi
Wynnum, Queensland
2960 posts
so ineffect those poor long term public servents the got f***ed by newman, get f***ed again with a hit to super,
I dont know s***, but wouldnt Beattie and Bligh be to blame for this, for having too many public servants in the first place, and planning for the tunnel that makes no money and getting private investors involved?

Thats not to say the public sector didnt get f***ed by Newmann, but perhaps it was a necessary step to get things back on track?
02:44pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6188 posts
Running costs

Electricity (Lights, Fans, Radio Retransmission)
Recovery (They have 24hr staff to clear breakdowns)
Office Staff (To sort out all the money they charge you, to pay for the people sorting out how much money they charge you)
Maintenance (Admittidly low at the moment, as it's new. But it is a cost they will have to allow for)

And a lot more that I cant think of at the moment.
02:55pm 20/02/13 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3780 posts
also, it isn't finished,

wasn't there supposed to be some urban improvement to be done as way of a thank you to those people living around the tunnel that had to put up with all the crap from the building phase
03:09pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13350 posts
The tunnel saves me ~10min in peak hour traffic, sometimes more, sometimes less. It costs my motorbike roughly $0.07 per km of travel. The distance difference between using Clem 7 + M7 is .3km (as per google maps directions). So it is saving me 2.1cents in fuel to use the tunnel. However, by not using the tunnel I'm also stopping and starting in traffic, so lets add another 1cent in fuel for that.

So really the savings are now 3.1cents and 15mins of travel time, or 12.4cents/hour.
Or 6.2 cents per day (bi-directional travel), 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year = $16.12 per year saved in fuel costs.
Since the saved distance traveled is roughly 156km/year there will be a small amount saved on maintenance. I'll assume $15 for savings for maintenance.
So grand total saved per year is $31.12 and 130 hours.

The tolls cost me, $2.27 for Clem7 and $1.00 for M7, so $3.37 per trip, twice daily is $6.74; Weekly $33.7; Yearly is $1752.40

$1752.40 - $31.12 of saved fuel/maintenance = $1721.28
So it would cost me $1752.40 per year to save 130 hours, or $13.24/hour saved.

Not so sure it is worth it...
03:36pm 20/02/13 Permalink
defi
Wynnum, Queensland
2961 posts
130 hours let assume at tradey wage $35 / hour = $4550 per year. I would rather save the 20mins a day please.
04:05pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6190 posts
If a Tradie is getting paid only $35, he must be a pretty s*** tradie.

I guess it depends on how much your time is worth to you Toll. I also know that I hate traffic, especially traffic light traffic. So I would also have to account for less stress etc.

That being said... I probably wouldn't use it if I had to pay for it. Mostly because I very rarely am in a position to use the tunels in the first place and the times I do go those directions aren't (usually) in 'peak hour' traffic so their benefits are even further reduced.
04:13pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13351 posts
That $1750 I could use on roughly 6 2 night stay get-a-ways for myself and the missus totaling around about 300 hours of holiday time.

Looking at it from that perspective leaving 15 mins early and getting home 15 mins later for double that time in holidays seems totally worth it.

It would be even more so with a car!
04:19pm 20/02/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9923 posts
So you leave for your job 5-10 mins earlier and you get their in the time you would have saved on the Toll.
The Tollway isnt a form of Time Travel.

05:20pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13353 posts
10-15 mins earlier. Also Their, there and they're ;P There is still a 40 min ride involved the tunnel is only a small portion of it.
08:07pm 20/02/13 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7479 posts
So you leave for your job 5-10 mins earlier

Why doesn't everyone do that? Genius!
08:12pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Fade2Black
Brisbane, Queensland
5184 posts
Airport link will get bought out.. eventually a low ball offer will get accepted and the road will be profitable. The investor just has to base the purchase on realistic traffic forecasts.. either the state govt or a company like transurban will buy it imo..

Either the second or third owner will make money from it but i dont see it being shut down. They should be making enough to cover operating costs, just not the debt....

09:22pm 20/02/13 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7203 posts
fpot is such an enlightened, free-thinker that none of you c**** stand a chance because he stops and out thinks you
09:47pm 20/02/13 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17838 posts
And every soul is secretly a fuzzy butterfly that needs nurturing to fpot
10:25pm 20/02/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22270 posts
A fuzzy butterfly? Seriously?
10:34pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Herron
Brisbane, Queensland
184 posts
It costs my motorbike roughly $0.07 per km of travel.

Most people aren't on motorbikes though and the stop-start driving of peak hour in a car is a lot more than cruising at 80km/h.

So really the savings are now 3.1cents and 15mins of travel time, or 12.4cents/hour.

Surely even a bike would use more than 3.1c (or 20ml) of fuel in 15mins of travel? o.O
11:08pm 20/02/13 Permalink
DecayingCorpse
Brisbane, Queensland
2131 posts
hopefully the QLD govt will pick it up for a song and then just remove the tolls....

nope. they're too busy sacking staff.
12:22am 21/02/13 Permalink
taggs
6084 posts
Let me know when it is determined what we the people get out of it :)

Considering that we the people didn't really bear the costs of the infrastructure I'm not sure that is the appropriate question to ask.

I think the more appropriate question is what do the paying users get out of it. The answer is clearly enough utility to cover the tariff else they wouldn't be using it.

wasn't Qsuper a major shareholder in this

They may have bought into the IPO, though the major institutional shareholders after the Bolton saga were QIC and Macquarie afaik.

Regardless, your point isn't really correct, imo. Super funds make investments in a myriad of securities across a range of asset classes. Some will gain, some will not. To pick an individual investment that has lost value to try to claim that a super fund's members are being screwed is not very convincing.

Qsuper's return on its balanced fund has been: 1yr: 12.54%; 3yr: 6.61%; 5yr: 2.67%.

Compared to the relevant benchmark (SR50 Balanced (60-76) Index): 1yr: 12.24%; 3yr: 6.39%; 5yr: 2.38%.

Qsuper beats it on every measure. Can't see how they're being screwed, tbh.

This is good to know, chur.

It's not very hard to work out from my posts if you read them.

Not surprised you don't have anything of substance to say though.

Airport link will get bought out.. eventually a low ball offer will get accepted and the road will be profitable. The investor just has to base the purchase on realistic traffic forecasts.. either the state govt or a company like transurban will buy it imo..

Yep. Though I very much doubt the state government will purchase it, given their current budgetary position and the fact that the infrastructure reverts to government at the end of the concession period anyway.

There will be plenty of infrastructure owner/operators and funds with their eye on this asset and I'm sure a transaction will take place in the next 12-24 months.
08:08am 21/02/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36740 posts
There will be plenty of infrastructure owner/operators and funds with their eye on this asset and I'm sure a transaction will take place in the next 12-24 months.
I assume trading has stopped on their shares atm - at what point will / can it resume?
10:05am 21/02/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19531 posts
the trading will never resume unless they are bought out by another listed company.
10:37am 21/02/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13354 posts
Herron, usually in 15 mins I would travel rougly 25 km's (at 100km/h), and that would chew up a mighty $1.75 worth of fuel.

However the 15 mins extra time is traveling only .3km. You are right that the fuel efficiency would not be as good as what I calculated based on how much it costs me per tank of fuel at $1.50 a liter. I spend on average $28 for 400km's of travel.

I do turn my engine off at lights with extended waits and where it is safe to do so. The real test will be in a few weeks and see if my 400km's per tank is reduced much, that will give me a more accurate cost of not using the tunnel.

However there should be enough energy in 20ml of fuel to get me places, weight of the bike is 138kg + 80 kg for me. It should go at least .3 of a km.
11:11am 21/02/13 Permalink
Herron
Brisbane, Queensland
185 posts
Impressive! I'm first to admit I know nothing about bikes. :p
01:29pm 21/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:29pm 21/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks