Visceral's spin on the Battlefield series breaks the norm and introduces a story with depth. We take it for a ride!
Bringing a Story to Battlefield
Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
FOUR content packs on SimCity release
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2470 posts
It's like EA has a permanent ass-mode on. On top of the always online DRM we get stuff that could clearly already be in the game, but isn't. Instead we'll get The Sims style endless content packs.

French City Set, German City Set, British City Set and the Heroes and Villains set. Containing building sets, transportation modes, services, and missions.

Really I just hope this doesn't turn into another spore...
03:04pm 19/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:04pm 19/02/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10772 posts
The extra stuff is bulls***, like you get a Big Ben (?) in the London one.... but why would you want your fictional city to have one iconic building from the real world? It's not what you want, unless you're an idiot.

Their website is all f***ed up atm too
03:39pm 19/02/13 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5397 posts
So I found out you can upgrade your Limited Edtion to the Deluxe edition for $20 so which cdkey website do you recommend purchasing from??

Deluxe Edition Upgrade for $20: http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac/en_AU/pd/productID.260623100

I found it for $39 here http://cdkeyshere.com/simcity-limited-edition-cd-key.html
03:58pm 19/02/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10775 posts
So for $39 I can buy this game with the extras?

The site tit linked doesn't mention the london/germany/paris stuff though? The stuff I said I didn't care about, yeah, but I'm curious anyway...
05:35pm 19/02/13 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5398 posts
So for $39 I can buy this game with the extras?

The site tit linked doesn't mention the london/germany/paris stuff though? The stuff I said I didn't care about, yeah, but I'm curious anyway...

Correct Thermite, $39 doesnt come wit hthe london/germany/paris extra. but you can pre purchase the upgrade kit for $20
http://store.origin.com/store/eaapac/en_AU/pd/productID.260623100

so for $59 you can get the deluxe instead of paying $99.00.

Thats what im thinking of doing anyway
05:46pm 19/02/13 Permalink
kos
Germany
2509 posts
These packs aren't news at all, and on top of that they're totally insignificant.

The three city packs are completely cosmetic and the Heroes and Villains pack that I think maybe adds a little bit of gameplay is included in all release versions of SimCity (Limited, Collector's and Digital Deluxe Editions). I guess they'll start selling a non-Limited Edition version after release that doesn't include it but even then the H&V pack also seems pretty minor and insignificant.

I know EA are complete c**** but I don't really get what this thread is complaining about.
08:04pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2327 posts
11:09pm 19/02/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19521 posts
i dont care, i can't wait! the beta kicked as
11:38pm 19/02/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16663 posts
can't wait for all the b****ing on release day.
09:28am 20/02/13 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8116 posts
will we use this thread for b****ing on release day or start a new one?

Easy way to get another 100+ reply thread. Might start it now to ensure it's mine. Thinking: Sim City 4 ALL IN ONE THREAD, timeout/connection issues solved. FU EA!!
02:26pm 20/02/13 Permalink
qmass
Queensland
10528 posts
but why would you want your fictional city to have one iconic building from the real world? It's not what you want, unless you're an idiot.
or you know... they happen to live in London or Germany or France and want to recreate their city how they think is should be.

f*** you are short sighted thermite, hardly anybody is as dumb and close minded as you. Only a REAL idiot, like you, would assume that anyone is like minded.
02:30pm 20/02/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10777 posts
A single famous landmark is not the ticket to building a replica of a real city. If you really wanted to recreate a city with the correct buildings, you wouldn't be doing it in Sim City, and if you were, having that one building isn't really going to make a huge difference.

Your post is clearly just random abuse and I don't believe you honestly think you've found a problem with my post.

02:43pm 20/02/13 Permalink
trog
AGN Admin
Brisbane, Queensland
36738 posts
can't wait for all the b****ing on release day.
...from all the people that still payed for all of it
02:43pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7682 posts
Totally agree with TotalBiscuit, why the f*** should I pay the exact same price for a preorder of something which I can pick up on release day at no financial benefit?
And the extras they're throwing in? Pft, why bother.
03:16pm 20/02/13 Permalink
es
Melbourne, Victoria
1 posts
I bought it because I want to play it more than I hate EA and they sent me a beta key.

EB Games have a collectors edition pre-order for the same price as the normal edition - $78
https://ebgames.com.au/pc-159461-SimCity-Collectors-Edition-PC

you know you want to
03:18pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2330 posts
^ obvious EB games employee..
08:10pm 20/02/13 Permalink
es
Melbourne, Victoria
2 posts
please, I had to order from amazon to get the beta key :)
08:50pm 20/02/13 Permalink
kos
Germany
2517 posts
Poor little guy forgot to type the letters "bgame" in the middle of his name! ;D
08:51pm 20/02/13 Permalink
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8118 posts
LOL
09:28pm 20/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:28pm 20/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.