We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
This week's Throwback Thursday comes in celebration of all the Star Wars talk making the rounds!
Throwback Thursday - Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire
Bungie's DeeJ on the new Destiny expansion, the vanilla game, keeping things fresh and more!
Bungie Talks Destiny's New Expansion and More!
More Oculus Rift Supporting Games Expected to be Revealed at GDC 2013
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
14115 posts
After wowing what seemed to be the enitre gamut of technology publications at CES 2013, the hotly anticipated Oculus Rift head-mounted display device has now found its way into coverage at the esteemed New York Times, offering more much deserved attention to the crowdfunded project, a few weeks before the first developer kits are expected to start shipping.

Mentioned almost off-hand in the article is the suggestion that Rift support for more games will be announced in some manner during the 2013 Game Developers Conference, which the Oculus team will be attending in San Francisco next month.
The company has not announced commitments from game developers to create complete games that work on the headset, though Oculus said that will change at a game developer conference next month.
The report doesn't appear to have anything else new to reveal, but if you're just now hearing about the the next best hope for virtual reality gaming, it does serve as a good entry point to bring you up to speed.

From the Kickstarter project, We currently know that id Software's Doom 3: BFG Edition, and Adhesive Games' Hawken will be including Rift support --which requires pre-warping of the rendered game image to be sent to each eye of the display to match the device's optics-- and support for the device has also been plugged into prominent game engines Unity 3D, and Epic's Unreal Engine 3, which has led to an array of indie studios pledging to feature it in their games (kept track of by Steam Greenlight users).

So given the calibre of developers usually in attendance at GDC, there's a good chance we might see some more high profile titles hopping on board the VR train. The most obvious prospects being Valve Software's Source Engine games, perhaps as part of this reported presentation of adapting Team Fortress 2 to VR?
02:39pm 19/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:39pm 19/02/13 Permalink
tel
Brisbane, Queensland
56 posts
Can't wait for the public release. Going to bypass the upcoming consoles and buy this for my PC rig.
03:46pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13347 posts
Yup this is certainly on my Radar. Star Citizen is also going to incorporate it. Awesome.
03:50pm 19/02/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22249 posts
I am hoping that someone figures out how to make all games that would suit it work on the Rift.
03:51pm 19/02/13 Permalink
E.T.
Queensland
4548 posts
I just want it for the racing sims more than anything. I can't wait for this thing.
07:44pm 19/02/13 Permalink
rrrocket
Brisbane, Queensland
1716 posts
Star Citizen - Oculus Rift

enough said
08:48pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Crakaveli
USA
6260 posts
Just shutup and take my money.
09:18pm 19/02/13 Permalink
Llian
Central Coast, New South Wales
77 posts
If this doesn't hurry up and come out soon I propose we do a raid on their offices/labs and force feed them caffeine until it is done.
08:02am 20/02/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
548 posts
This is defo something I'll be picking up. Seems like more and more games are going to be accepting it in the future and any that don't... well, I have my monitor for those.
12:01pm 20/02/13 Permalink
Fish
Brisbane, Queensland
3010 posts
Only a short while to go before dev units start shipping. Woot!
12:09am 21/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:09am 21/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.