We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Problems entering BIOS in asus p5ql/epu
z0r
Brisbane, Queensland
1900 posts
wanting to repartition and reinstall windows, but my monitor wont switch on until i hit the windows logon screen, which means i can't access the bios.
as stated in the title, mobo is asus p5ql/epu, monitor is flatron e2441.
have asked google, haven't found anything relevant. any suggestions?
12:35pm 18/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:35pm 18/02/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1212 posts
try using your TV as a monitor instead?
02:40pm 18/02/13 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9899 posts
tried connecting your monitor to your PC using other cables instead?

03:07pm 18/02/13 Permalink
BlueWolf
Brisbane, Queensland
63 posts
Once you hit the power button start tapping F2 and Delete on your keyboard. One of those will be the key to go into the bios.

If that don't work, it means the video card is outputting to a different port, so then you'll need to figure out which and use that port/cable.

^_^
03:16pm 18/02/13 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3809 posts
My bios shows up on all screens, but with the Tv hdmi in the resolution is small and only shows a third of it, even though Tv is 1920. Also with my controller plugged in it tries to use that and the mouse and it scrolls to the left top corner too fast. That was fun going wtf . Can you tell windows to shutdown and boot into bios?
03:32pm 18/02/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3912 posts
Repartition using partition wizard

Then reinstall Windows. Do you really need to get to the bios for this?

Maybe on a previous BIOS visit you upset something. Try finding the reset switch on your mobo, or remove the battery for a few minutes.
04:14pm 18/02/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7307 posts
Once you hit the power button start tapping F2 and Delete on your keyboard. One of those will be the key to go into the bios.

I have a p5k-se (presuming that's close), I usually try a combination of f10/f11/f12 and delete, not sure which it is. Sometimes if you hit it too early, or too many too quickly, it misses it, good to give it a second or two before starting, but normally you have visual feedback for that.
04:28pm 18/02/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21398 posts
my asus monitor was the same, I just did as suggested above and wait until I saw the numlock light light up and smash the delete key like a mad bastard.
08:14pm 18/02/13 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3810 posts
You could also hit the reset button as it strys to boot so 'overclocking failed pleased change settings comes up' hard to know what you gave set in your bios. Should also be a button on mainboard to boot into bios with asus.
08:27pm 18/02/13 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10473 posts
Hi kos,
I have on my workbench here an Asus P5QL-E and i can confirm that delete is your bios key.
As to why it stays black for so long, yes, do change your monitor and or video card.
08:45pm 18/02/13 Permalink
kos
Germany
2504 posts
Hi hardware,
I don't know why you're talking to me, but I feel loved.
09:32pm 18/02/13 Permalink
hardware
Brisbane, Queensland
10474 posts
I carn't reed
09:40am 19/02/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6397 posts
My bios shows up on all screens, but with the Tv hdmi in the resolution is small and only shows a third of it,

just get your TV to reset it's dimensions, on my LG there's a quick menu, choose 16:9 then go back to Auto and it'll fix itself.

Else, turn the PC off, hold reset, then press power and your bios should reset to defaults.
10:20am 19/02/13 Permalink
z0r
Brisbane, Queensland
1901 posts
long week at work, thanks for the suggestions, i'll get on to it today!
10:15am 24/02/13 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3817 posts
Sweet, also lg, does the trick nicely. Cable is next to me, remote is on the coffee table though.
11:45am 24/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:45am 24/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close