AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Report: God of War: Ascension Promotion Pulled from QLD Stores Due t...
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
14078 posts
The game has yet to show up on the Australian Classification Board's online database, but it looks like the upcoming PlayStation 3 exclusive sequel God of War: Ascension has earned the new R18+ rating from our local ratings body.

Kotaku is reporting on information from a retailer in Queensland, that has requested its staff remove all promotional materials for the game from their stores --necessitated by the tardy state government's inability to pass local legislation in time for the new classification, unlike every other state and territory in the Federation.
“As Queensland has not passed legislation for the R18 rating for games we must remove all reference to God of War Ascension immediately,” stated an internal message sent at one major retailer. “This includes all game slicks, posters, pamphlets, hand written signage, 2-way units and pre order signage.”
We would hope that the Queensland government would get their act together before God of War: Ascension's launch date of March 14th 2013, but if they don't, it will likely still be trivial for sunshine state residents to obtain the game from national online retailers.
11:33am 08/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:33am 08/02/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13321 posts
The QLD Government is doing Queenslanders a favour for once. They are just increasing the awareness of the savings one can make by purchasing games and other things online. Thanks Mr Campbell for looking out for us.
12:28pm 08/02/13 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20618 posts
Is there any word on them blocking it coming in from interstate/overseas or anything like that? Or attempting to prosecute people who do that? Like just individual orders I mean, not whole shipments.
08:40pm 08/02/13 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17787 posts
god of war with an r18 rating?

i think we're seeing the path the r18 tag is taking
08:44pm 08/02/13 Permalink
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
14079 posts
i think we're seeing the path the r18 tag is taking
The path of the the rest of the developed world? http://www.pegi.info/en/index/global_id/505/?searchString=god+of+war
07:43am 09/02/13 Permalink
Willberforce
Sydney, New South Wales
8 posts
I heard things were bad in QLD with the Newman Govt sacking most of the public sector. But this.... didn't think things were this bad!
12:28am 12/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:28am 12/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close