We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Gets R18+ Rating for Australian Retail Re...
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
14073 posts
Acclaimed indie game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (AusGamers 9.0/10) has become the latest game to earn the new R18+ sticker from the Australian Classification Board, following its submission in preparation for a boxed retail release later this month.

ACB's overview cites high impact violence, and strong impact themes, which is understandable given the appropriately visceral nature of the game's melee-focussed combat.

The game has received equivalent ratings in other regions, with a PEGI 18 (European 18+), and ESRB M (North American 17+), however none of these are noted on the game's Steam page, where the game was originally released digital-only, last October.

QV Software and Lace Mamba are bringing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare to Australian shelves on February 21st 2013, with a RRP of AU$29.95, only marginally higher than Steam's current US$24.99.
10:39am 07/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:39am 07/02/13 Permalink
Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland
4147 posts
Really?

The graphics on this game are terrible.
10:42am 07/02/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13316 posts
They are not terrible.

A large portion of that r18 probably comes from the ability to dismember corpses, legs, arms and head.

It is a fun, brutal game at times.
10:50am 07/02/13 Permalink
Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland
4148 posts
I played it a week ago (never having heard about it before). Until I saw this news article I assumed it came out circa 2005; never would have guessed it was a new title.
10:52am 07/02/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8521 posts
Nathan are you running a toaster? While it isn't Crysis level graphics, Chivalry still has a nice look to it and doesn't really feel "that" dated.
11:09am 07/02/13 Permalink
Winston
Melbourne, Victoria
421 posts
So what happens to the game on Steam? I bought it in and October and am over 18 so I'm not concerned about that, but what about in the future, can the R rating be sidestepped by buying online?
11:36am 07/02/13 Permalink
Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland
4149 posts
Nathan are you running a toaster?
Just playing at a friends house, the PC is fine. Maybe it just auto-detected low settings for some reason, I didnt bother adjusting anything since I assumed it was supposed to look like it did.
11:39am 07/02/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3401 posts
Typical graphics whore. QQ moar.
12:13pm 07/02/13 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
897 posts
Just playing at a friends house, the PC is fine. Maybe it just auto-detected low settings for some reason, I didnt bother adjusting anything since I assumed it was supposed to look like it did.

you know what they say about assumption...I thought the graphics were pretty fantastic when I played it over the free weekend. Nothing groundbreaking but definitely up to standard.

And worth the R18+. Heavy violence with dismemberment. Good stuff!
02:17pm 07/02/13 Permalink
SheerObesity
Melbourne, Victoria
23 posts
The graphics are what i expected for a hl2 mod remake.
03:19pm 07/02/13 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7166 posts
s***** graphics are s*****
03:27pm 07/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:27pm 07/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.