AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Gets R18+ Rating for Australian Retail Re...
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
14073 posts
Acclaimed indie game Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (AusGamers 9.0/10) has become the latest game to earn the new R18+ sticker from the Australian Classification Board, following its submission in preparation for a boxed retail release later this month.

ACB's overview cites high impact violence, and strong impact themes, which is understandable given the appropriately visceral nature of the game's melee-focussed combat.

The game has received equivalent ratings in other regions, with a PEGI 18 (European 18+), and ESRB M (North American 17+), however none of these are noted on the game's Steam page, where the game was originally released digital-only, last October.

QV Software and Lace Mamba are bringing Chivalry: Medieval Warfare to Australian shelves on February 21st 2013, with a RRP of AU$29.95, only marginally higher than Steam's current US$24.99.
10:39am 07/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:39am 07/02/13 Permalink
Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland
4147 posts
Really?

The graphics on this game are terrible.
10:42am 07/02/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13316 posts
They are not terrible.

A large portion of that r18 probably comes from the ability to dismember corpses, legs, arms and head.

It is a fun, brutal game at times.
10:50am 07/02/13 Permalink
Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland
4148 posts
I played it a week ago (never having heard about it before). Until I saw this news article I assumed it came out circa 2005; never would have guessed it was a new title.
10:52am 07/02/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8521 posts
Nathan are you running a toaster? While it isn't Crysis level graphics, Chivalry still has a nice look to it and doesn't really feel "that" dated.
11:09am 07/02/13 Permalink
Winston
Melbourne, Victoria
421 posts
So what happens to the game on Steam? I bought it in and October and am over 18 so I'm not concerned about that, but what about in the future, can the R rating be sidestepped by buying online?
11:36am 07/02/13 Permalink
Nathan
Brisbane, Queensland
4149 posts
Nathan are you running a toaster?
Just playing at a friends house, the PC is fine. Maybe it just auto-detected low settings for some reason, I didnt bother adjusting anything since I assumed it was supposed to look like it did.
11:39am 07/02/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3401 posts
Typical graphics whore. QQ moar.
12:13pm 07/02/13 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
897 posts
Just playing at a friends house, the PC is fine. Maybe it just auto-detected low settings for some reason, I didnt bother adjusting anything since I assumed it was supposed to look like it did.

you know what they say about assumption...I thought the graphics were pretty fantastic when I played it over the free weekend. Nothing groundbreaking but definitely up to standard.

And worth the R18+. Heavy violence with dismemberment. Good stuff!
02:17pm 07/02/13 Permalink
SheerObesity
Melbourne, Victoria
23 posts
The graphics are what i expected for a hl2 mod remake.
03:19pm 07/02/13 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7166 posts
s***** graphics are s*****
03:27pm 07/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
03:27pm 07/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close