We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Sophisticated hack on twitter
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8104 posts
Twitter has come out and said it had 250,000 accounts compromised in a 'sophisticated' attack. They go on to mention other recent attacks implying they suspect the Chinese who were blamed for hacking The New York Times and Wall Street Journal this week.

http://blog.twitter.com/2013/02/keeping-our-users-secure.html?m=1
04:27pm 02/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
04:27pm 02/02/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
35092 posts
those chinese are certainly getting hacky lately arent they!?
04:29pm 02/02/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21272 posts
i don't even know what my twitter password was
06:18pm 02/02/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19483 posts
Doesn't mean you can't get hacked. Imagine if someone was going around impersonating Whoop...
06:36pm 02/02/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21274 posts
it said browser devs were disabling java by default, I figured someone dropped a logic bomb on twitters firewall and corrupted the ram boogers, thieving your chip packets when you logged in. Either way, I was following a total of two tweeters? twittererererers? twits? whatever.

If there was more than one me you'd know about it because the world would end. This world can not handle two d*******s of this magnitude.
06:59pm 02/02/13 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9928 posts
Twitter ... lol ...
12:04am 03/02/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1190 posts
it said browser devs were disabling java by default, I figured someone dropped a logic bomb on twitters firewall and corrupted the ram boogers, thieving your chip packets when you logged in. Either way, I was following a total of two tweeters? twittererererers? twits? whatever. If there was more than one me you'd know about it because the world would end. This world can not handle two d*******s of this magnitude.
12:48pm 05/02/13 Permalink
eski
Perth, Western Australia
1382 posts
thats f*****g classic arkter.

I bet noone can top that
12:59pm 05/02/13 Permalink
ara
Sydney, New South Wales
3573 posts
must have got their private ip address.

01:05pm 05/02/13 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
21226 posts
The one from Swordfish is hilarious. Just mash keys together and you'll be fine.

01:09pm 05/02/13 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13432 posts
Hmm, I hacked up some home-brew fried rice last night ... Coincidence? You decide.
01:13pm 05/02/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10731 posts
My favourite computer hacker was Richard Pryor from Superman III.
He is being trained how to use a word processor or something and then he does something "MAGIC" on the computer and the instructor goes "How did you do that!" and Richard Pryor goes "I don't know! I just did it!" See, that's the thing about computer hackers, they have no idea how they do the things they do, or even remember what they did, and they need no prior experience with computers.

01:51pm 05/02/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1191 posts
lol rev...

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED

ACCESS DENIED
01:56pm 05/02/13 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13433 posts
02:00pm 05/02/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8504 posts
thats f*****g classic arkter. I bet noone can top that
02:00pm 05/02/13 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7644 posts
For a movie, Swordfish wasn't too bad, but every time there's an IT reference I have to cringe.

Being an IT professional, I have to wonder if the references for every other industry-related item we see on TV and in movies is so equally bulls*** - eg, anything crime-lab related in a CSI or Law and Order show we know is BS, we know lawyers aren't really that quick-witted, and what of every other medical show ever seen on TV?

They probably cringe in the same way we do.
02:32pm 05/02/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10732 posts
Well yeah the cops are always attractive, the crime lab people never wear hair nets - so the evidence would always point to themselves, the doctors sometimes 'ride' the stretcher on top of the patient, wtf!

Remember Alan Shore from Boston Legal? He always peered at people in a knowing/wise/penetrating way, but really the actor playing him (James Spader) is like legally blind and couldn't actually see the other actors' faces.
03:23pm 05/02/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
35109 posts
well, i can tell you anything in any of the CSI shows, will be entirely made up bulls*** to entertain, because thats all that show is. entertainment (for the lowest common denominator)
03:23pm 05/02/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1192 posts
For a movie, Swordfish wasn't too bad, but every time there's an IT reference I have to cringe.

Being an IT professional, I have to wonder if the references for every other industry-related item we see on TV and in movies is so equally bulls*** - eg, anything crime-lab related in a CSI or Law and Order show we know is BS, we know lawyers aren't really that quick-witted, and what of every other medical show ever seen on TV?

They probably cringe in the same way we do.

As a gun enthusiast and experienced shooter, some of the ballistics crap they spurt out is genuinely outrageous. Mostly when trying to identify weapons used in crimes from shells that were left behind... it's just as cringe worthy as some of the IT stuff.

also this:

03:54pm 05/02/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
35110 posts
that clip from swordfish also highlighted how bad an actor john travolta is.
07:15pm 05/02/13 Permalink
pARODY
Brisbane, Queensland
1115 posts
I have a real hate for media's interpretation of what I do for a living. I get requests sometimes from people if I can do what was done on X show/movie.

I truly appreciate when a show or movie does demonstrate proper hacking methods. Person of Interest references many popular malware and hacking techniques in episodes, usually taken from the news like stuxnet and flame, but the technical advisors get them to drop the references properly and don't make s*** up around it.
05:39pm 06/02/13 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5748 posts
What do you mean requests to do X and Y? As in for a movie shoot?
05:53pm 06/02/13 Permalink
pARODY
Brisbane, Queensland
1117 posts
Requests like unlock free long distance calls on someones phone cause they saw it in Diehard 4.
06:06pm 06/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:06pm 06/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.