We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Australia Street vid
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6255 posts
interesting vid about straya's changing demographics.

12:33am 01/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:33am 01/02/13 Permalink
JakeG
Thailand
1152 posts
more like mccringle
12:41am 01/02/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
519 posts
1 in 4 have education beyond highschool?

Wow, so that explains why I keep meeting people who are f*****g morons.
12:43am 01/02/13 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6256 posts
There are alot of morons with degrees ... just look at our politicians.
12:47am 01/02/13 Permalink
slyin
Brisbane, Queensland
136 posts
51% according to the video wirlwind

i didnt enjoy the part about australia being a street
01:08am 01/02/13 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1849 posts
Everyone in the video was white.
05:16am 01/02/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
35078 posts
1 in 4 have education beyond highschool?

Wow, so that explains why I keep meeting people who are f*****g morons.

i guess you're one of the morans then

http://members.optusnet.com.au/c.broughton3/learnin.png
08:55am 01/02/13 Permalink
Karmadelik
Brisbane, Queensland
219 posts
There are different types of intelligence, not just academic.
Defining a high school graduate who hasn't completed further study as being a moron, is in itself a comment from a moron.
07:35pm 01/02/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10725 posts
firstly when are they gonna be done with the infographic s*** with the douchey voiceover?
secondly... Australia st? what was the point in that analogy? They wound up giving all the statistics as percentages anyway!
When they were comparing other countries I thought, oh finally having to hear douchey mcdouche say Australia St so many times is paying off... but no... then it didn't make sense. Australia St has 100 households, presumably because it was convenient to convert percentages into fixed values for the common Australian who doesn't know what a percentage is, but then they forgot to do that. Yet the streets from other countries don't have 100 households to keep it consistent? F*** YOU

07:59pm 01/02/13 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9852 posts
test

icles

*edit* weird... I've been using the iPad all week due to lack of power here @ home and now I can't post on Qgl on my PC... have to come to AG instead.

back on subject...

thermite - take a deep breath matey. Have you had your blood sugar levels checked lately?

link

XD
08:19pm 01/02/13 Permalink
Nitro
Gold Coast, Queensland
2247 posts
@koopz.. same issue I'm having.

I agree with thermite. This is infographic masturbation; it actually detracts from the communication.

After watching the vid I discovered this in my Youtube sidebar and felt it needed more exposure.

09:30pm 01/02/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10726 posts
Just make a list of facts and let my head imagine it the way it likes, don't make me imagine some f***ed up street that gets longer in india, what does that even mean, their houses are a lot wider? I don't think so~!
10:58pm 01/02/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6347 posts
1 in 4 have education beyond highschool?Wow, so that explains why I keep meeting people who are f*****g morons.

uh, it's 24%+27%? Although there could be overlap.

Rather, look at your parents, how many of their generation finished highschool, especially women.

edit: I have no evidence, but we're one of the better educated countries out there.

edit2: I looked for evidence, turns out we're equal first. With nz and a few other weird countries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index#Ranking
02:15am 02/02/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1180 posts
sweet 3d news dot com dot au article
12:14pm 02/02/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
523 posts
uh, it's 24%+27%? Although there could be overlap. Rather, look at your parents, how many of their generation finished highschool, especially women.edit: I have no evidence, but we're one of the better educated countries out there.edit2: I looked for evidence, turns out we're equal first. With nz and a few other weird countries http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Education_Index#Ranking

Yeah, I mis-heard the video I'm guessing.

I had it running in the background while making lunch and thought I heard them say "only a quarter have a certificate or higher" or something like that.

I also commented after the vid, so I may have just confused it with something else he said about a quarter of the population *shrug*

i guess you're one of the morans then

Nope, just wasn't paying much attention lol.
12:23pm 04/02/13 Permalink
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7641 posts
uh, it's 24%+27%? Although there could be overlap.

Yeah. I have a high school certificate, a diploma, three certificates and a Bachelor (Honors) degree. Where do I fit?
Sensible answer would probably be I only fit in to the last bucket. But only if cut up in to small chunks or incinerated.
02:25pm 04/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:25pm 04/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.