We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
5 Ways You're Accidentally Making Everyone Hate You
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10720 posts
Great cracked article: http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-ways-youre-accidentally-making-everyone-hate-you/

Nothing funny about it, but it's an easy read since it's Cracked.

It's all about the stuff that goes on in people's heads that makes them upset and why people wind up in conflicts unwittingly.

It's very interesting. On pretty much every topic you can see yourself on both sides of the problem, and how each side of the problem feels like a very different issue rather than just the flipside.

Some topics covered:
- Why religious people are surprised by atheist ideas
- How people perceive unwanted attention
- How people feel they are owed something by another person
- How some people really don't like being ignored
- Misinterpreting stuff as a power play

Next time I get in the s*** with someone I'd like to revisit this and see if I can apply any of the ideas in the article to explain the predicament. I am very bad at dealing with people, I know that, but I usually chalk it down to stuff like "oh my brother is just always offended", which he is - but maybe there is something more to it. Not that I think I can change my personality to make other people feel good about themselves, I dunno... And could he ever really understand my POV?
02:15pm 31/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:15pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Ha
50 posts
if you get angry at perceived slights you need some self confidence. i suggest karate.

if people are getting angry at you for seemingly 'no reason', there is a reason.

shorter, but more concise i think.

david wong is cool though.
03:10pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Pharcyde
Kilos
Brisbane, Queensland
5098 posts
#1 - Posting links to f*****g Cracked.com
03:46pm 31/01/13 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7147 posts
I could probably learn a lot from this but f*** you.
03:56pm 31/01/13 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7148 posts
also the funny irony that you can't possibly individually share this article without causing offence.

I'm definitely guilty of having dodged people irl because I couldn't be f***ed having a meaningless conversation.
04:05pm 31/01/13 Permalink
deeper
Brisbane, Queensland
4178 posts
If you have a genuine interest in this sort of stuff you might want to consider checking out: http://www.landmarkeducation.com.au/
04:14pm 31/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22182 posts
If you have a genuine interest in this sort of stuff you might want to consider checking out: http://www.landmarkeducation.com.au/
I also recommend Scientology.
04:19pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2454 posts
yeah nothing to learn here unfortunately. Why waste time trying to please everyone who is oversensitive to s*** like unintentionally one-upping them? Or wasting their time lol? their. f*****g. problem.

If a guy loses his nut over his mate telling him he had sex the last night because he's a virgin, he's the f***wad.

Also interesting to note #1 and #5 are the same from different perspectives.
05:48pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7239 posts
As somebody both broke and not sexed up, I'd just like to state that it's never crossed my mind to hate somebody for being the opposite. If they mock after having had it easy, then yes, but never for the reasons described.
06:12pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Monkeez
Sydney, New South Wales
171 posts

Or you can save some money and stay away from a cult.
06:15pm 31/01/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10722 posts
I've noticed Deeper shows up with a lot of peculiar advice
06:46pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21249 posts
I make everyone hate me in more than 5 ways, none of them are accidental.
also the funny irony that you can't possibly individually share this article without causing offence.

Yeah, I was about to forward this to work mates, then I thought wait, will they think I mean they piss me off? Or will they realise that I know I'm a total a******?

Decided I better not. Not to mention it's too bloody long and boring to read at work.
07:05pm 31/01/13 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2932 posts
I hate Cracked, it's just a bunch of opinions presented as fact in irresistible list format.
07:09pm 31/01/13 Permalink
DK
Brisbane, Queensland
798 posts
Good read. I now realise why i get pissed off at people when they go on and on about how busy they are.
07:14pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21250 posts
Also interesting to note #1 and #5 are the same from different perspectives.
I love how he (or she?) goes on about people being unable to see stuff from others' points of view and uses the toilet seat thing as an example. Worst. Example. Ever.

If she b****** at me to put it down when I'm done, she can f*****g well put it up when she's finished. It's a two way street baby.

I see it from her point of view, comes in in the dark and sits down on the cold bowl and nearly falls in, but will she see it from my point of view? Come in in the dark & piss all over the seat because it's not where I left it? No, she definitely won't. Solution? Just install two toilets.
07:28pm 31/01/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6341 posts
Tbh i know this is off topic but massive hyperbole like "Making Everyone Hate You" makes me groan.

I've never felt more comfortable with myself, and while it's always nice to think that you're the open minded guy who understands and plays devils advocate with himself to see other points of view, take a step back and realise that by being as human as the people around you often makes you easier to get along with, and a hell of a lot faster talking to.

Some people take forever to get to the point as they try and have the whole goddamn conversation to themselves when trying to say everyone's point of views. I hate that about that guy. But it's one hilarious character flaw in a friend so it's easily forgiveable.
07:35pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21252 posts
I do that! I take ages to get to the point. Half way through telling the story my mind goes "hurry up f***en, even i'm getting bored"
07:47pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Karmadelik
Brisbane, Queensland
216 posts
I got a bit pissed at my boss the other day...
Deleted useless data in our CRM which was duplicated. Logically thinking, it had absolutely no link to another batch of data that was way more important. In the end both batches of data were deleted. Contacted the director for the CRM designers and they agreed with me that deleting it shouldn't have affected the other. Now the boss is all like...
"were in a dilemma now because he deleted the data."
Whereas I'm all like
"well if it was done correctly the FIRST time s*** wouldn't have gone bad"

My fault or hers?
07:52pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21253 posts
Yours. You deleted it assuming because it had no link to any other data that it shouldn't also delete the other data.

Just restore from the backup you made before you went deleting things, the backup you made just in case the data wasn't useless after all. Yeah, that backup.
07:59pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Karmadelik
Brisbane, Queensland
217 posts
funny thing is I deleted it at her request. This is data we report to the government for money, so if we submitted the data we wouldn't have been paid because of the duplication errors.
And its not worth going back to a store point as its CRM wide. Too much data had already been entered after the store point.
08:07pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2457 posts
I hate Cracked, it's just a bunch of opinions presented as fact in irresistible list format.

Their comedy articles/lists are pretty good sometimes.
08:09pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21254 posts
funny thing is I deleted it at her request.
so? does she need to also tell you to make absolutely sure that deleting one thing won't affect something else? perhaps even tell you how to turn on the computer in the first place?
08:23pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Karmadelik
Brisbane, Queensland
218 posts
perhaps even tell you how to turn on the computer in the first place?

Nah i know how to do that now. That's why I keep a hammer in my desk draw.
08:50pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1848 posts
The stuff in that article is beermat psychology at best, nonsense at worst, and written from the autistic perspective.

It's called Empathy.

If you actually want to know more about that stuff, read these books:

Social Intelligence.

Emotional Intelligence.
09:19pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
35073 posts
mad > cracked
09:40pm 31/01/13 Permalink
Ha
51 posts
This post has been removed.
Reason: Dumb
08:18am 01/02/13 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13411 posts
Deleted useless data in our CRM which was duplicated. Logically thinking, it had absolutely no link to another batch of data that was way more important. In the end both batches of data were deleted.
My fault or hers?

You're the sys guy ... right?

As a sys admin guy, batch deleting weird duplicate data in any system that contains important data should always freak you the f*** out. From the sound of it the update should have been done as a controlled, planned change management task where a system health check and rollback was available after ... I hate to say it, because 9/10 its annoying as s***, but ITIL.

Its not your fault, but you're responsible.
11:27am 01/02/13 Permalink
Totenkopf
Melbourne, Victoria
580 posts
Writing with poo on the wall at a party always does the trick
01:19pm 01/02/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6343 posts
If you can't draw a crowd draw d**** on a wall?
02:14pm 01/02/13 Permalink
Ha
53 posts
why was my post nuked? the funniest person on the internet writes on crackeddotcom.

unless whoever nuked me wishes the title for himself? well son, you're going to have to prove that.
04:47pm 01/02/13 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5649 posts
My fault or hers?
http://i48.tinypic.com/11c455t.jpg

She screwed up, you made it worse.
When spelunking in production data I can't count the number of times the Plan B and occasionally the Plan C saved my bacon.
05:13pm 01/02/13 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5729 posts
why was my post nuked? the funniest person on the internet writes on crackeddotcom.

unless whoever nuked me wishes the title for himself? well son, you're going to have to prove that.

Because you're a tard.

Bet you my post is going to get nuked too making me a tard.
05:35pm 01/02/13 Permalink
Ha
54 posts
i was going to let my post get nuked and then write a sentence calling the admin a big gay baby etc. linking every word to a different seanbaby article and watch a collection of the funniest things to ever be posted on these forums nuked by an internet forums moderator guy with his feelings hurt. it would have worked on a lot of levels.

but f*** that you should seriously read some god damn seanbaby.
05:50pm 01/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:50pm 01/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.