AusGamers took Far Cry 4 for a hands-on spin last week. Read on for our full thoughts...
Far Cry 4 Hands-On Preview
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Joaby Gilroy takes The Sims 4 for a spin on PC and finds out just what the life simulator has to offer.
The Sims 4 Reviewed
Trailer: Upside Down
Mantis
Brisbane, Queensland
1081 posts
Seen a trailer before but this new one looks good. Looking forward to this movie.

11:05am 31/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:05am 31/01/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16578 posts
it's been out for a while now
11:29am 31/01/13 Permalink
maRtz
Brisbane, Queensland
3839 posts
that looks really cool
03:47pm 02/02/13 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4885 posts
Looks cool, but absof*****glutely retarded.
04:00pm 02/02/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7263 posts
I watched it, was ok, seriously abused narration early on and had way too much backstory for anything relevant to the actual plot (thought that maybe it was based on a book or something, but, nope). There seemed to be some social commentary which also went over my head. Mostly you have to entirely suspend belief when they're upside down, blood isn't rushing to their head and their hair doesn't hang and whatnot, it's more like just a crazy dream you once had and sort of think "well that was weird".
04:02pm 02/02/13 Permalink
Ospi
Brisbane, Queensland
373 posts
Well I think they are "upside down" on their own "planet" and thus the gravity is pulling them back to the ground on their own "planet", so the hair and blood would be as per normal. That being said it defies everything known to everything about physics and probably a movie to shut off all logic for, but looks entertaining otherwise!
11:32pm 02/02/13 Permalink
parabol
Brisbane, Queensland
7451 posts
Looks cool, but absof***inglutely retarded.

This is what I thought about a story involving sending people back in time to kill them with a shotty. I was proven wrong.

However, an upside down world does sound retarded.
11:36pm 02/02/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16592 posts
Mostly you have to entirely suspend belief when they're upside down, blood isn't rushing to their head and their hair doesn't hang and whatnot, it's more like just a crazy dream you once had and sort of think "well that was weird".

i'm guessing each world would have it's own gravity, so technically, no one is upside down.
11:42pm 02/02/13 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2935 posts
Without having watched it I would say it looks very Romeo and Juliet inspired.
11:56pm 02/02/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7264 posts
i'm guessing each world would have it's own gravity, so technically, no one is upside down.

Everything from a world is only affected by its home world's gravity, they walk on the opposite world by attaching opposite-matter-weights to themselves.

Then they somehow don't freak out that they're always basically really really high.
12:31am 03/02/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6348 posts
Everything from a world is only affected by its home world's gravity, they walk on the opposite world by attaching opposite-matter-weights to themselves.Then they somehow don't freak out that they're always basically really really high.

So Person A from World A takes a walk on world B and if he wanders off and then accidenly his shoes slip off somehow, gets mugged and shoes stolen, he falls all the way back to his own planet?

Let me suspend my disbelief here for a moment.

From the first couple of seconds of the trailer it looked like a romeo and juliette story. IS this true?
01:18am 03/02/13 Permalink
Tele
Gold Coast, Queensland
335 posts
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿ ʇdǝɔuoɔ pɹıǝʍ ɐ ʇɐɥʍ
01:36am 03/02/13 Permalink
Zakson
Gold Coast, Queensland
360 posts
What's with Kirsten Dunst and kissing upside down men?
02:25am 03/02/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7265 posts
gets mugged and shoes stolen, he falls all the way back to his own planet?

Yep, the few times I thought about it, my palms got sweaty..

From the first couple of seconds of the trailer it looked like a romeo and juliette story. IS this true?

There's elements of it, but things thankfully weren't entirely spoiled by the trailer. There's a pretty significant deviation early on.

It's basically a story about the most reckless dude in the universe who isn't afraid of heights and doesn't mind being upside down.
02:59am 03/02/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16593 posts
Everything from a world is only affected by its home world's gravity, they walk on the opposite world by attaching opposite-matter-weights to themselves.

Then they somehow don't freak out that they're always basically really really high.

ahh ok. i haven't seen it so i didn't know about everything still being affected by the home world gravity when on the other world.
11:24am 03/02/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:24am 03/02/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close