We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Help Resetting DSC 5508Z Alarm Panel
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7882 posts

Hi guys,

My GF Holly's Mum is away and we are looking after her place at Indooroopilly. In the power outages, the alarm panel (which she has never used since she has moved in) started beeping with the trouble light ignited.

In frustration I repeatedly pressed the exit button a few times, and have somehow armed it. Now the f*****g alarm is going off continually and is extremely persistent. The only way I can stop it is by turning the power off to that zone. I have even removed the four wires from the panel to no avail, so the reset obviously needs to be initiated from the panel to shut the things up.

So, a bit of googling has revealed this cheat sheet. Is this kind of stuff likely to help me reset the code and shut this f***** up? Or should I just find the sirens and cut them off?

Pretty hilarious, I reckon 20 minutes of constant alarming and no cops, no enquiries from neighbours, nothing. There is even traffic cops about 50 metres away working on something that didn't even flinch. Alarms have totally lost their credibility.
08:53pm 30/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
08:53pm 30/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21244 posts
if she's never used it, try the default code. Usually 1 2 3 4 or 0 0 0 0 ?

There will also be a backup battery somewhere, you could unplug it and remove the battery, would save you having to rewire it later I guess.
09:13pm 30/01/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3846 posts
Cut the siren wires dude.
09:14pm 30/01/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3847 posts
For the most part fat burners are rubbish. If you are eating more calories than your body burns on a daily basis you will gain weight (regardless of what fat burner you're taking), if you eat less calories than what your body burns, you'll lose weight. Easy as that. The best method for losing weight is simply counting your calories. Spend 2-3 weeks working out how much your body burns daily (Use a formula to get a basic starting point), then take away 500 calories a day. You should drop roughly 0.5kg a week at that rate. If you take away much more you'll probably find yourself starving, then you'll finder it harder not to binge. Some good tips. 1 - Eat lots of veggies. Very low cals, very filling. 2 - Write out a list of your most commonly eaten foods, their carbs/protein/fat/calories. Then just write down roughly what you eat daily off that. 3 - Drink diet soda. Whilst cutting the "S***" out of your diet will help, if you're still eating over your maintenance after cutting it out...you're not going to go anywhere.

Best weight loss advice ever, I need you to consult with my wife please!
09:20pm 30/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21245 posts
^^ wrong thread there morton?
09:26pm 30/01/13 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5644 posts
if she's never used it, try the default code. Usually 1 2 3 4

1 2 3 4... that's amazing, I've got the same combination on my luggage!
09:28pm 30/01/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6339 posts
Best weight loss advice ever, I need you to consult with my wife please!

i lol'd too much over this reply.
11:26pm 30/01/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3851 posts
^^ wrong thread there morton?

ha ha just noticed this. was wondering where my weight loss post went, thought QGL was playing up again!
11:55pm 30/01/13 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7883 posts
Haha morton

I'm disappointed team, I was expecting some mad alarm hackers to dump some knowledge in here :(
08:35am 31/01/13 Permalink
shrapse
Brisbane, Queensland
3811 posts
You disconnected the 4 wires from the keypad? That won't do much. You need to locate the main control panel, usually in a cupboard or wardrobe or something. Metal box, about the size of a phone book. Will have mains power and a backup battery inside, disconnect both.
08:40am 31/01/13 Permalink
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7884 posts
Ahhhhh ok ta
09:08am 31/01/13 Permalink
f**les
Brisbane, Queensland
6080 posts
They're in the roof these days, get up the man hole with a screw driver
09:23am 31/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:23am 31/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.