AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
Ever wish you could go back in time?
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
21217 posts
Just having a few drinks and watching a video of our family reli-bashes that look like they were filmed back in the very early 80's. Just seeing all my uncles and aunties looking so young compared to now. Looks so weird. Seeing all the kids running around. Be cool to go back then and start over or go back and know what you know now and start over.
01:24pm 29/01/13 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
01:24pm 29/01/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19464 posts
Rev's getting his drink on. i would go back to when I had a full head of hair.
01:27pm 29/01/13 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17758 posts
01:52pm 29/01/13 Permalink
mooby
Brisbane, Queensland
6258 posts
lol. deffo the 50's
01:58pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Snakeman
Queensland
866 posts
I wanna go back in time and make a few bets. That would make me happy !!!
01:59pm 29/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9828 posts
Id like to go back to when John Howard was PM and Australia had a surplus.
03:22pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Outlaw
Gold Coast, Queensland
2119 posts
I'd go back in time and fuck your mom
03:24pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Fixah
Brisbane, Queensland
7188 posts
..is what Outlaw said to himself looking in the mirror in the present.
03:32pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
3068 posts
Fuck that, I'd rather go forward in time. Power up the FTL, jump to end of the galaxy and come back, see what the world looks like.
03:34pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7228 posts
Fuck that, I'd rather go forward in time. Power up the FTL, jump to end of the galaxy and come back, see what the world looks like.

Basically, this. Going back is pretty unexciting, just "having to start business again, having to start resume and savings again, having to deal with too much christianity at churches and youthgroups and shit."

The only thing really worth going back for is doing the degree again with all my new skills's.
03:55pm 29/01/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3372 posts
Lol Rev, probably wanna go back and never offer RBJs for us all.

Had a mate just the other day say he wished he could do over high school and have a crack @ the hottest chick.
03:56pm 29/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9829 posts
I think Life was better in the past.
Much closer to Nature, less complex.
yeah i know you had more disease etc...

I often wonder if those Amish people are on to something there.
04:01pm 29/01/13 Permalink
FraktuRe
Gold Coast, Queensland
4438 posts
I'd go back in time and get my RBJ again. Damn that was a good time.
04:32pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1918 posts
I'd go back in time with the correct numbers for the 200 mill, dunno why you numpty's are having such retart ideas ;P
04:40pm 29/01/13 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4094 posts
I would go back to when apple was shit. buy a crap ton of shares, sell them when the shares reached their highest, put moneys into high interest saving.. win@life.
04:56pm 29/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9832 posts
Why is it everyone always wants more money ?

05:29pm 29/01/13 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
7063 posts
i would go back in time & change the original conditions of the instances that other time travellers were going back in time to affect.
05:33pm 29/01/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
512 posts
I would go back to when apple was shit. buy a crap ton of shares, sell them when the shares reached their highest, put moneys into high interest saving.. win@life.

Apple were always shit.

They just managed to con stupid people into being their fanboys.
05:56pm 29/01/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6336 posts
I think Life was better in the past.
Much closer to Nature, less complex.
yeah i know you had more disease etc...

I often wonder if those Amish people are on to something there.

You can do all this now, but you choose, every day, not to.
06:50pm 29/01/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19467 posts

mo money mo problems
06:55pm 29/01/13 Permalink
BOHEMION
Brisbane, Queensland
565 posts
I'd go back in time to make sure I did heaps better at school and get my dad to quit smoking earlier.
08:25pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21228 posts
Do you mean go back in time, or rewind time? From the sounds of it, you want to rewind time to when you were young again.

I hated my teenage years and just about every second day in highschool I thought about suicide. There's no fucking way in hell I'd ever want to relive that bullshit.

However I'd love to have a TARDIS, Delorean, magic carpet, whatever and be able to travel through time. I'd go back & see dinosaurs & shit, ancient rome, the leaning tower of pizza before it was leaning, meet Leonardo Da Vinci / Van Gough, etc.

I don't think I'd use it for personal gain because then some butthead named biff would steal my almanac, get rich and make me call him daddy.
08:46pm 29/01/13 Permalink
sharkuul
Brisbane, Queensland
560 posts
I'd go back in time and make sure QGL had enough public liability insurance to continue LANs past the year 2000.

Let the leeching begin!

Or I'd go back in time to observe Jesus and Mohammed and see if this religion thing was all bs.

Wouldn't that solve some issues...
10:03pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21231 posts
Wouldn't that solve some issues...
no, because no one would believe you (assuming you found out he didn't exist) and now everyone who thinks they'll go to heaven if they're good finds out there's no afterlife so they don't have to be good anymore and everyone starts raping, pillaging and burninating villages.
10:09pm 29/01/13 Permalink
sharkuul
Brisbane, Queensland
563 posts
Whoop I'm pretty sure the rape and pillage and burninating of villages happened as a direct result of differences in religious ideologies causing conflict.

Religion has been the direct cause of more war than anything else.

Christianity vs Islam war for the city of Jerusalem hasn't stopped since it started ages ago. These so called "good" people have been raping, killing and burninating eachother ever since and continue to do so today.

Cool story though bro, needs more dragons....
10:18pm 29/01/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3843 posts
However I'd love to have a TARDIS, Delorean, magic carpet, whatever and be able to travel through time. I'd go back & see dinosaurs & shit, ancient rome, the leaning tower of pizza before it was leaning, meet Leonardo Da Vinci / Van Gough, etc.

I'm with whoop, I'd go back to check out major events and locations before development. Would love to see Ancient Rome in full swing.
10:25pm 29/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22164 posts
Religion has been the direct cause of more war than anything else.
Only on QGL could a numpty say something as irrelevant and dumb as this is a hypothetical time travel thread.

Anyway, what that guy said. Go back in time and pick the right lottery numbers.
10:30pm 29/01/13 Permalink
sharkuul
Brisbane, Queensland
564 posts
Excellent contribution to the thread fuckpot...
10:33pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21234 posts
no. just no. This is a time travel thread. no more religion talk. everyone stfu and get back to hypothetically going back in time to fuck your own mums. (or dads if you're a woman).
10:36pm 29/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22165 posts
What was wrong with it?

If I only had one chance it would be a big toss up between the lottery and saving John Lennon's life. It would be cool to have Lennon alive but 100 million dollars would be too sweet to pass up on.
10:38pm 29/01/13 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3708 posts
for me, I would love to go back and record some unanswered shit,

like what dino's really looked like, skin, scale, or feathers?

rome is a given,

pompei like a week before it was wiped out.

now, if it was a case of "go back in time and change something" now that is a bigger question. I mean if you could have stopped the fall of rome, how much further would we be ahead?

would you maybe change something further back, like give farmers a better idea of how to manage the land around the nile?
10:41pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21235 posts
There should be another thread (probably also started by a drunk rev) about what you'd do if you had a time machine and could go back in time to win every lottery ever and end up with like 50 trillion dollars or something.
10:42pm 29/01/13 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4095 posts

I would love to believe that we have a future where money is not important (Star trek style) unfortunately I have very little faith in humanity. So I assume money will always be king/god/etc.
10:42pm 29/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22166 posts
There should be another thread (probably also started by a drunk rev) about what you'd do if you had a time machine and could go back in time to win every lottery ever and end up with like 50 trillion dollars or something.
After probably your third win they'd just stop running it.
10:44pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21236 posts
Didn't star trek have replicator rations though? So you can't "buy" anything, but you still only get a certain amount of stuff. Or was that just on the ships? I'm not that much of a fan of the show that I know this stuff inside & out.

What does get me curious though is how doc brown had a suitcase full of money from different times, when he hadn't even been back in time yet.

After probably your third win they'd just stop running it.

dude, it's a thread about time travel, just pretend they keep running the lotto no matter what.
10:46pm 29/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22167 posts
You don't need to go back in time to get it. You just need to get some from wherever they store historical notes.
10:47pm 29/01/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16571 posts
1. visit the moment just after the big bang.
2. watch the solar system form
3. dinosaurs!
4. visit awesome moments in human history
5. travel to the year 3000 and become a delivery boy
6. watch the universe end

would be kind of cool to go into space just so you can say you're from the past.
10:48pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21237 posts
^^ Imagine if you could do a major fast forward, like a million years every minute or something. Imagine sitting above the earth in your time travelling space whojawhatsit and just watching things unfold.
10:50pm 29/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22168 posts
would be kind of cool to go into space just so you can say your from the past.
Yeah Armstrong would have died around 0.0000000001 of a second earlier if he had never traveled to the moon. I hope he spent that extra time wisely!
10:51pm 29/01/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16572 posts
yeah it would be pretty cool to be this guy

10:52pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21239 posts
Constantly being around with hot women you know you can never have? Yeah, sure would be pretty awesome. Oh wait, that sounds like me anyway!

Fuck yeah, I'm the Doctor.

Basically, run.
10:57pm 29/01/13 Permalink
Some Fat Bastard
Brisbane, Queensland
1272 posts
I'd go back and ensure Joe Strummer's heart condition was diagnosed and treated. Long Live one of the greatest songwriters (along with Mick Jones) to have ever lived.
12:07am 30/01/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2300 posts
shot answer? yes, to when i was 14.
01:15am 30/01/13 Permalink
Insom
Canada
4198 posts
possibly go back and give myself a better work ethic during school/uni etc

oh and give hitler a wedgie
04:34am 30/01/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1169 posts
Id like to go back to when John Howard was PM and Australia had a surplus.

+1
10:27am 30/01/13 Permalink
Cheez
Brisbane, Queensland
764 posts
Think Rev wants to go back and erase his post along with every ones minds about the RBJ's
05:27pm 30/01/13 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6251 posts
fast forward to 2.30

08:53pm 30/01/13 Permalink
adBot
ads
Internet
--
ads keep websites free
08:53pm 30/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.

Advertise with Us | Download Media Kit | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© Copyright 2001-2014 AusGamers™ Pty Ltd. ACN 093 772 242.
A Mammoth Media web development / Australian VPS Hosting by Mammoth Networks