We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
We take a nostalgic look back at one of the best N64 games to ever be made, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Throwback Thursday - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Storage Wars: THQ Edition -- An Exploration of the THQ Asset Auction
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5729 posts
Tomorrow THQ's assets (read: internal studios, wholly-owned IPs, licenses and contracts) go up for grabs in an asset auction as part of their ongoing bankruptcy.

Rumour has it a number of the larger publishers have been looking into targeted acquisitions and why wouldn't they? THQ's more recent portfolio is an impressive one, by any measure, and in the right hands any one of their core franchises like Saints Row, Red Faction, Darksiders, Company of Heroes and beyond could become a resounding success, or it could be put to rest. Focusing on the former, we've collated THQ's goods in an opinion piece on where we think they'd fit best.

Click here for the full run-down.

And stay tuned for all the juicy details on the auction as they come in from tomorrow.
05:29pm 22/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:29pm 22/01/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13285 posts
You're happy to have Relic go to EA? I'm not.
05:44pm 22/01/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13286 posts
Editing posts is broken?
Anyway, With all this tasty IP why is it that THQ has collapsed?
05:47pm 22/01/13 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20557 posts
I want someone to pick up the rights to Freespace and make another one of those
05:57pm 22/01/13 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1908 posts
I just want Metro to come soon, and for Vigil to be saved and continue giving me more Darksiders :D

I do hope Relic ends up somewhere great as well, even though I don't care much for the RTS stuff. Awesome fps open world styled 40k game plzkthnx.
06:15pm 22/01/13 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1731 posts
If EA gets Relic, f***. Give it 5 years and the franchises they made will go the way of Red Alert/C&C.

I would love to see Vigil go to WB, and probably Relic go anywhere but EA.
07:12pm 22/01/13 Permalink
ctd
UK
10211 posts
At least COH2 is pretty much out, no one can f*** with it (I hope).
08:00pm 22/01/13 Permalink
joerocket10r
Brisbane, Queensland
55 posts
let EA get hold of it, i'm sure they will try. Origin + some bs web based server page + 3 other things that all need to run just to play a game. then update and not work :(
09:50pm 22/01/13 Permalink
WetWired
Brisbane, Queensland
6122 posts
For the love of god will some company pick up and fast track homeworld 3
11:11pm 22/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:11pm 22/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.