We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Green Man Gaming Takes 30% Hit on Australia Taxed Titles
Dan
Special Text
Brisbane, Queensland
288 posts
Popular digital download game keys retailer Green Man Gaming has responded to pressures to regionally discriminate on some of their games (currently only those published by 2K Games), by pledging a 30% rebate coupon code for affected titles (thanks Deviouz).
GMGAU-3J9MF-MUINW
2K Games had reportedly insisted the retailer jack up prices for their games being sold to Australian and New Zealand visitors, as is customary for Australian publishers, and not wanting to lose their distribution access, Green Man sadly obliged.

However, the discount code nullifies the markup in most instances (and actually exceeds it in a couple), so everybody wins. Green Man gets some good will (and the opportunity to charge the occasional wealthy, apathetic customer the higher price), 2K gets their regular gouge price, and customers using the coupon get a fair deal.

The retailer claims the code will be valid for the next 10 years, a gesture somewhat muted by the caveat that it's "subject to change", but we imagine that tune could change quite fast if other major publishers take notice and request the same treatment.

Head over to Green Man Gaming (disclaimer: affiliate link that throws a few dollars AusGamers' way for any subsequent purchases made) to take advantage of their generosity. Search for "ANZ" to browse price discrimination affected titles.
06:21pm 17/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:21pm 17/01/13 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5610 posts
The code is valid for the next ten years, though Green Man does warn that this may be subject to change.

Haha, why not just say the code is valid for ELEVENTY BILLION YEARS*!
06:25pm 17/01/13 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
872 posts
What absolute legends. I'll make more of an effort to buy from them.
06:50pm 17/01/13 Permalink
SheerObesity
Melbourne, Victoria
4 posts
What are ANZ games?

I didn't know the bank ANZ made video games.
06:57pm 17/01/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8420 posts
Just tried using it on several different products and all come up invalid. Might be only applicable on games that publishers tell them to raise the price for ANZ.
07:09pm 17/01/13 Permalink
glynd
Melbourne, Victoria
873 posts
Just tried using it on several different products and all come up invalid. Might be only applicable on games that publishers tell them to raise the price for ANZ.

try searching for (anz) think it's just for games that have (ANZ) after the name
07:23pm 17/01/13 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
8154 posts
This would be great if Green Man Gaming's checkout ever worked for me. It used to be fine until a few months ago, now neither me nor my girlfriend can ever manage to buy anything. Their checkout just errors out.
09:59pm 17/01/13 Permalink
d^
Melbourne, Victoria
1240 posts
Midda contact them for some help.
10:39pm 17/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21156 posts
What are ANZ games?I didn't know the bank ANZ made video games.

not.sure.if.sarcasm.

Australia (and) New Zealand
10:59pm 17/01/13 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
8155 posts
Midda contact them for some help.

Done that multiple times. Their customer service is outsourced or something, and it's pretty crap. I haven't tried for a while though, they may have fixed it (though they said once before that they fixed it and it still didn't work).
11:41pm 17/01/13 Permalink
TiT
Brisbane, Queensland
5326 posts
Looks like i will be buying Simcity off them if they sell it!
11:17am 18/01/13 Permalink
TufNuT
I like eel pie
Brisbane, Queensland
4078 posts
Green Man Gaming had some awesome deals during the steam 'sale' bought quite a few titles through them.

D*** move from 2k games, would love to blast them on twitter.. but whats the point.
11:26am 18/01/13 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2917 posts
Is there any word on whether this means they will start selling games from publishers that haven't been available in Aus?

Pretty sure the reason they haven't had other publishers available to Australians that they have available to US and UK customers is because they were asked to price gouge and stood their ground on. Hopefully this does mean they may become available, because I'd rather do all my game shopping at a store that supports Australians than have to give anything to those that are apathetic to us like Steam or Origin.

The more people that buy from them the more clout they will have in the industry and they will be able to make a bigger difference than they already are.
11:35am 18/01/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1133 posts
http://i.imgur.com/L3J6n.jpg
11:47am 18/01/13 Permalink
HERMITech
Brisbane, Queensland
8123 posts
Am I missing something here?
No one is complaining about the fact that 2K games are doing this to begin with?

What happened about the price gouging investigation by the govt?
11:54am 18/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22099 posts
How is it possible to be this dull and/or unfunny?
12:00pm 18/01/13 Permalink
Trauma
Melbourne, Victoria
3055 posts
Not a fan of this, as the OP said other pubs will just use it as an excuse to keep gouging. It's just GMG trying to claim back some of the potentially lost sales to import. I'll stick to import thx. And f*** 2k.
06:20pm 18/01/13 Permalink
Llian
Central Coast, New South Wales
75 posts
The fact that they just caved is wrong. Should do what GoG does and let people set their country. Tell 2k that customers don't lie, that would be wrong to assume your customers are lying scum.
08:26pm 18/01/13 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1897 posts
What Trauma said. all it's doing is keeping all sides happy, not actively combating the issue.
12:32am 19/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
12:32am 19/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.