We take a look at Telltale's latest adventures in Gearbox's Borderlands to find out just what you can expect from this new adventure series.
Tales from the Borderlands - Episode 1: Zer0 Sum Reviewed
We take a look at Ubisoft's next iteration in the Far Cry universe to see just what is on offer
Badger Badger Badger - Far Cry 4 Reviewed
We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
Surface with Windows 8 Pro
jmr
Brisbane, Queensland
7865 posts
Can anyone find an expected release date for this?

MS is pretty vague on the website?

Ta :)
11:13am 14/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
11:13am 14/01/13 Permalink
simul
Brisbane, Queensland
1483 posts
I thought it was Q1 2013 - though that was ages ago (before RT was released)
12:20pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Twisted
Brisbane, Queensland
11797 posts

Some of the MS stores in the US are saying January 26. Price tag is a bit heavy though, $900 in the states or something like that?
12:21pm 14/01/13 Permalink
BoDGie
Brisbane, Queensland
607 posts
Price tag is a bit heavy though, $900 in the states or something like that?

Compare the price with a similar specced laptop, not an iPad/Android tablet
12:25pm 14/01/13 Permalink
deadlyf
Queensland
2914 posts
Yeah $900 sounds like a pretty good price to me, SSD, an i5 Processor and 1080p resolution screen would set you back close to a grand for a regular laptop.

I had a go of the RT surface at JB's the other day, I couldn't really tell what was different between it and the normal version of Windows 8. The keyboard case thing is really s*** though, it'd be impossible to type at any decent pace since the keys seemed to need to have pressure on them for half a second to register the press. It was impressive how thin it was but I'd rather use a proper keyboard if I wasn't using an on-screen one.
12:32pm 14/01/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1120 posts
The only reason I haven't jumped on the surface already is because no one is really supporting win 8 RT... its Achilles heel seems to be the app store and lack of community acceptance.

Notch seems to be leading some vendetta against it...

Is this Surface with Windows 8 Pro going to be a standard install of windows 8 pro or just a renamed windows 8 RT Pro gimmick?

Is it still going to bang out 7 - 8 hours + of battery life with these new stats? as JMR said... site is very vague
12:58pm 14/01/13 Permalink
BoDGie
Brisbane, Queensland
608 posts
Is this Surface with Windows 8 Pro going to be a standard install of windows 8 pro or just a renamed windows 8 RT Pro gimmick?

It's standard install of Windows 8 Pro and will run any x86/x64 apps.

Is it still going to bang out 7 - 8 hours + of battery life with these new stats?

Apparently only 4.5hrs battery life
01:08pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13362 posts
Its a full install of Windows, not RT.

I'm keen on one, but I'm unsure about MS hardware in this sense. I'll have a look at it but lots of companies are about to launch hybrid notebook / tablets with Win 8 pro so I wouldn't focus on the MS version alone personally.

This thing looks good but 20" might be a bit big! http://www.sony.com.au/product/svj20215cg

edit: also seems to lack hdmi out, wtf sony?
01:14pm 14/01/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1121 posts
Apparently only 4.5hrs battery life

f***
02:12pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Strik3r
Brisbane, Queensland
2132 posts
yea the low battery life of the i5 tablets is the only reason I haven't picked up a Acer W7 or a Samsung ATIV Pro. Even the 4.5 hours is generous depending on what you are doing.

I am hoping that the Asus Transformer Book which comes with an extra battery in the keyboard dock will get it up to ~8 hours.
03:50pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Mass
Brisbane, Queensland
1352 posts
I am looking at the Surface Pro as a desktop replacement at the office, battery life isn't going to bother me too much.
05:01pm 14/01/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1122 posts
I am looking at the Surface Pro as a desktop replacement at the office, battery life isn't going to bother me too much.

But how to 4 monitors?
05:31pm 14/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
05:31pm 14/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.