We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Warner Bros Registers Numerous "Arkham" Domains
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5713 posts
Rumour and speculation are all we've had to go on as far as the continuation of Rocksteady's Batman Arkham series, but a recent registering of myriad "Arkham" domains might finally be putting some momentum behind the acclaimed series' run.

While last we heard Rocksteady were slated to handle a Justice League game set in the Silver Age, the domain name registrations hopefully put the series back in the competent developer's hands, though there's nothing suggesting any of these are even specifically related to videogames.

Here's the list (thanks Joystiq):
  • Arkham Universe - arkhamuniverse.com
  • Batman: Arkham Universe - batmanarkahmuniverse.com
  • Batman: Arkham Arises - batmanarkhamarises.com
  • Batman: Arkham Begins - batmanarkhambegins.com
  • Batman: Arkham Dark Knight - batmanarkhamdarkknight.com
  • Batman: Arkham Knight - batmanarkhamknight.com
  • Batman: Arkham Legend - batmanarkhamlegend.com
  • Batman: Arkham Legends - batmanarkhamlegends.com
  • Batman: Arkham Night - batmanarkhamnight.com
  • Batman: Arkham Origins - batmanarkhamorigins.com
  • Batman: Arkham Stories - batmanarkhamstories.com
  • Dark Knight Arkham - darkknightarkham.com
  • DC Arkham Universe - dcarkhamuniverse.com
  • DC Arkhamverse - dcarkhamverse.com
  • The Arkham Universe - thearkhamuniverse.com
Interestingly absent from the list is "Arkham World" the actual term teased by thugs in Batman: Arkham City and part of a joke the Joker hinted at at 2011's Spike TV VGAs. Hopefully this is the beginning of an official push for a third game in the series though, as its ending with Arkham City, and the countless expanded universe character teases left far more questions and plot points unanswered than answered.
10:28am 14/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
10:28am 14/01/13 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1719 posts
Both of those Batman games where some of the best games I've played. I would love a third instalment. So much to explore with Harley and Batman. Would also love to see more Nightwing and Robin.
10:41am 14/01/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16511 posts
i would love some co-op.

it will be a difficult game for them to pull off especially since certain bad guys were killed off.
12:44pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1885 posts
it will be a difficult game for them to pull off especially since certain bad guys were killed off.

lol, like thats ever stopped comic book characters from making some kind of evil return :P
02:27pm 14/01/13 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1720 posts
I don't think co-op would suit this game at all.

Given the plethora of other awesome Batman villains that inhabit the DCU, they have plenty more to explore.
02:57pm 14/01/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16514 posts
lol, like thats ever stopped comic book characters from making some kind of evil return :P

i guess they could dump them all in the lazarus pit.
03:21pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5716 posts
given they've played with Ras and Talia, I'd say that's a pretty solid bet if a third game is actually made
03:48pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20525 posts
The only real major one they killed was the Joker (f*** spoiler tags, games been out for over a year now). And I guess Hugo Strange, but he was pretty played out already and wont be missed.

I mean, its not like an Al Ghul is ever really dead when they have lazarus pits on hand.
03:50pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13271 posts
I've made a life decision that I think is very wise. If ever Batman appears in my City, I'm quitting my job and moving out. Right away. F*** that s***.
03:59pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Crash
Sydney, New South Wales
1379 posts
Surely im no the only one who thinks Batman: Arkham Universe is a stupid name. I dont think there needs to be another "prison" situation again. Just do a Batman: Gotham City for next gen thanks
04:21pm 14/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22075 posts
I hate it when people say co-op wouldn't suit things because every game should have co-op.
05:28pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
8400 posts
Been heaps of rumours that Rocksteady could be doing other hero titles, but I would love to see more Batman. Arkham Asylum and City are one of my most favourite hero games, everything was just done perfectly and felt very solid. They just got the feel of Batman to the t, and that is probably what I love the most.

Also Batman, I mean it is Batman.
07:07pm 14/01/13 Permalink
infi
Brisbane, Queensland
19420 posts
arkham city was fantastic. they need to keep making this series.
07:57pm 14/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
07:57pm 14/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close