We chat with Blizzard's Tom Chilton on all things World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor
Talking World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor with Tom Chilton
We take the open-world of fictional Kyrat for a spin.
Far Cry 4 Open-World Hands-On Preview
We take on the Dark Lord and his minions in Monolith's epic action-adventure romp
Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Review
We go hands-on with Ubisoft's next Assassin's Creed game, Unity, to see what all the revolution fuss is about
Assassin's Creed: Unity Hands-On Preview
Double Fine Expresses Interest in THQ Assets Ahead of Auction
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5712 posts
In case you've missed the news, embattled publisher, THQ, has hung up its company boots and accepted its fate as an unfortunate sinking ship.

The company was delisted from the Nasdaq over the Holiday break and despite an option to contest the delisting and fight to stay afloat, the company has instead opted to have its assets auctioned off. This has lead to interest in THQ IPs from such industry heavyweights as Electronic Arts and Warner Bros Interactive (likely looking to nab up the company's biggest franchise, Saints Row), but a smaller interest has arisen in Tim Shafer's Double Fine who actually recently had two titles published through THQ: Stacking and Costume Quest.

This info comes by way of a Tweet, and Gamesindustry.biz points out that Double Fine's interest in THQ assets is most likely tied to the developer reacquiring its own work on the two aforementioned titles, but if the price is right, you never know what else they might want to get their hands on.

In the interest of dialogue, where would you prefer to see the likes of Saints Row, Red Faction, Metro, Darksiders or Homefront go?
09:54am 14/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:54am 14/01/13 Permalink
Tollaz0r!
Brisbane, Queensland
13268 posts
I think I would accept Double Fine taking CoH franchise and team.
10:08am 14/01/13 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1105 posts
I don't care what happens to THQ aslong as CoH2 is released and supported.
11:13am 14/01/13 Permalink
Steve Farrelly
Sydney, New South Wales
5714 posts
Then you absolutely do need to be concerned, because that series is going to be sold to someone
11:35am 14/01/13 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1884 posts
I really hope we don't lose the new Metro game in neverland, it looks like such an improvement over the first in every way, I might even cry if it doesn't come to light.
I also hope Vigil make it through unscathed, I'd love to see more Darksiders.
02:21pm 14/01/13 Permalink
ChaosDreamer
5 posts
Ummm Stick of Truth...
02:23pm 14/01/13 Permalink
joerocket10r
Brisbane, Queensland
50 posts
sad to see THQ go, would be awesome if valve brought everything :)
07:33pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Mantorok
Brisbane, Queensland
6747 posts
sad to see THQ go, would be awesome if valve brought everything :)
Where would they bring it to?
07:37pm 14/01/13 Permalink
joerocket10r
Brisbane, Queensland
52 posts
sorry Mantorok...forget this was a english lesson...my bad. bought
09:28pm 14/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:28pm 14/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.