We take a look at inXile's cRPG successor Wasteland 2
Wasteland 2 Reviewed
AusGamers takes a deep and hard look at just what Bungie has to offer in their newest sci-fi world, and just where our Destiny may lay.
Destiny Reviewed
AusGamers had the chance to sit down and chat with lead programmer and local Australian Ian Hern on all things Kraden’s Crypt.
Interview with Ian Hern on Kraden's Crypt
We take a look at all the local talent Australia has to offer for the gaming scene
Indie Friday: A Look at Australian Gaming
Measles Alert a cover for the start of the zombie apocalypse?
natslovR
Sydney, New South Wales
8078 posts
A "measles alert" has been sent out by the Queensland Department of Health. If you were on flights they don't name, were at the airport or in the brisbane CBD on January 2nd or January 3rd and you start to feel sick, you need to seek help immediately.

Measles alert for Brisbane, Mt Isa residents

Based on the description there it looks like you don't even need to have been bitten, standing nearby an infected person can pass it on.

Fingers crossed they are slow moving even if their infection isn't.

In the US they are calling it a 'flu epidemic': Cuomo responds to flu epidemic, declares health emergency in NY

Time to bug out Brisbane!!
09:58am 13/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
09:58am 13/01/13 Permalink
copuis
Brisbane, Queensland
3662 posts
oh noes, I work at the airport, and i've been feeling sick

i beat it is the greenies that are doing this, I mean why else would someone travel to Mt Isa

I wonder is the alert is just good timing
http://skepchick.org/2011/12/measles-are-marvelous/

that silly book has been pulled
10:15am 13/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9759 posts
ACA had an anti-vax family on i think thursday night.
They dont believe in Vaccinations right ?
so guess what they do instead ?
They use Homeopathic Vaccines.

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8590910
01:21pm 13/01/13 Permalink
Bah
Brisbane, Queensland
4877 posts
But they were doctors, so they know about medicine right!
Oh wait, chiropractors.
01:54pm 13/01/13 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5592 posts
Perhaps there should be a few follow up books to Melanie's Marvellous Measles entitled Stacey's Subcutaneously Sloughing Staphylococcus and Paula's Painful Paralyzing Polio.
04:05pm 13/01/13 Permalink
Whoop
Brisbane, Queensland
21127 posts
who gives a s***? I mean, we've all been vaccinated against measles right? So we're all perfectly safe. Bunch of scare mongers
04:08pm 13/01/13 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9896 posts
we've all been vaccinated against measles right?

In the order of 6 to 10% of the population never received any MMR vaccination.
And boys of my generation never got the second shot. A percentage (ie. more than 1 but less than 10%) of people who had the first shot didn't develop immunity, the second shot used to pick that up.

But in the 70s and 80s the second shot was only given to girls. So the answer is no, even if you had the shot when you were a baby you may not be protected unless you had the second shot.
07:30pm 13/01/13 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9825 posts
I guess natural selection is alive and well after all Obes :/

so... how about them there Aussie bushfires?
08:06pm 13/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7148 posts
ACA had an anti-vax family on i think thursday night.
They dont believe in Vaccinations right ?
so guess what they do instead ?
They use Homeopathic Vaccines.

The implied criticism is rich coming from you.
08:16pm 13/01/13 Permalink
Obes
Brisbane, Queensland
9898 posts
I guess natural selection is alive and well after all Obes :/

What a retarded comment ?
I don't even get it.

You understand that over 90% of the population is protected against it ... no wait ... it's pointless no diagrams.
08:45pm 13/01/13 Permalink
Ha
38 posts

even crazy ass faceman is allowed to scoff at using homeopathy to protect someone you presumably care about.
08:49pm 13/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9763 posts

ing ?
08:53pm 13/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22072 posts
even crazy ass faceman is allowed to scoff at using homeopathy to protect someone you presumably care about.
ahaha, no.
09:07pm 13/01/13 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1811 posts
I've been finding recently that I have a intense dislike of people who believe in homeopathy, I just discovered my flatmate does.
12:18am 14/01/13 Permalink
Ha
39 posts
ahaha, no.

i'm curious name one thing faceman has advocated that is worse than knowingly exposing your offspring to serious diseases.
09:54am 14/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22073 posts
It's not so much about what is worse, it's more about how disassociated with reality his ideas are.

So without thinking too hard about it, his 9/11 truther ideas are just as retarded as thinking vaccinations are some sort of dangerous government plot like some people do.

edit: oh and if you do want to put morality in to the mix, global warming is going to be a major problem in the near future which will cost many lives and do an absolute f***tonne of damage to the world. While he and other peoples little forum ramblings on here seem harmless when you add them all up it creates an atmosphere (keke) of doubt that is enough to convince really stupid people that it isn't really a very big problem, so I guess there's that too. He is also a holocaust denier. Do I need to go on?
11:11am 14/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9765 posts
*denies the extent of the holocaust.

01:17pm 14/01/13 Permalink
HurricaneJim
Brisbane, Queensland
1308 posts
*denies the extent of the holocaust.

Well it either is or isn't there can't be an extent. The word itself in the English language is used to denote great massacres. Geoncide is a more appropriate term as it is a deliberate and systematic destruction of a race/religion/ethnic/national group.
04:04pm 14/01/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10671 posts
yeah calling it "the holocaust" is quite misleading. Until a few years ago I thought people were referring to some fictitious event in the future. I come from a polish family though, no such thing as a "holocaust" in our history like there is in hollywood history.
04:12pm 14/01/13 Permalink
Viper119
UK
1815 posts
What basis is there for holocaust denial? The evidence for it seems pretty overwhelming.
01:28am 15/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9768 posts
overwhelming ?
Why would overwhelming evidence need Laws to prevent research of it ?

02:20am 15/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:20am 15/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.
Close