We check out the fast-paced third-person Xbox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive to see just what it has in store.
Sunset Overdrive Reviewed
We take a look at Firaxis' sci-fi take on the Civ universe
Civilization: Beyond Earth Reviewed
We sit down with Blizzard's Ion Hazzikostas to talk all things World of Warcraft, including upcoming expansion Warlords of Draenor.
Talking Draenor with Ion Hazzikostas
Here it is, AusGamers looks at The Evil Within, and just what you can expect from grandaddy horror creator Shinji Mikami
The Evil Within Review
Windows Phone 8 apps worth grabbing
Raven
Melbourne, Victoria
7593 posts
One of the most-used criticisms you'll probably hear about Windows Phone 8 is the apps that are available (or aren't) - and other than that there's some pretty annoying things missing from the OS.

I thought maybe we needed a quick place for suggestions on what apps are worth grabbing, since there's been plenty of these thread for iOS in the past.

I'll start with a few that I've found:

- Battery Widget. Allows you to monitor and graph battery usage over time.
- BoxFiles. Dropbox client, since there's no native one.
- Audio Player Free. Because Nokia Music is s***. Any other good music players out there?
- Seesmic - Twitter client. I use this one because it supports multiple accounts, but it's missing a few features, including telling you who re-tweeted something
- Rowi - Twitter client. Seems better than Seesmic, but lacks multiple account support.
- ServiiMetro - Serviio client for WP8.
- UC Browser. Seems to be a much better browser than Internet Exploder. Has good quicklaunch/home screen shortcuts, better tabbed browsing, and actually has a forward button. Downside, I don't think you can force other apps to use it as the default when they launch links.

What other apps should I be looking at? I'm wanting better twitter clients and music players, and haven't found an MSN client yet.
08:27am 10/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
system
Internet
--
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.