We five mobile gaming packs to giveaway that include a Sony Xperia Z3, a PS4, a mount for your Dualshock controller and a pop-up gaming tent!
Sony Xperia Z3 Mobile Gaming Giveaway Featuring a PS4!
AusGamers presents a hands-on report of the third major game in the 'World of' series from Wargaming, World of Tanks.
World of Warships Hands-On Preview
We take a look at the latest mobile gaming setup from GAEMS to see just how useful it is.
Tech Tuesday - GAEMS Vanguard Black Edition Review
We chat with 343 Industries about Halo 5: Guardians and the upcoming multiplayer beta!
343 Industries Talks Halo 5: Guardians Multiplayer Beta
Nintendo Unveils Pokemon X and Y, Sixth Generation Pokemon Titles
Eorl
Brisbane, Queensland
7142 posts
Nintendo has revealed two new Pokemon titles for their 3DS handheld console, which will introduce the sixth generation of Pokemon into the long-running game and animation series. Along with the announcement comes a first-hand look at the three starter Pokemon that will be available to players, each one offering a unique look and abilities.
“We brought Pokémon into an entirely new dimension and we’re incredibly excited to bring Pokémon X and Pokémon Y to fans,” said Junichi Masuda, video game director at GAME FREAK inc. “The stunning visuals, a completely redesigned environment, game scenario, music, and communication features will bring smiles to the faces of video game players around the world.”
During Nintendo's first Direct stream of 2013 a gameplay video was showcased, which you can check out below for a glimpse at the entirely new Pokemon titles, including the revamped graphics and a short glimpse at the new Legendary Pokemon. You can also check out our game page for a handful of in-game screenshots as well.

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will be available exclusively on the 3DS worldwide in October 2013 for the first time.

02:28am 09/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
02:28am 09/01/13 Permalink
Phooks
Brisbane, Queensland
2439 posts
An eight year old could design more attractive pokemon than that. Not that it matters...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/archive/3/32/20080723093029!Wii_money.gif
04:13am 09/01/13 Permalink
carson
Gippsland, Victoria
1716 posts
I like those starters. The grass one is the best of them.

Looks like it's time to upgrade to a 3DS.
07:48am 09/01/13 Permalink
Zapo
Brisbane, Queensland
2861 posts
More global simultaneous releases. Finally. Nintendo has usually been terrible at this.
08:15am 09/01/13 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20499 posts
I don't understand Pokemon games, or why theres always 2 or 3 different versions of the same game when a new one comes out (besides the obvious money-printing reason). Is it far too late to try one out at this point in the series?
11:14am 09/01/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
488 posts
If it's not in the first 151, it can f*** off :P
11:15am 09/01/13 Permalink
arkter
Gold Coast, Queensland
1114 posts

+1
11:31am 09/01/13 Permalink
bepatient
Melbourne, Victoria
1131 posts
After X and Y, Pokémon Z is the next logical step. (Reddit)
http://i.imgur.com/rc34n.png
11:55am 09/01/13 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1100 posts

+1

+1

How about that game engine with Red Blue and Yellow?
12:38pm 09/01/13 Permalink
Viper
Sydney, New South Wales
154 posts
Holy crap. I don't know why I buy into the pokemon games every time but my god am I excited for this!!!
01:30pm 09/01/13 Permalink
Midda
Brisbane, Queensland
8147 posts
I don't understand Pokemon games, or why theres always 2 or 3 different versions of the same game when a new one comes out (besides the obvious money-printing reason). Is it far too late to try one out at this point in the series?

You can jump in at any point, it doesn't really matter.

They're just game about exploration and progression with a fun, simple to understand combat system.

I used to say the same thing, but then I got Pokemon Black and realised that was a retarded position to take. The new Pokemon are no more or less cool/retarded than the original 151.
01:34pm 09/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7143 posts
I thought that Gen 3 had some nice ones. New grass starter is rubbish though.

Khel, I'd recommend grabbing an emulator and starting with either Generation 3 (Sapphire/Ruby/SpecialEdition), or the remake of Generation 1 (Fire Red, Leaf Green) which I think ran on the same engine.
02:41pm 09/01/13 Permalink
Akuma07
Sydney, New South Wales
13 posts
Omg!!! THEY DID IT!! THEY FINALLY DID IT!!!

I don't own a DS or 3DS, simply because the current Pokemon games didn't seem worth a purchase, but this..... I have waited a life time to see a 3 dimensional pokemon world....

Nintendo....my wallet.... just take it.
11:43pm 09/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7144 posts
Oh and as for why they split them up into two per generation, it's an early system of encouraging a sort of multiplayer, where of the hundreds of monster types, there's a few that can only be caught in one version or the other, making them only gainable by trading caught thingies for caught thingies, and creating a bit of exclusivity and gameplay variety.
12:37am 10/01/13 Permalink
rootzpokemaster
1 posts
I think pokemon is indeed the coolest game in the world and anyone who disagrees should be kicked in the boingloings!
06:24am 30/01/13 Permalink
BladeRunner
Queensland
1113 posts
Pokemon should look like this.

http://i.imgur.com/PoHDV2x.jpg
05:02pm 30/01/13 Permalink
Protius
Brisbane, Queensland
4478 posts
The music gets me everytime... I want this.
06:51pm 30/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:51pm 30/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.