We chat with Blizzard RTS veteran Allen Dilling on the past, present and future of StarCraft!
StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void Developer Interview
The first expansion for Company of Heroes 2 has landed. How does one attack Adrennes Assault? Read our review to find out!
Company of Heroes 2: Adrennes Assault Review
Follow on for our second entry in the on-going review of World of Warcraft's fifth expansion, Warlords of Draenor
World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor: Day 8 - Garrisons
We chat with Blizzard's Hearthstone team on all the juicy info about the first expansion to highly-successful card game Hearthstone
Hearthstone: Goblins vs Gnomes Dev Interview
What's the worst gift you received this christmas?
Cheez
Brisbane, Queensland
740 posts
Everybody gets at least one gift that makes em go WTF and this year mine was from the sister in-law. She thought cause I like computers that I might like the cheap plain logitech mouse she got me. Every other gift was good except that. Secret Santa that the immediate family get each other I received some Batman Tee's and a cool dragon sculpture. Wifey got me some games, whiskey stones and a large bottle of scotch, In-laws got me more scotch and some syrups for my new coffee maker. All good except the cheap-o mouse.
06:15pm 02/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
06:15pm 02/01/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16457 posts
i tell everyone what i want so i don't get s*** presents.
06:25pm 02/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7116 posts
I only got a $40 gift card, so my worst present was also my best present. :P
07:02pm 02/01/13 Permalink
Tanaka Khan
Brisbane, Queensland
5342 posts
iPad retina, new car. Made out like a bandit this year!!!
07:04pm 02/01/13 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6137 posts
6-pack of Corona's for Secret Santa was probably my worst.
07:04pm 02/01/13 Permalink
pARODY
Brisbane, Queensland
1110 posts
Housemate gave me a gnome candle. I'll set it on fire to show her how I feel about it later.
07:06pm 02/01/13 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17650 posts
6-pack of Corana's for Secret Santa was probably my worst

sounds like the dream
07:12pm 02/01/13 Permalink
Skitza
Brisbane, Queensland
9853 posts
$5 scratchie from my youngest brother.

c***.
07:14pm 02/01/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3301 posts
Mass Effect 3. Was purchased from EB as well. lol.
07:24pm 02/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22024 posts
I got AIDS from Door's mum.
07:24pm 02/01/13 Permalink
thermite
Brisbane, Queensland
10631 posts
a digital photo frame :/
07:28pm 02/01/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34845 posts
6-pack of Corana's for Secret Santa was probably my worst.

i would throw that s*** on the ground.
07:31pm 02/01/13 Permalink
shad
Brisbane, Queensland
3855 posts
The gift of giving. Totally overrated.
07:41pm 02/01/13 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5673 posts
You ungrateful c****.

every
single
one of you.
07:45pm 02/01/13 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7058 posts
07:46pm 02/01/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34846 posts
hahahaha
07:57pm 02/01/13 Permalink
sLaps_Forehead
Brisbane, Queensland
6219 posts
I got AIDS from Door's mum.

cant catch aids twice
08:06pm 02/01/13 Permalink
ctd
UK
10200 posts
I thought that you can catch it twice so if someone has it worse you can get an upgraded version. aids2.0

Didn't get any noteworthy s***** presents - you expect something s***** for the office secret santa cause that is the point.
08:42pm 02/01/13 Permalink
l3wd_5c0ff
Brisbane, Queensland
2428 posts
$20 itunes card when im clearly a samsung/android fanboi :(
09:25pm 02/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9721 posts
A small bottle of Salt crystals ?
Its awkward when you go to your partners family christmas and you get those presents that nobody wants, Jam, Lollies from China, biscuits from China, etc...
Its the thought that counts.

My Parents knew I liked Poker so they got me one of those Poker table set-tops.
I thought it was a present for a child when I saw it. Ive never even opened it.

http://images.canadianlisted.com/nlarge/poker-set-table-top-card-shuffler-chips-40-hillside_8308346.jpg

If my friends sat that close they'd be taking swings at each other.
Its the thought that counts.

Christmas is really for kids, they get so excited lol

09:29pm 02/01/13 Permalink
peterson
Brisbane, Queensland
3 posts
Life.
09:45pm 02/01/13 Permalink
mental
Brisbane, Queensland
3725 posts
Children loved it, but a christmas carol cd for the drive back from hervey bay was painful towards the end.
11:01pm 02/01/13 Permalink
Rdizz
Germany
2270 posts
a bill from my mother from german customs if i wanted to pick up some package with a rivers shirt and some cheap jewlery because she failed to mention the contents and how much its worth.

declined that one and should be on its way back to australia.
06:26am 03/01/13 Permalink
paveway
Brisbane, Queensland
17651 posts
Haha a rivers shirt

Balla
07:13am 03/01/13 Permalink
Enska
Sydney, New South Wales
1879 posts
hahaha, you just need a pair of those crocs they advertise and you'll be all geared up.
07:37am 03/01/13 Permalink
Denominator
Brisbane, Queensland
963 posts
Get you s*** present and wrap it back up and give it to them next xmas the lols are priceless :)
08:10am 03/01/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6287 posts
Well,

I met a girl for a couple of nights, knowing that she'd have to go back to her home country at some point. We had some fun but on the day she left she gave me a present and told me not to open it before christmas, i was kind of shocked, i really only knew her for a weekend.

She left and christmas came but it'd been weeks and i'd forgotten about the present. I'd got my father what he wanted (condensor mic for his iphone?) and my mother what she wanted (stupidly expensive earrings) and i figured i'd give some time to my brother as a gift.. Woke up christmas morning and felt guilty i hadn't got my brother anything tangible and i was looking around the house for something to wrap and pass off as a poultry "This plus the fact i'm doing your 100k service on your getz is your present".

Then i remembered, I had a gift, for a guy! I opened it, some kind of adidas cologne. I took a pic, wrapped it up again in the package i had carefully pried open and then went over for the family lunch.

Not even 10 minutes later my brother had opened it smiled politely and handed his gift (a pack of boxers which wouldn't fit) and we went about the day.

The pic was so that if that girl ever came back and she ended up in my room/home overnight again, i could have at least gone to the shops and picked up a new one.

On new years eve i get a message "Hey i'll be around one night tonight, want to meet up!" So i did.

After celebrating we came home and we went to my bed, after that we slept. Next morning she asked if i liked the present she got me and would i like to wear it.

I hadn't had time to replace it.

So this christmas i'm the bad person :D
09:22am 03/01/13 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7059 posts
so in summary;
skythra f***ed some chick who thought he smelled bad so she bought him a can of lynx for christmas. got heaps toey a few days later, was still keen sans debog.
10:16am 03/01/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6288 posts
so in summary;
skythra f***ed some chick who thought he smelled bad so she bought him a can of lynx for christmas. got heaps toey a few days later, was still keen sans debog.

more or less, who spend 60 dollars on adidas cologne :s
http://www.99perfume.com/image/ADI8M_M.jpg
10:36am 03/01/13 Permalink
Reverend Evil™
Wynnum, Queensland
21180 posts
a bill from my mother from german customs if i wanted to pick up some package with a rivers shirt and some cheap jewlery

LOL

Remember those Rivers ads that had the person talking and there was random s*** going on in the background like construction werk or someone mowing the lawn? I always thought an awesome ad idea would have the person talking about the deals and in the background have people screaming and pleading for their lives with the sounds of chainsaws and shotguns going off.
10:45am 03/01/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3305 posts
$60? No way. Ebay.au has it for ~$30 where as other sites were $20 or lower. Pretty sure we had it in cosmetics for $20 this xmas.
10:47am 03/01/13 Permalink
WirlWind
Central Coast, New South Wales
465 posts
I got a giant bible once...

I mean, who the f*** gives a 12 year old (this was quite a while ago) a f*****g bible?

Jesus Christ, worst gift ever. I grew out of fairy tales when I was 8...
11:15am 03/01/13 Permalink
Karmadelik
Brisbane, Queensland
198 posts
You are all a bunch of f***wits, seriously...
goddam ungrateful pieces of s***
Consider yourselves lucky you actually recieved gifts when theres s***loads of families who cant even afford to put food on the table.

edit:
Actually, I challenge any one of you to send all your presents you would normally get to a charity next christmas. The kids who'd get it would actually appriecate it instead of you skrubs.
11:47am 03/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7118 posts
I got a giant bible once...I mean, who the f*** gives a 12 year old (this was quite a while ago) a f*****g bible?Jesus Christ, worst gift ever. I grew out of fairy tales when I was 8...

I got like 5 bibles as a kid. :( There was a mini version, and an american kids version, and an illustrated version, and a big heavy version, and...

F*****g bronze age cults.
11:53am 03/01/13 Permalink
Zak
Brisbane, Queensland
2949 posts
It was a tie between a 3 pack of hankies and a small golliwog plush toy
11:55am 03/01/13 Permalink
demon
Brisbane, Queensland
7028 posts
westfield gift card :(
to use it i'd have to go to a westfield :(
11:57am 03/01/13 Permalink
Sc00bs
Brisbane, Queensland
9109 posts
i got one present this year, alpinestar moto jacket. so no bad ones =)
12:04pm 03/01/13 Permalink
DeadlyDav0
Brisbane, Queensland
3307 posts
lol @ the ragers ITT.
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34848 posts
ooooh, quick detour on bibles.

so we went camping for the week between xmas and new years, and the campsite had this awesome kid entertaining. i was a bit sus when i went to check spook jnr in, that there was so many people involved. . . . .

so yer, turns out, they are hardcore god botherers. they did a week of bible stories (and games about the bible) before finishing with a family nite, which at the end of they told all the kids to go ask their parents if they could get a bible to take home.

spook jnr didnt have a clue what a bible was, but came and begged me for one, so we went up to get it, spook jnr was totes devo, when it turns out that a bible, is not "bubbles" but some lame book about a made up dude.
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7119 posts
i got one present this year, alpinestar moto jacket. so no bad ones =)

It's still by definition your worst present ;), though also your best..
12:06pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Protius
Brisbane, Queensland
4476 posts
Where did you go camping spook? Used to get the same s*** when I went camping with the family years ago up the coast.
12:06pm 03/01/13 Permalink
DecayingCorpse
Brisbane, Queensland
2111 posts
Actually, I challenge any one of you to send all your presents you would normally get to a charity next christmas. The kids who'd get it would actually appriecate it instead of you skrubs.

at the risk of being uncaring - where's the fun in that? people that can't afford to put food on the table usually make sure they've got beer/smokes/drugs first.
12:07pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7120 posts
at the risk of being uncaring - where's the fun in that? people that can't afford to put food on the table usually make sure they've got beer/smokes/drugs first.

Sometimes they're just being scammed by pastors and churches when society turns a blind eye to scams if you call them a religion, and insists that you leave these people alone if you criticize them.

(Was a charity kid for several christmases, parents were paying thousands in debt to the church for their 'gift' of schooling us in creationism)
12:10pm 03/01/13 Permalink
DecayingCorpse
Brisbane, Queensland
2113 posts
^ that too. also one of my favorite subjects which requires linking to a george carlin video...

12:14pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34849 posts
Where did you go camping spook? Used to get the same s*** when I went camping with the family years ago up the coast.

kirra, gold coast.

seen a few kids clubs that are arts and krafty, but these guys were FULL ON with the god stuff. lucky spook jnr didnt have a clue what they were on about.
12:17pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Zak
Brisbane, Queensland
2953 posts
You live right around the corner from a church don't you? He's never been curious before?
01:00pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Karmadelik
Brisbane, Queensland
199 posts
I dont think u can paint all people in the same picture D.C. just bcos there are people who buy smokes/beer w/e with the little money they have doesnt mean all do. I work with people from poor backgrounds all the time and most are actually working towards something good - not just some life of toil. If u did what i challenged u might find the enjoyment of knowing u made a poor kids day better than the crappy feelings ur all posting above.
01:03pm 03/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22030 posts
You're wrong Karma. I saw an obviously poor person buying smokes the other day.
01:08pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Karmadelik
Brisbane, Queensland
200 posts
Grats fpot. Hope they didnt rip u off at the counter
01:11pm 03/01/13 Permalink
ravn0s
Brisbane, Queensland
16460 posts
4/5 lotto tickets i received for christmas were winners. won $109.
01:14pm 03/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22031 posts
Plus there is this alarming statistic

http://i.imgur.com/LDC8el.jpg
01:16pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34853 posts
You live right around the corner from a church don't you? He's never been curious before?

hes just not old enough to get it, yet. hes off to a catholic school this year, so im sure he'll be getting it soon enough.
01:17pm 03/01/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3728 posts
6-pack of Corana's for Secret Santa was probably my worst. i would throw that s*** on the ground.

then vacuum it back up and into bottles with green labels. more VB for you!
01:23pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Karmadelik
Brisbane, Queensland
201 posts
Oh wow! Didnt think having a fridge automatically generated foodstuff. Me so stupid
01:24pm 03/01/13 Permalink
reload!
Brisbane, Queensland
7062 posts
hes off to a catholic school this year, so im sure he'll be getting it soon enough.

:( unfortunate phrasing is unfortunate
01:30pm 03/01/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3729 posts
lol reload!
01:50pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Dazhel
Gold Coast, Queensland
5557 posts
^ haha reload
01:57pm 03/01/13 Permalink
skythra
Brisbane, Queensland
6289 posts
nice reload!
02:12pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34854 posts
haha, oh snap

02:37pm 03/01/13 Permalink
stinky
USA
3752 posts
I got a giant bible once...

I mean, who the f*** gives a 12 year old (this was quite a while ago) a f*****g bible?

Jesus Christ, worst gift ever. I grew out of fairy tales when I was 8...

so you're mad because you got Jesus' biography on the day of the celebration of his birthday because you don't believe in him, but you're still happy to receive gifts on his birthday ( as long as they don't reference him ) and use his name as an expletive ?

Odd.
03:10pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Nerf Lord
Brisbane, Queensland
7121 posts
so you're mad because you got Jesus' biography on the day of the celebration of his birthday because you don't believe in him, but you're still happy to receive gifts on his birthday ( as long as they don't reference him ) and use his name as an expletive ?

Odd.

Oh Jesus.

Christmas is older than christianity, it was a pagan (competing religion) festival before the priests decided that stealing it would work well for them.

Next you're going to decry people who are against indoctrinating their children to believe in Thor on Thursday. I mean it's his day, why don't you call it bhaalsday if you don't believe in Thor??
03:18pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Hogfather
Cairns, Queensland
13308 posts
:( unfortunate phrasing is unfortunate

ahaha
03:18pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Opec
Brisbane, Queensland
7709 posts
reload! wins this thread. Twice.
03:19pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Khel
Brisbane, Queensland
20480 posts
Didn't get anything particularly dodgy these year, but in the past I've got some pretty lame presents from relatives. Got a can of spray-on tire black one year, and a bottle of shower gel another year. Its less than you'd even spend on a random person for secret santa!
03:34pm 03/01/13 Permalink
WirlWind
466 posts

Odd.

What Nerfy said x2.

Also, I use his name as an expletive because it royally pisses off my extremely devout extended family to no end.

The only thing I celebrate on christmas is being with family and also pissing them off :) It's also a day where my family helps buy stuff that the younger and less financially stable need (such as money towards my new PC upgrade, old bits were dying) or my brother, who got a bunch of house-warming stuffs.

Didn't get anything particularly dodgy these year, but in the past I've got some pretty lame presents from relatives. Got a can of spray-on tire black one year, and a bottle of shower gel another year. Its less than you'd even spend on a random person for secret santa!

Beat this... Every year, my Auntie would give me... a $2 toy from the reject shop XD

It was a good christmas if the pressie lasted the day without breaking.
03:36pm 03/01/13 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5675 posts
haha stinky is trolling you tards.
05:46pm 03/01/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34855 posts
pretty sure you love jesus greazy (or the towel head equivalent)
06:28pm 03/01/13 Permalink
WirlWind
469 posts
haha stinky is trolling you tards.

Oh noes, he made me type 3 lines of text.

Fail troll. 2/10. Would not bang.
08:29pm 03/01/13 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9818 posts

My wife gave me a gift - she convinced me to spend time with some people that I am related to on Dec 30th.. and they also agreed to spend time with me in the spirit of the occasion. We weren't all able to meet up in the same place so we did the family 'XMas' on the Gold Coast after the 25th this year. I didn't take my wife or family along to the occasion for reasons I won't get in to any detail about.

It was a good visit - I played in the surf with my older brother Dave (all the while thinking to myself that the surf was dangerously rough for young children under the age of 10.. why would he ask me to bring the kids?) :/.. trying to lighten up here...

We ate, voiced pleasantries with each other and seemed to enjoy the time. It was good to see Dad and his wife again.

This was pleasant, and for once - no one in the family voiced their own private agendas;

I am suspicious, though I want to believe...

last edited by koopz at 23:32:20 03/Jan/13
11:29pm 03/01/13 Permalink
FaceMan
Brisbane, Queensland
9728 posts
Did anyone watch a Moody Christmas on ABC1 ?
haha that show was so Australian it was like reality TV.
11:40pm 03/01/13 Permalink
koopz
Brisbane, Queensland
9819 posts
got iView link FM?

hey btw - how do we see shows that have gone over their time on ABC? Peeps link me this stuff that still works, but I have NFI how to do the same for mates eh...

I recommended a good heavy metal docco that was on iView this past year to other forum readers but don't know how to find the links to older eps that aren't on the front iView page anymore - I know the content is prolly still there on the ABC servers though.

How do you access info that's still there after the ABC site no longer shows it FM?

11:50pm 03/01/13 Permalink
pARODY
Brisbane, Queensland
1111 posts
I keep seeing the thread topic and reading Gift as Gif. So here's my worst gif over xmas.

http://i.imgur.com/cJURD.gif
12:08am 04/01/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3731 posts
got iView link FM?

hey btw - how do we see shows that have gone over their time on ABC? Peeps link me this stuff that still works, but I have NFI how to do the same for mates eh... I recommended a good heavy metal docco that was on iView this past year to other forum readers but don't know how to find the links to older eps that aren't on the front iView page anymore - I know the content is prolly still there on the ABC servers though.

How do you access info that's still there after the ABC site no longer shows it FM?

http://www.abc.net.au/iview/

if you want to DL it for later viewing use the napper software. works very well and there's one for ABC, SBS, and 7. not sure if it keeps older eps but may be worth looking at.

http://users.on.net/~m.elliott/ivn/index.html
01:47pm 04/01/13 Permalink
greazy
Brisbane, Queensland
5681 posts
pretty sure you love jesus greazy (or the towel head equivalent)

Anyone who hangs out with hoes and lepers is gold in my book of jesus.
Oh noes, he made me type 3 lines of text.Fail troll. 2/10. Would not bang.

Cry more f*****.
05:47pm 04/01/13 Permalink
WirlWind
472 posts
Cry more f*****.

1/10, even worse.
06:10pm 04/01/13 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1239 posts
Best was also my worst!

Added a 1400mm wingspan British 25e Hurricane with retractable landing gear and split flaps to my fleet :)
Slowly working my way towards FPV, one day :)
10:28pm 04/01/13 Permalink
fpot
Gold Coast, Queensland
22041 posts
Is that a remote control plane?
11:12pm 04/01/13 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1240 posts
^ it sure is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txMdqjrOJE4&feature=youtu.be

(Might want sound off unless you want Battlefield 1942 theme in your ears)

Only one loop in the vid the rest was just flying and fighting the wind.

The video doesn't really give its size much justice as it's about as wide as my Nissan X-Trail (Needs seats folded down + doesn't fit in horizontally).
I messed the landing being very nervous about the much higher stall speed oops.
11:48pm 04/01/13 Permalink
Scooter
Brisbane, Queensland
6142 posts
I want a Drone for remote sensing but work wont pay for one :(
12:06am 05/01/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3732 posts

That's cool Mephz

What is your "fleet"?
11:35am 05/01/13 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1241 posts
Not really a fleet so to speak :P

Only three. Cessna 1000mm (~800g), F4U Corsair 1100mm (850g) and 25e Hurricane 1400mm (2.1kg)
12:29pm 05/01/13 Permalink
crazymorton
Brisbane, Queensland
3733 posts
nice. looks like fun, expensive fun?
12:37pm 05/01/13 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1242 posts
Take-off and landing on a tiny cricket pitch barely wing-span width on the corsair:
More difficult than it looks to be so precise hence the reaction at the end :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkBCeCCKPfs
12:45pm 05/01/13 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1243 posts
nice. looks like fun, expensive fun?
Not so much.
If you can find someone to teach you to fly it will keep costs down or otherwise acquire an RC flight simulator like RealFlight or Phoenix you can use a ps3 controller or xbox controller - set it up so your controls would be as they are on the Tx (if you don't have one to plug into the computer), the only downside is on a real Tx your throttle isn't springed to return to neutral.

Australians generally fly Mode 1 which is
Right stick: Throttle up/down, Ailerons left/right
Left stick: Elevator up/down, rudder left/right.

As far as expense goes, with Lithium Polymer batteries nowadays brushless motors have made R/C cars/boats/heli/planes very affordable. The only downside is the batteries are highly volatile if you damage or over-charge the cells (youtube LiPoly batteries exploding and the fires they create to see what I mean they are almost napalm in a battery that go off like a firework!).
In saying that, they are dirt cheap - For < $50 worth of batteries I have in my fridge (where I store them) probably enough power that can fit in my hand to crank start both my cars a few times!

My birds are all made of Foam (It's special lightweight durable foam - more durable than your packing foam stuff), it still breaks easily on a big crash but its very easily repaired with some glue and crushes can be repaired by pouring boiling water over it.

Most of compnentry is dirt cheap, I buy from www.HobbyKing.com
A motor that costs $60+ from a reputable 'long standing' brand like Futaba/JR etc. costs you about $16 from HK. And so far all the cheap electronics I've had from HK and my mates had from HK have worked beautifully.
Turnigy (owned by HobbyKing) are establishing themselves as an excellent brand for the $.
In fact, my 'reputable' servo is what caused a catastrophic crash on my corsair. Plowed the nose into the ground at high speed after a servo jammed in the worst possible position at the worst time, Broke the cowl, tore the wing mount out etc. a little bit of 30 minute epoxy later and a little sticky tape whilst it dries and she was flying again that afternoon (minus the cowl - which I had spares for $4 or so which were sitting at home).
Replacement servo $0.60c and about an hour or so of repair time.

If you want to know more though I'd be happy to help. It's the kind of hobby you can go as far or as little as you like with.

Some guys by using Broadcasting (illegal in AU) have flown their planes FPV over 70km away and back (using numerous batteries in parallel and glow motors). Utilising GPS onboard if a signal is lost the plane will even automatically fly back to home base!

last edited by Mephz at 13:08:49 05/Jan/13
01:03pm 05/01/13 Permalink
Spook
Brisbane, Queensland
34881 posts
this is the only remote control vehicle id be interested in:
01:12pm 05/01/13 Permalink
Mephz
Brisbane, Queensland
1244 posts
^ hahah EDF superman that's awesome.

It's using an Electric Ducted Fan (jet style). That's awesome. There's all sorts of stuff out there people have turned into RC planes but that's the greatest :)
01:16pm 05/01/13 Permalink
system
Internet
--
01:16pm 05/01/13 Permalink
AusGamers Forums
Show: per page
This thread is archived and cannot be replied to.